46 Reviews for Bar Harbor Inn

Flatware (1)
Glassware (1)
Parking (1)
46 Bar Harbor Inn Reviews

Outstanding wedding! I could not have asked for more. BHI provides a highly trained staff to put you at ease from the moment you choose the venue until you say "I do." They met every need - from making sure we stayed on schedule to helping grandma find the restroom. They are all about the details. A+

Profile Picture Lourdes, 6/1/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Jessica and Jasmine were fantastic! We had a fairy tale wedding with perfect weather at the end of September. Completely worth having an afternoon wedding for the views of Bar Harbor!

Profile Picture Rachel , 9/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

We would absolutely recommend holding your wedding and reception at the Bar Harbor Inn! The staff at the Bar Harbor Inn were incredible in their responsiveness and professionalism, and made us feel entirely comfortable with our big day plans. They walked us through every detail for planning the ceremony and reception, and handled the day-of with aplomb. The service during the reception was spot-on. Many guests commented that the food was as delicious as the waiters were friendly! You can't get more beautiful than the sea view from the Inn, and the free hot cocoa by the woodstove doesn't hurt!

Profile Picture Eliza, 10/9/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

I highly recommend this vendor!!! The location of the Bar Harbor Inn is absolutely amazing! Our pictures turned out so beautiful. Our wedding coordinator was super easy to work with and was very accommodating. She was very helpful and made our wedding dreams come true. Our decorations turned out so lovely. The food was also amazing as well as our wedding cake. Do not hesitate to book this vendor:)

Profile Picture Krystle, 7/31/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Uncovered Outdoor, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Chair Covers, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Accommodations, Cake, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Set Up

I chose the Bar Harbor Inn as the place to host my wedding ceremony and reception - and I couldn't be more happy about the decision! The location and staff made the whole experience magical for not only me and my now husband but for all the guests who attended. The wedding coordinators Jasmine and Nicole are outstanding. They were professional, detailed, and helped the entire weddIng go without a hitch! They were calm and helped me be calm - I didn't worry about a thing - I got to focus on getting married while they focused on all the coordination and vendors. The hotel staff were kind and courteous. The rooms were beautiful and have spetaculare views. The food at the reception was really good - not your typical tasteless mass produced food - each dish was great - and even our Vegan guests had a great meal! Thank you Bar Harbor Inn for creating these memories!

Profile Picture Mara, 7/8/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

We had a perfect clam bake rehearsal dinner and wedding in the Porcupine Room at this fabulous Inn
The planners handled everything expertly. The staff and service was top notch. The location and views are second to none. Anyone picking a Maine venue would do very well to chose the Bar Harbor Inn!

Profile Picture Susan, 5/21/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Amazing! That is the best word to describe their contribution to our big day. I was married here last week, and Nicole and Liane were truly amazing. Without them, I don't know what I would do. I had a small wedding with about 23 people total. We booked the Porcupine Room and had our ceremony on the lawn. It was so affordable (for a wedding) to book this room. The service was fantastic, the hotel and its grounds are beautiful, and my wedding day was truly hassle-free thanks to Nicole and Liane. I seriously can't give them enough credit. I can't wait to come back and visit. We're already planning a 2-year anniversary here!

Profile Picture Damara, 9/19/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

A year ago we visited the Bar Harbor Inn and Spa based on its beauty and reviews to see if it was the location for our daughter's wedding. After meeting with Nicole and having a wonderful tasting, we decided this was the place for us. From that moment we placed our hope in the Inn and Spa's capable hands.

As the year wore on and questions arose, Nicole was constantly available and quick to respond in kind, reassuring tones. When my daughter voiced a concern about a vendor, Nicole contacted the vendor and called back within minutes.

The day came, a brilliant September sunny and 74 degrees in this glorious setting. Leanne guided the day's proceedings effortlessly, appearing quietly at all the right moments to add her touches to the reception. Our party was merely 24 people, so the reception was held in the Porcupine Room with its private balcony and scenic views. The lobster, steak, and lamb chops were excellent, and the soup bar (lobster bisque and clam chowder) was an enormous hit. From the vows to the sunset to the cutting of the cake, we could not have imagined anything better.

Thank you to Nicole and Leanne for making an emotional day a day without worry. Also, thank you to Augie and Jobert for taking care of all our needs in the Porcupine Room.

Sincerely,

John and Debbie H.
Canton, Ohio

Profile Picture John, 9/12/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Chairs, Accommodations, Cake, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Linens

The Bar Harbor Inn is the perfect location for a wedding. We had the most amazing time, as did our guests who also stayed at the Inn. The staff is amazing, Nicole and Leanne were super helpful and accommodating. The staff at the spa was wonderful as well. The food was better than we could have imagined, and the wait staff was wonderful, we truly felt special.

Profile Picture User5503054, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations, Cake, Event Planning, Chairs, Linens

Everyone at the Inn was a pleasure to work with and very accommodating. All of the guests commented on what a wonderful location the Inn had and great food the Inn provided. The wedding coordinators were easy to work with responsive to our requests. The Bar Harbor Inn is a wonderful spot for a perfect wedding.

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 8/31/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Our wedding at Bar Harbor Inn was even more beautiful than I could have imagined. Nicole and Kelley were incredibly organized, detailed-oriented, and unbelievably amazing. The venue was gorgeous both for the ceremony and the reception. Our guests loved the food--we did the hor d’oeuvres reception. We asked for special details on the cake (flowers/cake pull charms) and it turned out EXACTLY how we requested. Overall, our guests had an amazing time and we could not have been happier with the entire event. We highly recommend the Bar Harbor Inn for a wedding venue. We can't wait to return for our anniversary next year!

Profile Picture Lynsey, 8/23/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Bar Harbor Inn provided us with a fairy tale wedding! Wedding coordinator, Nicole Wallace, assisted us with the plans for a perfect wedding during the year leading up to the date. She is a gem! She was by our side during the year prior to the wedding and the day of. She is reliable, professional and took pride in making sure our day was perfect. We were married outside the inn overlooking the harbor on the most beautiful summer day. Our reception was held in the Porcupine Room which had the most beautiful balcony overlooking the harbor and islands. The food appetizers, food and drinks were outstanding. Our guests commented it was the most beautiful, special wedding they ever attended. I highly recommend this location to anyone planning their wedding. You are guaranteed a beautiful event. Many thanks to Nicole and the Bar Harbor Inn for memories that will last a lifetime!

Profile Picture Judy, 8/9/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding was just perfect! Everyone was so experienced and professional which allowed for us to have complete comfort in trusting them with all the details of our wedding. Everyone was also graciously accommodating. Overall just a very happy, pleasant experience!

Profile Picture User4363437, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

The Bar Harbor Inn was incredible for my wedding. They were extremely organized, easy to work with, and were able to cater to every request I had. Nicole and Kelley were very helpful and on top of things. I would recommend the BHI to anyone!

Profile Picture Katie, 6/21/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I WOULD RECOMMEND THE BAR INN FOR A WEDDING, MY DAUGHTERS WEDDING WAS EVERYTHING WE COULD HAVE HOPED FOR. THE READING ROOM WAS SPOTLESS AND NICOLE OUR PLANNER MADE SURE THAT EVERYTHING WENT OFF W/O A HTCH THE ENTIRE DAY. ATHOUGH WE HAD HOPED TO BE OUTSIDE FOR THE SERVICE RAIN CHANGED OUR PLANS AND THE STAFF AT THE INN TRANSFORMED THE READING ROOM INTO A WARM BEAUTIFUL SITE FOR OUR SERVICE. OUR GUESTS LOVED THEIR ROOMS AND HAD FUN WALKING INTO TOWN TO SEE THE SIGHTS. I LOOKED AT AND MET WITH A NUMBER OF RESORTS ON THE COAST OF MAINE BEFORE DECIDING ON THE BAR HARBOR INN. I CAN HONESTLY SAY IN I MADE THE RIGHT CHOICE. THE BAR HARBOR INN PROVIDED MY DAUGHTER THE WEDDING OF HER DREAMS. THE FOOD, THE STAFF, THE VENUE AND MOST IMPORTANTLY NICOLE WALLACE AND HER STAFF WERE EXCEPTIONAL.

Profile Picture CYNTHIA, 5/17/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Everyone at the Bar Harbor Inn did an outstanding job in the planning and production of our wedding. From initial contact right through brunch the morning after our event everything was perfect! They also were more than helpful in recommending local vendors including florists, musicians and photographers. All in all a great time and we are thankful to have had such a great group of people to work with. And of course, the location is stunning!

Profile Picture Brian, 5/17/14, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

We celebrated our wedding at the BHI this May. We had really great time there. Nicole, Melissa and Kelley, the Bar Harbor Inn wedding planners, know their job well and helped us to plan and facilitate the wedding. It got a little confusing as Melissa got promoted out of the planning services while we were planning, and Kelley came on near the wedding date, but they were very organized and professional, so we hardly noticed the staff change. Their advice on vendors and timelines were invaluable! We were planning our wedding for about a year and they helped us set up a food and cake tasting at the reading room restaurant and recommended local vendors who were already familiar with the venue. We were going to do an outdoor ceremony until the rain ruined that plan, but they had the Porcupine room available, which they were able to get set up quite quickly and was really quite beautiful for our ceremony. Nicole and Kelley were there for pretty much the whole time making sure that everything that needed to happen happened. It went so smooth; we were relaxed and happy the whole wedding day and really got to enjoy ourselves without the stress! The food was great, the venue is beautiful, and the staff were very friendly and professional. Highly recommend Bar Harbor Inn for any wedding!

Profile Picture Daniel, 5/10/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

Contact person, Nicole, was absolutely wonderful. She made the process of wedding planning go smoothly by giving us direction, advice and options with the utmost professionalism. We definitely would recommend Bar Harbor Inn for any venue.

Profile Picture Paula, 9/14/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Nicole and Melissa were incredible. Planning my daughter's wedding from a distance with busy schedules (both daughter and son-in-law are teachers) had some challenges, but Nicole and Melissa were always responsive to emails and phone calls working out all the details with flexibility and efficiency. Though it rained the day of the wedding, they moved the wedding into an alternative setting with ease, and in the end was perfect.... intimate and sacred. I would highly recommend Bar Harbor Inn and Nicole and Melissa for your wedding venue.

Profile Picture User3432177, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We loved getting married in one of the most beautiful locations in Maine (most beautiful we would say). All of our guests enjoyed the food, and the wedding planners and the servers were professional and fun.

Profile Picture User3431055, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had a wonderful experience with the Bar Harbor Inn for our wedding! Melissa and Nichole were attentive to each and every detail and made the wedding planning process a breeze! Both Melissa and Nichole were always accessible via phone or email. They provided a wonderful list of local services for us to utilize and we found a wonderful ceremony musician, officiant and florist based on their recommendations. I also came with a very specific plan and a fair amount of decorations for our reception and our room was set up even better than we imagined! Every individual detail was given their utmost attention and we had an absolutely magical day! Thanks so much for helping us with the best day of our lives!!

Profile Picture Amanda, 8/4/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, Flowers, Officiant, Wedding Cake

The Bar Harbor Inn Event Coordinator and Group Sales Manager made our wedding a perfect day and evening for us all. Both were responsive to questions and inspired confidence. They helped with our wedding rehearsal, ceremony, and dinner reception. They provided help for a handicapped guest all weekend, led us to lists of area hotels for our guests, to our excellent photographer, Joanna Thyer, and our excellent florist, Cottage Flowers. So far, we haven't received all the pictures from our photographer, but the link she already shared as a special favor on short notice displays photos beyond excellent. Our florist contacted me all year to make sure she was preparing what I wanted. The flowers, including the decoration of the arch, the vases on the tables, the flower girl's basket, the bouquet, and the boutonnière were all perfect! The cake was exactly as we'd expected, based on a picture of the Inn's website, and the food was presented beautifully. Guests were very impressed with the food. The wedding gown was steam-pressed, then presented in my hotel room in such an expertly artistic way that our photographer took more pictures of it than I could count that morning. I took many myself. Seeing that dress spread out and perfectly pressed truly got me into the mood for the magical feeling of the entire weekend. A special thank you goes to this woman! The Spa at the Bar Harbor Inn was a mix of fun and beautiful work for us. I loved the hot stone massage! Unfortunately, a difficult relative was involved, but the professionalism shown by the staff during an unfortunate temper tantrum was very impressive. It was convenient to have the hair and make-up person come to my room right before the ceremony. The only discomfort was that the reception room "air conditioning" really did not make the room cool, but going out onto the deck was a wonderful option once the sun went down. We have already highly recommend the Bar Harbor Inn to others!

Profile Picture Beth, 8/4/12, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Officiant, Photography, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

If ever a place was able to make the whole day better; it is the Bar Harbor Inn. The food and drinks, the amazing service, and the breathtaking views; the Bar Harbor Inn has it all.
The selections available for the menu are delicious, from the cheese table to the filet and Maine lobster tail. Everything is presented beautifully at a reasonable price.The Inn also has the cake included. Ours had the lace patterns from my brides dress. Nicole helped us design a signature drink also.
Nicole was there for us throughout the year answering all questions. Then Melissa took over and assisted in the day running smoothly. The wait staff was courteous and attentive. The wedding party had their hair and make-up at the spa. Each lady looked amazing!
We had our rehearsal dinner in the Porcupine Room. A beautiful location for such an event. Sunset is stunning from the deck. The high point (at least for me) was the cake. My wife a Redskin cake (my favorite team.)
Finally, the feeling you get having your day at the Bar Harbor Inn makes everything relaxed, happy, calm and beautiful. We decided to have our reception at the Inn, while on vacation. We were having breakfast in the Reading Room and saw them setting up for a ceremony. We then decided to speak to Nicole. We are from Long Island, a wedding in Bar Harbor would force a destination wedding. We met before our 9 hour drive home. Nicole explained everything offered and answered all questions. Afterwards. we were excited to have the reception at the Inn. We left the calm, excited and happy to have it in Bar Harbor.
I would recommend the Inn to everyone. I would write a book here if I could. We love the Inn and are so very thankful. They made our day the most beautiful, joyous event in our lives. Thank you!!!!

Profile Picture Damian, 7/14/12, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Nicole and the staff at the Bar Harbor Inn made our day everything we ever dreamed of. The staff did not miss a detail. I planned my wedding from 700 miles away and it was exactly what we wanted. Nicole was wonderful. The staff was wonderful and helped immediately with everything. I have nothing bad to say. Thank you to the Bar Harbor Inn for making my wedding day wonderful.

Profile Picture Meralea, 6/23/12, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Officiant, Photography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning