Hill Country Native Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

• Ashley
    Ashley S. Getting married on 07/10/2022

Wonderful to work with

Amy and her team were wonderful to work with! As a venue Manager I met with her before the wedding. She was attentive and made sure all the brides wishes were met. She made sure things went smoothly and stress free! She is a true professional, & as a venue we could not have been happier. Thank you Amy!
  • Hanta
    Hanta T. Married on 11/14/2021

Effortless Wedding Day Professionally Planned

Not only did I have the best time at my wedding, but all of the memories I have of it , not one was me stressing out about the small details, I could just enjoy the moments with my husband, family and friends. Amy was so professional and personable from the moment we secured her as our wedding planner. She was always responsive and helpful before the big day and then completely hands-on the day of!

Due to the fact we had gone over the timeline several times leading up to the wedding, I knew pretty much what to expect - but every moment felt so right and so smooth, it was nice to have those moments to really soak it all in, because it really does fly by. I still get emotional thinking of how much I loved my wedding, and how everyone couldn't stop raving about how much of a good time they had. Every ounce of wedding planning stress was worth it and with Amy it was a breeze.
  • Alyssa
    Alyssa A. Married on 10/23/2021

Helped make everything perfect!

I interviewed maybe 3 planners and right away Amy made me feel like she cared about our vision and what we wanted on our day.

We went with the month-of coordination package because I already had most things planned out. At around the month mark, Amy and Allie took over all vendor communication and created a complete schedule of arrival times for vendors and all the events.

I was feeling stressed the week of the wedding and they were able to meet with me again and reassure me that everything was going according to plan. They helped us decorate the venue the day before and corralled everyone for the rehearsal.

They also helped me pull off a pre-ceremony event at an alternate location and ensured everything was set up so that everything would run smoothly on the day. I had forgotten an element to our table centerpieces and by the time I arrived at the venue, everything was complete and perfect.

Having Amy at the reception took a huge stress off of me. She made sure all the vendors were doing what they were supposed to do and when and when I had questions or corrections, she took care of everything. She boxed everything up at the end of the night and it was totally streamlined and ready for us to pick up the next day. It seems like a small thing, but she also found my husband’s Yeti somewhere, rinsed it out, and made sure it made it into our bag at the end of the night.

I really enjoyed working with Amy & Allie and I highly recommend them.
  • Kiki
    Kiki H. Married on 10/08/2021

Exceptional

Amy was exceptional from the very beginning. Planning a wedding can be very stressful and she did such a great job of keeping us calm and helping us with every little detail. I would not have chosen any other person to help plan my wedding! HIGHLY recommend.
    Natalie H. Married on 04/24/2021

Cannot go wrong with Amy!

From the initial phone call to post-wedding, Amy was absolutely phenomenal at helping me navigate everything for my wedding. Amy cares! She took so much time to make sure I was comfortable with every detail and would often send me text messages to check-in and make sure I was doing okay. The day of the wedding was PERFECTION. Amy is not only amazing at what she does, but she is an amazing person who cares deeply about what she does and also cares about the people she works with. You cannot go wrong with Amy!
    Lizzy S. Married on 04/07/2021

Amazing women

Amy is a dream, I couldn't have pictured a better wedding day and I have her to thank. She definitely had her share of obstacles as well but she took care of everything (my family, missing floral, crazy little boys) she didnt even look phased, by the end of the day I had the most stress free and amazing wedding! Couldn't recommend more.
    Chloe T. Married on 03/20/2021

Amazing coordinator!!

Amy was amazing! I got married in October during this pandemic. With everything going on Amy made the whole process a lot easier. She was very helpful and gave great recommendations for other vendors. My wedding was a dream come true and I know that Avenue Q and Amy played a big role in making that happen.
  • Reina
    Reina I. Married on 03/13/2021

Outstanding Wedding Coordinator

We cannot thank Amy enough for her time, efforts, and talent. We hired Amy for the full planning package for both the wedding and rehearsal dinner, and she is a dream to work with!!! We live in Houston and planned a wedding in Fredericksburg and were so grateful to work with Amy since she had wonderful connections with local vendors.

Amy is a delightful person to be around, and was incredibly organized and helpful throughout the whole planning process. She helped keep us on track and on budget, and made the most outstanding vendor recommendations - she truly brought together a dream team to bring our vision to life. And the best part, she truly shined on the wedding day. My husband and I knew everything was in good hands even though our wedding day was one of the windiest in recent memory, and with a pretty significant chance of rain!! My family and bridal party were extremely complimentary of Amy and her team on the day of - they were fun and kind and made sure everyone knew where to be an when, and took care of everything so that my husband and I, and our families could just relax and enjoy the party. Your wedding coordinator plays a huge role in your wedding day and you won't regret hiring Amy to be that person!
  • Marie
    Marie P. Married on 11/14/2020

Best of the best!

Amy was simply the best choice I made during the wedding planning process. Each time I spoke to her I instantly felt more calm and knew the details would work out. She answered all of our many questions with such grace and by the end of the process I just wanted to be her best friend. She swooped in to fix multiple issues that arose (for example our florist dropped out due to health issues and she had a better option within a day) and didn’t drop a beat. If you’re looking for the prefect planning partner to help ensure your big day is beautiful— please do yourself a favor and contact Amy!
  • Erika
    Erika L. Married on 11/07/2020

Above And Beyond

Amy Crowson at Avenue Q was an absolute DREAM to work with! Not only did I feel that she was professionally the right person for the job, I personally felt that she had a strong desire to make our day special and wow, she delivered!! Amy is one of the purest and kindest souls I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. She went above and beyond with every single request or task I threw her way. She constantly encouraged and reassured me throughout the wedding planning process and put me at ease during so much anxiety. I can't say enough fantastic things about Amy and her team, she is a dream maker and deserves so much praise!!
  • Erin
    Erin D. Married on 10/31/2020

Simply the best

Stop looking—you’ve found “the one.” Amy is the wedding planner you always dreamed of.

The value that Amy will bring to your wedding—and your wedding planning experience—is too great to quantify. Not only is Amy incredibly organized and professional, with extensive contacts and resources for every single part of your wedding, Amy is also warm, calm, patient, and (my personal favorite!) incredibly fun to work with and to be with. I feel so fortunate and so proud to have been one of her brides.

Amy also made the actual process of planning a wedding a true delight. She worked closely with me, my now-spouse, my mom and my sister—across three different states!—and kept everyone in the loop. She took our ideas and made them happen or made them even better; where we had no idea what we wanted, she was able to make suggestions and fill in the gaps. Communication was seamless at all points. I felt incredibly taken care of and that she was always, always looking out for my interests. The things we had planned for months were realized beautifully when the time came, and the inevitable last-minute requests and hiccups were handled almost before they arose. Amy worked with us not only on the wedding itself, but on welcome and farewell events that same weekend—and every single detail of all three events was executed to perfection.

I honestly cannot imagine how our wedding could possibly have been more beautiful, more perfectly timed/coordinated, or better in any way at all. Amy made all of it happen. She led the teams from the venue, caterer, DJ, florist, hair/make-up, and photographer graciously but efficiently. And while I know she did an enormous amount, the truth is that she did more than I will ever know about, as she handled every single thing during the wedding weekend and let me and my family just enjoy it. I was able to relax and truly experience my wedding, knowing that I was in the best of hands and that everything was running smoothly.

And a note for those planning a wedding during the coronavirus: Planning a wedding during a pandemic is no one’s first choice, but Amy made it work. It was incredibly important to us that our wedding was safe for everyone—for family, guests, and vendors alike. Amy helped us set the tone and to ensure that we were as safe as possible.

I highly, highly recommend Amy to any couple looking for a beautiful wedding, an enjoyable and exciting wedding planning experience, and the feeling that someone is looking out for you every single step of the way. Amy is simply the best.
    Sabrina S. Married on 10/09/2020

Love amy!

Don't hesitate - HIRE AMY!!!! I had to replan the majority of my wedding to an intimate "micro-wedding" with just a couple months to spare (thanks covid), and I don't know what I would have done without her. Everything I would think/stress about, she was already on top of it & had things on the way to being solved. She is such a calming presence and knows Hill Country like the back of her hand. I always had full confidence that Amy would take care of things! It was such an incredible weekend and I'm so thankful she helped in such big ways to make it what it was. Love love love her!
    Melissa Married on 10/03/2020

Great wedding consultant

Avenue Q was my daughter’s consultant for her wedding in October. Amy was very pleasant to work with. She had great ideas and was open to our suggestions. Amy was a calming presence during a time that can be stressful.
    Madison Married on 09/26/2020

Amy is amazing!

Amy is AMAZING to work with! She knows her stuff and is very helpful and responsive. Would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a wedding coordinator or event planner!
  • Caitlyn
    Caitlyn P. Married on 09/19/2020

Best Coordinator Ever!

I cannot say enough great things about Amy or Avenue Q! My husband and I were married this past September, in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic. Amy was so supportive and wonderful through it all. We basically changed every single plan in a matter of one month, and Amy is the main reason our intimate ceremony was executed so perfectly. She thought through every detail and worked flawlessly with all of our vendors to make the ceremony and dinner afterward magical. She pulled off a perfect day, and I'm so grateful.

Not only does she execute her weddings perfectly, but Amy is wonderful to have as your support system. She made Jake and I feel so loved, special, and cared for throughout the whole wedding process. I truly do not know what I would have done had she not been there every step of the way. Probably had 700 major meltdowns.

Amy - we love you! Do not hesitate to book Avenue Q as your wedding coordinator. I promise it will be everything you hoped for!
  • Elisa
    Elisa J. Married on 03/28/2020

Perfect Hill Country Wedding Planner!

Amy is who you want at your side for your wedding day. I highly recommend Amy as the best wedding planner anyone could ask for. I count her now not only as a friend too but as a sister after all that she did for us. I was a COVID bride and everything shut down right as we were going to have the wedding and reception. We had a small church service and Amy was there to help me with the dress since we could not have more than a few folks (and I was missing my bridesmaid) and she rescheduled all of the vendors - twice! At our much later reception she was there and helped with a dress emergency and made sure all the vendors were in place and everything was orchestrated seamlessly. In the planning process she knows all the vendors so was able to help take my wedding vision and translate that to the caterers, florist, and photographer. Amy highly organized ! Additionally, she is so cheerful and positive - the energy that you need when planning a wedding!
    Kyle B. Married on 12/10/2019

First Class- Highyl Recommend

We worked with Amy for over a year. She went above and beyond throughout the entire process. She was always readily available to help us as needed. She got us out of a few pickles in the planning process and even stayed later than her alloted time on the wedding night to make sure things were perfect. Highly recommend Amy!
    D'ann P. Married on 12/07/2019

Highly Recommend!

I can’t imagine planning our daughter’s wedding without Amy! She was incredibly valuable in dealing with vendors, offering helpful suggestions and advice, and keeping us on track throughout the planning process.
    An event this large seemed overwhelming...so many details!
    On the day of the wedding, however, I was able to relax and enjoy our daughter’s special day, because Amy was completely in control of the many tasks she was responsible for. She was calm, confident, and organized, allowing us to be engaged in all of the festivities, creating wonderful memories!
    I highly recommend Amy!!!
  • Patty
    Patty S. Married on 10/26/2019

Amy is top-notch! The easiest decision you will make!

We hired Amy 9 months in advance of our daughters March 7, 2020 wedding on our ranch. It was easily the best decision we made! She has extensive industry experience and grew up in the hill country so she knows everyone. Not her first rodeo y’all! Her diplomacy skills at organizing and leading the bride,groom, and bride parents through the creation of the wedding event are unmatched. We had to turn our ranch into a wedding venue for 3 days which requires SO MANY more vendors and she knew who could deliver the vision our daughter and her husband were seeking. And then she got Discounts from ALL of them! We cherish her laugh and having her friendship. We are grateful to Amy for bringing to fruition a beautiful memory for all of us. You will want her on your team!
    Corrin C. Married on 10/26/2019

Amazing!!!!!

She was amazing and made sure the day of was perfect for my husband and I. She even found a slip up that our caterer had the wrong date for our wedding and fixed it right away.
    Kelsey B. Married on 09/02/2019

Best wedding planner ever!

Amy Crowson and Ali Smothers are the dynamic duo you are looking for to plan your wedding! I can't imagine getting through wedding season without either of them. Amy found out she was expecting a few months into my wedding planning and that didn't change a THING about her attention to our wedding. Ali jumped right in and didn't miss a beat when it came to our wedding day coordination. We had a partial wedding planning package and I felt like I had full access to both of the girls! From choosing table linens to band recommendations (the list goes on) both girls helped make our wedding dreams come true. Amy and Ali are compassionate, caring, SO sweet and knowledgable in all aspects of the wedding industry; they know their stuff! They won't just be you wedding planners but a new found friends to celebrate you though your next chapter!
  • Tabetha
    Tabetha O. Married on 08/11/2019

Definitely recommend!

I can’t say enough about Amy! I don’t think I could have done this without her....seriously! She worked SOOOO HARD. She took over for me, found ways to help us save money, she responded to all my questions in a timely manner, and basically kicked butt! She’s just beyond amazing!!!!!
    Charla P. Married on 06/21/2019

Amy is awesome!

Amy took my daughter and fiance's wedding wishes and brought them to life! She gave advice and recommendations when needed or asked, but never tried to change the vision (no matter how quirky). Amy's professionalism cannot be exceeded -- she knows the industry and very helpful, but most importantly (to us) so patient, kind and caring. She kept the wedding process/day running smoothly and stress free!! We could not have made a better decision than having Amy/Avenue Q Consulting as a wedding planner. We were blessed to find Amy and so happy to count her as a friend!!!!
    Lexi Married on 04/20/2019

Amy is the best!

I cannot say enough great things about Amy! She is organized, thoughtful, kind, and extremely patient. She used her expertise to make sure that everything ran smoothly and our “wedding vision” was preserved. She made helpful suggestions without pressuring us to modify. Our wedding day had a lot of moving parts and we would not have pulled it off without her-she made sure that the day was completely stress free! We were so grateful for all of her help and cannot imagine anyone else more perfect for the job!
  • Errica
    Errica W. Married on 03/11/2019

Avenue Q is absolute planning PERFECTION!

From the moment I started working with Amy of Avenue Q I knew I was making the BEST decision for my wedding.

She's like working with your best friend, plus all of the planning tools and expertise to execute a flawless wedding day.

I am 100% that OCD/ control freak person when it comes to event planning. I'm not a stranger to the business so I undoubtedly put the pressure on when it was time to release control over to a coordinator. Amy couldn't have been a better, cool, calm and collective person for the job. She instilled confidence in me as we hammered out detail by detail what ended up being LITERALLY the perfect wedding day.

She gave me her full time and attention as we worked through layout, seating, decor and more. She always advised me and reminded me of details I wasn't thinking of and she let me drive when it came to making decisions.

The day of the wedding was no exception to Amy. She was there for me every step of the way and was the smiling face I was before I walked down the aisle - reminding me to breathe, relax and enjoy the day. Thanks to her, I was able to soak in every moment of my wedding and feel confident that everything was executed flawlessly.