Basin Harbor Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner

• Nancy
    Nancy F. Getting married on 07/06/2022

Basin Harbor is perfection

Basin Harbor helped create and execute a flawless wedding. The setting is stunning and the staff are professional and friendly. We couldn’t have wished for a more perfect wedding.
  • Jamie
    Jamie O. Married on 08/14/2021

Dream Summer Wedding at Basin Harbor

We had a truly amazing experience hosting our wedding at Basin Harbor in August 2021. Wedding planning in the pandemic era can be challenging, but the Basin Harbor team was extremely helpful as we navigated the constantly changing regulations. Luckily, we were able to host our wedding exactly as planned (thank you vaccines!). We selected Basin Harbor because we wanted our guests to share a celebratory weekend on the lake together. All of our guests had an amazing experience staying onsite for the weekend. If hosting a wedding at Basin Harbor, I highly recommend taking advantage of the many onsite amenities. We did a welcome boat cruise for our guests on the Escape and it was the perfect way to kick off the weekend. Anne and Lauren were great to work with and made sure all of the events went smoothly. The events and banquet team were also fantastic and the food at all of the events was delicious. Thanks to Basin Harbor for making our dream wedding a reality!
    David K. Married on 07/19/2021

Basin harbor = great wedding experience!

Basin Harbor Resort is the PERFECT wedding host for a celebration weekend, or midweek. Wonderful hosts, superior venue on the shores of Lake Champlain, great F&B. If we had another wedding in the family, we'd return to Basin Harbor!
  • Alissa
    Alissa Married on 06/20/2021

Absolutely in love with Basin Habor

Basin Harbor is a wonderful place, a gem in the Adirondacks. We were searching for a venue in New England for a June wedding and fell in love with Vermont. Anne, the head wedding coordinator, was so gracious and responsive through the entire process, including through postponing our wedding an entire year due to COVID. Anne and the entire BH staff made the process as stress-free as possible. And the was just the planning! The whole wedding weekend went off without a hitch. I seriously couldn't be more pleased with how everything turned out and it was WORTH the wait. Having worked with this venue for over two years now, I can confidently recommend working with Basin Harbor for your event. I can't wait to go back!
    Hannah W. Married on 06/05/2021

Basin harbor is pure magic

We were so lucky to get married at Basin Harbor! Anne, Lauren, and the entire Basin Harbor staff took such great care of us, our families, and all our guests. We booked our date just before covid hit. In the subsequent months, Anne was so reassuring and flexible. It was so obvious from the beginning that we were working with a family-owned business and not a faceless corporation. It made a huge difference. Anne worked with us as we came up with all types of reception ideas to keep people safe. She took care of us in those months down to the moment I was about to walk down the aisle and she told me to take some deep breaths. During the rehearsal, she even showed me and my dad how to take a wide turn so my dress wouldn’t get caught in the arbor. You have to love it! We were in capable hands. Basin Harbor is pure magic and I encourage you to reach out to them. It is stunning in all seasons, the food is exceptional, and the accommodations are fabulous. Having both of our families staying on the same property enabled all sorts of fun run-ins over the weekend. It is a really special place and I recommend it unreservedly for weddings and events.
  • Joanne
    Joanne P. Married on 01/12/2020

Amazing wedding venue and resort

Basin Harbor was the most incredible venue for our daughter's wedding. The event was flawless and their professionalism was extraordinary. Every detail was perfectly planned and executed. The beauty of the natural environment combined with the charming event spaces made for a delightful weekend. They have it all: fabulous food; nicely appointed cottages and guest rooms; beautiful gardens; friendly staff; many activities to add to the fun; and a wonderful wedding planning team. Our guests have repeatedly said that it was the most amazing wedding they've ever been too. We felt like royalty and are so in love with the resort that we are already talking about going back. Thank You Basin Harbor!!!
    T Bruno Married on 09/21/2019

Perfection

Our son and daughter in law were married at basin harbor in September. BH did an amazing job. The food and service were A+ and it is very tough to top the setting on Lake Champlain. The staff could not have been better. We did not have a single worry all weekend. Would highly recommend BH as a wedding option.
    Gabi Married on 09/14/2019

Amazing, from beginning to end!

My husband and I had to reschedule our Basin Harbor wedding three times due to COVID, and all along the way, Basin Harbor was there to help and was extremely flexible with our changes. The staff was professional, the view was spectacular, the food was delicious - there were moments I couldn't believe it was MY wedding - the day happened without me even having a concern or thought. Anne & Lauren were on top of everything. Basin Harbor is purely magical and I can't wait to go back and relive the memories.
    Debbie H. Married on 09/07/2019

Basin Harbor exceeded everyones' expectations! s!s

My daughter was married at Basin harbor. She was looking for a venue where all the guests could stay and enjoy an entire weekend of wedding festivities. Basin Harbor Resort was a perfect choice. The Basin Harbor staff was truly exceptional and followed through on every detail. Location, accommodations, venue options, culinary options and most of all attention to detail and professional, thoughtful staff.
    Mckenna Married on 09/07/2019

Unbelievable Venue and Incredible Wedding Coordination Team

You will not find a more fun place to get married and a better team to help you make it happen. Basin Harbor is an absolute dream of a venue - where all of your guests can stay onsite all weekend. There are so many fun activities on the menu - from boating to yoga to pub trivia to field day games (we did it all). Basin Harbor accommodated every single one of our summer camp wedding dreams. Anne and Ellen were so amazing to work with throughout the wedding planning process. They are so thoughtful, professional, organized, and accommodating and always available to help. They executed everything absolutely perfectly, and I didn't have to worry about a thing during my entire wedding weekend. The food was amazing, the drinks were tasty, and the flow from event to event was flawless. We couldn't have been happier that we chose this venue and were able to work with this great team. We are so jealous of anyone who gets to plan a great party here... we wish we could do it all over again!
  • Rebecca
    Rebecca Married on 08/31/2019

Perfect wedding weekend

Basin Harbor was absolutely perfect for our wedding Labor Day weekend! We were looking for a place where our family and friends could stay on site and be together for the whole weekend, rather than just for a few hours for the wedding, and Basin Harbor exceeded our expectations. When we first toured the property with Anne we knew we had found our place! Anne and
    Ellen were incredible throughout the whole planning process, very responsive and organized. They gave us detailed checklists covering every aspect of the wedding, to make sure no detailed went unnoticed. We had our rehearsal dinner on the North Dock followed by a Welcome Reception in the Ranger Room/pool deck. Our wedding ceremony was at the the wedding arch, cocktail hour by the Burgee Bar/Dock, and tented reception on the Homestead Lawn. We capped off the night with an incredible fireworks show and after party at the Red Mill with the biggest bonfire I’ve see. On Sunday we did a boat ride and dinner in the Terrace Room. We loved driving around our golf cart and seeing the resort filled with all our family and friends, and loved hearing our guests excitedly tell us how awesome their Lakeside cottage is. We had no kids at the wedding (other than ring bearer/flower girls), but many brought their kids to enjoy the amenities the rest of the weekend, some even extended their stay and made a vacation out of it. Everything was very well done, you can customize anything, from the menus to wine to locations, and the food was delicious (I highly recommend going to one of the grand tastings). Our guests are still talking about our wedding and some say it’s the best one they’ve been to! Basin Harbor will not disappoint!
  • Nikki
    Nikki Married on 06/29/2019

We LOVED our Basin Harbor Wedding Weekend!

Where do we even begin?! Basin Harbor was hands down the best venue we could have picked to have our wedding weekend! Ellen and Anne went above and beyond to make sure that everything was set and organized for our full weekend of wedding events. The Basin Harbor wedding team is organized, professional, and prompt. We felt completely at ease the day of our wedding knowing that Anne and Ellen were taking care of everything. We really were able to enjoy our wedding day and “be present”! The wedding team worked with us to make sure that we were able to have outdoor events the day before our wedding when they saw that there was a potential threat for rainy conditions on our actual wedding day. They even made our cocktail hour event on our wedding day outdoor/indoor to ensure that no matter what conditions we encountered, the event would be seamless! The entire staff at Basin Harbor makes sure that the wedding couple and their guests feel welcomed and special. We feel so lucky to have had hosted our wedding there and we, along with many of our guests, will be making a yearly tradition to come back and disconnect at this beautiful property. We cannot recommend Basin harbor enough!
  • Julia
    Julia Married on 06/22/2019

Our wedding weekend exceeded all expectations we ever imagined because of The Basin Harbor & their dedicated team.

The Basin Harbor is unique in that they can handle almost all aspects of your wedding in-house (thanks to Anne, Ellen and their incredible team) which in this day and age is a rare gem and a life saver for couples who may not be able to dedicate all of their time to planning their big day. In addition to being able to have your welcome party, ceremony, reception, after party and day-after brunch all in once place, the Basin Harbor can host all of your guests on-site in accommodations varying in size and price, which allows them to relax and enjoy a game of golf on their course, swim/sail/kayak in Lake Champlain, hike/bike their trails, or swim in their pool (which is a rare perk that our guests still talk about to this day). From the day we connected with Anne to moments before I walked down the aisle, they worked with my husband and I on every minute detail while offering unique ideas to personalize certain elements (a post-ceremony harbor cruise in a chris craft boat, a floating golf green during the cocktail reception, a sparkler send off, a bonfire and food truck afterparty, etc). As we worked together throughout the year, I felt like I could rely on them to make sure that everything was taken care of and I walked away from all of our conversations feeling a sense of excitement and pride in what we'd created. You can tell that they really feel passionate about their work and thoroughly enjoy creating unforgettable weddings and events. I honestly cannot imagine an easier and more enjoyable way to plan a wedding. They've built relationships with the best local vendors and host intimate meet-and-greets which makes choosing vendors (photographer, band, florist, etc.) a breeze. Our wedding weekend exceeded all expectations we ever imagined because we were able to live in the moment and enjoy ourselves. We wouldn't have been able to have that without the level of detail and incredible hospitality that the Basin Harbor offers. I cannot wait to celebrate our anniversary each year and walk around the property thinking back to the best day of my life.
  • Laksamee
    Laksamee Married on 06/09/2019

Everything You Need in One Happy Place

What a wonderful Vermont experience for our guests. Everyone raved about the food. We had an outside ceremony (Orchard Garden) and an indoor reception (Town Hall), both spaces were beautiful with the chairs, tables, plates, table cloths, provided. I cannot say enough good things about Anne and Ellen. We were worried about the ground being too soft for our outdoor ceremony, they came up with a plan to direct guests for the best way to walk on the grass. Every time I emailed with a list of questions I would get a prompt and thorough response, which any bride knows is extremely calming as you are trying to stay organized. We used the deck space for our cocktail hour and then moved inside for the reception, the Town Hall was the perfect size for our roughly 100 guests, we fit a dance floor, the photobooth, and all the small and large round tables we needed. The food was conveniently located in the porch room. We used a standing tv unit for our slide show. My dad wanted a special drink (pisco sour) and Basin Harbor was happy to accommodate us. That's basically what makes this place the best, the service we received leading up to and the day of was stellar. Things that Basin Harbor includes are catering, cake, space, and accommodations. We had food brought to us at our cabin where we got ready, and it was delicious, get the petit fours, SO GOOD. I also wanted to have a Thai water blessing during out ceremony, and Ellen worked with me to make sure our set up of the table was what we needed to make that happen. Seriously, it was so great to have Basin Harbor take the reigns once we got there so we could truly enjoy our wedding.

Some critiques: Because there was another wedding during our weekend, a few of my guests had a hard time finding rooms and had to go else where. This was fine, but there was often some confusion when I (the bride) would receive information on guest count and room availability. I think they were in the process of updating their system because the spreadsheets were sometimes a bit mixed up. Also, I was hopeful about our cake since the petit fours were so tasty (and we had a tasting where the cake was amazing), however, perhaps because the cake is made early and in a fridge, the cake was only ok, a bit cold and dry. The frosting, sugar roses, and stand they were on were great, and the red velvet is the best flavor!

Truly, this is such an amazing place, our guests had a great time exploring Vermont, they got to go out on boats, fish, bike ride, all from the resort. And out wedding was great, we had the welcome reception and a farewell brunch too, and at all the events the staff was so accommodating and fun. Thank you for making my wedding the perfect day.
    Emily Married on 09/22/2018

Phenomenal Venue

Basin Harbor exceeded our expectations form the moment we met with Anne, the fantastic special events director, one year prior to our wedding. To start, the venue is absolutely incredible -- the lakeside views, cottages, athletic amenities, and dining spaces are perfect for a wedding weekend, especially if you want your guests to stay onsite. BH offers a slew of indoor and outdoor options for your ceremony, reception, and any other flanking events, as well as reasonable rain backup plans. The event staff has exquisite attention to detail, and they are very flexible if you have particular requests - there are so many ways to customize your wedding weekend at BH, just ask. We hosted a Thursday night family dinner on the dock, a lake cruise, a Friday night lobster bake dinner in Ardelia's, an outdoor yoga class and rugby game on our wedding day, ceremony at the wedding arch, wedding reception under a tent in the Homestead Lawn, after party and bonfire at the Red Mill - each activity was well organized and fun, I would highly recommend any of these sites. The food is delicious -- we and our guests were wowed by the lobster and steak, to name a few. We were extremely happy with our planning process and, ultimately, our dream wedding weekend. Our guests continue to rave about the venue and all the fun activities and details made possible by the BH team. We enthusiastically recommend working with Basin Harbor (and Anne, events director) - we loved our experience!
    Tim W. Married on 08/25/2018

Incredible Wedding Venue

Basin Harbor Club is the embodiment of a first class venue run very professionally with a keen and focused eye toward providing an amazing experience for it's guests. For background, my daughter and now son-in-law met with he was a student and basketball teammate with my son. Both families grew to love Vermont and Erin and Ryan both wanted a VT wedding although most of our families were from the southern NH and greater Boston area. We first visited BHC in mid '17 just before they were closing for the season and fell in love with it. Anne Henderson and her staff (Matt and Chris) were super helpful/responsive with suggestion and answering our questions throughout our many months of meticulous planning. They made us feel important and valued and become friends. We had our wedding in late August '18 and the grounds were spectacular; colorful and impeccably manicured. We held a Friday evening rehearsal dinner and then a meet/greet for all of our remaining guests. It was such an incredible way to start off the weekend! The food/drinks were tremendous and the "Dock" venue was breathtaking with sunsets coming in right off Lake Champlain. There is also a late night destination, called Red Mill Tavern, right on property, which we reserved for the wedding after reception. It was a big hit with our guests with food, drinks and dancing provided. The morning of the wedding we held a golf scramble event (Jason Hughes, on site golf pro, was super helpful in helping to organize with longest drive, closest to the pin and winning teams) and with the golf course right on property, it was so easy, convenient with the course being in great shape. The wedding reception was spectacular with the food, flowers and entertainment being top shelf and coordinated closely with Anne and her staff. Not being from the VT area, we relied heavily (and thankfully so) on the BHC staff for their recommendations for third party providers. Of particular note was the photographer, Kelsey Regan from Burlington (kelseyreganphotography.com). She was special; so patient, deliberate and caring throughout Erin and Ryan's engagement right up until the final delivery of the end-product photos; which were the best we have ever seen. The morning after the wedding we had a Brunch send-off which was very well done. The staff is very proud of their work and it showed throughout the weekend. From the front desk personnel at check-in, the concierge/bag handlers, the waitstaff at all venues and most of all, Anne and her team, they were also right by our side willing to help in any way possible. Without the slightest bit of hesitation, I would recommend BHC for your wedding. They really make you feel like part of their family as you're planning such a big event. We were "stress-free" throughout the entire process largely because of the personal touch provided by BHC.
    Erin S. Married on 08/25/2018

10/10 experience!

We would absolutely recommend Basin Harbor to future couples! They were wonderful to work with, flexible with our vision and enthusiastic about creating the perfect weekend for us.
    Meghan Married on 06/23/2018
    Basin Harbor is not only a beautiful wedding venue, they have an incredible team that will do whatever it takes to provide you with your perfect wedding. We cannot recommend this venue strongly enough - if you can dream it, they can make it happen at Basin Harbor! Thank you Anne, Matt, and Chris for everything!!
    Jack Married on 06/09/2018
    Several times after our wedding had concluded, we agreed that we had never thought it might go as well as it did. Except for the truly amazing weather (for which we only half-jokingly accredit our past donations to the Nature Conservancy), much of the exquisite coordination was thanks to the Basin Harbor team. Starting almost a year in advance, the staff--and particularly Anne and Chris--were both alert to decisions, deadlines, and pitfalls that we would never have anticipated and incredibly responsive to all of our many inquiries and requests.

In short, the setting was sublime, the food was delicious, our guests consumed awe-inspiring amounts of rose, and it was truthfully the most fun either of us have ever had at a wedding (as one might hope). It was wonderful having almost all of the events in one place, and our biggest concern--that the 10pm "quiet hours" might hamper our festivities--was rendered completely moot by the excellent after-party at Red Mill, only steps down the drive. We are eternally grateful to the BH team and cannot recommend them strongly enough.
    Deborah Married on 05/19/2018
    Basin Harbor continues to be a place where memories are created with grace, style and lots of smiles.
    We are so happy we were able to have my daughters wedding here. I have been coming to Basin Harbor for over 50 years and each time the visits are filled with happy times. The wedding was seamless and the attention to detail was amazing. The food extraordinary as usual and Anne Henderson made the event run smoothly. We had a campfire Friday night after the rehearsal dinner and the dining room for the reception was beautiful. The staff was so helpful! I would recommend Basin Harbor as a place to hold one of the most important events of your families life anytime. Filled with joy! Deb Kelley
    John Married on 10/14/2017
    Anne was an outstanding resource and advisor during the planning phase and an even more outstanding host and “face” of the Club during our stay. The wedding would have been far less wonderful and memorable if not for Anne.
    Pamela Married on 10/13/2017
    Anne and Dawn were invaluable to our experience. There was an endless amount of patience, flexibility,genuine caring, not to mention how personalbe they were. I would not change one thing about the Rehearsal Dinner. My husband and I will always be grateful to the BHC team!

Basin Harbor's reply:

We loved sharing such an amazing event with you and your loved ones!
    The rehearsal dinner is often the beginning of the wedding weekend, a very special occasion for families to gather in honor of the couple as individuals and their new life together.
    Gail Married on 08/05/2017
    This is an exceptional wedding venue! We celebrated my daughter‘s wedding weekend at Basin Harbor in August, 2017 , including the rehearsal dinner , the ceremony, cocktail party, dinner and dancing and day-after brunch. The weekend was an intimate celebration of less than 25 people which meant that every detail became more important with such a small group. BH did not disappoint. It was the wedding of my daughters and her husbands dreams! From the checklist prepared in advance, to correspondence with the BH event planners, to meeting the chef to relay the dream of a tiramisu wedding cake... all was well planned before the event and correspondence was responded to promptly. As the Mother of the bride, when the wedding weekend arrived, I was prepared oversee and to worry about details, but the minute I arrived I saw that everything had been well orchestrated and I was there to enjoy the weekend with all the guests. Every detail was taken care of expertly and my BH contacts were always present should I have a last minute request , like doubling the order of boxed lunches. They were also ready to adapt to the whims of August weather if needed. The events came off without a hitch. I may be biased but as my daughter’s friend told me, it was the best wedding ever! Thanks to the location, the food, the service and the expert wedding staff!

Basin Harbor's reply:

More than anything, we want to bring family and friends together at our family owned resort. We loved getting to know each of your families throughout the year leading up to the wedding events. Thank you for sharing how wonderful everything was from the staff, each delicious dish to the wonderful memories.
    We look forward to welcoming all of you for many years!
    Hallie Married on 07/08/2017
    Basin Harbor made our day! They were wonderful to work with, extremely professional, and kept everyone happy! We couldn't have asked for a better team or experience.

Basin Harbor's reply:

Thank you for your lovely message and taking the time to share about your experience. The team at Basin Harbor is honored to have been an integral component in your wedding.
    We cannot wait to have you back for your anniversary!
    Stu Married on 06/29/2017
    Basin Harbor Club is the ideal location for your Vermont wedding! The lush thriving grounds with endless activities available, views across beautiful Lake Champlain to epic Sunsets behind the majestic Adirondack Mountains, and modern yet quintessential Vermont rustic facilities with custom cottages make for the perfect setting, accommodations, and natural aesthetic.

Basin Harbor Club's resident Wedding Coordinators, Anne Henderson and Dawn Wagner, know the venue and the many possibilities within it so well that their contributions to our wedding were immeasurable! They guided us thru the process, ensuring every detail was perfect from planning to presentation. They were responsive, collaborative, and communicative in their diligent efforts on our behalf. They were the best duo we could have ever asked for. We are so grateful for them.

Get the best collection of people from your lives together here and it will be the wedding of your dreams. It was, emphatically, OURS!

THANK YOU Anne Henderson, Dawn Wagner, and Basin Harbor Club plus staff!
    Corinne & Stu