Belhurst Castle Reviews

Belhurst Castle 7
  • Kari

Kari · Getting married on 08/15/2020

Great! So pretty

We had a great consult at belhurst and decided to book the venue for our wedding! So beautiful.

Sent on 07/01/2019
  • Elena

Elena Bello · Getting married on 07/26/2020

Very professional and they really know what their doing

I got to meet with Sharon the assistant coordinator. Sharon was absolutely amazing and explained everything to us in great detail with minimal questions needed afterwards. When I walked into the Meritage room I audibly gasped. The view is quite literally breathtaking and my fiancee and I knew right then and there that this was the place for us. I also could not believe that they don't charge a venue fee. I went to many other venues who charged around $2,000 dollars just to be there on top of having to get catering and everything else involved and all I could say to my fiancee was "Are you serious? I mean this place isn't even a castle and they want this much!" Anyways long story short, we are so excited to have Belhurst Castle host our upcoming Disney themed wedding. (how perfect to be getting married in a castle)

Sent on 05/28/2019
  • Heather

Heather Myers · Married on 09/08/2019

A Stress Free Venue

Belhurst Castle, specifically Carmen, made our experience so pleasant. Carmen has a list of recommended vendors and she coordinates directly with them on your wedding day. I had no idea anything was happening. My only job that day was to get ready and get married. She was also able to help us work around a sensitive family issue and helped ease the drama.

Sent on 09/27/2019
  • Christina

Christina Phelan · Married on 08/23/2019

Wedding Ceremony and Reception

We had our ceremony & reception at the Belhurst in August 2019. The day turned out even more beautiful than imagined!!! We are so happy with our choice in this venue for our day. The event coordinators (Carmen and Sharon) were wonderful in making sure everything went as planned. During the planning process, they were always available for questions which helped alleviate any concerns and allowed planning to go smoothly. We loved that that everything you could need is on site - hotel, salon, restaurant. We used the salon for makeup, and most of our family stayed on site. The rooms are a bit pricey during peak season and working with the hotel staff required us to stay on top of tasks; however, you are paying to stay on site in a historical castle and everything worked out well in the end. Plus, the wine spigot was a hit with the guests! The food was perfect, and the amount of choices to customize your menu exceeded expectations. The view of Seneca Lake, and the value compared to other Finger Lakes venues, could not be beat. Definitely check this out!

Sent on 09/30/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 08/10/2019

Truly magical experience!

Belhurst Castle is a beautiful venue, and their staff are wonderful to work with. We got married in July 2019, and couldn't be happier with the day (even in the presence of rain). Carmen and staff were absolutely wonderful! She is truly a pro, and made us feel so at ease throughout the wedding process. The food was wonderful as well (I still have people talking about the mac n cheese bites). I wish I could go back and do it again, or at least go to another wedding there to experience what all my guests raved about!

Sent on 07/24/2019
    Belhurst Castle 8
    Belhurst Castle 9
  • Megan

Megan Candelaria Feliciano · Married on 07/19/2019

July 2019 Wedding

The Belhurst Castle is set right on Seneca Lake and is a gorgeous backdrop for weddings. We had our reception on the lawn and our reception in the Meritage Ballroom. While the location itself was our initial draw to the Belhurst, the major advantage of the Belhurst was Carmen, Sharon, and the rest of their staff. Carmen and Sharon go above and beyond to help make sure your day goes smoothly. They are true wedding professionals! They are extremely organized, caring, and accommodating. I felt like I could relax and enjoy the day because I trusted Carmen and Sharon completely. The only issue we had at the Belhurst was that we got married on a day that was 100 degrees outside so the air conditioning in the castle was not cutting it for that kind of weather. Everyone had a great time though and we had a beautiful wedding. Highly recommend the Belhurst!

Sent on 09/03/2019
  • Jenny

Nicole · Married on 07/06/2019

Absolutely Amazing!

From the start of our planning to the execution of everything on the day of- we cannot imagine having had our wedding anywhere else! The Belhurst Castle team made our day so wonderful and easy to plan and we truly appreciate that, especially since we planned long distance from across the country. Carmen our wedding coordinator was amazing and we were more than impressed with how accurate her suggestions as far as expectations for pricing, headcount and meal choices were. As we progressed through the planning process, it was clear how prepared and professional Carmen & the entire team at Belhurst conducted themselves. On our wedding day, we had rain throughout the day but the entire staff at Belhurst worked extremely hard and managed to get us outside for the event just as the sky cleared up- we were thrilled! The ceremony, cocktail hour, reception, and everything in between were incredible. Our guests continue to tell us how nice the wedding was, how beautiful Belhurst Castle is, how great the staff and service was & most importantly how much fun they had! We love Belhurst's appeal & charm and we were so happy with how our day went, we will definitely be recommending this venue to other couples we know that are planning a wedding.

Sent on 08/15/2019
    Belhurst Castle 10
    Belhurst Castle 11
    Belhurst Castle 12
    Belhurst Castle 13
    Belhurst Castle 14

Kat Madsen · Married on 06/29/2019

Everything was perfect!

The castle and grounds are just gorgeous by themselves and the food was fantastic but what really makes Belhurst phenomenal is Carmen. She is a saint. She made sure no "t" was left uncrossed and no "i" un-dotted. She really made the day perfect. She gives you "Carmen's check list of things" to make sure everything goes smoothly the day of and the days leading up to. She has a very calming effect, probably because it is so obvious that she knows exactly what she's doing. Carmen is priceless.
    The food was great, and when we were unable to finish our dinners the staff boxed them up for us so we could take them to our room. We also ended up with a credit from where we had over paid for some things (they don't charge you for people who don't show up) and that was a nice surprise at checkout.
    My bridesmaids, my mom, his mom, and I all got our hair and makeup done at the Isabella salon and everyone walked out of there looking fabulous. Holly did my hair and she did an amazing job, I have a TON of hair and she wrangled it into a bun that held the entire night, even with my veil that weighed about 5lbs.
    I can't think of one negative thing to say. Everything was perfect

Sent on 07/08/2019
    Belhurst Castle 15
    Belhurst Castle 16
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 06/15/2019

Excellent!!

Belhurst was amazing, to say the least. The assistant coordinator, Sharon, was with us EVERY step of the way! The price is steep, but in our minds, so worth it. The compliments we received all night were beyond what we expected. Amazingly beautiful venue, fantastic food, great atmosphere. What more could you ask for??

Sent on 06/17/2019
  • Rachel

Rachel Scalzo · Married on 05/26/2019

Belhurst Castle

Working with Belhurst was amazing. To be honest not only is the cost reasonable for any size wedding the location is absolutely gorgeous and the people there are so well to work with. I would recommend for any couple who is looking for a beautiful wedding. I would highly recommend to have the wedding Sunday for brunch.....the food is AMAZING!

Sent on 06/06/2019
  • W

Wendy P · Married on 05/04/2019

Belhurst was Amazing!

The staff at Belhurst was fantastic from day 1. Working with Sharon made the planning stress free and Carmen was a rockstar on the wedding day, coordinating everything perfectly. I couldn't have been happier!!

Sent on 07/07/2019

Lynne Burmeistr · Married on 12/29/2018

Perfect Wedding Venue

My daughter and her fiance booked the main ballroom at Belhurst Castle for their wedding reception about a year and a half before the date (December 29, 2018.) As the mother of the bride, who lives in Florida, I am so thankful and appreciative of all the help I received in making this their dream come true wedding. Carmen was always available to meet with me when I was in town, answered all of my questions, and helped me with all of the many details. She went above and beyond! She was flexible with all of my requests and handled all of the unexpected on the day of the event with professionalism and ease. The ballroom was gorgeous, the dinner delicious, and all of the guests had an outstanding experience. My daughter indeed had the wedding of her dreams! I highly recommend Belhurst Castle as your wedding venue!

Sent on 01/17/2019
    Belhurst Castle 17

Jacqui Lanchantin · Married on 10/20/2018

Seamless, unforgettable, perfect

Seamless, unforgettable, and perfect.. are only 3 of the 1 million emotions I felt toward Carmen and her staff the day of my wedding. Carmen, thank you for being the woman behind it all. Your perfectly articulated announcements to my guests before/after ceremony.. for having the food brought out and timed/cooked perfectly, and for the meetings leading up to my wedding day... I can’t even tell you how grateful I am for you and the Belhurst staff. You are the MASTER of your craft and the biggest asset to the Castle... To all future brides, BOOK AT BELHURST. It’s breathtaking and luxurious in everyway... but trust me when I say, YOU WANT CARMEN OVERSEEING YOUR WEDDING. Trust me. I love you Carmen! My husband and I will forever be your biggest fans! You handled all 165 people at my wedding with EASE! Bravo to you and the staff.. and thank you! Best Venue and BEST decision we made! Thank you!!!

Bill and Jacqui Lanchantin
    Married on Oct 20. 2018
    Meritage Room :)

Sent on 11/13/2018
  • Sherry

Sherry · Married on 10/06/2018

What a beautiful beautiful venue for your wedding.. a few little bumps on check on,but they took care of it rite their and then.. the wedding day it self was exactly what we wanted. All our guest said it was absolutely beautiful. We live 6 hours away and booked everything with darlene, she was stunning,and Matt was fantastic. . Ashley is truly an amazing and funny bartender.. we've been comig to the castle for 12 years and we decided to have our wedding hete on sat Oct 6th 2018. This was the rite place for us. Everything was perfect. Thanks again.. see you soon. Sherry and rich 10/6/18

Sent on 10/09/2018

Andrea · Married on 06/16/2018

Carmen and the whole staff at Belhurst made Kasey and Tommy's wedding an absolute delight! No stress, whatsoever! It was perfect in all regards. I would recommend Belhurst to everyone. They did an amazing job! Thank you!!

Sent on 06/29/2018

Mary · Married on 06/08/2018

I had my literal dream wedding at the Belhurst Castle. Carmen is a wedding ninja. She will stick to your budget, but also guide you in ways that you never thought you would need. She is incredibly responsive, and will answer every question you may have. We had our wedding in the backyard of the castle, and some of my fondest memories will be standing under that tree and saying my vows. Our wedding reception was in the Meritage ballroom, the "new" side. It was fantastic. The food was AMAZING (unlike most weddings I have been to), the service was spot on, everything was perfect. I cannot gush about this place enough. All of my guests have commented to me about how beautiful the venue was, and how much fun they had. I highly suggest it.

Sent on 06/23/2018

Ronald · Married on 06/02/2018

Our daughter was married at Belhurst this past weekend. We had the ceremony and a Saturday night reception there as well as a welcome reception (Friday night) and breakfast (Sunday morning). Every aspect of the weekend was outstanding. The venue is beautiful - both the buildings and the grounds, and the food is superb. But most importantly, the staff is awesome. The key is Carmen who coordinates the event - she is organized, energetic, very good-natured and a great communicator. The rest of the staff is also great and they made a wonderful wedding even better by their help and kindness.

Sent on 06/07/2018

Lina · Married on 05/26/2018

We could not be any more thrilled with our wedding at Belhurst. Carmen is one of a kind and made it her mission to make us feel completely relaxed, excited, and confident that everything would go perfectly. The pictures are breathtaking and the food was delicious. Carmen has been planning weddings for decades and makes each bride feel like she is only working for them. I can't imagine having gone through this process without her, and absolutely recommend the Belhurst for brides looking to get married in the breathtaking finger lakes region.

Sent on 06/11/2018

Rhonda · Married on 06/30/2017

Belhurst Castle and their amazing staff made my daughter's special day the picture perfect wedding she was dreaming and hoping for. Everything went off seamlessly-it was beautiful, relaxing and everyone had a wonderful time.

Sent on 04/27/2018

Colleen · Married on 08/12/2016

My husband and I chose the Belhurst due to its beautiful scenery and reasonable prices for the setting. Jo, our wedding coordinator was absolutely amazing. Although they were a little difficult to get in touch with initially, once we booked the venue I never had an issue with communication. Jo often responded to my emails on her days off, which as a sometimes frantic bride this was so helpful. Our big day couldn't have gone better. It rained briefly before our ceremony on the lawn and the staff had a back up plan in case it continued. Luckily it didn't and we were able to be outside (even if it was one of the hottest days of the year!) The food was delicious and every staff member that we encountered were very friendly. We took advantage of the on-site spa and many of our guests stayed in the rooms at the Castle. My husband and I spent our wedding night in the Tower Suite and it was worth every penny. I can't wait to go back and visit the Belhurst again and relive our special day.

Sent on 01/08/2017

Caleb · Married on 07/10/2016

Belhurst Castle has both wonderful facilities and backdrop. The only thing that can ruin the fun would be the weather. But even with not so nice weather, the Meritage Ballroom would still offer a full view of the Seneca Lake and quick access to the patio and lawn beyond if the sky clears up. Fortunately, our wedding reception didn't warrant the backup plan.

Jo, in charge of handling our reception reservation, was very responsive, helpful, understanding, and accommodating. She has an entire system in place for event preparation, from seating chart to last-minute check-list. We worked comfortably with her in arranging everything to the way we desired, from dish selection to table decoration.

Jo was very accommodating in working with our busy wedding schedule. The entire staff was very friendly and we came across zero trouble from set-up to take-down. Our photographers and guests took many amazing pictures in and around the castle, as well as on the pier across the railroad tracks.

The food was delicious, the champagne was delightful, and we all had a very good time. The high quality service and unbeatable location (secluded on the outskirt of town but close enough to the stores for any last-minute items, plus plenty of parking spaces), came with a very reasonable pricing.

The special event folks at Belhurst also coordinated with their hotel folks, which makes it very convenient for booking a room alongside with a wedding ceremony/reception. They also has a spa that we didn't get to try.

Sent on 07/20/2016

Morgan · Married on 06/11/2016

I was married at Belhurst a little over a month ago, June 2016! Our ceremony was on the lawn and our reception was in the Meritage ballroom. This was by far the most amazing day of my life and I could not have asked for a better venue. I worked with Jo as my wedding coordinator and I can't say enough wonderful things about her. She was professional, helpful in the planning, and very quick with responses. The entire wait staff was simply amazing! They are what helped make my night what it was.

I booked the lawn and ballroom a year and a half in advance, so my date was pretty flexible. The dates at this point were just starting to be booked. There are two ballrooms so two weddings going on at once. Since we were the first to book our date we were able have first choice in the time of our ceremony, which was nice. I loved the meritage ballroom because of all of the windows allowing you to overlook the lake and the walkout patio. We also hosted a cocktail hour with appetizers and open bar for an hour in between ceremony and reception. We did a late night wing and fries station, that our guests went crazy over!

I also stayed in the Billard Suite. Since I was planning to finish getting ready in this room the staff was very prompt in preparing this for me and making sure it was one of the first rooms cleaned so my bridal party and I could get in.

Jo kept everything on schedule and flowing seamlessly. We had SO many compliments on the venue and staff. Our guests thought our wedding easily cost $40-50k, which is certainly did not! It is the most reasonable option on the lake.

After the wedding we went next store to the bar and were able to continue the party and hangout with guests. The next morning my new husband and I enjoyed a massage in the spa and was such a nice way to start off our new beginnings together! Highly recommend Belhurst for a wedding venue. Ask for Jo, she will make your dream wedding come to life!

Sent on 07/19/2016

What can I say....it was perfect...from the location, to the food, to the drinks, to the coordination to the staff...all way above par. The only down side is (and this I already knew going into it) is that communication in the months prior to the wedding is lacking....but I also knew that we would meet again right before the wedding - iron out all the details and it would be perfect so I tried not to stress too much about the unreturned emails....and you know the day was PERFECT and I just do not say that. could not have wished for any better.

Sent on 01/03/2016

Getting married at the Belhurst Castle was an amazing experience. Carmen and Jo are great and do everything to make your day stress-free! From start to finish they handle it all and let you know when it is time for you to be doing things as well such as mailing invitations and selecting meal options.

Sent on 01/21/2016

Michelle · Married on 10/25/2014

I can honestly say that we had the most perfect wedding (for us) and it was everything we could have dreamed for, and then some. We had our reception at Belhurst Castle's Meritage Ballroom on Saturday, October 25. Carmen is seriously a wedding planning genius. She could not have orchestrated our day any better. The ballroom looked amazing and she had so many great ideas regarding decor herself. When we arrived after the ceremony, we were greeted at the door with drinks and appetizers which was so nice since we would have otherwise missed all of the cocktail hour food. Even when Tim (my now hubby) and I were down by the dock taking photos, Carmen came all the way down with a server and brought us more snacks (bacon covered scallops and mini crab cakes to be exact) and they were delicious! She ensured that everything went smoothly throughout the night. In addition, the food was so good! Our two most popular dinner selections amongst our guests were the filet and the salmon. I have to say that Tim and I both (as well as many satisfied guests) were very pleased with how both were cooked/tasted. It's not every day that you find a place that can cook a large amount of both of those without under/over cooking them. The servers and bartenders were great as well. We have been getting so much positive feedback from our families and friends since the wedding. We are just so happy with how everything turned out and would recommend Belhurst to anyone.

Sent on 11/05/2014