Bad Boss Bride Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner

• Hollie
    Hollie E. Married on 08/28/2022

Bad Boss Bride - 5 Impeccable Stars

Bad Boss Bride planned and executed our wedding exceptionally well. Rachael, Mike, Taylor and their entire team made our special day feel like magic. I did not have to worry about anything and felt totally supported from beginning to end. We planned our wedding in under 4 months in my parent’s backyard, and from the beginning, Rachael and Taylor made excellent suggestions for invitations and vendors - photography, tent rental, catering, babysitters and florals - to match our personalities, style and at home venue. My husband builds out Sprinter vans and Rachael even suggested a vintage VW Bus for guest photos - which everyone loved! BBB also designed and set up our rehearsal dinner so beautifully with beautiful candles, tablecloths and lights. I forgot to bring the vegan cupcakes for my cousins and friends, and Rachael and Mike went back to my house while the event was occurring to pick them up! What amazing support and service. We were especially thrilled with Paloma’s work on the flowers (@djunavine) and would never have found her without Racheal’s help. The planning meetings each week helped keep me organized and on target and anything I needed or any questions I had, Rachael and Taylor responded right away and were always kind, calming and ON IT! If you are looking for an organized, aesticially talented and professional wedding planning team, look no further. You will have the best day of your life with these folks. Thank you Rachael, Taylor, Mike and all of your day-of-team (Amanda and Jess) as well.
  • Maggie
    Maggie S. Married on 07/16/2022

(Almost) Perfect Experience

We hired BBB to as our designer/planner/florist and had an (almost) perfect experience. We worked with Rachael from about 7 months before our wedding - she was extremely knowledgeable and helpful in answering a lot of our questions and guiding us in selecting vendors. We ended up with some really phenomenal vendors that we owe basically entirely to her and she and her team worked with them seamlessly. BBB was recommended to us through our venue and that's where Rachael was extremely valuable - she worked with our venue really well and was able to navigate some of the challenges our venue presented with ease.

Both my husband and I come from a theater background (design and management respectively) - which perhaps made us more Type A/detail-oriented/over-communicative than most couples. There was some lack of clarity at points in the process around the design process and communication wasn't always perfect - we often had to follow up on emails we sent and responses were not always super prompt - which led to some frustrations during our planning process. (I assume this was probably due to the fact that 2022 is just a crazy year of a lot of weddings).

From a week out through EOD on our wedding however, Rachael and Taylor were beyond on top of it. As a former stage manager, I knew I would have trouble letting go on my wedding day but Rachael and Taylor ended up making me feel super comfortable/at ease that everything was taken care of. Day of, there was a surprise rainstorm (our wedding was all outdoors) just as we arrived to the venue in the afternoon, and just as I was starting to have a panic attack, Rachael showed up in the bridal suite to assure me that she had a plan and everything was under control. She also went above and beyond to make up for shortcomings of the venue staff. Taylor, Rachael's associate, was also AMAZING day of. She was super communicative/helpful/accessible from getting us drinks when we needed them to facilitating our cake-cutting and sparkler exit flawlessly.

From a design/floral standpoint, our wedding was GORGEOUS and exactly what I always dreamed of. My bouquet especially was beyond stunning. Rachael's knowledge of our venue allowed her to set our reception up perfectly and I truly am still obsessed with how our wedding looked.
    Shayna S. Married on 06/12/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

BBB gave us our dream wedding!

We are so grateful to Rachael and Taylor for planning our wedding! Their professionalism, warmth, energy and calm made us feel like we were in good hands the entire time. They were always available to address questions and concerns, and made us feel confident nothing was slipping through the cracks - every last detail was accounted for. They helped us pick our vendors and tailor our day so it would be the perfect fit for us, and I know we only saw about a tenth of what they did to plan our wedding. They also did a great job with our flowers and decorations, really capturing our aesthetic. We had some last minute weather concerns and they advocated for us and helped us make the perfect tweaks to our plan so that our wedding was everything we wanted it to be. We couldn’t recommend them highly enough!!!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
  • Cynthia
    Cynthia C. Married on 05/14/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Could not have planned my beautiful wedding without them!

I hired Rachael and her Bad Boss Bride team for what was supposed to be a baby shower/engagement party only 5 months before the event. I figured since I was pregnant, I didn't need the extra stress of planning a party. After meeting with Rachael in person and via email for about two months, my husband and I realized that turning it into a wedding would make more sense since our guest list was increasing and the venue we picked was too gorgeous not to. So the Bad Boss Bride team basically had 3.5 months to plan a full 120 person wedding consisting of a ceremony, dinner and dancing, and all the other bells and whistles that go into it. I never expected how MUCH detail we needed to consider. Thankfully, Rachael laid it all out for us and also gave us different options based on our vision and our budget! Any hiccups along the way were quickly managed by her team and I truly felt at ease on the day of our wedding. I knew we were in the best of hands and I couldn't recommend them enough!
  • Veronica
    Veronica Married on 08/21/2021

Highly recommend!

Rachael was wonderful to work with! We were looking for a very specific type of service to plan our farm wedding and had spoken with a number of wedding planners before meeting Rachael, but knew right away she was the right fit. She immediately understood what I needed as a bride who had a clear vision and wanted to have a fun and nice event, but wasn't as excited about the intense planning process / pressures that come with planning a big wedding. She was hugely helpful in providing vendor recommendations, talking through thoughts and questions, guiding on budget, and ultimately bringing the vision to life - she did the full design and florals for the wedding itself...and she nailed it!
    Anna Z. Married on 07/15/2021

Microwedding Master

Rachael took our whole vision and put it into real life. My husband was apprehensive about using a planner in the first place, thinking we could “save and do things ourselves since it’s a small wedding “. That statement was so wrong and my husband even admits it after our amazing day! :) if you have a small wedding, it’s even more important that you get the chance to celebrate the day with your loved ones, and a planner like Rachael will really help you create that experience. We keep talking about how happy we are Rachael was there to make our microwedding day so special. I don’t think we ever imagined having such a beautiful wedding day, and it was really all thanks to Rachael’s carefully thought out recommendations and creations. From the table pieces she made and then the photographer, venue, and even the truly talented guitar player/singer she recommended. It was the most beautiful day of our lives. And it was our wedding! We were able to spend more time with family and the ones we love because Rachael kept things running smoothly on our day. There is so much value to using a planner, especially Rachael, on your day. A lot of people ask me if we spent more than we actually did on our the day. But it was thanks to Rachael’s special touches and care that we can look back on this day and think about it in the happy, joyful way that we do.
  • Alanna
    Alanna D. Married on 07/06/2021

Pulled together our amazing dreamwedding in 10 days

I found Rachael (Bad Boss Bride) 10 days before my wedding, during COVID-19 in early June. My Fiance and I had almost given up on our dream wedding as the governor only announced allowing outdoor gatherings two weeks before our wedding, and we were tired from the legal battle with our original wedding and unplanning every detail we had worked so hard on in the year prior planning.

Rachael came in at a fair and affordable rate, was beyond professional and attentive. She thoroughly planned every detail of our special day in just 10 short days- and it looked like something should have taken months of planning! She recommended great, trustworthy and professional vendors who went above and beyond.

The day of the wedding, Rachael and her team set up and coordinated everything so my family and I could finally relax after a rollercoaster of a few months related to wedding planning.

Rachael perfectly encapsulated and delivered my vision seamlessly. She blended in perfectly with my family and couldn't have been more kind, compassionate or helpful during these uncertain times for all.

It's been a week since our wedding and I already miss my nightly calls with Rachael!

She is an exceptional vendor of the wedding industry and her passion, expertise, and kindness will be sure to deliver you with the day you've always dreamed of!
    xo,
    Alanna and Andrew Horberg

Bad Boss Bride's reply:

Thank you so much Alanna! It was beyond a pleasure working with you and getting to meet and spend time with your wonderful family! Your trust in me and my team made my job a breeze. We literally felt like family at your wedding! A gorgeous couple deserves a gorgeous wedding and I hope we delivered that to you! Wishing nothing but the best and endless happiness for you and Andrew and the pups!
    Valerie Married on 05/15/2021

BBB is a gem

Because of the pandemic, we had to cancel our destination wedding plans and shifted to a local intimate ceremony and dinner instead. I had 4 months to book a whole new team of vendors to keep our original date, and I'm so glad Rachael was the first one I hired. She has a background as a producer so understands event design and run of show. We just clicked. She absolutely crushed the day-of coordination and floral design -- insane that she does BOTH and offers reasonable package pricing. At no point in the entire process did my husband and I feel stressed or worried about any of the details. She took our direction well but offered her own creative opinion on everything -- it was a nice balance. She recommended a great photographer and rentals vendor that we're so glad we added to our dream team. She handled the setup and breakdown of our event with ease within a tight timeline. My family and friends had nothing but positive things to say about her and her team's professionalism. It was truly a memorable day in that we were able to just enjoy ourselves. Highly recommend -- BBB is a gem.
  • Nicole
    Nicole C. Married on 05/01/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Amazing Experience working with Bad Boss Bride!

I was fortunate to have found Bad Boss Bride for Month/Day of Coordination for my wedding! Rachael spent time the month leading up to our wedding talking through our vision, timeline, and coordinated all of our vendors to ensure everything went smoothly! She was so knowledgeable and answered all of our questions which helped us relax and really enjoy our wedding day. We had a small hiccup with our centerpieces and Rachael stepped in to modify the setting so that it was more in line with what we had envisioned. I am so grateful to have found and worked with the Bad Boss Bride team!
    Kris Married on 04/03/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Stuck with us through the long haul

It is difficult for me to find the words to express how grateful I am to have found Rachael. I first encountered bad boss bride and Rachael through one of the many facebook wedding groups I had joined when we first got engaged in November 2019. We decided to work together in March 2020, about a week before NY went into lockdown. Back then, we had been planning a much larger event (our original guest list was over 200 people). Over the coming months, as it became more and more evident that we wouldn’t be allowed to throw an affair of this scale (on top of realizing that a large, traditional wedding was not at all our style), we ultimately decided to keep our original wedding date and original venue, and have a small, intimate gathering consisting of immediate family and our wedding party. Rachael was present through every step of the way, and was game for whatever we decided to do. She is well-connected (her networking capabilities were able to snag us the farm tables of my dreams) and respected in her industry, which was a great help when we were on our vendor search. She always kept it real and straight with us, and was willing and able to give advice on everything from how to reel in my mother’s expectations to what was a reasonable amount to spend on a tent. As an individual with many different interests and an appreciation for every design aesthetic, Rachael kindly forced me to reign in all of my ideas. She weeded through my plethora of handmade and thrifted decor that I spent over a year collecting and created what was in my head, but was difficult for me to describe or design on my own. She did everything from making my bouquet and doing all the florals (which I didn't even think I had the budget for in the beginning, but she magically made happen), to setting up our dessert station. We cannot ever thank her enough for all of her guidance, expertise, patience and resourcefulness. I have told every bride I know how essential it is to find someone to be on your side that isn’t a friend or relative, that you truly connect with, and who is going to help you actualize your vision. Rachael is a special person in the wedding industry, as she is straight-forward, present, professional and relatable. She set out to fill a void within the industry, and she has done just that.
  • Mariya
    Mariya T. Married on 11/23/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Couldn't imagine a better team!

Me and my husband decided to cancel our larger wedding in November due to COVID and elope instead in the end on July. Our photographer has connected us with Rachael to plan our elopement. Since our decision to elope was somewhat spontaneous, we had less than a month to plan our celebration and had no idea what we wanted (or even could want) for our special day. From the first contact, Rachael was patient, professional and supportive. She was ALWAYS on top of everything from contacting vendors to thinking through little details. Multiple times during the planning process she was there to calm my nerves and reassure that, despite everything, we will have the BEST day ever. As a bride, I did not have a set Pinterest board or a clear idea of what I want my wedding to look like (especially since I believed that I still had a lot of time to figure everything out before November). Despite that, Rachael was able to feel our style and create a true fairytale. On the day of the celebration, Rachael and her partner Michael were there for us from setting up and breaking down their amazing decorations to fixing the dress, taking behind-the-scenes picture and videos, looking after our rebellious pups and calming my bridal anxiety. They even brought a steamer, Tide pens and other things that we didn't even thing we might need. They are both amazing and authentic people who made us feel extra special on our wedding day, when all our family and friends were not present. They played our selected songs in the right time (special thanks to Michael for following us around with Bluetooth speaker as we took pictures), live-streamed our entire ceremony for friends and family to see, created our signature drinks and made everything look and feel special. Rachael has an amazing taste such that my mom (who is an interior designer and is extremely hard to satisfy aesthetically) couldn't stop giving her compliments on how beautiful everything looked. I cannot imagine anyone else being in charge of our elopement. If me and my husband (YAYA!) could do it all over again, we would definitely call Bad Boss Bride to plan and style our special day!

Bad Boss Bride's reply:

Dear Mariya & Phil,
    What an honor to be among the intimate group that got to share in your elopement! It's a day myself and my business partner/husband Mike, will never forget! We hope we made you feel as special as we felt celebrating with you!
    -Rachael
    Jessica F. Married on 10/23/2020

Dream elopement

Rachael planned and designed the elopement of my dreams! Like many other brides, COVID-19 threw a wrench in our original wedding plans. We had to postpone our wedding to next fall but my now husband and I wanted to do something more meaningful to us, so we eloped on our fifth anniversary on October 23. Rachael was so great to work with and made sure our vision was met. Together we chose the most beautiful venue, and Rachael hired the best vendors. She has such an eye for detail and the elopement was beautifully designed. I cannot recommend her enough!
  • Megan
    Megan L. Married on 10/10/2020

Absolutely outstanding!

Rachael was an absolutely dream to work with! She was so responsive, had amazing ideas to help my vision come to life, and excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. I hired Rachael as a partial planner/day of coordinator and I can not rave enough about how impressed I was with her. She handled every detail the day of my wedding flawlessly! I highly recommend Bad Boss Bride and her amazing team to anyone in need of help planning their special day. Thank you again Rachael! 💕
  • Par
    Par M. Married on 10/02/2020

Creative & Organized!

Rachael is one of the most organized and creative planners I have had the opportunity to work with as a photographer. She knows how to turn your vision into a reality, plan timelines like a boss, and she is so incredibly sweet! If you are looking for a wedding planner/stylist you don't need to look any further than Bad Boss Bride!
  • Fiona
    Fiona H. Married on 09/28/2020

Fall Woodland Wedding in the Catskills

Rachael and her team were a dream to work with from start to finish. Communication with Rachael was first rate. Whether it was an idea we wanted to bounce off of her or us needing to make a last minute change before the big day. She was always there for us when we needed her and helped us feel at ease throughout the entire process. Rachael transformed our venue into a dream fall woodland wedding. The attention to detail and unique design elements were second to none. We were absolutely blown away by her ability to elevate the space, her styling is so unique, not the normal cookie cutter weddings we are all used to seeing. All the compliments and praise we have gotten for the day is still coming in. We would love for Rachael to design and host another wedding at our venue in the future.
  • O
    Orit K. Married on 09/28/2020

The Absolute Best

Bad Boss Bride means business. We’ve captured several weddings she’s dreamt up & been lucky enough to photograph her styled shoot and all we can say is WOW. We’ve never seen a planner work so hard. And although her work speaks for itself, we can’t say enough about how impeccably she always brings a bride’s vision to life. Every wedding she works on is pure magic. Our biggest regret is not having found her before our own wedding. If you’re deciding whether to book Rachael, our advice is make a move before she’s booked on your date. You’ll be so happy to have her throughout the process & behind the scenes on the big day!
    Megan G. Married on 09/26/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Rachael made all my wedding dreams come true!

Rachael helped me find my vision (after having to rework our wedding three times this year I sort of felt lost) and executed it beyond belief. We narrowed down a few colors, designs, decor I had already purchased, and all of the awesome items she has collected in her own inventory to make our vision a reality. I could not have dreamt of a more beautiful tablescape and ceremony. She helped me find a local caterer and her team also did all of the lighting and sound for our wedding (we opted out of a DJ but through Rachael we rented super nice speakers to play our own playlist on, microphone set up for ceremony, and beautiful uplighting for the reception). She kept us on track with the weeks leading up to the ceremony and made our day of wedding so smooth and seamless. She used flowers from our florist out of state to make small bridesmaids bouquets, beautiful center pieces, and arrangements for on the beautiful arch we also rented from her. She understood my vision and preferences so well and she thought of every detail imaginable. She is so passionate and dedicated about making your day so special and perfect and she absolutely delivered - I could not recommend her more.
  • Samantha
    Samantha S. Married on 09/19/2020

Queen of details

Just when you thought you were the most detailed orientated bride, BBB comes in and puts your detail game to shame. This team is on top of every single part of the wedding planning process to the final moment when you say "I Do". BBB is available 24/7 to answer phone calls, texts, e-mails for those last minute questions you always need to know answers to ASAP. BBB helped put my vision together within 45 days of my wedding date due to last minute change of venue location. They are professional, charismatic and more importantly extremely creative. I wish I had hired Rachael a year ago! 10/10 recommend!
    Christine L. Married on 09/18/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Most personable experience! Bad boss bride truly captured my vision and made our wedding so enjoyable

An Amazing experience! Racheal was supportive and reassuring from our first call all the way through our wedding day. Racheal and her team executed our wedding perfectly the day of and truly allowed us to enjoy the day.
    Arielle Married on 09/12/2020

Lifesaver!

Rachael and Bad Boss Brides are amazing! My husband and I postponed our wedding due to Covid and when it was time to pick planning back up, we were totally struggling! Rachael guided us every step of the way. Rachael helped us with scheduling and all logistics, communicating with all our vendors. She also took care of the design and florals. Everything looked gorgeous! On the day off, she and her team took care of everything. It was a perfect day and I can't thank her enough!
    Tori A. Married on 09/12/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Bad Boss Bride is AMAZING!

Coming from the event industry myself, I was convinced that I could do it all myself. Once the reality set in, I knew I had taken on an impossible task. That’s when I decided to call Bad Boss Bride to the rescue. Rachael has been amazing throughout the entire process! She has eased my stress and calmed my nerves in so many ways. She is incredibly detailed and thorough. She has made wedding planning a breeze and I would recommend Bad Boss Bride to anyone having doubts about hiring assistance.
    Danielle A. Married on 09/06/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Rachael is a lifesaver and you NEED her

Rachael was one of the most impressive, professional, organized, and so much more when it came to wedding planning. Due to the circumstances we had to cancel my original wedding and we planned a new one in 2 months. From the day we spoke she was never pushy and always was able to answer my questions. Rachael always answered my texts as soon as I reached out, and she scheduled phone calls for us to stay in the loop frequently. The week leading up the wedding Rachael was on top of every single vendor and little thing that needed to be done. My wedding weekend was completely flawless due to Rachael and may I mention her extremely kind and talented husband. I can go on forever about Rachael. I couldn’t have done it without her. WE LOVE RACHAEL!!!!!
    Melissa Married on 08/28/2020

Perfect Mini Wedding!

I am so thankful I found Rachael when planning my mini-wedding, as it turned out absolutely perfect! When we had to postpone our big wedding, we knew we still wanted to get married on our original date. I wanted to keep it small, but still wanted our event to be beautiful and special. I knew if I went the DIY backyard route, I would ultimately regret it. I reached out to Rachael, and she helped us plan the most beautiful event that perfectly fit my vision within our budget. She has an incredible eye for design, and she was able to take my ideas and make them into something that perfectly represented us.

The day of our wedding was so stress free, as she and Jessie took care of every detail. She has a great network of vendors, and coordinated everything for us so we were able to just enjoy the day with each other and our families. Everyone had a great time, and can't stop talking about how great our wedding was!

I never anticipated having to postpone my big wedding and plan a small event in a short amount of time, but with Rachael's help, we made our wedding day into something better than I could have ever imagined. I highly recommend working with her whether your event is big or small!
    Priya A. Married on 08/22/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Amazing, hands down the best vendor we had.

We contacted BadBossBride after our wedding was cancelled due to covid-19. Rachael and her team put together our wedding in under THREE WEEKS. Every time I asked if I needed to do something, Rachael already had it done. She is quick to respond and she has an eye for design. Our wedding was a dream and it was better than we could have ever imagined. The BBB team is professional, punctual, and personable. You will not regret using Bad Boss Bride. Rachael and her team will truly make your wedding perfect and will eliminate all the stressors that are associated with weddings! We are so happy and feel so fulfilled with our small wedding that we are choosing to cancel any future big event—that’s how amazing Bad Boss Bride is.

Not only is Rachael amazing with design and concept—her contacts within the industry are amazing. We found all of our vendors through her and were impressed with ALL of them. We will be using BBB and the vendors we found through them for every party we have in the future!

Thank you Bad Boss Bride for giving us the pinterest wedding of our dreams!
    Julie K. Married on 07/12/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Amazing wedding planning and design

Words can’t describe how happy I am with how our backyard wedding turned out yesterday. We had to change our plans due to Covid-19 and I knew I needed help with making my parents backyard turn into a magical wedding atmosphere. Rachael helped turn my vision into a reality and truly went above and beyond to help make our day so special and beautiful. All her little details, her ability to stay within our budget, the flowers and decor she designed... I cannot recommend Rachael enough! I am so thrilled with how everything turned out, I truly thank you from the bottom of our hearts
illustration stars