Barb Wired Reviews

113 | Charlottesville, VA

113 Reviews for Barb Wired

• Leanne

Leanne H. · Getting married on 06/04/2021

Outstanding service and support!

I cannot say enough positive things about Barbara Lundgren with BarbWired. As the mother of the bride, I was lost in planning a wedding and Barb made the whole experience so easy! She has so many valuable contacts in the industry and was able to connect my daughter and I to the very best. She checked in regularly and was so responsive in answering every question. Adding to her load, we recently realized we have to reschedule because the groom will be on assignment for 3 months, so Barb has assisted us with contacting all vendors and retaining deposits toward a future date. We look forward to our continued relationship with her and plan to use her for our two other daughters when it is time to plan their weddings. She is simply the best in the business!

Sent on 12/18/2019

Barb Wired's reply:

It has been a pleasure to work with you and yours and look forward to pulling the dream team together for you again for the future date. Thank you for your kindness!

Donna G. · Married on 04/01/2020

Personable, Organized, Professional

Working with Barbara and her team was a dream come true! At our first meeting, Barbara listened to our daughter's vision for her wedding, took many notes, and then helped us make it happen. She was quick to respond to our many questions, had creative ideas, but also respected our choices. Living abroad and planning a wedding is not an easy task, but Barbara's attention to detail and experience made our daughter's wedding day a beautiful day to remember! Easy to work alongside, her team is professional and personable. We highly recommend Barbara and her team!

Sent on 01/12/2020

Barb Wired's reply:

Thank you Donna and family! Working with you and yours was an awesome experience and we enjoyed every minute. Congratulations to all!

Tish V. · Married on 01/07/2020

Great Wedding Team

I have worked with Barb Wired on many occasions, as well as attended an event that she coordinated. In both instances, she was professional, cooperative, very detailed oriented and a pleasure to work with.

Sent on 12/17/2019

Barb Wired's reply:

Thank you Tish.....it is a pleasure to work with you and your team as well and we look forward to many more!
  • Stephany

Stephany · Married on 10/12/2019

Barb and her crew made our day run so smoothly!

Barb's knowledge of different vendors in the area helped our decision making immensely. I'm not a decisive person and working with her on the details helped out a lot. Barb's team the day of the rehearsal and our wedding kept everything going smoothly. We could not have pulled our beautiful wedding off without her! Her service is definitely worth the value.

Sent on 01/27/2020

Barb Wired's reply:

Thank you Stephany...we so enjoyed being a part of your wedding day. Congratulations to you and yours and best wishes for a many more memorable years ahead!
  • Taylor

Taylor D. · Married on 09/27/2019

Barb is the best!

My now-husband proposed in December of 2018, and we knew we wanted to get married within a year. We decided on September 27th, 2019. With a relatively short timeline, it was important to us to have professional guidance throughout the planning process. We could not have made a better choice than Barb Wired.

Barb assisted us at every step of the planning process. My husband is Persian, and Barb helped us to seamlessly coordinate two separate ceremonies – an Episcopalian ceremony and a traditional Persian Sofreh Aghd. She also helped us find a beautiful location for the ceremonies and reception, suggested an incredible caterer with a talented chef, secured transportation and accommodations for our guests, and coordinated the timeline for the day with our many other vendors – just to provide a few examples.

Having attended very few weddings ourselves, we were unsure of what to expect. Barb provided us with suggestions and feedback based on her previous experience but respected our decision if we chose to go in a different direction. Once my husband and I had agreed on our vision for the wedding, she worked hard with the other vendors to make it happen. She was quick to respond to every call and email, regardless of the day and time. It was such a comfort to know that we could come to her with any question or complication, and she would look for a solution with positivity and enthusiasm. She really treated us like family.

On the day of the wedding, Barb brought a support team to help make sure everything went smoothly. We felt confident that they would be able to handle any issues we encountered. We are so grateful for the care and attention with which the Barb Wired team oversaw our wedding. It was a beautiful day, and everything went according to the plan. We are so glad we chose to work with this team, and we highly recommend them.

Sent on 12/15/2019

Barb Wired's reply:

Thank you so very much Taylor and Payam. I will always have fond memories of your wedding day and your sweet smiles not only on your wedding day, but throughout our entire planning time together. Congratulations!
  • Ellen

Ellen G. · Married on 09/14/2019

Just the right amount of everything!

Barb was very responsive when we had questions. The best part I believe was the guidance (when asked) with selecting professionals to help make our daughter's wedding day all she wanted it to be.

Sent on 09/17/2019

Barb Wired's reply:

Thank you Ellen...you and yours were an absolute pleasure to work with. All of the team members raves about how much they loved you all. Congratulations!!!

Kate H. · Married on 09/14/2019

Great to work with!

Barb and her team are great professionals to work with. Barb is always knows what needs to be done, and stays organized and on top of everything! On the wedding day, she made sure our wedding went off perfectly! We never had to worry about logistics or who was taking care of something because she thought of everything! Cannot recommend her enough!!

Sent on 09/22/2019

Austin W. · Married on 09/11/2019

Barb Wired

Barb was a great coordinator, she made everything feel very calm and collective with no stressors. Sh knows her job well and does great work!!!

Sent on 12/04/2019
  • Michaela

Michaela D. · Married on 09/11/2019

Excellent Service

Barb Wired is the top of the line and an unbelievably professional team. They ensured the most hectic day of our lives was seamless and stress free. The teamwork throughout the staff and ourselves was greatly appreciated and what I believe every business needs to strive for, & they’ve got it down to a T. Thank y’all so much and we are forever grateful!

Sent on 12/29/2019
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 09/01/2019

Keeps the Wedding Day running smooth!

Working with Barb Wired helps me serve my clients so much better as their wedding photographer. The Barb Wired team keeps things running smoothly, on time, and handles any unexpected obstacles with grace that any couple would appreciate. I highly recommend their Wedding Planning services to all couples. Hiring a wedding planner, especially Barb Wired is a must!

Sent on 12/30/2019
  • Deidre

Deidre · Married on 06/01/2019

Amazing and best decision!

Barb and her team helped plan the most amazing and beautiful wedding for my husband and I! My whole family cannot stop talking about how wonderful Barb and her team was throughout the planning process and the wedding weekend!! When searching for a wedding planner, I read a review that said "STOP! You have found the one!" I cannot second that statement enough! Barb truly is the one, the Fairy Godmother! From our first conversation, she was very professional, fun, helpful, and excited for our wedding. I always looked forward to each of our talks as I knew she was going to calm me down, help me cross things off a to-do list, or plan a little more and she was always as excited as I was. As the wedding day came closer, she and her team helped to ensure everything was in order and we would be stress free. During the venue walkthrough, rehearsal, and wedding day, Barb and her team ensured everything ran smoothing! Our families received many compliments about how wonderfully everything went and how great Barb's team was! I could go on and on about how amazing Barb and her team is, but the bottom line is I strongly recommend Barb Wired to any bride! I am certain you will be just as happy as my husband and I!

Sent on 10/05/2019

Christina · Married on 04/27/2019

Amazing!!!

My recent wedding day was nothing short of perfect. This is mostly due to the help of Barb and her team. They took care of everything and always had great advise. Every single vendor I dealt with was exceptional and they were all hand selected by Barb. Most importantly, on the day of, Barb and her team oversaw every detail and were always anticipating our needs. They were like stealthy ninjas who always had a drink or appetizer ready and waiting right when you needed it. We never had a worry about any detail because they took care of everything! Our day wouldn't have been as amazing as it was without them!! I couldn't recommend them more highly!

Sent on 05/05/2019

Barb Wired's reply:

Thank YOU Christina! It was an honor and a pleasure to spend this time with you and your families.....Congratulations!
  • Jeannette

Jeannette R. · Married on 04/27/2019

Professional, knowledgeable, and thorough.

Being the mother of the bride and living in another state I wanted someone of her experience. Her website convinced me, had her picture, her background details of what she had to offer. Other websites didnt have a specific person which did not appeal to me. Thanks to Barb the wedding turned out beautiful!!! Several guests commented it was the nicest wedding they had been to!

Sent on 05/05/2019

Barb Wired's reply:

We are so happy when our families are happy and it was a joy to work with you and yours...thank you so much Jeannette!!

Dorla S. · Married on 01/06/2019

Best Planner in Charlottesville

On June 1, 2019, my daughter Deidre Smith and Eric Wilson had a magnificent wedding and this would not have happened without Barb Wired.

When we began planning the wedding Deidre came to me and said she wanted Barb Wired as her wedding planner, she had done her research of other wedding planners in Charlottesville. I thought what can a Barb Wired do that I can't do, well let me tell you - EVERYTHING. I've had so many friends who did not use a wedding planner and the horror stories of problems with the vendors, mother/daughter arguments, etc were countless. Well thanks to Barb Wired, I had none of that as she handled everything and I had the pleasure to enjoy and experience every aspect of the whole wedding journey. What a fun and beautiful journey it was!!!

Then we get to the wedding day and what a magical day! Everything went off without a glitch, oh, except Eric forgot his letter - not a problem for Barb. She took charge; she sent someone to the hotel to pick up the letter, rearranged the photos and away we went - down the aisle on time.

To the reception we go, everything was perfect from start to finish! I have and will continue to highly recommend Barb Wired as the Best Wedding Planner in Charlottesville, VA.

Dorla L. Smith
    Mother of the Bride

Sent on 12/29/2019
  • Alyssa

Alyssa · Married on 11/03/2018

Incredible

Barb is an amazing planner. She is so organized, professional, and is looking out for the best interest of her clients. We had an awful experience with a venue and had to change 2 weeks from our wedding date to a completely new place. Barb worked really hard to basically help us start from scratch. She was so flexible with all the changes that we had that were so last minute.
    On the day of the wedding, my husband and I didn't have any worries and it was perfect! Barb and Hannah were fantastic! I got so many compliments from family/friends at the wedding about how great they were. So thankful for all the hard work they both put in to make sure my husband and I had a day to remember!

Sent on 11/30/2018
  • Jackie

Jackie M. · Married on 10/20/2018

Perfection Personified

We interviewed other wedding planners but Barb was our clear favorite. It takes quite a leap of faith to entrust such a major event to a stranger, but there was an immediate sense that Barb was someone we could trust. She listened to us but made informed suggestions that ended up creating a perfect day. The team members are consummate professionals: organized, sensitive, and willing to respond quickly and unobtrusively whenever curve balls seemed threatening. Barb also hooked us up with the best vendors we could have envisioned and worked incredibly well with all of them. I heartily recommend Barbed Wire without any reservations whatsoever.

Sent on 11/02/2018

Mary · Married on 09/02/2018

Hiring Barb and her team was the best thing I did. We have sold a house without a realtor but now I would not think of having a wedding without a planner and I would want Barb. I'm pretty organized and theoretically I could have done it but there are a myriad of details that would never have occurred to me and I would have been a crazy woman by the time the Big Day rolled around. Barb applied experience and foresight to the planning process to avoid foreseeable problems and make sure the wedding had the elements and feel we wanted. Stuff went wrong-and when you gather 200 people and try to have a momentous occasion followed by drinking and dancing--that's a lot of moving parts and one of the parts is going to have an issue. I was blissfully unaware of the glitches because Barb and her team took care of them. This is the bottom line: it was a magical day and everybody had a great time, including me, mom of the bride. That doesn't happen by accident! Thank you Barb!

Sent on 09/09/2018

Kelley · Married on 09/01/2018

Best choice we made over the year and half of wedding planning. We left another planner for Barb and her team two months until our wedding. Barb picked up the phone moments after my inquiry went in and responded at 11:00pm when I confirmed we would be proceeding with her services. You will not find a more accommodating team! BEST CHOICE YOU WILL MAKE!

Sent on 09/12/2018

Kristin · Married on 11/17/2017

Barb and her team are absolutely amazing! Barb was extremely helpful throughout the entire process and kept me calm! On my wedding day her team was on top of everything! They made sure everything ran smoothly and I didn't have to worry about a thing!

Sent on 01/29/2018

Barb Wired's reply:

Thank you Kristin! You and your Hubby are the best and we enjoyed your wedding from start to finish. We wish you every happiness!

Jocelyn · Married on 10/22/2017

Barb, Iris, and their team were fantastic in handling our big (~ 150 guest) event. It was important for us to understand that they were great about suggesting vendors, and very focused on our wedding day, but we needed to be prepared to make a lot of the decisions in between. This balance was sensible and important.

On the wedding day, the team took care of innumerable details that we never could have juggled. The guests have, since the wedding, have marveled at all of the little things that fell into place. We know that wouldn't have been true without Barb Wired.

It meant a lot to us that the whole team was so positive, professional, and supportive on the big day.

Sent on 11/11/2017

Sasha · Married on 10/14/2017

I can't compliment Barb and her team enough. Talk about a fabulous, fantastic, better-than-you-could-ever-imagine day. It was all because of her team and their effort to make the day perfect. I strongly recommend her to any bride. I went with the wedding planning and coordinating package, and I am very very glad that I did.

Sent on 10/26/2017

Gregory · Married on 10/08/2017

Barb gave us a great first impression with her transparency, helpfulness, interest in getting to know us, and a planning package with a price point that worked for us. We felt confident in her knowledge of Charlottesville-area weddings and all the vendors we met throughout the process gushed about Barb and her team, so we knew we were in good hands. She was very responsive to all our questions and issues, especially in the beginning and end of the process when there was a lot going on. Every time we spoke, we felt assured that things were on track. Barb was so helpful in her recommendations that we never felt overwhelmed or stressed. We were able to work in our own ideas, with Barb helping us figure out the best way to do so based on all of her experience. During our venue walkthrough, rehearsal, and wedding day itself, Barb and her team ran everything so smoothly - we really were able to just enjoy ourselves and it meant a lot to just spend time with our guests, eat, and dance, and not worry about anything else! They handled a troubling weather forecast with smiles and ease and included so many thoughtful details that made the day really special. It's a true testament to a good team when you feel like you're the only couple they are helping. Would highly recommend BarbWired for your planning needs!

Sent on 10/31/2017

Maria · Married on 10/01/2017

Barb & her team are simply fabulous! From providing us vendor recommendations and overall wedding tips to seamlessly helping to execute the big day -- they are on top of it all! On the day of our wedding, having the Barb Wired team managing the timeline, set up, (literally every detail big & small) was priceless peace of mind. They were behind the scenes heroes -- quietly overseeing everything and making sure we, and our guests, had everything we need. Not to mention they are the most lovely people. We can't thank you enough, Barb & team!

Sent on 10/12/2017

Susan · Married on 09/23/2017

Barb was unbelievable, professional, and knowledgeable. My daughter's wedding day could not have been more perfect and we could not have done it without her!

Sent on 10/14/2017

Cheryl · Married on 07/29/2017

Barb and Lauren are amazing! They pay attention to every detail, they respond quickly and are very professional. The day of the wedding they didn't miss a beat. Everything ran smoothly and on time. I'm so glad I had them there to help run the day so my husband and I could enjoy it with our guests, and we did. I highly recommend them to anyone!!!

Sent on 11/08/2017