B Astonished Events, LLC Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner

• Katina
    Katina W. Married on 09/18/2021

The best wedding planner ever!

Melissa and her team did an outstanding job through and through. I found Melissa’s “Just The Two of Us” package on Instagram when they first launched. The”Just The Two of Us” package was so much more than I could have ask for. From the planning phase to the day of execution, Melissa provided constant support and communication throughout the wedding planning process. We had such a great experience. Melissa was very responsive whenever I had questions. The vendor team that was recommended by Melissa was outstanding and executed flawlessly on our wedding vision!!!!!
    Thank you Melissa for planning and coordinating our wedding. We really appreciate your ability to take our wedding vision and turn it into a stunning reality!!!!!! You provided everything we could wish for in a wedding planner and so much more!!!!!!!!!
  • Brittany
    Brittany C. Married on 07/30/2021

The Perfect Wedding Planner!

It took us a while to get this review posted because we wanted it to be PERFECT! Because that’s how we feel about Melissa and the B Astonished team. They are perfection! From the day planning started to the end of wedding day Melissa and her team were patient, professional, prompt. and understanding. During the planning process, often times when it came to décor, we could not pull the trigger on making a decision (I’m indecisive!) but Melissa knew exactly how to 1. Create a vision for us and 2. Help us execute and bring the vision to life - all while accommodating our budget.

When covid hit, we panicked. We could not decide whether to move forward with the wedding or to postpone. Melissa provided us with all the pros and cons of both scenarios so that we could make the best decision for us. Ultimately, we decided to postpone. Although our wedding was postponed, Melissa did not miss a beat when it came to managing all the vendor changes regarding the new date and details. With her handling all our details we felt so confident that our wedding day would run flawlessly. Every single one of her recommended vendors provided the same level of top-notch dedication and professionalism towards preparing for our big day. Fast forward to wedding day, things seemed to flow perfectly! Not that there weren’t hiccups (because what wedding doesn’t have them!?) but when there were, we never knew or heard about it until after the fact because Melissa and her team had already taken care of it. Also thank you to Jenny on the B Astonished Events Team. She was by my side the entire day and made sure I had anything I needed or asked for. From carrying my shoes to brining me champagne to calm my nerves - I couldn’t have made it through the day without you!

To Melissa, Blair, Jenny, and the entire B Astonished Events team - THANK YOU! Our wedding felt like a dream! We have already decided if we ever have another big event, we will be calling you!

To anyone reading and searching for an event planner – if you want your event to be stunning, you have to choose B Astonished Events!
    Charmaine T. Married on 05/21/2021

Exceptional Service

From the moment I signed my contract with Melissa and her team, it’s been a complete blessing. Melissa was so hands on and knowledgeable and exceeded my expectations. She was patient for the both of us during the recent challenging times. She helped make my dream come true. All I wanted was an intimate wedding that was a reflection of me and my husband’s personality and she delivered!! The day of the wedding her team was beyond helpful and I can’t thank them enough.
  • Alenna
    Alenna M. Married on 05/01/2021

Absolutely Astonishing Micro-Wedding with Macro Quality

Working with BAstonished Events was an incredible experience! I could not have asked for a better team! They helped me in every aspect of my event from top to bottom. They also made great suggestions for other vendors to make sure my wedding went off without a hitch! The day was perfect, and I can wholeheartedly attest that to working with BAstonished Events and our lead planner Melissa. I would highly recommend them for any event that you need to plan especially weddings. Melissa was extremely organized, professional, and responsive. If I ever had a question she was usually two steps ahead and it was already answered. Her design esthetic was also right up my alley. Her style is so classy and fabulous. I really allowed her to plan it as she saw fit because I knew the color scheme I wanted, but I couldn’t see the vision beyond that. Melissa hand crafted a mood (vision) board that was like a work of art that really brought the vision to life! I think allowing her to really work her magic made the experience even better. Melissa was also able to suggest things that I wouldn’t have even thought of because she has been in this industry for so long. My wedding day was beyond perfect and the planning beforehand made it even more perfect because everything was so organized and effortless. I inquired about working with BAstonished Events in November and they pulled an amazing micro-wedding together by May, and all while maneuvering a global pandemic. I had no doubt in my mind that it was going to be a great event because of how well the preparation and planning went throughout those 6 months. It was also wonderful to have Blair and Bishop as our videographer and groom concierge team because they were so professional and helpful throughout the wedding day. They helped give good guidance during the wedding to help the groom and groomsmen. They offered great ideas for video scenes and getting ready moments. They helped foster great fellowship before the wedding and it was very creative. We will 100% be repeat clients because Melissa and her Team made this process so easy and stress free. She is worth every dollar and then some! What dollar amount can you really place on your peace and happiness, and to know that your event will be run so well? BAstonished Events was great so make sure you book them, you won’t be disappointed.
  • Ariel
    Ariel B. Married on 11/05/2020

The Tale of a happy Corona Bride!

I found Melissa's 'Just the Two of Us' package on Instagram and was so excited but nervous that it was be too good to be true. I'm so glad I was wrong! Melissa seamlessly pulled together a venue and top notch vendors during COVID when everything was shut down. She never complained or told us no when we had new ideas or questions. Our wedding went off without a hitch and I'm forever grateful to Melissa and team for making my wedding dreams come true!
    Stephanie N. Married on 10/18/2020

Gift From God

Exceptional Service & Blessed with the BEST TEAM!!!!
    Jayla C. Married on 10/10/2020

Nothing but the best!!!

My husband and I had been planning for a wedding of 150+ guests before COVID-19 hit and we were unsure about our plans when we saw just how bad the pandemic actually was. I was going back and forth about pushing the wedding out or having a courthouse wedding as some had suggested. One day I saw a post by B Astonished Events sharing their new "Just The Two Of Us" service which was perfect for the restrictions that had been put in place. The team brought all of my ideas together and made my vision come to life!! Our wedding consisted of 12 guests but looking back I wouldn't have it any other way. Our "Exclusive Affair" on 10/10/20 was amazing! I can't thank Melissa and her team enough for putting together such a beautiful wedding day. Despite everything that has been going on with the pandemic they made the entire experience fun and most of all stress-free! I will continue to recommend B Astonished Events to anyone I know because of the quality we received. The team works well together and the entire process down to the wedding day went smoothly! I can't wait to work with them again!
    Paola Married on 10/10/2020

Wedding Planner for Microwedding

Our wedding day went so well thanks to the B Astonished team. I never once felt stressed on our day, knowing that everything was taken care of. All the coordination among our vendors and the various transitions throughout the day went perfectly! During what has been a difficult year with Covid, we were able to still get married on the date we had wanted since before we even got engaged thanks to B Astonished. They organized and designed an intimate micro-wedding for us that looked beautiful despite the short timeframe we had. Even though our wedding ceremony was small, the quality of all the services provided was just as if we'd had a 200+ person wedding. We loved all the vendors B Astonished recommended to us and we're so thankful that we were able to work with such a great team. Melissa invested so much into every detail and De'Angela, who was with me on the wedding day, was the best day-of-coordinator I could have ever asked for. Highly recommend the B Astonished team for any event!
  • De’Angela
    De’angela B. Married on 08/28/2020

Beyond Astonishing!

The B Astonished Events Team went above and beyond during our wedding planning journey. From our initial consultation to the execution of our wedding day, my fiance and I were extremely pleased! Planning a wedding during a global pandemic was not easy, but the B Astonished Events team made us feel so comfortable and provided reassurance throughout our planning process. Not only was B Astonished professional, but they also recommended the most outstanding vendors in the industry. Thank you to the B Astonished Events Team for planning and coordinating our dream wedding! We cannot wait to work with you in the future as we celebrate our family milestones.
    Jada T. Married on 08/08/2020

An amazing experience with Melissa!

Wow, where do we start!? Since we first filled out an inquiry with Bastonished events, we instantly knew that they would be the wedding planner for us! Our planner was Melissa. She is the bomb.com! She is literally a superwoman. She has the best style and pinpoints exactly what you need to make your vision come true. Unfortunately, our dream wedding was postponed until next year due to COVID but we actually were able to have a very small micro wedding to keep our date. Melissa was so helpful with providing spur of the moment details for our special mini wedding! Everything turned out beautifully. So excited to do it all over again with Bastonished Events x10 next year! I would give 100 stars if I could! Highly recommend!
  • Mikayla
    Mikayla C. Married on 06/19/2020

A Dream Come True

Working with Melissa during this pandemic has been truly amazing. I was afraid that I wouldn’t be able to have my wedding due to the virus and I happened to stumble across B Astonished Events and the micro wedding package. I was truly amazed and was so happy to have the dreams of our wedding day come to life. Melissa worked with us, listened to our thoughts, she gave ideas and literally everything turned out to be a true fairytale. Hands down one of the BEST planners ever.
    Donovan T. Married on 05/23/2020

Best Day Ever

The "Just The Two of Us" package was so much more than I could have asked for. Melissa and her team did an outstanding job through and through. While this package is a "Micro-Wedding" there was nothing micro about it. From the planning phase to day of execution, Melissa provided constant support and and communication throughout the process and made our experience truly a dream come true. I'm the first of my friends to get married and will definitely be recommending Melissa and her team of Vendors to them all. I will never forget our special day, thank you Melissa and B Astonished Events!
  • Kevin
    Kevin E. Married on 03/10/2020

Phenomanal planners that created a breathtaking experience!

B Astonished exceeded our expectations. Although 2020 was a rough year for many, B Astonished didn't miss a beat in preparedness, timelines, and execution of our vision! This is the most professional group I have ever worked with. They are knowledgeable, personable, and did everything they could to make sure our big day was seamless. Simply, an amazing experience!
  • Maurice
    Maurice A. Married on 01/07/2020

Facilitator of Happiness Ever After

I have never encountered someone more thorough or professional in my entire adult life. Melissa is truly heaven sent and did her absolute best to ensure that God was present in the details of our matrimony.

B Astonished Events, LLC's reply:

Thank you so much Maurice and Natika for having me alongside your wedding planning journey! I really enjoyed coordinating your wedding! Y’all were the best!
    Brittany Married on 12/31/2019

Amazing planning crew w/ an amazing vendor list!

B Astonished was amazing in every aspect of planning. The vendors they recommended were all of great quality! B Astonished was very responsive whenever we had questions or concerns, they were also very flexible. On the day of our wedding they were beyond patient with us and made sure our day was nothing less than perfect!

B Astonished Events, LLC's reply:

Thank you so much Brittany and Adrian for allowing me to be apart of your wedding planning journey! You were always responsive and took whatever advice I gave! I wish you all the best and we definitely have to get together soon!
  • Valerie
    Valerie Married on 10/11/2019

Incredible Experience!

I can’t even put in to words how incredible Melissa and her team were for the planning and execution of our wedding day! As a busy teacher I knew planning a wedding would be stressful and overwhelming for me. Let me tell you...all of the stress, pressure, and overwhelming feelings were completely eliminated during the planning process for me, thanks to the B Astonished team! When I had my initial planning meeting with Melissa she was very professional, joyful and open to all of my ideas. From day one she always made herself available to me. Whether I had a question about vendors or color schemes, she got back to me immediately with valuable feedback. As our process continued, this amazing team handled communication between vendors, arranged meetings for us and kept us super organized. In the final days leading up to our wedding day she provided each of our vendors with an extremely detailed timeline for the day. If any issues were presented from our vendors Melissa protected us like family and made sure that we were getting everything that we wanted. That meant SO much to us! It didn’t matter if it was 5am or 5pm, Melissa would answer my phone calls and made sure everything was okay. The day of our wedding was absolutely seamless! People always say that things go wrong at weddings...if something did go wrong, we still don’t know about it! Melissa and her team were by my side from the time I started getting my hair and makeup done. She helped the photographers/videographers with anything they needed, she communicated with our transportation company and my girls and I were ready ahead of schedule! Melissa even transported my dress in her own vehicle so that it wouldn’t get ruined in the limo. She made sure I had everything I needed leading up to the ceremony, made sure our vendors were squared away and took care of our entire bridal party. We were able to take in every moment, actually sit down and enjoy our dinner and have the time of our lives. When one of the buttons on my bustle came off on the dance floor Melissa was right there immediately to help pin it up, so that I didn’t miss a beat. I can’t say enough about her punctuality, attention to detail, eye for design and decor, and lovely personality! B Astonished goes ABOVE AND BEYOND for their clients and we highly recommend them! We are just so thankful for them! They created and delivered the wedding of our dreams!
    Perrye Married on 09/28/2019

Perfect wedding weekend with Melissa!

Everything was PERFECT! I know they say to expect that not everything at your wedding will be perfect, but our wedding was absolutely perfect and we could not have done it without Melissa.

Melissa was so wonderful to work with throughout the planning process and on the day of the wedding. I hired her for month-of-coordination but she checked in throughout the process to make sure we were on track. She is incredibly energetic, level-headed enough to calm down stressed-out brides and always there to recommend a vendor or help solve any wedding planning crises!

Melissa is extremely detail-oriented, thoughtful, punctual and stylish. Because of her careful planning, excellent team and calm presence, the day of our wedding was a breeze: the bridal party was ready ahead of schedule, my husband and I were able to sit and eat and enjoy our FULL dinner and we were able to dance all night long. She also recommended some nice decor touches for my reception that really created a finished look. I was so happy to be able to really be in the moment during my own wedding and as a result I'll have happy memories to last a lifetime!

Thank you so much, Melissa and team!!
  • BoBerry
    Sheree Married on 09/14/2019

Best Planners EVER!!!!

We were referred to B Astonished Events through a friend. We couldn’t be happier that we decided to use them. Our wedding with B Astonished Events was superb. I have planned other smaller events for family members and know what a headache it can be. This was by far the most stress-free experience we have ever planned. The team, led by Melissa, made sure every detail was attended to, and every concern addressed. They listened to what our idea of a dream wedding was and delivered! We highly recommend them to any couple looking for a phenomenal, stress-free event!!

The professionalism, organization, décor, DJ, and catering were all perfect. They fielded last minute emails from vendors wanting updates and timelines, allowing us to focus on our day. I can’t imagine having this wedding without the help of B Astonished Events. As the date drew near, friends and family would ask if we were stressed or nervous about the planning, and our answer was always “no”.

On the day of, we felt like we were behind the scenes of our own show, being handled like stars until we made it to the alter. We never had to lift a finger for anything, our every whim was satisfied. After, many guests commented on how well everything went, and how impressed they were with how organized the wedding was.

We recommend Melissa, and the B Astonished Events team to anyone looking to have a successful event without the stress and worry. They gave us peace of mind and are true professionals. We appreciate everything they did for us!
  • Brittany
    Brittany Married on 09/01/2019

The most important part of your big day!

I cannot begin to describe how appreciative I am for both Melissa and DeAngela. They kept me sane, on schedule, and most importantly on budget throughout this entire process. My day was worry free thanks to these two. Their professionalism, ability to plan, and think ahead kept me at ease. As a first time bride you don’t know what you don’t know. But these two were upfront and very honest with what I needed and what I didn’t need, which kept us on track. I honestly don’t know what I would’ve done without them. Their commitment to seeing me happy on my big day was priceless. They were my favorite vendor and the most important part of our big day!
    Courtney S. Married on 08/30/2019

An experience I’ll never forget!

Melissa and De’Angela were everything my husband and I could’ve asked for in planners and then some! From the moment we began they were very knowledgeable and transparent about the entire process. Even though we paid for the full planning package they made sure to put our wants and needs first, held us accountable and kept us sane lol. I think the best thing about BAstonished was that even though the are the best in the game, in our humble opinion, we never felt that they were on the job with us. They were just as excited for everything like we were, the gave us ideas to bounce off of, and were always available to us to answer questions about anything. Looking back we know that our day would not have been half of what it was without their expertise, diligence, and genuine care for us. Thanks ladies, you’re truly amazing
    Siara Married on 06/29/2019

Amazing Team

Hiring Melissa and De’Angela as our wedding planners was the best decision ever. I knew from our initial consultation that they were the perfect fit for us. They literally went above and beyond to make our day amazing! Their vendor recommendations were all nothing but the best and their knowledge and attention to detail was like no other. Throughout the wedding planning process, they were very prompt in responding to all messages. These ladies are truly passionate about what they do and we will miss working with them.
    Blessing Married on 06/15/2019

Best decision Ever

Words cannot express how thankful we are that we had this team for our wedding day. They were extremely helpful through the entire process and always available for help as needed. Our wedding day would have ran as smoothly without them. If you are considering this team for planning or coordination, do not hesitate.

B Astonished Events, LLC's reply:

Blessing! Your day was soooo gorgeous! Thank you for trusting us in making all the decisions for your day and especially the decor! It was so beautiful and we wish you and Thomas forever happiness!
    Danae Married on 04/27/2019

Amazing Team!

At the beginning of our engagement, my fiance and I didn’t think we would need a wedding coordinator. Needless to say...Melissa and her team were a God-send for sure! I booked B Astonished and knew that I wanted to work with this amazing team after my first consultation! Melissa and D’Angela’s knowledge, friendly and joyful attitude and gently suggesting of ideas and timeline made me realize that this would be the right people and that we needed this guidance to ensure everything would come together as I’d envisioned it. I had most of the big vendors done (photography and catering) but they were able to step in and pick up seamlessly, as if she had been there from the very beginning. No matter how busy she was, Melissa always responded to messages very, very promptly. I am going to miss working with Melissa and the team over at B Astonished. We can’t wait for the next big exciting event (that’s how great this experience was). Just about all of our guests have complimented us on how well organized and nice the wedding festivities were and that there did not seem to be any massive confusion about anything.

If you’re hesitating at all – don’t 🙂 We highly recommend Melissa and her team to help you with your wedding planning / coordinating needs. I absolutely recommend them to anyone looking for event/wedding planning services. Also, out of all the wedding planners that I talked to, B Astonished had the best value!

B Astonished Events, LLC's reply:

Awwwww Danae! Thank you for this beautiful review! You will always be one of our favorite brides! The energy you brought is unmatched! We love you!
  • KievR
    Kiev Married on 02/02/2019

An Exceptional Experience!

If something actually went wrong on my wedding day, I didn't know it because De'Angela and Melissa had it all handled!

I was a pretty organized bride but knew that I didn't want to deal with much of anything as the day drew near, so I was actively on the hunt for a month-of coordinator. Based on a recommendation from my photographer, I reached out to BAstonished Events. Had I known beforehand that they were going to be that fantastic, I would have just sprung the extra cash for them to plan my entire wedding!

Their online portal and checklist was phenomenal in helping me to keep my end of things on track. De'Angela was always available to answer my questions on even the most mundane of things. Her attentiveness to detail and promptness left me completely comfortable with letting go of the reins the last month before the wedding.

On the day of, I was able to focus on just being a happy bride and enjoying the moment because they had everything covered. They made sure all the vendors were punctual and had everything they needed to set up and throughout the evening, they ensured that me and the groom had everything we needed as well. I received absolutely zero complaints afterwards about the logistics of anything and that's all because of BAstonished.

I'll definitely be tapping them in the future when I have another big event to pull off.
    Jessica Married on 10/20/2018

Experience of a Lifetime

Melissa and D’Angela were absolutely AMAZING I would recommend them to every engaged couple in the world if I could. You won’t be disappointed with their services! They always had solutions and were always pleasant and chipper whenever you called them. Thank you so much ladies for making my wedding a memorable experience!

B Astonished Events, LLC's reply:

Thank you so much Jessica for the kind words! We really enjoyed working with you and Raymond! Congratulations again!