Basin Harbor Reviews

Basin Harbor 6
Basin Harbor 7

Emily · Married on 09/22/2018

Phenomenal Venue

Basin Harbor exceeded our expectations form the moment we met with Anne, the fantastic special events director, one year prior to our wedding. To start, the venue is absolutely incredible -- the lakeside views, cottages, athletic amenities, and dining spaces are perfect for a wedding weekend, especially if you want your guests to stay onsite. BH offers a slew of indoor and outdoor options for your ceremony, reception, and any other flanking events, as well as reasonable rain backup plans. The event staff has exquisite attention to detail, and they are very flexible if you have particular requests - there are so many ways to customize your wedding weekend at BH, just ask. We hosted a Thursday night family dinner on the dock, a lake cruise, a Friday night lobster bake dinner in Ardelia's, an outdoor yoga class and rugby game on our wedding day, ceremony at the wedding arch, wedding reception under a tent in the Homestead Lawn, after party and bonfire at the Red Mill - each activity was well organized and fun, I would highly recommend any of these sites. The food is delicious -- we and our guests were wowed by the lobster and steak, to name a few. We were extremely happy with our planning process and, ultimately, our dream wedding weekend. Our guests continue to rave about the venue and all the fun activities and details made possible by the BH team. We enthusiastically recommend working with Basin Harbor (and Anne, events director) - we loved our experience!

Erin Sharry · Married on 08/25/2018

10/10 experience!

We would absolutely recommend Basin Harbor to future couples! They were wonderful to work with, flexible with our vision and enthusiastic about creating the perfect weekend for us.

Meghan · Married on 06/23/2018

Basin Harbor is not only a beautiful wedding venue, they have an incredible team that will do whatever it takes to provide you with your perfect wedding. We cannot recommend this venue strongly enough - if you can dream it, they can make it happen at Basin Harbor! Thank you Anne, Matt, and Chris for everything!!

Deborah · Married on 05/19/2018

Basin Harbor continues to be a place where memories are created with grace, style and lots of smiles.
    We are so happy we were able to have my daughters wedding here. I have been coming to Basin Harbor for over 50 years and each time the visits are filled with happy times. The wedding was seamless and the attention to detail was amazing. The food extraordinary as usual and Anne Henderson made the event run smoothly. We had a campfire Friday night after the rehearsal dinner and the dining room for the reception was beautiful. The staff was so helpful! I would recommend Basin Harbor as a place to hold one of the most important events of your families life anytime. Filled with joy! Deb Kelley

Basin Harbor 8

John · Married on 10/14/2017

Anne was an outstanding resource and advisor during the planning phase and an even more outstanding host and “face” of the Club during our stay. The wedding would have been far less wonderful and memorable if not for Anne.

Pamela · Married on 10/13/2017

Anne and Dawn were invaluable to our experience. There was an endless amount of patience, flexibility,genuine caring, not to mention how personalbe they were. I would not change one thing about the Rehearsal Dinner. My husband and I will always be grateful to the BHC team!

Sent on 12/21/2017

Basin Harbor's reply:

We loved sharing such an amazing event with you and your loved ones! The rehearsal dinner is often the beginning of the wedding weekend, a very special occasion for families to gather in honor of the couple as individuals and their new life together.

Gail · Married on 08/05/2017

This is an exceptional wedding venue! We celebrated my daughter‘s wedding weekend at Basin Harbor in August, 2017 , including the rehearsal dinner , the ceremony, cocktail party, dinner and dancing and day-after brunch. The weekend was an intimate celebration of less than 25 people which meant that every detail became more important with such a small group. BH did not disappoint. It was the wedding of my daughters and her husbands dreams! From the checklist prepared in advance, to correspondence with the BH event planners, to meeting the chef to relay the dream of a tiramisu wedding cake... all was well planned before the event and correspondence was responded to promptly. As the Mother of the bride, when the wedding weekend arrived, I was prepared oversee and to worry about details, but the minute I arrived I saw that everything had been well orchestrated and I was there to enjoy the weekend with all the guests. Every detail was taken care of expertly and my BH contacts were always present should I have a last minute request , like doubling the order of boxed lunches. They were also ready to adapt to the whims of August weather if needed. The events came off without a hitch. I may be biased but as my daughter’s friend told me, it was the best wedding ever! Thanks to the location, the food, the service and the expert wedding staff!

Sent on 12/14/2017
    Basin Harbor 9
    Basin Harbor 10
    Basin Harbor 11

Basin Harbor's reply:

More than anything, we want to bring family and friends together at our family owned resort. We loved getting to know each of your families throughout the year leading up to the wedding events. Thank you for sharing how wonderful everything was from the staff, each delicious dish to the wonderful memories. We look forward to welcoming all of you for many years!

Hallie · Married on 07/08/2017

Basin Harbor made our day! They were wonderful to work with, extremely professional, and kept everyone happy! We couldn't have asked for a better team or experience.

Sent on 12/14/2017

Basin Harbor's reply:

Thank you for your lovely message and taking the time to share about your experience. The team at Basin Harbor is honored to have been an integral component in your wedding. We cannot wait to have you back for your anniversary!

Don · Married on 06/29/2017

Anne Henderson was an absolutely delightful professional to work with!

Sent on 12/21/2017

Basin Harbor's reply:

Thank you for the kind words Don! We loved the unique details your family incorporated throughout the wedding events. Each event had custom details which offered family and friends delicious and visual elements of the couple's amazing personalities.

Stu · Married on 06/29/2017

Basin Harbor Club is the ideal location for your Vermont wedding! The lush thriving grounds with endless activities available, views across beautiful Lake Champlain to epic Sunsets behind the majestic Adirondack Mountains, and modern yet quintessential Vermont rustic facilities with custom cottages make for the perfect setting, accommodations, and natural aesthetic.

Basin Harbor Club's resident Wedding Coordinators, Anne Henderson and Dawn Wagner, know the venue and the many possibilities within it so well that their contributions to our wedding were immeasurable! They guided us thru the process, ensuring every detail was perfect from planning to presentation. They were responsive, collaborative, and communicative in their diligent efforts on our behalf. They were the best duo we could have ever asked for. We are so grateful for them.

Get the best collection of people from your lives together here and it will be the wedding of your dreams. It was, emphatically, OURS!

THANK YOU Anne Henderson, Dawn Wagner, and Basin Harbor Club plus staff!
    Corinne & Stu

Basin Harbor 18
    Basin Harbor 19
    Basin Harbor 20

Sarah · Married on 06/24/2017

We can not say enough about BHC!! It was truly the wedding of our dreams. Anne and rest of the staff were instrumental to making our weekend so special and would do it all over again in a heartbeat! The location and staff are beyond superb. Best part -- it feels like you are hosting a destination wedding without leaving VT.

Kathleen · Married on 10/03/2015

We were married the first weekend in October and couldn't have asked for a better location! All of our guests loved coming up to Vermont for the weekend and Anne, the wedding coordinator was so incredibly helpful in planning all of our weekend events.

The day seemed (at least to me!) so perfect and seamless. We did have to move some of our events inside (Friday night campfire and lakeside cocktail hour) given the high winds that weekend but Anne already had a back up plan for both and I don't think our guests even noticed there had been a change in plans.

I cannot recommend this location enough. I also loved that all of our guests could stay in one place (and in all sorts of different accommodations).

Sent on 10/18/2015

Basin Harbor's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and the experience of your loved ones. The opportunity to honor your wedding and spend the entire weekend together offers valuable time for festivities, adventure and rejuvenation. We are so happy you chose Basin Harbor Club to celebrate your wedding. We love to create wonderful memories, it's what motivates us!

My daughter was recently married at the Basin Harbor Club. Most of our wedding guests stayed at the Club, either in the main lodge, the Homestead lodge or the individual cottages. All of our guests were delighted with the beautiful scenery of the lake and the gardens, the variety of activities offered, the accommodations, the food, and the overall friendly atmosphere of the staff.
    Because our guests stayed for two nights, this became an entire wedding week-end of celebrations. Anne Henderson, the wedding coordinator and her staff could not have been more helpful. They were responsive to our questions, and made certain that no detail was left out. Anne really made it an exceptional event for our family and all of our guests.

Nancy · Married on 09/27/2014

Basin Harbor Club was a perfect place for my daughter's wedding. From our first meeting , the planning of her wedding, the wedding weekend and even after - Anne and her team were a 10 PLUS!! They were always there to answer the MANY questions we had regarding weddings. The weekend of my daughter's wedding was very stress free as Anne and her team where so on top of everything so everyone had a very enjoyable time. People are still telling us it was the best wedding and property they have ever been to.
    I can't say enough about how enjoyable and beautiful Basin Harbor Club is.

Anne was so very accommodating. we had to switch times at the last moment and she made that happen, she answered all our questions, used Kevins camera to video our ceremony. welcomed us back whenever we would like. she also had our table waiting at the Red Mill Inn. it was an event to remember and I am truly grateful to her.. she also recommended an outstanding Justice of the peace who was so perfect for us.

Jessica · Married on 08/31/2013

Anne and her team were absolutely AMAZING to work with. I would definitely recommend Basin Harbor to anyone! I can't wait to go up and see the beautiful resort again and I can't wait to see the amazing staff again in the future.

Sent on 10/23/2013

Basin Harbor's reply:

We want to thank this couple for choosing to celebrate their extraordinary day with Basin Harbor. Our team has fond memories working with both of these delightful families and watching their union. Stay in touch and let us know when you plan to visit.

Kyle · Married on 09/24/2017

Basin Harbor was an amazing setting for our wonderful wedding weekend! Anne and the entire staff were exceptional!

Writing as the Mother of the Bride, I would like to say that we could not have been happier with our choice of Basin Harbor as our venue for my daughter's wedding last summer. Although we got off to an uncertain start the previous summer with a wedding planner who ended up leaving, we were extremely pleased with the new planner who was very clear about all aspects of the event including all our different options and what they would cost.
    The Basin Harbor staff were superb and tried very hard to accommodate all of our wishes, ranging from putting lights in a tree outside the dining room, allowing a cigar bar to be set up outside with a fire pit, and lighting sparklers for all the guests at the conclusion of the reception. On very short notice, they even produced a bottle of bourbon for us to bury at the wedding site (an old Southern custom!)
    Having a wedding at Basin Harbor is SO MUCH FUN!! All of our guests who stayed there said they had never been to a better wedding. They all closed down the dance floor at the Red Mill on Friday night and were able to walk home to their rooms. On Saturday, they played golf, relaxed, swam etc. before the big event. And, no one (at least those who stayed at the club) had to drive anywhere!
    The food was fabulous. We chose to have four food stations...we were given a tasting in the spring by the chef so that we could tweak some of our choices. Everything was beautifully displayed and people commented a LOT about how great the meal choices were.
    I have never had a minute's regret about having the wedding there. if you are willing to work with their staff, they will work with you!

Sent on 10/17/2013

Basin Harbor's reply:

Every wedding is work but these guests made the work feel like a chat with an old friend. We’re grateful they chose Basin Harbor Club to celebrate their marriage and bring their family and friends together. Our staff had a lot of fun planning custom menus and activities for the wedding and we were thrilled by the guest’s reactions to the food and service. These guests had many thoughtful, personal touches that made the events so special and we’re so happy we could be here to help. All our best wishes to the bride and groom and we look forward to seeing the whole family at Basin Harbor Club in years to come!

Jamie · Married on 07/30/2016

I was hesitant about Basin Harbor at first because of the requirements I needed to meet in order to have my wedding there. Low and behold, those requirements were actually easy to meet (number of rooms, minimum dollar amount to spend, etc.). The event coordinators were very helpful and did everything I could've asked of them and then some. I had detailed centerpieces and they pulled it all off perfectly. The weather and outside locations couldn't have been more beautiful - the grounds are stunning. While the price was high, it was comparable to other locations and it included literally everything. If you can afford to have a wedding at a resort place like this, do it here!

3.0

Basin Harbor is gorgeous. My husband and I choose the spot because we wanted to find a venue that would require minimal decorating. Between their gardens, the lake, and the cliffs in the background, we didn't need to do much to make the place fit for a wedding. The coordinator, Anne Henderson was incredibly prompt with her response times. She asked tons of questions which I found incredibly helpful.

There were only two things about Basin Harbor that upset me. Between the time that I booked the venue and my rehearsal (which was just a few days before the wedding) Basin Harbor tore out several of the flower beds in the garden where my ceremony was held. We had to completely change our seating last minute and I don't think the end result was as nice as it would have been. They felt that this would accommodate more guests.

The second thing is that they decided to serve other resort guests from my open bar. The other guests did have to pay, but my wedding guests ended up waiting around for drinks while swimsuit-clad families dripped on my reception. To their credit, once I was able to track down another Basin Harbor Club staff member they immediately told the bartender to stop.

Having said that, I enjoyed my wedding more than I could possibly have imagined. It really is a stunning spot and it was very convenient to be able to have my guests stay on site. Many of my guests actually chose to stay for longer vacations to enjoy the resort.