91 Reviews for Barb Wired LLC

Partial Planning (2)
Destination (2)
Cultural (1)
91 Barb Wired LLC Reviews

Barb and her team are absolutely amazing! Barb was extremely helpful throughout the entire process and kept me calm! On my wedding day her team was on top of everything! They made sure everything ran smoothly and I didn't have to worry about a thing!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Kristin, 11/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Barb, Iris, and their team were fantastic in handling our big (~ 150 guest) event. It was important for us to understand that they were great about suggesting vendors, and very focused on our wedding day, but we needed to be prepared to make a lot of the decisions in between. This balance was sensible and important.

On the wedding day, the team took care of innumerable details that we never could have juggled. The guests have, since the wedding, have marveled at all of the little things that fell into place. We know that wouldn't have been true without Barb Wired.

It meant a lot to us that the whole team was so positive, professional, and supportive on the big day.

Profile Picture Jocelyn, 10/22/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Religious, Event Design, Full Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals

I can't compliment Barb and her team enough. Talk about a fabulous, fantastic, better-than-you-could-ever-imagine day. It was all because of her team and their effort to make the day perfect. I strongly recommend her to any bride. I went with the wedding planning and coordinating package, and I am very very glad that I did.

Profile Picture Sasha, 10/14/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Cultural, Non-Religious, Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Budget Analysis, Full Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals

Barb & her team are simply fabulous! From providing us vendor recommendations and overall wedding tips to seamlessly helping to execute the big day -- they are on top of it all! On the day of our wedding, having the Barb Wired team managing the timeline, set up, (literally every detail big & small) was priceless peace of mind. They were behind the scenes heroes -- quietly overseeing everything and making sure we, and our guests, had everything we need. Not to mention they are the most lovely people. We can't thank you enough, Barb & team!

Profile Picture Maria , 10/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Barb was unbelievable, professional, and knowledgeable. My daughter's wedding day could not have been more perfect and we could not have done it without her!

Profile Picture Susan, 9/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Barb and Lauren are amazing! They pay attention to every detail, they respond quickly and are very professional. The day of the wedding they didn't miss a beat. Everything ran smoothly and on time. I'm so glad I had them there to help run the day so my husband and I could enjoy it with our guests, and we did. I highly recommend them to anyone!!!

Profile Picture Cheryl, 7/29/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

The Barb Wire team was wonderful to work with! From helping us to organize our day and making sure we thought of every detail, to connecting us with vendors that both fit our budget and were the perfect addition to our wedding- the Barb Wire team was our essential partner during the planning process. On the day of our wedding, the team made sure that everything ran smoothly, and ensured that our vision came to life- but with absolutely no stress for us! I cannot imagine going through the planning process, or the wedding day, without Barb and her team keeping everything on track. I definitely recommend them for your special day!

Profile Picture Liz, 6/17/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Barb and her team TRULY care about their clients, and it shows in everything they do!! They certainly go above and beyond to ensure their couples have the weddings of their dreams. We have worked with them many times over the years....everything always looks incredible, is on schedule, and is always handled with class. Lots of happy couples!! Highly recommend. Nate/Photo Booth of Charlottesville

Profile Picture Nate, 6/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Barb and Kimberle were our "day-of" coordinators, and were absolutely a joy to work with! We had a large wedding (over 300 on guest list), with all kinds of complicating factors (transportation from Chapel to vineyard for reception, outdoor reception, rain in forecast, many vendors, etc.). Barb and Kimberle were so helpful all throughout the planning process, meeting with us over the phone and at our reception site, to ensure that every single detail was perfect. They are so experienced and knowledgable, that we didn't worry about a thing during the days leading up to the wedding. There were all sorts of issues that came up with our reception venue, from food to transportation, and Barb and Kimberle handled it all so that we didn't sweat any of the details. Kimberle was our on-site coordinator the day of our wedding, and had everything planned and executed to perfection. She was a very calming influence, because not only could we SEE that everything was handled, but we KNEW that Kimberly had predicted and taken care of anything that had or would come up. Barb Wired was the best investment we made in our wedding, and we couldn't recommend them more!

Profile Picture Clare, 5/6/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner

Barb Wired has worked with the Alzheimer's Association Central and Western Virginia on our annual golf tournament and gala for 3 years. Barb and her team are experts at making events go smoothly. They are great communicators before, during and after the event. The Barb Wired team is experienced and professional and our golf tournament and gala would not be successful fundraising events without them. When my daughters are ready to get married, I'm calling Barb Wired!

Profile Picture Mary, 5/5/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

STUPENDOUS!!! Barb Wired will exceed your expectations and take the burden of coordinating your event off of you and your loved ones shoulders! She is connected to all of the most OUTSTANDING caterers, musicians, etc. and will save you hours of investigating or looking around. Her team is awesome and I can not say enough positive comments!!!

Profile Picture User7519830, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Band, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Planning

In preparing to plan my daughter's wedding I knew we needed and wanted a wedding planner. There were so many things that Barb., Iris and their team just took care of that it was so worth the money. In the beginning it was about finding the best vendors, Barb Wired did all the recommending and we used so many of their suggestions. They always looked out for us, our budget and the bride and groom's preferences.
The Barb Wired team were so responsive throughout the year long planning process and as the date drew near I always felt we were their priority even though I knew they were servicing other clients. The day of was all about the bride and ensuring it was flawless. We all know nothing is flawless, but any issues were handled with calm and professionalism. "We will take care of that." was the phrase of the day. I have great respect for Barb Lundgren and her team at Barb Wired and would highly recommend them for anyone considering wedding planners.

Profile Picture User7338446, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

I could not have imagined a more perfect day than the one that Patrick and I got hitched on, thanks largely to the Barb Wired crew! Barb and Iris were so understanding, helpful, and caring throughout our entire planning process, and they guided us towards the most amazing vendors to make the day even more perfect. I can't imagine having gone through the planning process without them. On the day of, I had no stress. They took care of anything and everything that inevitably pops up on a wedding day without any indication of anything going "wrong". I love the Barb Wired crew and wouldn't dream of recommending any other team for wedding planning!

Profile Picture Catherine, 10/15/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Full Planning, To-Do Lists, Referrals

Barb and her team were integral to making my wedding vision a reality! From vendor recommendations and coordination to scheduling and management of the day-of operations, Barb offers exceptional client service and advice. She was always attentive to my endless questions, incredibly responsive and a great support system throughout the planning process! She and her team are also so kind to work with and really have the bride and groom's best interest at heart. Hands down would recommend her services to any and all brides!

Profile Picture Sarah, 10/9/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Perfection; the first word that comes to mind! My daughter recently married Jeff, one of Barbara's handsome sons, and what a blessing he is to our family. As if marrying Jeff wasn't enough; he is the son of the most wonderful event planner there could be! My daughter got to have the wedding of her dreams due in large part to the talent, creativity, thoroughness and professionalism of Barbara and her Barb Wired staff. Throughout the planning process we found that vendors were more than happy, or preferred, to work with the Barb Wired team. This speaks volumes about the reputation they have in the Charlottesville and surrounding communities. As the wedding approached, Iris and Lauren became invaluable to us. They worked with us to create the event schedule for the weekend and once it was confirmed, we never needed to think again about logistics. We were able to truly enjoy the wedding festivities trusting that they were working tirelessly behind the scenes to make sure all went well . . . . and it did! As I said "Perfection!". The best part of it all is that Barb Lundgren is now family!

Profile Picture Sandi, 10/1/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Budget Analysis, Event Design, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Religious, Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner

One of the greatest joys in life is watching your best friend get down on one knee and ask those four words every girl dreams of hearing. What no one tells you though is how terrifying the next morning is when you realized you have to plan the biggest and most expensive celebration of your life and you have no clue where to start. Luckily for me I knew exactly who to call…my soon-to-be mother in LOVE, Barb. There are no words to describe how crucial Barb was to our special day. Not only as the mother of the groom, but as my planner, friend, and calming force. I could truly go on for hours about everything Barb and her team did for us but one of the biggest reason Barb Wired is so successful (besides their hard work, attention to detail, and just being darn amazing) is their connections within the wedding industry. Every vendor we contacted just raved about Barb and her team and everyone WANTS to work with them. We had vendors practically begging to work our wedding as a “Thank You” to Barb for all she had done for them over the years. Barb Wired is known for planning not only beautiful events, but successful events. Vendors know that when Barb is involved, the wedding and scheduling will be done right. This team of ladies made the day of our wedding flawless. They are so professional, kind, loving, and SMART. I now know why all the vendors truly do love working events with them. I always knew my future mother in law was amazing but there are no words to explain how proud her son and I are of her after seeing firsthand how amazing her business has become and how well respected she is within this industry. I am truly the luckiest bride & daughter in law ever!

Profile Picture Kelley, 10/1/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

We hired Barb and her fab team to plan our daughter's wedding. Best decision EVER. Barb helped us plan for things we would have never thought of on our own. When we made last minute add-ons to plans ...she helped us make it all come together successfully. Our friends and family have been telling us that this was the best wedding they have ever attended and I credit Barb & her team. Everything went smoothly and we all enjoyed the entire process and the special day.

Profile Picture Jackie, 9/11/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Religious, Ceremony, Reception, Event Design, Full Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals

I cannot CANNOT stress enough how essential it is to have a wedding planner. Barb and her team did everything. I oscillated between being really into wedding details and not wanting to make a single decision and they took it all in stride and created the perfect day. The wedding exceeding our expectations and as far as I know... nothing went wrong and THAT is the magic and blessing of a wedding planner like Barb! She thought of everything, I still don't feel like I fully understand the scope of what is involved in wedding planning and making the day go so perfectly simply because Barb had it all covered!

Profile Picture Meg, 9/11/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

My daughter was married in Sept 2016 and people are still raving about her wedding! Subsequent to the wedding other future MOBs have asked me "What was the key to planning such a great wedding?" I always tell them that hiring a wedding planner was the single best decision my daughter and I made as it relates to planning for such an important event. Specifically, hiring Barb Lundgren and her team enabled Meg & I to be confident that all of the planning milestones were met on time, that we had inside info about the best vendors and that the vendors would work seamlessly together. We were able to reduce the inevitable moments of stress which made the planning process even more special. Most importantly, on the day of the wedding everything ran so smoothly that the Bride, Groom, and the respective parents all enjoyed a wonderful day. Thank you again Barb & team!

Profile Picture Jackie, 9/11/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

My daughter was married last month (June 2016) and Barb Wired was the event planner hired to assist us with the wedding and reception. First, Barb was very helpful, professional and timely during the entire planning process when we had a plethora of questions and needs. She would call or skpe, whatever we needed in order to assist us. She recommended vendors, and worked diligently with us to set in place the timeline for the wedding and reception. Barb Wired coordinated all of our vendors so that they were in perfect sync with one another. On the day of the wedding, our director, Lauren, and her staff were there to make sure everything came together smoothly and went out of their way to make sure this was the wedding my daughter had envisioned. Not only did they accomplish that task, but they exceeded our expectations taking care of details we hadn't even considered. I actually had to laugh because I needed to write a check to a vendor right before the wedding and did not have a pen. I barely whispered about needing one and Lauren popped up right behind me with a pen in her hand. I still wonder how she managed to be everywhere all at once. Lauren knew exactly what needed to be done and when. She directed our large wedding party with ease and made sure everyone knew where to be and exactly what to do. There was no stress on the wedding day because if anything did go wrong, I certainly was not aware of it (which is exactly how it should be!). I cannot say enough about Barb Wired as a whole and each of these ladies individually. I would highly recommend their services to any new bride. I have no doubt you will be writing the same complimentary review!

Profile Picture Nancy, 6/18/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

We purchased the month-of coordination and it saved my life! There are just so many details when planning a wedding, many of which I wouldn't have thought about myself. Barb and her team were AMAZING and ESSENTIAL every step of the way. It's worth the price and she is reasonable compared with other similar vendors in the area. You won't regret it!!!

Profile Picture Michele, 6/11/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

"What would we have done without you, Barb?!" was what I remember repeatedly saying on our wedding day. From day 1, she and her team have been truly fantastic in helping us with our day-of-coordinating services. Barb was always available via e-mail with any questions I had, and if it was extensive, she made time to discuss over the phone.
The walk-through before the wedding day was extremely helpful, and my husband and I kept commenting - to each other - about she went over things we didn't even think about!
On the wedding day, everything went smoothly. Her team helped us set up decor, and got the bridal party and family moving along as scheduled. I couldn't be happier with Barb Wired, and Barb is an absolutely amazing lady!

Profile Picture Jessica, 6/4/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Barb has over 30 years of experience in event planning. As a native of the Charlotesville/Albermarle area, she is very familiar with the area, available venues and vendors needed for any event. She works with her clients to ensure a perfect fit in all aspects of the event. She has a well-trained support team that have the same work ethics as Barb. Her upbeat attitude and love of people results in a fun and meaningful experience for everyone involved. Barb and Barb Wired will not disappoint.

Profile Picture User6939292, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Budget Analysis, Event Design, Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Destination

Barb and her team at Barb Wired are truly amazing. I always wanted to get married in Charlottesville, and since this would be a destination wedding for us, I knew I would need a wedding planner as well. As soon as I began researching planners in the area, Barb was the first, and only, one I contacted, and I'm so glad I did. She was the best investment my husband and I could have made. She responded to my inquiry the same day, and we talked on the phone for 30-45 minutes. She was so thorough, asking questions my husband and I hadn't even considered. I immediately knew we made the right decision. For the next 10 months, Barb made herself available to me via email and phone and was always super responsive. She organized a list of recommended vendors in the area, so all we had to do was call and inquire. Every vendor we booked with was the absolute best; we honestly experienced no issues while planning this wedding. Barb had two other weddings the same day as ours, but the team we worked with, especially Carmen, was incredibly friendly, professional, and flexible. The behind-the-scenes work they did was magical. Even though Barb had other weddings to attend, she still made a surprise visit to our, truly making her the "fairy godmother" we referred to her as throughout the planning. I cannot say enough great things about Barb and her team, and I highly recommend Barb Wired to anyone seeking planning services in the Charlottesville area.

Profile Picture Ashleigh, 10/17/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Budget Analysis, Event Design, Full Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Destination, Non-Religious