Barb Wired LLC Reviews

Barb Wired LLC 3
  • Alyssa

Alyssa · Married on 11/03/2018

Incredible

Barb is an amazing planner. She is so organized, professional, and is looking out for the best interest of her clients. We had an awful experience with a venue and had to change 2 weeks from our wedding date to a completely new place. Barb worked really hard to basically help us start from scratch. She was so flexible with all the changes that we had that were so last minute.
    On the day of the wedding, my husband and I didn't have any worries and it was perfect! Barb and Hannah were fantastic! I got so many compliments from family/friends at the wedding about how great they were. So thankful for all the hard work they both put in to make sure my husband and I had a day to remember!

• Jackie

Jackie Mccollough · Married on 10/20/2018

Perfection Personified

We interviewed other wedding planners but Barb was our clear favorite. It takes quite a leap of faith to entrust such a major event to a stranger, but there was an immediate sense that Barb was someone we could trust. She listened to us but made informed suggestions that ended up creating a perfect day. The team members are consummate professionals: organized, sensitive, and willing to respond quickly and unobtrusively whenever curve balls seemed threatening. Barb also hooked us up with the best vendors we could have envisioned and worked incredibly well with all of them. I heartily recommend Barbed Wire without any reservations whatsoever.

Barb Wired LLC 6

Kelley · Married on 09/01/2018

Best choice we made over the year and half of wedding planning. We left another planner for Barb and her team two months until our wedding. Barb picked up the phone moments after my inquiry went in and responded at 11:00pm when I confirmed we would be proceeding with her services. You will not find a more accommodating team! BEST CHOICE YOU WILL MAKE!

Kristin · Married on 11/17/2017

Barb and her team are absolutely amazing! Barb was extremely helpful throughout the entire process and kept me calm! On my wedding day her team was on top of everything! They made sure everything ran smoothly and I didn't have to worry about a thing!

Sent on 01/29/2018

Barb Wired LLC's reply:

Thank you Kristin! You and your Hubby are the best and we enjoyed your wedding from start to finish. We wish you every happiness!

Jocelyn · Married on 10/22/2017

Barb, Iris, and their team were fantastic in handling our big (~ 150 guest) event. It was important for us to understand that they were great about suggesting vendors, and very focused on our wedding day, but we needed to be prepared to make a lot of the decisions in between. This balance was sensible and important.

On the wedding day, the team took care of innumerable details that we never could have juggled. The guests have, since the wedding, have marveled at all of the little things that fell into place. We know that wouldn't have been true without Barb Wired.

It meant a lot to us that the whole team was so positive, professional, and supportive on the big day.

Sasha · Married on 10/14/2017

I can't compliment Barb and her team enough. Talk about a fabulous, fantastic, better-than-you-could-ever-imagine day. It was all because of her team and their effort to make the day perfect. I strongly recommend her to any bride. I went with the wedding planning and coordinating package, and I am very very glad that I did.

Gregory · Married on 10/08/2017

Barb gave us a great first impression with her transparency, helpfulness, interest in getting to know us, and a planning package with a price point that worked for us. We felt confident in her knowledge of Charlottesville-area weddings and all the vendors we met throughout the process gushed about Barb and her team, so we knew we were in good hands. She was very responsive to all our questions and issues, especially in the beginning and end of the process when there was a lot going on. Every time we spoke, we felt assured that things were on track. Barb was so helpful in her recommendations that we never felt overwhelmed or stressed. We were able to work in our own ideas, with Barb helping us figure out the best way to do so based on all of her experience. During our venue walkthrough, rehearsal, and wedding day itself, Barb and her team ran everything so smoothly - we really were able to just enjoy ourselves and it meant a lot to just spend time with our guests, eat, and dance, and not worry about anything else! They handled a troubling weather forecast with smiles and ease and included so many thoughtful details that made the day really special. It's a true testament to a good team when you feel like you're the only couple they are helping. Would highly recommend BarbWired for your planning needs!

Maria · Married on 10/01/2017

Barb & her team are simply fabulous! From providing us vendor recommendations and overall wedding tips to seamlessly helping to execute the big day -- they are on top of it all! On the day of our wedding, having the Barb Wired team managing the timeline, set up, (literally every detail big & small) was priceless peace of mind. They were behind the scenes heroes -- quietly overseeing everything and making sure we, and our guests, had everything we need. Not to mention they are the most lovely people. We can't thank you enough, Barb & team!

Susan · Married on 09/23/2017

Barb was unbelievable, professional, and knowledgeable. My daughter's wedding day could not have been more perfect and we could not have done it without her!

Cheryl · Married on 07/29/2017

Barb and Lauren are amazing! They pay attention to every detail, they respond quickly and are very professional. The day of the wedding they didn't miss a beat. Everything ran smoothly and on time. I'm so glad I had them there to help run the day so my husband and I could enjoy it with our guests, and we did. I highly recommend them to anyone!!!

Liz · Married on 06/17/2017

The Barb Wire team was wonderful to work with! From helping us to organize our day and making sure we thought of every detail, to connecting us with vendors that both fit our budget and were the perfect addition to our wedding- the Barb Wire team was our essential partner during the planning process. On the day of our wedding, the team made sure that everything ran smoothly, and ensured that our vision came to life- but with absolutely no stress for us! I cannot imagine going through the planning process, or the wedding day, without Barb and her team keeping everything on track. I definitely recommend them for your special day!

Nate · Married on 06/17/2017

Barb and her team TRULY care about their clients, and it shows in everything they do!! They certainly go above and beyond to ensure their couples have the weddings of their dreams. We have worked with them many times over the years....everything always looks incredible, is on schedule, and is always handled with class. Lots of happy couples!! Highly recommend. Nate/Photo Booth of Charlottesville

Clare · Married on 05/06/2017

Barb and Kimberle were our "day-of" coordinators, and were absolutely a joy to work with! We had a large wedding (over 300 on guest list), with all kinds of complicating factors (transportation from Chapel to vineyard for reception, outdoor reception, rain in forecast, many vendors, etc.). Barb and Kimberle were so helpful all throughout the planning process, meeting with us over the phone and at our reception site, to ensure that every single detail was perfect. They are so experienced and knowledgable, that we didn't worry about a thing during the days leading up to the wedding. There were all sorts of issues that came up with our reception venue, from food to transportation, and Barb and Kimberle handled it all so that we didn't sweat any of the details. Kimberle was our on-site coordinator the day of our wedding, and had everything planned and executed to perfection. She was a very calming influence, because not only could we SEE that everything was handled, but we KNEW that Kimberly had predicted and taken care of anything that had or would come up. Barb Wired was the best investment we made in our wedding, and we couldn't recommend them more!

Mary · Married on 05/05/2017

Barb Wired has worked with the Alzheimer's Association Central and Western Virginia on our annual golf tournament and gala for 3 years. Barb and her team are experts at making events go smoothly. They are great communicators before, during and after the event. The Barb Wired team is experienced and professional and our golf tournament and gala would not be successful fundraising events without them. When my daughters are ready to get married, I'm calling Barb Wired!

j · Married on 12/16/2016

STUPENDOUS!!! Barb Wired will exceed your expectations and take the burden of coordinating your event off of you and your loved ones shoulders! She is connected to all of the most OUTSTANDING caterers, musicians, etc. and will save you hours of investigating or looking around. Her team is awesome and I can not say enough positive comments!!!

Lorna · Married on 10/15/2016

In preparing to plan my daughter's wedding I knew we needed and wanted a wedding planner. There were so many things that Barb., Iris and their team just took care of that it was so worth the money. In the beginning it was about finding the best vendors, Barb Wired did all the recommending and we used so many of their suggestions. They always looked out for us, our budget and the bride and groom's preferences.
    The Barb Wired team were so responsive throughout the year long planning process and as the date drew near I always felt we were their priority even though I knew they were servicing other clients. The day of was all about the bride and ensuring it was flawless. We all know nothing is flawless, but any issues were handled with calm and professionalism. "We will take care of that." was the phrase of the day. I have great respect for Barb Lundgren and her team at Barb Wired and would highly recommend them for anyone considering wedding planners.

Catherine · Married on 10/15/2016

I could not have imagined a more perfect day than the one that Patrick and I got hitched on, thanks largely to the Barb Wired crew! Barb and Iris were so understanding, helpful, and caring throughout our entire planning process, and they guided us towards the most amazing vendors to make the day even more perfect. I can't imagine having gone through the planning process without them. On the day of, I had no stress. They took care of anything and everything that inevitably pops up on a wedding day without any indication of anything going "wrong". I love the Barb Wired crew and wouldn't dream of recommending any other team for wedding planning!

Sarah · Married on 10/09/2016

Barb and her team were integral to making my wedding vision a reality! From vendor recommendations and coordination to scheduling and management of the day-of operations, Barb offers exceptional client service and advice. She was always attentive to my endless questions, incredibly responsive and a great support system throughout the planning process! She and her team are also so kind to work with and really have the bride and groom's best interest at heart. Hands down would recommend her services to any and all brides!

Sandi · Married on 10/01/2016

Perfection; the first word that comes to mind! My daughter recently married Jeff, one of Barbara's handsome sons, and what a blessing he is to our family. As if marrying Jeff wasn't enough; he is the son of the most wonderful event planner there could be! My daughter got to have the wedding of her dreams due in large part to the talent, creativity, thoroughness and professionalism of Barbara and her Barb Wired staff. Throughout the planning process we found that vendors were more than happy, or preferred, to work with the Barb Wired team. This speaks volumes about the reputation they have in the Charlottesville and surrounding communities. As the wedding approached, Iris and Lauren became invaluable to us. They worked with us to create the event schedule for the weekend and once it was confirmed, we never needed to think again about logistics. We were able to truly enjoy the wedding festivities trusting that they were working tirelessly behind the scenes to make sure all went well . . . . and it did! As I said "Perfection!". The best part of it all is that Barb Lundgren is now family!

Kelley · Married on 10/01/2016

One of the greatest joys in life is watching your best friend get down on one knee and ask those four words every girl dreams of hearing. What no one tells you though is how terrifying the next morning is when you realized you have to plan the biggest and most expensive celebration of your life and you have no clue where to start. Luckily for me I knew exactly who to call…my soon-to-be mother in LOVE, Barb. There are no words to describe how crucial Barb was to our special day. Not only as the mother of the groom, but as my planner, friend, and calming force. I could truly go on for hours about everything Barb and her team did for us but one of the biggest reason Barb Wired is so successful (besides their hard work, attention to detail, and just being darn amazing) is their connections within the wedding industry. Every vendor we contacted just raved about Barb and her team and everyone WANTS to work with them. We had vendors practically begging to work our wedding as a “Thank You” to Barb for all she had done for them over the years. Barb Wired is known for planning not only beautiful events, but successful events. Vendors know that when Barb is involved, the wedding and scheduling will be done right. This team of ladies made the day of our wedding flawless. They are so professional, kind, loving, and SMART. I now know why all the vendors truly do love working events with them. I always knew my future mother in law was amazing but there are no words to explain how proud her son and I are of her after seeing firsthand how amazing her business has become and how well respected she is within this industry. I am truly the luckiest bride & daughter in law ever!

Jackie · Married on 09/11/2016

We hired Barb and her fab team to plan our daughter's wedding. Best decision EVER. Barb helped us plan for things we would have never thought of on our own. When we made last minute add-ons to plans ...she helped us make it all come together successfully. Our friends and family have been telling us that this was the best wedding they have ever attended and I credit Barb & her team. Everything went smoothly and we all enjoyed the entire process and the special day.

Meg · Married on 09/11/2016

I cannot CANNOT stress enough how essential it is to have a wedding planner. Barb and her team did everything. I oscillated between being really into wedding details and not wanting to make a single decision and they took it all in stride and created the perfect day. The wedding exceeding our expectations and as far as I know... nothing went wrong and THAT is the magic and blessing of a wedding planner like Barb! She thought of everything, I still don't feel like I fully understand the scope of what is involved in wedding planning and making the day go so perfectly simply because Barb had it all covered!

Jackie · Married on 09/11/2016

My daughter was married in Sept 2016 and people are still raving about her wedding! Subsequent to the wedding other future MOBs have asked me "What was the key to planning such a great wedding?" I always tell them that hiring a wedding planner was the single best decision my daughter and I made as it relates to planning for such an important event. Specifically, hiring Barb Lundgren and her team enabled Meg & I to be confident that all of the planning milestones were met on time, that we had inside info about the best vendors and that the vendors would work seamlessly together. We were able to reduce the inevitable moments of stress which made the planning process even more special. Most importantly, on the day of the wedding everything ran so smoothly that the Bride, Groom, and the respective parents all enjoyed a wonderful day. Thank you again Barb & team!

Nancy · Married on 06/18/2016

My daughter was married last month (June 2016) and Barb Wired was the event planner hired to assist us with the wedding and reception. First, Barb was very helpful, professional and timely during the entire planning process when we had a plethora of questions and needs. She would call or skpe, whatever we needed in order to assist us. She recommended vendors, and worked diligently with us to set in place the timeline for the wedding and reception. Barb Wired coordinated all of our vendors so that they were in perfect sync with one another. On the day of the wedding, our director, Lauren, and her staff were there to make sure everything came together smoothly and went out of their way to make sure this was the wedding my daughter had envisioned. Not only did they accomplish that task, but they exceeded our expectations taking care of details we hadn't even considered. I actually had to laugh because I needed to write a check to a vendor right before the wedding and did not have a pen. I barely whispered about needing one and Lauren popped up right behind me with a pen in her hand. I still wonder how she managed to be everywhere all at once. Lauren knew exactly what needed to be done and when. She directed our large wedding party with ease and made sure everyone knew where to be and exactly what to do. There was no stress on the wedding day because if anything did go wrong, I certainly was not aware of it (which is exactly how it should be!). I cannot say enough about Barb Wired as a whole and each of these ladies individually. I would highly recommend their services to any new bride. I have no doubt you will be writing the same complimentary review!