Belhurst Castle Reviews

63 | Geneva, NY

63 Reviews for Belhurst Castle

63 Belhurst Castle Reviews

Sherry · Married on 10/06/2018

What a beautiful beautiful venue for your wedding.. a few little bumps on check on,but they took care of it rite their and then.. the wedding day it self was exactly what we wanted. All our guest said it was absolutely beautiful. We live 6 hours away and booked everything with darlene, she was stunning,and Matt was fantastic. . Ashley is truly an amazing and funny bartender.. we've been comig to the castle for 12 years and we decided to have our wedding hete on sat Oct 6th 2018. This was the rite place for us. Everything was perfect. Thanks again.. see you soon. Sherry and rich 10/6/18

Andrea · Married on 06/16/2018

Carmen and the whole staff at Belhurst made Kasey and Tommy's wedding an absolute delight! No stress, whatsoever! It was perfect in all regards. I would recommend Belhurst to everyone. They did an amazing job! Thank you!!

Mary · Married on 06/08/2018

I had my literal dream wedding at the Belhurst Castle. Carmen is a wedding ninja. She will stick to your budget, but also guide you in ways that you never thought you would need. She is incredibly responsive, and will answer every question you may have. We had our wedding in the backyard of the castle, and some of my fondest memories will be standing under that tree and saying my vows. Our wedding reception was in the Meritage ballroom, the "new" side. It was fantastic. The food was AMAZING (unlike most weddings I have been to), the service was spot on, everything was perfect. I cannot gush about this place enough. All of my guests have commented to me about how beautiful the venue was, and how much fun they had. I highly suggest it.

Ronald · Married on 06/02/2018

Our daughter was married at Belhurst this past weekend. We had the ceremony and a Saturday night reception there as well as a welcome reception (Friday night) and breakfast (Sunday morning). Every aspect of the weekend was outstanding. The venue is beautiful - both the buildings and the grounds, and the food is superb. But most importantly, the staff is awesome. The key is Carmen who coordinates the event - she is organized, energetic, very good-natured and a great communicator. The rest of the staff is also great and they made a wonderful wedding even better by their help and kindness.

Lina · Married on 05/26/2018

We could not be any more thrilled with our wedding at Belhurst. Carmen is one of a kind and made it her mission to make us feel completely relaxed, excited, and confident that everything would go perfectly. The pictures are breathtaking and the food was delicious. Carmen has been planning weddings for decades and makes each bride feel like she is only working for them. I can't imagine having gone through this process without her, and absolutely recommend the Belhurst for brides looking to get married in the breathtaking finger lakes region.

Rhonda · Married on 06/30/2017

Belhurst Castle and their amazing staff made my daughter's special day the picture perfect wedding she was dreaming and hoping for. Everything went off seamlessly-it was beautiful, relaxing and everyone had a wonderful time.

Colleen · Married on 08/12/2016

My husband and I chose the Belhurst due to its beautiful scenery and reasonable prices for the setting. Jo, our wedding coordinator was absolutely amazing. Although they were a little difficult to get in touch with initially, once we booked the venue I never had an issue with communication. Jo often responded to my emails on her days off, which as a sometimes frantic bride this was so helpful. Our big day couldn't have gone better. It rained briefly before our ceremony on the lawn and the staff had a back up plan in case it continued. Luckily it didn't and we were able to be outside (even if it was one of the hottest days of the year!) The food was delicious and every staff member that we encountered were very friendly. We took advantage of the on-site spa and many of our guests stayed in the rooms at the Castle. My husband and I spent our wedding night in the Tower Suite and it was worth every penny. I can't wait to go back and visit the Belhurst again and relive our special day.

Caleb · Married on 07/10/2016

Belhurst Castle has both wonderful facilities and backdrop. The only thing that can ruin the fun would be the weather. But even with not so nice weather, the Meritage Ballroom would still offer a full view of the Seneca Lake and quick access to the patio and lawn beyond if the sky clears up. Fortunately, our wedding reception didn't warrant the backup plan.

Jo, in charge of handling our reception reservation, was very responsive, helpful, understanding, and accommodating. She has an entire system in place for event preparation, from seating chart to last-minute check-list. We worked comfortably with her in arranging everything to the way we desired, from dish selection to table decoration.

Jo was very accommodating in working with our busy wedding schedule. The entire staff was very friendly and we came across zero trouble from set-up to take-down. Our photographers and guests took many amazing pictures in and around the castle, as well as on the pier across the railroad tracks.

The food was delicious, the champagne was delightful, and we all had a very good time. The high quality service and unbeatable location (secluded on the outskirt of town but close enough to the stores for any last-minute items, plus plenty of parking spaces), came with a very reasonable pricing.

The special event folks at Belhurst also coordinated with their hotel folks, which makes it very convenient for booking a room alongside with a wedding ceremony/reception. They also has a spa that we didn't get to try.

What can I say....it was perfect...from the location, to the food, to the drinks, to the coordination to the staff...all way above par. The only down side is (and this I already knew going into it) is that communication in the months prior to the wedding is lacking....but I also knew that we would meet again right before the wedding - iron out all the details and it would be perfect so I tried not to stress too much about the unreturned emails....and you know the day was PERFECT and I just do not say that. could not have wished for any better.

Getting married at the Belhurst Castle was an amazing experience. Carmen and Jo are great and do everything to make your day stress-free! From start to finish they handle it all and let you know when it is time for you to be doing things as well such as mailing invitations and selecting meal options.

Michelle · Married on 10/25/2014

I can honestly say that we had the most perfect wedding (for us) and it was everything we could have dreamed for, and then some. We had our reception at Belhurst Castle's Meritage Ballroom on Saturday, October 25. Carmen is seriously a wedding planning genius. She could not have orchestrated our day any better. The ballroom looked amazing and she had so many great ideas regarding decor herself. When we arrived after the ceremony, we were greeted at the door with drinks and appetizers which was so nice since we would have otherwise missed all of the cocktail hour food. Even when Tim (my now hubby) and I were down by the dock taking photos, Carmen came all the way down with a server and brought us more snacks (bacon covered scallops and mini crab cakes to be exact) and they were delicious! She ensured that everything went smoothly throughout the night. In addition, the food was so good! Our two most popular dinner selections amongst our guests were the filet and the salmon. I have to say that Tim and I both (as well as many satisfied guests) were very pleased with how both were cooked/tasted. It's not every day that you find a place that can cook a large amount of both of those without under/over cooking them. The servers and bartenders were great as well. We have been getting so much positive feedback from our families and friends since the wedding. We are just so happy with how everything turned out and would recommend Belhurst to anyone.

samantha · Married on 09/27/2014

Belhurst did an amazing job, everything we ask for they provided they were there every step of the way. Even down to the little details that I would have never thought of they did. We met multiple times before the wedding day and went over numerous thing to make sure that everything was perfect. The day of the wedding they came in to check on me in my bridal suite and to make sure I was feeling okay to see if I need anything and everything went off perfect I could've asked for a better venue. The place, the view, the food and staff are amazing!

Kate · Married on 08/17/2014

I HIGHLY recommend Belhurst! It is beautiful, your guests will love it, and the staff is amazing. Several guests told me this was the most beautiful wedding venue they had ever been to.
    The entire day was absolutely perfect! Most of my guests were from out of state and had never heard of the Finger Lakes, and I am glad that Belhurst was their first glimpse of it!
    Price-wise, I was very impressed. From the research that I did, it seems that Belhurst is less expensive than others in the area, and is so beautiful. There is no "ballroom rental fee" - your cost is literally just the food and drinks that your guests consume, plus a small fee to get married out on the lawn (DO IT- it was SO beautiful! And the backup plan is just to have the wedding inside the ballroom where the reception is if weather is bad) Also - you do not get charged for meals ordered for people who do not come and you can change your list up until the night before! I had almost 10 people cancel the week of the wedding and it was great not to be charged for them! Also, the food was delicious! Plus, the bride and groom can choose anything off of any of their menus and can be different from the guest choices.
    Our reception was in the Meritage ballroom, which we chose because we liked that it sits a little higher up and you can see the lake from inside. My husband and I stayed in the Tower Suite that night, and my bridesmaids and I also got ready in this room. It is an amazing suite (I didn't see any of the others, but I am sure they are great too) and my photographer took some phenomenal photos in this space. I highly recommend this too!
    I will agree with other posters that communication speed wasn't always great, but it also wasn't terrible and you shouldn't let this be the reason you don't go here. When it is close to your date, they are all about you and they are SO good at what they do! They make you feel like you are their only clients and they get everything right!

We did a sit down dinner and everything was served at the same time and it tasted amazing, all our guests raved to us how good everything tasted. We were very impressed.

They made me feel so comfortable that I had no worries the day of.

Lori · Married on 07/12/2013

Belhurst exceeded my expectations in every day. Carmen and Jo were very thorough and made sure to help us with the whole planning process. They were responsive and always worked with us to design the event we wanted. Food was INCREDIBLE and service was top-notch. When a couple of drinks were spilled they cleaned them right away with no problem or concern. The bartender remembered what everyone was drinking and had it ready for them. The rooms were amazing and the price was so reasonable. I would recommend them to everyone!

Rae · Married on 01/26/2013

My husband and I chose Belhurst for a number of reasons
    1) VALUE
    2) The whole experience for the guests (i.e - Being able to stay, experiencing the whole castle effect, breakfast/brunch in morning)
    3) Carmen seemed ( and WAS!) very professional, experienced and had it all down to a science.

Our tasting went very well! They cater to you like you are ROYALTY!
    We had our ceremony in the Meritage ballroom & our reception in the Castle ballroom.
    The whole day was ABSOLUTELY incredible - if you are not satisfied here, there is something wrong with you! My family especially & all my guests said it was the BEST wedding they had been to, and I believe it!

I would recommend BELHURST CASTLE TO ANY BRIDE WITH ANY BUDGET!

I can't wait to write a thank you card titled to the whole staff! I am eternally grateful! 5 STARS!

• Jeanine

Jeanine · Married on 09/09/2012

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at The Belhurst Castle on 9/9/12. The beautiful setting on the water and historic castle made for the perfect wedding venue for us. We had almost 200 guests and the space was plenty large enough to accomodate. Carmen Brennan, the wedding planner, was absolutely fantastic. I don't know how anyone can say any different. She was wonderful and took care of everything the day of the wedding and leading up to it. She met with us when we needed and was available to answer any questions or concerns that we had. She responded promptly to emails and phone calls. All in all this was the most amazing venue for our wedding because of the beautiful ambiance and wonderful staff who all contributed to making our day special.

Mark · Married on 06/04/2011

Best Place for a wedding ever!

Carmen sold this place so well.

awesome.

Bridget · Married on 06/06/2010

Pros: This is a HUGE value and now one stop for everything: rehearsal and rehearsal dinner, dinners, ceremony, reception, and catering. I got my hair, nails, and makeup done here as well, but only wish that I had gotten the massage! They just opened this salon that is AMAZING-Try to get Brandon!
    The restaurants are delicious and overlook the lake. The coordinator Carmen is very down to earth and is very easy to work with. IT'S A CASTLE! What more could you want!?
    Cons: The rehearsal dinner did not go very well but overall the wedding is what counts and that went off without a hitch! :-)

We had our rehearsal dinner at Belhurst Castle and it was incredible. Kelly was the woman we worked with and she was a super delight. Our friends and family felt that coming to Belhurst was such a treat and really enjoyed the food and their time there. Plus we served Belhurst wine at dinner and people really enjoyed that specialized touch.

Tracy · Married on 10/18/2008

Belhurst Castle is such an amazing place. The staff is wonderful and Carmen, the events coordinator, is very professional. She is an amazing person to work with and she really makes sure that your day is the best day of your life.

• FInebyme

Danielle · Married on 09/02/2017

I could not be happier with choosing Belhurst Castle as my reception venue. Carmen the wedding coordinator is worth her weight in gold! She not only was my husband's and mine personal server at the reception so we did not have to lift a finger or grab our own drinks, but she even went and found my flats for me when my feet were killing me. The servers found my bridal party and my husband and I while we were taking photos and brought us appetizers and drinks so we did not miss out on cocktail hour. The entire staff made sure the entire day went off without one issue. The grounds are beautiful and the food was excellent. After the wedding Carmen gave us a slice of each flavor of our wedding cake as well as a dinner entrée so we could enjoy the food we were unable to eat during the reception. The best part is the next morning at checkout Carmen had everything packed up in boxes and labeled so we were able to leave without having to pack up anything. The only slight complaint would be that they changed the prices and menu options between us booking the venue and our wedding, but it was still very affordable. Overall, I could not have picked a better venue for our reception!

sherry · Married on 05/29/2016

I a writing this as a mother of the bride. My daughter got married at Belhurst May 29th. Carmen and her team were top notch from start to finish. It rained earlier in the day and everything was set up inside but it stopped and we asked Carmen to have it outside. She had about 10 people wiping off chairs and the ceremony started maybe 30 minutes late. Food delicious. Service great. Everyone very friendly. Rooms at the castle were clean with modern bathrooms. Pretty fireplace in the room. Wine spigot outside our door. If you read a negative review of the rooms in the castle don't believe them. After the wedding I was refunded money for the people that didn't show up and the bar bill! My daughter said her day was perfect and I would highly recommend Belhurst. We loved everything about it!