Barlow Boudoir Reviews

12 | Raleigh, NC

12 Reviews for Barlow Boudoir

Lauren · Getting married on 11/07/2020

Don’t Look Any Further!! Book Richard Now!

Richard is amazing and so so talented!! At first I thought I’d be nervous to be in front of a camera doing a boudoir shoot but Richard knew exactly how to make me feel comfortable and confident (plus the champagne helped a little 😉). If you are contemplating who you should hire for this occasion, your search is over because there is no question that Richard is your guy! I received some sneak peak preview photos in less than a week after the shoot and I can wait to see how the rest turned out! Honestly, I couldn’t believe it was me in some of the photos and I my friend said I looked like a Victoria’s Secret angel...so thank you for making me look and feel like a model for a day! ;)

Sent on 09/26/2019
  • ashleysprivette

Ashley · Married on 12/07/2019

Your husband/significant other will thank you for hiring Richard because these photos are 🔥🔥🔥

I hired Richard for a bridal boudoir with a hair & makeup package and it was one of the most incredible experiences. I had worked with Richard before for our engagement photos so I was already comfortable with him, but he made it even better with snacks, champagne, music, and a robe to change into once I arrived at his studio. The Wink makeup artist was so great and I would definitely recommend their service for engagement/bridal portraits/wedding day makeup. Although I had a couple of shots I wanted to take, I’m so glad that I let Richard toss out all the ideas because those were my husband’s favorites. You couldn’t ask for a better indoor setting with the most beautiful window, bed, and settee. I left feeling on top of the world and would definitely do another boudoir in the future since working with Richard was so easy and the photos looked amazing. Richard was quick to respond to emails, deliver photos back on time, and the gallery he uses is so easy to download, share, and purchase photos from. Most photographers I’ve worked with have been an hour of “turn your head left,” “move your arm right,” but it was never this way with Richard. I always felt so natural and comfortable taking pictures with him. It never felt like an endless stream of instructions, so it was a breath of fresh air working with him! The best part was receiving a leather bound book of 40 photos to give to my husband and it’s probably one of his most prized possessions now haha. The reaction you’ll get from presenting it to someone will make the whole thing worth it. :) You will definitely not regret hiring Richard to shoot your bridal or boudoir photos!

Sent on 12/26/2019

Allison · Married on 09/21/2019

Great experience---Book now!

Working with Richard was wonderful! He made me feel comfortable and was very flexible with scheduling. Knowing there were time restraints, he sent a full gallery of photos the same day. The pictures turned out better than I could have ever imagined. I highly recommend booking!

Sent on 09/05/2019

Lauren · Married on 08/26/2019

Amazing!!!

I loved the Boudoir session. Richard is so professional and took amazing photos. He makes you feel so comfortable and coaches you through it all. I couldn't believe it was me when I was done. After the shoot I felt so beautiful and confident. It was the best photo session that I have ever done. Hope to use him again because I loved it so much!!! Choose him for your next session...you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 08/26/2019

Chloe · Married on 06/08/2019

Incredible photos! Empowering experience with a consummate professional

Richard was incredible to work with. I was really nervous coming into the shoot but he put me right at ease. His studio is beautiful and he provided snacks and mimosas for my friend and me to share as I had my hair and makeup done. We put on some music and I was surprised at how quickly I relaxed. He is an absolute professional and provided helpful instructions on how to pose, and the hour flew by. And, of course, the photos were gorgeous. I felt sexy and strong and confident. I had an album made and it turned out beautifully! You can choose up to 40 photos and pick between faux leather or textured linen. It was nicely wrapped and delivered in a simple, elegant box. I initially decided to do a boudoir shoot for my fiancee, but it ended up being an incredibly fun and empowering experience in ways I didn't expect. It was just as much a gift for me as it was for him. I would recommend Richard in a heartbeat.

Sent on 05/06/2019

Rebecca · Married on 05/18/2019

Wedding Boudoir

Richard is an absolutely amazing photographer! I was so nervous going into my shoot but he immediately made me feel comfortable- playing great music and proving snacks and mimosas. I left the shoot feeling empowered and beautiful and that’s all thanks to Richard’s professionalism and coaching during the entire shoot. I got an album made as a gift for my fiancée and that was absolutely beautiful as well! I would highly recommend Richard for any of your photography needs!

Sent on 05/09/2019

Nance · Married on 11/01/2018

Such a great experience

Richard is such a professional. I truly enjoyed the experience and loved the outcome!

Brittany · Married on 10/13/2018

Amazing and comfortable

Richard is an amazing photographer and person! During the boudoir shoot he made me feel so comfortable and at ease. He lets you bring clothing that makes you feel comfortable and coaches you through everything. I would HIGHLY recommend him as a boudoir shooter as well as anything else! Richard keeps things classy and relaxed!

Sent on 11/03/2018

Sidney · Married on 09/29/2018

So easy with amazing results

Richard is so easy going so you always feel comfortable. He even let's you get little sneak peeks for what the photos are looking like! I would recommend him to anyone and plan on doing more boudoir shoots in the future with him.

Courtney · Married on 09/01/2018

Spectacular!

Richard is a phenomenal photographer!! I’ve never felt more beautiful than I did behind his camera. As a previous skeptic to the boudoir world, I now see why so many people rave about it. I’d do it again in a heartbeat - and Richard would definitely be my go-to guy! Highly HIGHLY recommend!

Sent on 12/21/2018

Allyson · Married on 07/14/2018

Richard Barlow is a professional. He made me feel very comfortable in my boudoir shoot and showed my sneak peaks along the way for encouragement.

I would highly recommend hiring Richard Barlow for a boudoir shoot. From the moment I inquired about pricing and expectations, he was on top of his game. He even met me in my hometown for coffee to get to know me and my vision for the shoot. Invoices and contracts were done digitally so everything was super easy to get set up. He honored all my wishes and my dos and don’ts. I brought two friends with me and he arranged the best atmosphere, drinks, and snacks for us. I LOVE that he works with Wink hair and makeup to do glam for the shoot. I brought photos of a few things I wanted to recreate and we accomplished all of it. He guided me through the whole shoot because I needed lots of direction and by the end we were all laughing and didn’t want it to be over. When he sent me my gallery it was so hard to choose the images for my book because I liked so many. The book is very durable and tastefully done. I am so glad I stepped out of my comfort zone and I hope we can work together again in the future.

Misty · Married on 04/09/2015

Exceptional!

I love Working with Richard, he made me feel very comfortable. He is extremely professional. I would do it again in a heartbeat! His work is one of a kind.