B Astonished Events, LLC Reviews

40 Reviews for B Astonished Events, LLC

• Maurice

Maurice Arthur Thorpe Mo · Married on 01/07/2020

Facilitator of Happiness Ever After

I have never encountered someone more thorough or professional in my entire adult life. Melissa is truly heaven sent and did her absolute best to ensure that God was present in the details of our matrimony.

Sent on 01/07/2020

B Astonished Events, LLC's reply:

Thank you so much Maurice and Natika for having me alongside your wedding planning journey! I really enjoyed coordinating your wedding! Y’all were the best!

Brittany · Married on 12/31/2019

Amazing planning crew w/ an amazing vendor list!

B Astonished was amazing in every aspect of planning. The vendors they recommended were all of great quality! B Astonished was very responsive whenever we had questions or concerns, they were also very flexible. On the day of our wedding they were beyond patient with us and made sure our day was nothing less than perfect!

Sent on 01/05/2020

B Astonished Events, LLC's reply:

Thank you so much Brittany and Adrian for allowing me to be apart of your wedding planning journey! You were always responsive and took whatever advice I gave! I wish you all the best and we definitely have to get together soon!
  • Valerie

Valerie · Married on 10/11/2019

Incredible Experience!

I can’t even put in to words how incredible Melissa and her team were for the planning and execution of our wedding day! As a busy teacher I knew planning a wedding would be stressful and overwhelming for me. Let me tell you...all of the stress, pressure, and overwhelming feelings were completely eliminated during the planning process for me, thanks to the B Astonished team! When I had my initial planning meeting with Melissa she was very professional, joyful and open to all of my ideas. From day one she always made herself available to me. Whether I had a question about vendors or color schemes, she got back to me immediately with valuable feedback. As our process continued, this amazing team handled communication between vendors, arranged meetings for us and kept us super organized. In the final days leading up to our wedding day she provided each of our vendors with an extremely detailed timeline for the day. If any issues were presented from our vendors Melissa protected us like family and made sure that we were getting everything that we wanted. That meant SO much to us! It didn’t matter if it was 5am or 5pm, Melissa would answer my phone calls and made sure everything was okay. The day of our wedding was absolutely seamless! People always say that things go wrong at weddings...if something did go wrong, we still don’t know about it! Melissa and her team were by my side from the time I started getting my hair and makeup done. She helped the photographers/videographers with anything they needed, she communicated with our transportation company and my girls and I were ready ahead of schedule! Melissa even transported my dress in her own vehicle so that it wouldn’t get ruined in the limo. She made sure I had everything I needed leading up to the ceremony, made sure our vendors were squared away and took care of our entire bridal party. We were able to take in every moment, actually sit down and enjoy our dinner and have the time of our lives. When one of the buttons on my bustle came off on the dance floor Melissa was right there immediately to help pin it up, so that I didn’t miss a beat. I can’t say enough about her punctuality, attention to detail, eye for design and decor, and lovely personality! B Astonished goes ABOVE AND BEYOND for their clients and we highly recommend them! We are just so thankful for them! They created and delivered the wedding of our dreams!

Sent on 10/21/2019

Perrye · Married on 09/28/2019

Perfect wedding weekend with Melissa!

Everything was PERFECT! I know they say to expect that not everything at your wedding will be perfect, but our wedding was absolutely perfect and we could not have done it without Melissa.

Melissa was so wonderful to work with throughout the planning process and on the day of the wedding. I hired her for month-of-coordination but she checked in throughout the process to make sure we were on track. She is incredibly energetic, level-headed enough to calm down stressed-out brides and always there to recommend a vendor or help solve any wedding planning crises!

Melissa is extremely detail-oriented, thoughtful, punctual and stylish. Because of her careful planning, excellent team and calm presence, the day of our wedding was a breeze: the bridal party was ready ahead of schedule, my husband and I were able to sit and eat and enjoy our FULL dinner and we were able to dance all night long. She also recommended some nice decor touches for my reception that really created a finished look. I was so happy to be able to really be in the moment during my own wedding and as a result I'll have happy memories to last a lifetime!

Thank you so much, Melissa and team!!

Sent on 10/03/2019
  • BoBerry

Sheree · Married on 09/14/2019

Best Planners EVER!!!!

We were referred to B Astonished Events through a friend. We couldn’t be happier that we decided to use them. Our wedding with B Astonished Events was superb. I have planned other smaller events for family members and know what a headache it can be. This was by far the most stress-free experience we have ever planned. The team, led by Melissa, made sure every detail was attended to, and every concern addressed. They listened to what our idea of a dream wedding was and delivered! We highly recommend them to any couple looking for a phenomenal, stress-free event!!

The professionalism, organization, décor, DJ, and catering were all perfect. They fielded last minute emails from vendors wanting updates and timelines, allowing us to focus on our day. I can’t imagine having this wedding without the help of B Astonished Events. As the date drew near, friends and family would ask if we were stressed or nervous about the planning, and our answer was always “no”.

On the day of, we felt like we were behind the scenes of our own show, being handled like stars until we made it to the alter. We never had to lift a finger for anything, our every whim was satisfied. After, many guests commented on how well everything went, and how impressed they were with how organized the wedding was.

We recommend Melissa, and the B Astonished Events team to anyone looking to have a successful event without the stress and worry. They gave us peace of mind and are true professionals. We appreciate everything they did for us!

Sent on 09/29/2019
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 09/01/2019

The most important part of your big day!

I cannot begin to describe how appreciative I am for both Melissa and DeAngela. They kept me sane, on schedule, and most importantly on budget throughout this entire process. My day was worry free thanks to these two. Their professionalism, ability to plan, and think ahead kept me at ease. As a first time bride you don’t know what you don’t know. But these two were upfront and very honest with what I needed and what I didn’t need, which kept us on track. I honestly don’t know what I would’ve done without them. Their commitment to seeing me happy on my big day was priceless. They were my favorite vendor and the most important part of our big day!

Sent on 09/12/2019

Courtney Simpson · Married on 08/30/2019

An experience I’ll never forget!

Melissa and De’Angela were everything my husband and I could’ve asked for in planners and then some! From the moment we began they were very knowledgeable and transparent about the entire process. Even though we paid for the full planning package they made sure to put our wants and needs first, held us accountable and kept us sane lol. I think the best thing about BAstonished was that even though the are the best in the game, in our humble opinion, we never felt that they were on the job with us. They were just as excited for everything like we were, the gave us ideas to bounce off of, and were always available to us to answer questions about anything. Looking back we know that our day would not have been half of what it was without their expertise, diligence, and genuine care for us. Thanks ladies, you’re truly amazing

Sent on 09/29/2019

Siara · Married on 06/29/2019

Amazing Team

Hiring Melissa and De’Angela as our wedding planners was the best decision ever. I knew from our initial consultation that they were the perfect fit for us. They literally went above and beyond to make our day amazing! Their vendor recommendations were all nothing but the best and their knowledge and attention to detail was like no other. Throughout the wedding planning process, they were very prompt in responding to all messages. These ladies are truly passionate about what they do and we will miss working with them.

Sent on 10/02/2019

Blessing · Married on 06/15/2019

Best decision Ever

Words cannot express how thankful we are that we had this team for our wedding day. They were extremely helpful through the entire process and always available for help as needed. Our wedding day would have ran as smoothly without them. If you are considering this team for planning or coordination, do not hesitate.

Sent on 06/26/2019

B Astonished Events, LLC's reply:

Blessing! Your day was soooo gorgeous! Thank you for trusting us in making all the decisions for your day and especially the decor! It was so beautiful and we wish you and Thomas forever happiness!

Danae · Married on 04/27/2019

Amazing Team!

At the beginning of our engagement, my fiance and I didn’t think we would need a wedding coordinator. Needless to say...Melissa and her team were a God-send for sure! I booked B Astonished and knew that I wanted to work with this amazing team after my first consultation! Melissa and D’Angela’s knowledge, friendly and joyful attitude and gently suggesting of ideas and timeline made me realize that this would be the right people and that we needed this guidance to ensure everything would come together as I’d envisioned it. I had most of the big vendors done (photography and catering) but they were able to step in and pick up seamlessly, as if she had been there from the very beginning. No matter how busy she was, Melissa always responded to messages very, very promptly. I am going to miss working with Melissa and the team over at B Astonished. We can’t wait for the next big exciting event (that’s how great this experience was). Just about all of our guests have complimented us on how well organized and nice the wedding festivities were and that there did not seem to be any massive confusion about anything.

If you’re hesitating at all – don’t 🙂 We highly recommend Melissa and her team to help you with your wedding planning / coordinating needs. I absolutely recommend them to anyone looking for event/wedding planning services. Also, out of all the wedding planners that I talked to, B Astonished had the best value!

Sent on 06/26/2019

B Astonished Events, LLC's reply:

Awwwww Danae! Thank you for this beautiful review! You will always be one of our favorite brides! The energy you brought is unmatched! We love you!
  • KievR

Kiev · Married on 02/02/2019

An Exceptional Experience!

If something actually went wrong on my wedding day, I didn't know it because De'Angela and Melissa had it all handled!

I was a pretty organized bride but knew that I didn't want to deal with much of anything as the day drew near, so I was actively on the hunt for a month-of coordinator. Based on a recommendation from my photographer, I reached out to BAstonished Events. Had I known beforehand that they were going to be that fantastic, I would have just sprung the extra cash for them to plan my entire wedding!

Their online portal and checklist was phenomenal in helping me to keep my end of things on track. De'Angela was always available to answer my questions on even the most mundane of things. Her attentiveness to detail and promptness left me completely comfortable with letting go of the reins the last month before the wedding.

On the day of, I was able to focus on just being a happy bride and enjoying the moment because they had everything covered. They made sure all the vendors were punctual and had everything they needed to set up and throughout the evening, they ensured that me and the groom had everything we needed as well. I received absolutely zero complaints afterwards about the logistics of anything and that's all because of BAstonished.

I'll definitely be tapping them in the future when I have another big event to pull off.

Sent on 07/01/2019

Jessica · Married on 10/20/2018

Experience of a Lifetime

Melissa and D’Angela were absolutely AMAZING I would recommend them to every engaged couple in the world if I could. You won’t be disappointed with their services! They always had solutions and were always pleasant and chipper whenever you called them. Thank you so much ladies for making my wedding a memorable experience!

Sent on 10/22/2018

B Astonished Events, LLC's reply:

Thank you so much Jessica for the kind words! We really enjoyed working with you and Raymond! Congratulations again!

Allison · Married on 10/06/2018

My Epic Wedding

The B Astonished Team made my most special day the most perfect day.

Sent on 01/21/2019

Allison Neal · Married on 10/06/2018

Amazing Professional Duo

Melissa and De’Angela were recommended to us via family friends and we are so happy we got connected with them. What’s better than one awesome wedding planner? Two?! Yup, that’s exactly what we got — two amazing wedding planners. They both took the time to understand my style and vision. While I was very indecisive but wanted to plan my wedding in 9 months, they both helped me decide on vendors and guided me with all proper formalities quickly. Regardless if the vendor meeting was just picking out the DJ or going over floral plans, I could always count on at least one of them to be there. On the wedding day, everything went smoothly and I literally had NOTHING to worry about. I had the wedding of my dreams and for that I cannot thank them enough.

Sent on 08/07/2019

Taylor · Married on 09/14/2018

If you want quality wedding planning services,Bastonished is your team. This entire wedding process has been a total breeze because of Melissa and D’Angela. They were on top of ALL details since day one. I am beyond thankful I chose them to be Tyriek & I Wedding planners.Any and everyone that I come across that even mention marriage I recommend Bastonished. Their professionalism , attentiveness and great recommendation of vendors really made our wedding one to talk about in our city. Thanks so much Bastonished!!!! I am OVERLY satisfied ??

Sent on 09/10/2018

Brittney · Married on 09/02/2018

Melissa and De’Angela were amazing to work with. From our initial planning meeting/consultation, we felt at ease with them and comfortable trusting our vision in their hands. Throughout the months leading up to our wedding, they maintained constant communication and were always there to respond promptly to any of our questions no matter if it was a text message, phone call, or email. What we loved most about planning our wedding with them is how collaborative the planning was. We were able to assist in the planning process along the way and they provided their expertise and knowledge as well as a resource of vendors that aligned best with our theme. It is clear that they love what they do because they took really took the time to get to know us as a couple to better understand what we wanted for our wedding. Additionally, these ladies have such beautiful spirits about them. They are kind, thoughtful, organized, attentive, detail-oriented, and professional.

About a month prior to our wedding they responded to all of our vendor communications and answered all logistical questions on our behalf, which really took some of the stress off of us and to-dos off our plates. On the day of our wedding, we were met with a few challenges outside of anyone’s control and they were able to calmly and quickly resolve them without it significantly impacting the wedding day timeline and without us even noticing! We were able to completely relax and actually fully enjoy our wedding day knowing that Melissa and De’Angela were there to keep us on track, protecting us from any issues that may have arose throughout the day.

These women plan and execute BEAUTIFUL weddings all while remaining kind, considerate, and professional. Never once did we feel overwhelmed while planning because they were there to support us. We would recommend them to anyone who is planning a wedding and doesn’t want to deal with the hassle of worrying about anything on their wedding day.

Sent on 10/08/2018

B Astonished Events, LLC's reply:

Thank you so much Brittney + Antonio! Y’all were the perfect example of an “Astonishing Couple”! We will truly miss working with you!!!
  • Monica

Monica · Married on 03/24/2018

Melissa and De'Angela from B Astonished are top of the line wedding and event planners! I am so glad that I hired them for my wedding day. Despite me hiring them only for my Day of Coordinators, they still supported me throughout my entire planning process. When I had general questions they answered them and gave the best advice on how to handle some of my planning blues. The advice they gave was spot on about rentals and vendors I was considering. Once my wedding day was 30 days out we had an official planning meeting to flush out the day of logistics and final contract negotiations I had left and they went into "Boss Mode" making sure I didn't have anything to worry about on my wedding day. The also gave my husband and I the most thoughtful gift that we were able to use on our wedding day.

I felt like I had two new "BFF's" who wanted to make sure they did everything in their will to make sure my wedding day was perfect. Including making sure we were able to enjoy our meal during the reception. So many guest were trying to come to our sweetheart table to say hello and take photos, but they detoured anyone attempting interrupt our dinner away until we were done eating. We were able to enjoy our full dinner, which is something I never see a bride and groom get to do.

These two ladies are professional, efficient, resourceful and beautiful inside and out! I could not have chosen a better team that I could trust in ensuring my day was perfect. Thank you again ladies!

Sent on 04/23/2018
  • Dinesha

Dinesha · Married on 12/10/2017

I am so very pleased with the service B Astonished Events provided for my December 10, 2017 wedding! My wedding planning process went extremely smooth due to their flexibility and responsiveness. The extensive knowledge they have in this market paired with their high-level of professionalism allowed my wedding day to be flawless! They were able to assist me with ALL of my planning needs -- from venue selection to simple reception decor. Both Melissa and De'Angela are a pleasure to work with and I highly recommend B Astonished Events for your next event/wedding. They are truly the best in the D.C. Metropolitan Area!

Sent on 12/25/2017

Shannen & Kim · Married on 11/18/2017

Words will never be enough to describe the ladies of B Astonished Events! They were amazing in every way during our planning process and on wedding day. They thought of every little detail and brought our vision to life. I am a very organized person love things in out of order and I never worried when it came to them. There isn't anything I would have changed or done different on my wedding day and B Astonished ensured that this was true. Shannen and I cannot say thank you enough!

Sent on 11/21/2017
  • Y

Yasmin · Married on 10/08/2017

B Astonished Events made planning for our wedding seamless. They recommended great vendors who made our day more than we imagined. B Astonished was there to answer ALL of our questions...and there were a lot. B Astonished took away a lot of the stress that usually comes with planning a wedding because they essentially told us everything we needed to accomplish and helped us accomplish it all. Most importantly, when our venue questioned some of our decisions, B Astonished relayed the venue's concerns, expressed their own opinion, but at the end presented and supported all of our decisions to the venue. They were absolutely amazing to work with!

Sent on 11/06/2017
  • Brystle

Brystle · Married on 09/23/2017

Melissa and De'Angela were absolutely amazing to work with! From the very beginning they went above and beyond to ensure that our wedding would be everything we dreamed of. They regularly checked on our planning progress, answered any questions we had, provided vendor recommendations based on our wants and budget, and helped us to stay on track with our planning timeline. They were so professional and very organized with keeping track of all of our vendors and creating our day of timeline. The wedding day ran so smoothly! B Astonished ensured that we stayed on track with the timeline and even made sure we had time to actually eat at the reception without any guests coming to our table to interrupt us. To top it off, they are the sweetest ladies to work with. Several of our guests even commented to us after the wedding about how awesome our coordinators were! We definitely recommend them to everyone that wants a stress free wedding day!

Sent on 10/15/2017

B Astonished Events, LLC's reply:

Mr. & Mrs. Guy! Thank you so much for allowing us to coordinate your wedding day! Everything was beautiful and we had such a great time working with the both of you!

Teresa · Married on 09/10/2017

B Astonished Events will become your family during the wedding planning process regardless of your wedding package. You will feel like you are their only couple getting married because they provide you with so much open communication. B Astonished Events will always give the best professional advice for your wedding style and budget. A beautiful skill these Ladies have is professionally letting you know when you are wrong and provide solutions to the situation. You will never feel they are taking over your wedding because it is a family environment created to reach a goal. Which is achieving your dream wedding!

Sent on 09/25/2017

B Astonished Events, LLC's reply:

Thank you Teresa & Paapa for allowing B Astonished Events to be apart of your special day! We really enjoyed working with you both during your wedding planning process!

Ashley · Married on 08/05/2017

B Astonished was a blessing , I don't know how I would of planned my wedding without them. They made the process stress free and enjoyable. I wish I had another event for them to plan.

Sent on 08/08/2017

B Astonished Events, LLC's reply:

Thank you so much Ashley and Cyril for allowing B Astonished Events to plan your wedding day! You were a beautiful bride and handsome groom and we were so happy to be apart of your journey. We look forward to planning future events with you all soon!

Lauren · Married on 04/22/2017

Melissa and D'Angela provided top notch service from the initial stages to planning to wedding day. What we appreciated most is that they put us first and ensured that they fully understood our dream wedding. They did not force their own vision upon us. It sounds simple, but they truly supported us making our day, exactly what we envisioned! Our wedding was EVERYTHING and more. And the best part is that we actually ate lol and enjoyed due to them constantly making sure that we had the best night of our lives, which we did. We highly recommend these two women who truly know their stuff and truly put the customer first!

Sent on 05/06/2017

Tamara · Married on 09/24/2016

These ladies professionalism is out of this world. Even though they were only responsible for day of services they were there every step of the way throughout the whole planning of our wedding. These ladies have a way of making you pull it together and making you feel like everything will be just fine. Their personalities are just as beautiful. I would recommend them to everyone.

Sent on 10/05/2016