Barb Wired Reviews

Barb Wired 4
Barb Wired 5
  • Ellen

Ellen Godsey Hudson · Married on 09/14/2019

Just the right amount of everything!

Barb was very responsive when we had questions. The best part I believe was the guidance (when asked) with selecting professionals to help make our daughter's wedding day all she wanted it to be.

Sent on 09/17/2019

Barb Wired's reply:

Thank you Ellen...you and yours were an absolute pleasure to work with. All of the team members raves about how much they loved you all. Congratulations!!!

Kate Hudson · Married on 09/14/2019

Great to work with!

Barb and her team are great professionals to work with. Barb is always knows what needs to be done, and stays organized and on top of everything! On the wedding day, she made sure our wedding went off perfectly! We never had to worry about logistics or who was taking care of something because she thought of everything! Cannot recommend her enough!!

Sent on 09/22/2019

Austin Wilcox · Married on 09/11/2019

Barb Wired

Barb was a great coordinator, she made everything feel very calm and collective with no stressors. Sh knows her job well and does great work!!!

Sent on 12/04/2019
  • Deidre

Deidre · Married on 06/01/2019

Amazing and best decision!

Barb and her team helped plan the most amazing and beautiful wedding for my husband and I! My whole family cannot stop talking about how wonderful Barb and her team was throughout the planning process and the wedding weekend!! When searching for a wedding planner, I read a review that said "STOP! You have found the one!" I cannot second that statement enough! Barb truly is the one, the Fairy Godmother! From our first conversation, she was very professional, fun, helpful, and excited for our wedding. I always looked forward to each of our talks as I knew she was going to calm me down, help me cross things off a to-do list, or plan a little more and she was always as excited as I was. As the wedding day came closer, she and her team helped to ensure everything was in order and we would be stress free. During the venue walkthrough, rehearsal, and wedding day, Barb and her team ensured everything ran smoothing! Our families received many compliments about how wonderfully everything went and how great Barb's team was! I could go on and on about how amazing Barb and her team is, but the bottom line is I strongly recommend Barb Wired to any bride! I am certain you will be just as happy as my husband and I!

Barb Wired 6
    Barb Wired 12
    Sent on 10/05/2019

Christina · Married on 04/27/2019

Amazing!!!

My recent wedding day was nothing short of perfect. This is mostly due to the help of Barb and her team. They took care of everything and always had great advise. Every single vendor I dealt with was exceptional and they were all hand selected by Barb. Most importantly, on the day of, Barb and her team oversaw every detail and were always anticipating our needs. They were like stealthy ninjas who always had a drink or appetizer ready and waiting right when you needed it. We never had a worry about any detail because they took care of everything! Our day wouldn't have been as amazing as it was without them!! I couldn't recommend them more highly!

Sent on 05/05/2019

Barb Wired's reply:

Thank YOU Christina! It was an honor and a pleasure to spend this time with you and your families.....Congratulations!
  • Jeannette

Jeannette Rodriguez · Married on 04/27/2019

Professional, knowledgeable, and thorough.

Being the mother of the bride and living in another state I wanted someone of her experience. Her website convinced me, had her picture, her background details of what she had to offer. Other websites didnt have a specific person which did not appeal to me. Thanks to Barb the wedding turned out beautiful!!! Several guests commented it was the nicest wedding they had been to!

Barb Wired 13
    Barb Wired 14
    Barb Wired 15
    Sent on 05/05/2019

Barb Wired's reply:

We are so happy when our families are happy and it was a joy to work with you and yours...thank you so much Jeannette!!
  • Alyssa

Alyssa · Married on 11/03/2018

Incredible

Barb is an amazing planner. She is so organized, professional, and is looking out for the best interest of her clients. We had an awful experience with a venue and had to change 2 weeks from our wedding date to a completely new place. Barb worked really hard to basically help us start from scratch. She was so flexible with all the changes that we had that were so last minute.
    On the day of the wedding, my husband and I didn't have any worries and it was perfect! Barb and Hannah were fantastic! I got so many compliments from family/friends at the wedding about how great they were. So thankful for all the hard work they both put in to make sure my husband and I had a day to remember!

Sent on 11/30/2018
  • Jackie

Jackie Mccollough · Married on 10/20/2018

Perfection Personified

We interviewed other wedding planners but Barb was our clear favorite. It takes quite a leap of faith to entrust such a major event to a stranger, but there was an immediate sense that Barb was someone we could trust. She listened to us but made informed suggestions that ended up creating a perfect day. The team members are consummate professionals: organized, sensitive, and willing to respond quickly and unobtrusively whenever curve balls seemed threatening. Barb also hooked us up with the best vendors we could have envisioned and worked incredibly well with all of them. I heartily recommend Barbed Wire without any reservations whatsoever.

Barb Wired 16
    Sent on 11/02/2018

Mary · Married on 09/02/2018

Hiring Barb and her team was the best thing I did. We have sold a house without a realtor but now I would not think of having a wedding without a planner and I would want Barb. I'm pretty organized and theoretically I could have done it but there are a myriad of details that would never have occurred to me and I would have been a crazy woman by the time the Big Day rolled around. Barb applied experience and foresight to the planning process to avoid foreseeable problems and make sure the wedding had the elements and feel we wanted. Stuff went wrong-and when you gather 200 people and try to have a momentous occasion followed by drinking and dancing--that's a lot of moving parts and one of the parts is going to have an issue. I was blissfully unaware of the glitches because Barb and her team took care of them. This is the bottom line: it was a magical day and everybody had a great time, including me, mom of the bride. That doesn't happen by accident! Thank you Barb!

Barb Wired 17
    Barb Wired 18
    Sent on 09/09/2018

Kelley · Married on 09/01/2018

Best choice we made over the year and half of wedding planning. We left another planner for Barb and her team two months until our wedding. Barb picked up the phone moments after my inquiry went in and responded at 11:00pm when I confirmed we would be proceeding with her services. You will not find a more accommodating team! BEST CHOICE YOU WILL MAKE!

Sent on 09/12/2018

Kristin · Married on 11/17/2017

Barb and her team are absolutely amazing! Barb was extremely helpful throughout the entire process and kept me calm! On my wedding day her team was on top of everything! They made sure everything ran smoothly and I didn't have to worry about a thing!

Sent on 01/29/2018

Barb Wired's reply:

Thank you Kristin! You and your Hubby are the best and we enjoyed your wedding from start to finish. We wish you every happiness!

Jocelyn · Married on 10/22/2017

Barb, Iris, and their team were fantastic in handling our big (~ 150 guest) event. It was important for us to understand that they were great about suggesting vendors, and very focused on our wedding day, but we needed to be prepared to make a lot of the decisions in between. This balance was sensible and important.

On the wedding day, the team took care of innumerable details that we never could have juggled. The guests have, since the wedding, have marveled at all of the little things that fell into place. We know that wouldn't have been true without Barb Wired.

It meant a lot to us that the whole team was so positive, professional, and supportive on the big day.

Sent on 11/11/2017

Sasha · Married on 10/14/2017

I can't compliment Barb and her team enough. Talk about a fabulous, fantastic, better-than-you-could-ever-imagine day. It was all because of her team and their effort to make the day perfect. I strongly recommend her to any bride. I went with the wedding planning and coordinating package, and I am very very glad that I did.

Sent on 10/26/2017

Gregory · Married on 10/08/2017

Barb gave us a great first impression with her transparency, helpfulness, interest in getting to know us, and a planning package with a price point that worked for us. We felt confident in her knowledge of Charlottesville-area weddings and all the vendors we met throughout the process gushed about Barb and her team, so we knew we were in good hands. She was very responsive to all our questions and issues, especially in the beginning and end of the process when there was a lot going on. Every time we spoke, we felt assured that things were on track. Barb was so helpful in her recommendations that we never felt overwhelmed or stressed. We were able to work in our own ideas, with Barb helping us figure out the best way to do so based on all of her experience. During our venue walkthrough, rehearsal, and wedding day itself, Barb and her team ran everything so smoothly - we really were able to just enjoy ourselves and it meant a lot to just spend time with our guests, eat, and dance, and not worry about anything else! They handled a troubling weather forecast with smiles and ease and included so many thoughtful details that made the day really special. It's a true testament to a good team when you feel like you're the only couple they are helping. Would highly recommend BarbWired for your planning needs!

Sent on 10/31/2017

Maria · Married on 10/01/2017

Barb & her team are simply fabulous! From providing us vendor recommendations and overall wedding tips to seamlessly helping to execute the big day -- they are on top of it all! On the day of our wedding, having the Barb Wired team managing the timeline, set up, (literally every detail big & small) was priceless peace of mind. They were behind the scenes heroes -- quietly overseeing everything and making sure we, and our guests, had everything we need. Not to mention they are the most lovely people. We can't thank you enough, Barb & team!

Sent on 10/12/2017

Susan · Married on 09/23/2017

Barb was unbelievable, professional, and knowledgeable. My daughter's wedding day could not have been more perfect and we could not have done it without her!

Sent on 10/14/2017

Cheryl · Married on 07/29/2017

Barb and Lauren are amazing! They pay attention to every detail, they respond quickly and are very professional. The day of the wedding they didn't miss a beat. Everything ran smoothly and on time. I'm so glad I had them there to help run the day so my husband and I could enjoy it with our guests, and we did. I highly recommend them to anyone!!!

Sent on 11/08/2017

Liz · Married on 06/17/2017

The Barb Wire team was wonderful to work with! From helping us to organize our day and making sure we thought of every detail, to connecting us with vendors that both fit our budget and were the perfect addition to our wedding- the Barb Wire team was our essential partner during the planning process. On the day of our wedding, the team made sure that everything ran smoothly, and ensured that our vision came to life- but with absolutely no stress for us! I cannot imagine going through the planning process, or the wedding day, without Barb and her team keeping everything on track. I definitely recommend them for your special day!

Sent on 02/17/2018

Nate · Married on 06/17/2017

Barb and her team TRULY care about their clients, and it shows in everything they do!! They certainly go above and beyond to ensure their couples have the weddings of their dreams. We have worked with them many times over the years....everything always looks incredible, is on schedule, and is always handled with class. Lots of happy couples!! Highly recommend. Nate/Photo Booth of Charlottesville

Sent on 03/01/2018

Clare · Married on 05/06/2017

Barb and Kimberle were our "day-of" coordinators, and were absolutely a joy to work with! We had a large wedding (over 300 on guest list), with all kinds of complicating factors (transportation from Chapel to vineyard for reception, outdoor reception, rain in forecast, many vendors, etc.). Barb and Kimberle were so helpful all throughout the planning process, meeting with us over the phone and at our reception site, to ensure that every single detail was perfect. They are so experienced and knowledgable, that we didn't worry about a thing during the days leading up to the wedding. There were all sorts of issues that came up with our reception venue, from food to transportation, and Barb and Kimberle handled it all so that we didn't sweat any of the details. Kimberle was our on-site coordinator the day of our wedding, and had everything planned and executed to perfection. She was a very calming influence, because not only could we SEE that everything was handled, but we KNEW that Kimberly had predicted and taken care of anything that had or would come up. Barb Wired was the best investment we made in our wedding, and we couldn't recommend them more!

Sent on 09/10/2017

Mary · Married on 05/05/2017

Barb Wired has worked with the Alzheimer's Association Central and Western Virginia on our annual golf tournament and gala for 3 years. Barb and her team are experts at making events go smoothly. They are great communicators before, during and after the event. The Barb Wired team is experienced and professional and our golf tournament and gala would not be successful fundraising events without them. When my daughters are ready to get married, I'm calling Barb Wired!

Sent on 12/16/2016

j · Married on 12/16/2016

STUPENDOUS!!! Barb Wired will exceed your expectations and take the burden of coordinating your event off of you and your loved ones shoulders! She is connected to all of the most OUTSTANDING caterers, musicians, etc. and will save you hours of investigating or looking around. Her team is awesome and I can not say enough positive comments!!!

Sent on 12/23/2016

Lorna · Married on 10/15/2016

In preparing to plan my daughter's wedding I knew we needed and wanted a wedding planner. There were so many things that Barb., Iris and their team just took care of that it was so worth the money. In the beginning it was about finding the best vendors, Barb Wired did all the recommending and we used so many of their suggestions. They always looked out for us, our budget and the bride and groom's preferences.
    The Barb Wired team were so responsive throughout the year long planning process and as the date drew near I always felt we were their priority even though I knew they were servicing other clients. The day of was all about the bride and ensuring it was flawless. We all know nothing is flawless, but any issues were handled with calm and professionalism. "We will take care of that." was the phrase of the day. I have great respect for Barb Lundgren and her team at Barb Wired and would highly recommend them for anyone considering wedding planners.

Sent on 10/22/2016

Catherine · Married on 10/15/2016

I could not have imagined a more perfect day than the one that Patrick and I got hitched on, thanks largely to the Barb Wired crew! Barb and Iris were so understanding, helpful, and caring throughout our entire planning process, and they guided us towards the most amazing vendors to make the day even more perfect. I can't imagine having gone through the planning process without them. On the day of, I had no stress. They took care of anything and everything that inevitably pops up on a wedding day without any indication of anything going "wrong". I love the Barb Wired crew and wouldn't dream of recommending any other team for wedding planning!

Sent on 12/11/2016

Sarah · Married on 10/09/2016

Barb and her team were integral to making my wedding vision a reality! From vendor recommendations and coordination to scheduling and management of the day-of operations, Barb offers exceptional client service and advice. She was always attentive to my endless questions, incredibly responsive and a great support system throughout the planning process! She and her team are also so kind to work with and really have the bride and groom's best interest at heart. Hands down would recommend her services to any and all brides!

Sent on 12/12/2016