Autumn Harrison Photography Reviews

Autumn Harrison Photography 5
  • James

James Atkinson · Getting married on 05/01/2020

Book.....her......now!

Ok, so being the antisocial introvert that I am, I was naturally terrified at the prospect of getting pictures taken of myself with my “way out of my league” fiancé.

From the first email, we knew Autumn was going to be great. Anytime you can throw a random Michael Scott or Chandler Bing quote at someone and they immediately get it, they’re a keeper!

We met with Autumn a month or so before our shoot and she immediately made us excited for what was to come. It felt like she got who we were right off the bat and we were on the same page with what we wanted.

Within the first couple shots we were comfortable enough to let loose and have fun. She put on some good 80s pop jams, and after that we almost forgot that we were being photographed. It (in Chris Traeger voice) was LITERALLY like we were hanging out with an old friend who knew exactly how to make us have a good time.

That being said, if you choose this photographer to do your shoot for whatever reason, our advice is be yourselves, in the end that will get you the most amazing outcome. No matter how weird you feel you are or look, she will embrace that and find a way to make you look good. Take it from me, she found away to keep the light of my ever-receding forehead and hairline 🤪.

Autumn has an eye for great shots, and can come up with great picture ideas right on the spot. Go with her and you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 11/25/2019
  • Tea

Tea Lavender · Married on 12/14/2019

If you want the best, hire Autumn!

So much goodness to say about Autumn, where do I even begin? Autumn came highly recommended by one of my best friends, who worked with Autumn before (wedding, maternity, newborn shoot...) and truly trusted her. I knew EXACTLY what I wanted and didn’t want when it came to my maternity shoot. My friend told me to contact Autumn and share my vision fully trusting that Autumn can make it happen - and she did! From the moment I contacted Autumn, I felt like I’ve known her for years. She was so enthusiastic, friendly, and open minded yet remained super professional and dedicated to make my simplistic, chic in-studio shoot happen. Did I mention that I was a nervous (and awkward) wreck due to this being my first ever professional photoshoot? Looking at the pictures, you’d have no idea! Autumn’s fun personality made my husband and I feel so relaxed and comfortable. She completely boosted my self esteem - I felt like the baddest mom-to-be ever! She was such a pleasure to be around and work with, and the truth lies in her beautiful work. Our photos came out exactly how I wanted - thanks to Autumn - and we cannot wait to share these memories with our daughter.

Sent on 12/29/2019
  • Joncie

Joncie · Married on 11/10/2019

Look no further ... hire Autumn!

Autumn is not only an amazing photographer, but just a really killer woman. I can’t say enough good things about her and what it meant having her as a part of our wedding. It is 100% worth investing in someone who can record your day with passion and professionalism. As Autumn eludes to in her bio, you don’t pay the cover at a Michelin Restaurant just to ask for the two buck chuck. Invest in someone who will do the job well. Here are some of the many reasons I love working with this woman...

1. Her images are true to colors without being afraid of color. I cannot tell you how big of a deal this is!!! Seriously. So many wedding photographers either over saturate, or over expose to create visual interest. It’s gross. They do it to hide their own lack of confidence in their composition and style. Autumn’s content is so well constructed, it’s not fair 🤣 Her images are relaxed and dramatic at the same time with a vibrancy that is timelessly genuine. Leave the filters for Instagram y’all... let this woman show you how it’s done!

2. She will make you laugh and can crack even the most awkward eggs. We did not meet Autumn face to face until our wedding day. Weddings are super stressful and having her walk in and immediately feel like an old friend was incredible. I have several friends, not to mention my husband, who are not big camera fans. Autumn makes everything seem so natural. She may have to come to every major life event we have from now until the end of time JUST to capture the people I love in their most adorable, goofy forms...#job security?

3. Autumn is completely dedicated to her clients and will go above and beyond to make sure you’re happy and comfortable. She was so quick in responding and helping guide us through what our big day would look like, it made us all the more relaxed and at ease. Even after the wedding she continued to help us with questions on accessing the material etc. She’s the one you need to hire.

4. I can tell you how much I love this woman all day long, but at the end of the day my biggest piece of advice to any bride is to hire a photographer you like because of their style. Do research and find out what you like. The last thing you want to do is have to manage your photographer day of. If you like their style, let them do their thing while you sit back and enjoy...with or without a mimosa while getting your hair done. There are maybe a handful of photographers that I can say I’ve ever felt that way around. I am a type A, former photographer, opera singer with opinions about design y’all ; but Autumn knows her craft. She is one of those photographers you get to know, and then let be them. Boy is that awesome.

5. Her images are crack. I joke but it’s true... I’m pretty sure she could shoot my weekly visits to Harris Teeter and I would be totally enamored in a hilarious, wonderful sort of way. She just tells stories SO WELL!! I got the final prints back a few weeks ago, and they are everything and more. Her images are so true to who my husband and I are, and we both feel like she captured not only the literal visuals, but the emotions that were so very warm and full of love that day. She’s a gem y’all! Go ahead and shoot her a request!

Sent on 01/12/2020
  • Abbie

Abbie Westphalen · Married on 09/28/2019

Autumn is all-around amazing

I don’t even know where to begin! Autumn is the kind of person who literally goes above and beyond any & every expectation. She makes you feel immediately comfortable, even if you’re nervous for photos (like me!) and is so easy to chat with and get along with. She is incredibly personable, positive, kind, and fun. She responded to every email I sent her within hours, which was amazing, and she was so helpful with every aspect of my wedding process- even going beyond photography, she helped me create my timelines and was there to work through things with me! All this to say, Autumn is an incredibly hard worker and an awesome human being.

Her photography itself is truly incredible. She captures the essence of each couple perfectly- you can see that from her blog. I really feel like she made our personalities come to life through her photos, which is incredible. She truly has an eye for capturing small moments and I couldn’t be happier to have chosen her to capture the best day my life! Her photos blew me and my family away completely. I will seriously treasure them forever.

If you hire Autumn you will not only gain a stellar photographer but also an incredible support system and a friend, too! She’s simply amazing.

Sent on 10/03/2019

Lauren Carroll · Married on 09/15/2018

We love Autumn!

Autumn was a dream to work with. She made us feel at ease in front of the camera - not an easy feat! She felt like a fast friend and we LOVED how our photos turned out! These are memories we will cherish for the rest of our lives, we are so thankful for her great work. A+, 100!

Sent on 11/14/2018

Teighla · Married on 06/14/2018

Autumn is THE BEST! My husband and I shot an anniversary session with her and we can be pretty awkward in front of the camera together, but Autumn made us feel so comfortable! We laughed and had a blast! She is so genuine and beyond talented. I love her creativeness with lines + light. The moody, raw, realness you experience when you look at her photos is amazing!! I could go on and on...I highly recommend her, especially for your wedding!!!

Sent on 08/07/2018

Lauren · Married on 06/02/2018

Autumn was a pure delight to work with. Throughout the entire wedding planning process, she was there to help, listen, and yelp with excitement as we planned exciting details of our special day. Not to mention, her photos are unbelievably beautiful! My husband and I planned a budget conscious wedding but knew photography was one line item where we wanted to splurge. And we are so glad we did! After all, weeks, months, and years down the road, your partner and the photos are the only things that will remain and remind you of the greatest day of your life. Autumn made us both feel like ourselves which made for photos that truly look like us! We will treasure our photos forever!

Autumn Harrison Photography 6
    Autumn Harrison Photography 7
    Autumn Harrison Photography 8
    Autumn Harrison Photography 9
    Sent on 07/12/2018

Jessica · Married on 05/05/2018

Autumn is a no-brainer. Hundreds of her photos were FLAWLESS! The biggest problem we're having is narrowing down which ones to print :) She's also amazing to work with and so easy going. I highly recommend her!

Sent on 07/25/2017

tim · Married on 09/30/2017

We knew we found the right photographer from the moment we met Autumn. Her energy and excitement only added more positive energy to our big day. She is fantastic! We spent the day and evening together and she captured every moment in fun and creative ways. She's extremely patient as she had to hold my iPhone while I watched a refresher video on tying bow ties! The photos were fantastic and she is delightful to work with on every level. Simply awesome!

Autumn Harrison Photography 10
    Sent on 12/07/2017

Elizabeth · Married on 08/05/2017

Autumn is AWESOME! She did our engagements, my bridals, and our wedding and reception (8 hours of coverage). We live in the Raleigh area, but we wanted to do out engagement pictures in Boone where we met, and she was so excited to make a trip out of it! She makes you feel like you have known her forever and she makes everything so much fun! She covered our wedding and reception by herself, and not one moment was missed. She literally captured EVERY second of our special day! I would recommend her to any and everyone! She is AMAZING! I am putting the link to my photos if you would like to look! (She sends you a link to your photos and then in the meantime she orders a personalized flash drive and keepsake box to keep your flash drives in!) Here is the link! https://service.pass.us/client/event/Rd1m72784909

Sent on 10/05/2017

Laurie · Married on 06/10/2017

As the mother of the bride, I found the family photos prior to the wedding the most hectic trying to gather everyone and coordinate who is in what picture. Autumn couldn't have been more calm and patient willing to do whatever it took to make everyone happy. In addition, at the end of the wedding all guests were given sparklers and Autumn had less than a minute to capture a spectacular photo and she nailed it! That last photo will most likely be blown up and be displayed on the bride and grooms home for years to come!

Sent on 06/14/2017

Angela · Married on 06/03/2017

I've been putting off writing this review of Autumn only because I haven't been able to think about how grateful I am to know her without melting into a puddle of tears. I feel so lucky to have found her, not only because she has given me my most cherished memories from my favorite day, but she was truly there for me (and my husband!) throughout the entire process. From the day we met her for coffee, we knew she was beyond awesome. We were another one of those couples who thought pictures would be, well... awkward, and decided we needed engagement photos to get a little practice in before the big day in June 2017. But with Autumn, we felt like we were just hanging out with a ridiculously talented friend all day instead of a photographer taking *very important* photos. I can't tell you how many times we all broke into laughter, but I have plenty of pictures to prove it! We wanted to include our dogs in the engagement photos, and we'd just moved into our first house together a couple of months before, so we were thrilled when Autumn loved our idea to have the photos done at our home. They were absolutely incredible! She captured us so naturally and made us look like models (according to my mom - thanks, Mom!) at the same time, which is obviously a win-win. My bridal and wedding photos were no exception and somehow exceeded my already high expectations. Autumn is also extremely flexible, reasonable, upfront (about everything, but especially her prices and terms), trustworthy, quick to respond, and always has her clients' best interest in mind. I could go on and on about her amazing personality, humor, etc., but I'll get to the real point you're reading this instead. Choosing Autumn Harrison to be our wedding photographer was the best and easiest decision I made throughout the entire wedding planning process. If you have any doubt, forget it and go email her. She books up fast, so don't waste time thinking about it. Just go do it!

Autumn Harrison Photography 11
    Autumn Harrison Photography 12
    Autumn Harrison Photography 13
    Sent on 10/04/2017

Rachael · Married on 05/13/2017

Autumn was fantastic to work with throughout the entire process! She is a doll...fun, creative and sweet as can be! The few sneak peak photos I have seen on her Instagram page are amazing...can't wait to see the rest! 110% recommend her!

Sent on 06/05/2017

Elizabeth · Married on 05/07/2017

Autumn was awesome to work with!!! A pure delight!! I would definitely use her again!!! She captured so many beautiful moments from our wedding!

Sent on 04/17/2018

Tara · Married on 03/23/2017

Autumn was incredible! She showed so much enthusiasm for our big day! She was super responsive and has such an incredible eye! We would not have changed a thing! We were so blessed to have her with us for our intimate courthouse ceremony!

Autumn Harrison Photography 14
    Autumn Harrison Photography 22
    Autumn Harrison Photography 23
    Sent on 12/17/2017

N · Married on 10/23/2016

Autumn is an absolute gem! Aside from the decision to get married, hiring Autumn to shoot our destination wedding and the post-wedding reception was the best decision my husband and I made. Autumn is disarming and incredibly warm and instantly feels like part of the family. She has an impeccable eye for detail and captures amazing and beautiful moments you will cherish for years to come. Look no further — Autumn is the photographer you need for any moment you want to capture. You will not be disappointed!

Autumn Harrison Photography 24
    Sent on 12/31/2017
  • Erik

Erik · Married on 10/21/2016

Perfect photographer!

Autumn is absolutely amazing! The session we had was so relaxed and fun. She was able to capture us in happy moments with ease and there was never a moment where it felt like a chore to get photos. The pictures have come out amazing and I can not recommend her enough for whatever session you need done. Hands down the best in the business!

Sent on 07/31/2019
  • W

Whitney · Married on 07/02/2016

Autumn is so great! I couldn't imagine working with anyone else. Our wedding and engagement photos turned out perfectly, she is so incredibly talented and a great person to boot!

Sent on 05/19/2017
  • Kelsey

Kelsey · Married on 06/11/2016

We chose Autumn as our photographer because we saw what an amazing job she did with my sister's wedding in January. Autumn is unique because she gets to know you as a couple, what your personalities are like, and she incorporates that into how she photographs you. One of my favorite pictures is just my hands doing the thumbs-up sign because that was a natural shot while I was getting ready. Autumn did an amazing job capturing special moments throughout the day including our detail shots, getting ready with the guys and girls, and random precious moments with me and my groom. She also did a wonderful job of photographing our 20-person wedding party, including small kids as ring bearers and flower girls. We're looking forward to our next big milestone so we can have Autumn there to capture the memories!

Sent on 07/11/2016

Kristin · Married on 05/21/2016

Can't say enough great things about Autumn! From the start I knew she would be the perfect photographer for our wedding. What makes Autumn stand out is her photography blog. She posts EVERY wedding and engagement that she has done. Most photographers only put a few of their wedding and engagement photos. You can see Autumn's range, attention to detail, and passion for her work. She is a super sweet and she truly cares about making your day and photography as special and easy as possible. Days before our wedding I was in a panic about the weather. I was calling and sending emails like crazy to Autumn, she listened to all my concerns for the photography and gave me confidence that everything would turn out beautifully, even walking through the venue and scoping out rainy day photos. Luckily, the weather was beautiful on our big day and we had gorgeous outdoor pictures, everyone loved our pictures. Autumn was also flexible to accommodate our schedules and visions for both our engagement and wedding day photo shoots. Ultimately, the value for her services exceeded other wedding photographers who had similar styles, she offered flexibility with her packages too. So book her NOW!

Sent on 10/08/2016

Molly · Married on 05/14/2016

Autumn is fantastic!!!! She took my engagement and wedding pictures and was not only a blast to work with, the photographs were excellent. My husband and I are not super comfortable in front of a camera but Autumn made us feel very relaxed during our photographs. We got our pictures back very quickly and Autumn was always quick to respond with any questions we had! We highly recommend Autumn to anyone looking for engagement, wedding, or family photos!

Sent on 12/07/2017

Working with Autumn was a blast! Her eye for detail and vision for capturing our wedding day was just what we hoped for! Would highly recommend Autumn to future brides!

Sent on 12/07/2015

Molly · Married on 10/24/2015

teven & I knew when we first met with Autumn she would be awesome, however, we didn't realize just how AWESOME she would be. We hired her to do our entire wedding package, engagement, bridals, and wedding day. We couldn't be more pleased with our experience and the pictures we have!
    She came out to our house to do our engagement pictures. She trucked through the mudd, stepped in cow poop, and did just about anything to capture the perfect shot-- we LOVE our pictures from this shoot and we got so many complements from friends and family. They truly were perfect and captured our personalities in such a great and artistic way. We've already received our sneak peak from the wedding which we got only two days after the wedding - Steven & I were blown away, they are so perfect, we kept looking at them on our honeymoon to relive the day!
    Autumn not only does great work, but she's great to work with, answering any and all questions we had along the way. She did a great job capturing all the little details, even details I didn't think to think about. My family and wedding party loved her personality... And any idea or shot they wanted she was there to get! I highly recommend her for your wedding photographer- it's one vendor you won't regret having !!

Sent on 11/07/2015

Todd · Married on 10/17/2015

Autumn was recommended to us by our florist, and at the time of our initial meeting we hadn't even really looked at any of her work. Within minutes of our first interaction, Patrick and I knew we had found the photographer for us. Not only was she fun-loving and genuinely seemed interested in us, but then she showed us some of her work and it was absolutely amazing! Her brilliant creativity, along with her exquisite use of light and reflection takes her photos to a level above the rest. She shot an engagement session for us along with photographing our wedding day and the photos she captured and produced are nothing short of breathtaking! Autumn is wonderful and so easy to work with, willing to help in any way possible...even answering wedding questions that were completely unrelated to the photography. She is a true gem and WORTH EVERY DAMN PENNY!

Sent on 11/05/2015

Sarah · Married on 09/26/2015

Autumn was amazing to work with! We hired her to photograph our wedding which included an engagement session and we absolutely loved the results. We loved Autumn's work but it was meeting with her that really sealed the deal for us to hire her. She's so bubbly and friendly, and she did a great job making us feel comfortable during our engagement session. Autumn was very quick to respond to emails and was also flexible which was great for us since we had to reschedule our engagement shoot several times due to rain. Autumn is so talented with a very creative eye and our pictures are gorgeous! We were very happy with our decision to hire her and highly recommend her for others planning their special day!

Sent on 11/04/2015