Austin Catering Reviews

Austin Catering 5
  • Katy

Kathryn Wing · Getting married on 10/24/2020

Wonderful experience so far

Everything with Austin Catering has gone wonderfully smooth so far. We are currently working with Lisa and love her laid back style and top notch customer service. We also really love how flexible they have been with all of our food, plans, etc. The food at our tasting was amazing and we are so looking forward to showing off the menu for our guests come wedding day!

Sent on 08/16/2019

Brianna Turney · Married on 11/09/2019

Amazing food any service. Anyone in Austin looking for a caterer should look no farther.

We used Austin Catering for our wedding this past weekend and we were SO IMPRESSED. The food tasted wonderful and the buffet line went so smoothly and guests couldn't complement the food enough. The wait staff were phenomenal and made sure every guest was taken care of, especially myself and my husband. The bartenders were absolutely amazing. There was never a line and yet everyone had a drink in their hand the entire night.
    We had the pleasure of working with Lisa throughout our wedding process and she was absolutely wonderful. She was incredibly responsive and made sure every single detail was exactly the way we wanted it.
    To make things even better, Austin Catering was BY FAR the most reasonable caterer we spoke with. If you are getting married or have an event in the Austin area, don't waste your time looking at another caterer. Austin Catering is the best!

Sent on 11/12/2019

Lindsey · Married on 10/19/2019

Happy Hearts + Happy Stomachs

Thank you so much Austin Catering Company! We had an amazing experience working with Austin Catering! From the first taste testing all the way through till the end, Kristin and her team was supportive, receptive and a fast responder to all communications. As a long distance planning bride, I appreciated their professionalism and attention to detail. Once we teamed up with Austin Catering I never had a moment of anxiety about the food! During the wedding they took care of all the guests and paid particular attention to make sure my husband and I were happy. Now weeks later I am still dreaming about how delicious the food was! Everyone was happy and had full stomachs!

Sent on 01/23/2019
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 09/14/2019

Flexible, budget-friendly, SO tasty!!

Lisa and Austin Catering are AMAZING. They are so flexible and accommodating and can literally make any dish happen for you! She even had the waiter's attire go with the theme of my wedding without me even asking. I have received SO many compliments on the food at my wedding, and Austin Catering was able to do it all well within my budget! I highly recommend this caterer for your wedding or other events.

Sent on 09/17/2019

Caroline Neal · Married on 09/14/2019

Great Taste, Great Service

Austin Catering provided excellent food and bar services at a reasonable price! Our table settings were beautiful (which they provided) and everyone loved the Texas BLT Bites for the appetizers! Even 5 days after the wedding, people have still told me how much they loved the food and the blue goblets at the tables! Their servers were very polite and happy to be helping us, which made our day much more enjoyable! We constantly had servers asking to help us as well! Great food and even better hospitality!

Austin Catering 6
    Sent on 09/20/2019
  • Mekenzie

Mekenzie · Married on 08/24/2019

The BEST in the business!

We had the pleasure of working with K.D. at Austin Catering and have nothing but great things to say! Throughout the whole planning process, it was clear that K.D. was very knowledgeable and a great resource to go to for advice and suggestions. One thing that really made Austin Catering stand out to us was the way they plate their food. I was very hesitant to do a buffet style food service at my wedding, but seeing their food presentation and how everything was plated on beautiful serving dishes and not standard chaffing dishes was a huge plus! Most importantly though, the food was absolutely INCREDIBLE! Our friends and family raved about the food and drinks - specifically the smoke salmon. I am still amazed that they were able to keep the food tasting so delicious when feeding around 200 people. The whole evening truly couldn't have been better and Austin Catering played a major role in making it so special. I only hope to one day plan another event in Austin so that we can use Austin Catering again!

Austin Catering 7
    Austin Catering 8
    Sent on 09/30/2019
  • Kerri

Kerri O'brien · Married on 08/11/2019

Delicious!

Austin Catering was such a great choice!! Everyone keeps raving about how great the food was! All of it was gluten free (including desserts) and it was so delicious. The catering staff were so quick and continually filled the buffet seamlessly. They were very caring to my husband and I and even packed up a plate and desserts for each of us to take with us. The bartenders were great as well, I don't recall a line ever forming and we had 130 people. Seriously I cant recommend this catering company enough! I worked with Susan and she was so organized and wonderful to work with!

Sent on 11/12/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah Horvath · Married on 07/19/2019

Perfection and fun!

Austin Catering was great to work with start to finish. The caterer manager, K.D., was easy to work with, down to earth and professional every step of the way. She guided the process with excellent care, a steady hand and 5-star accommodations. She took care of everything we needed and there was never a moment that we didn't feel loved and cared for by K.D. and her entire team. Now, the food...the food was excellent! We had a tasting and that was so much fun and it helped us make the final decisions about the wedding menu. We had pork with chimichurri, pecan-crusted chicken with peach chutney, spring salad with strawberries and chevre, roasted vegetables, penne pasta with tomatoes and basil and rosemary rolls. The menu was delicious and seriously, everyone enjoyed dinner! Oh, and the passed appetizer, fritti artichoke - to die for! The staff could not have been nicer, more efficient and they knew our venue like the back of their hand which was great, we were at Mercury Hall. The start to finish process with Austin Catering was a joy and the food was delicious, I highly recommend them.

Sent on 07/27/2019
  • Carisa

Carisa Hong · Married on 07/06/2019

Above and Beyond Expectations!

Austin Catering exceeded our expectations. Not only was the service amazing, but our guests raved about the food selections. They accommodated our needs and made last minute changes up to the day before our wedding. KD was our point of contact and she went above and beyond with helping us plan out our big day and fit our budget, even when she wasn't in the office. Since we didn't have a wedding planner, she helped us with even the small details that one would usually cover. The staff that worked our wedding were on point - they truly catered to our guests' needs and made sure that we were well fed and well served. They even packed us up to-go boxes because they knew we wouldn't have to eat much. I honestly couldn't have picked a better choice for our wedding.

Sent on 07/19/2019
  • Meghan Leigh

Meghan Leigh · Married on 06/15/2019

Best Catered Meal We Have Ever Had

I cannot say enough good things about Austin Catering. K.D. was so wonderful to work with and even went so far as to recreate one of my favorite sides to cook to serve at our wedding for all of our guests. People came up to us all throughout the night and the next day to tell us it was by far the best food they have ever had at a catered event. The chicken was moist & the breading didn't fall off when you were eating it, the tenderloin was perfect, the macaroni and cheese, appetizers, summer salad, every single thing we ate was delicious! Their staff was wonderful & so attentive! Highly highly recommend Austin Catering!

Sent on 06/21/2019

Robby · Married on 05/31/2019

amazing catering service!

awesome food and amazing staff! very tentative to all details!!

Sent on 06/13/2019

Kate Storm · Married on 05/31/2019

Absolutely delicious!

Could not have asked for better food or a more beautiful buffet set up!! It's hard to pick a favorite dish, but the Caesar salad and the beef both stood out. Lisa Thompson did an amazing job coordinating.

Sent on 06/14/2019
  • Cole

Cole Crum · Married on 05/31/2019

Top to Bottom Flawless

Lisa and the Austin Catering team are absolutely amazing. I am a chef, and it is quite difficult to impress me. These guys blew me away with their menu, freshness, flavor profiles, and attention to detail. Stellar menu aside, let me tell you, true success is in the details. I had been working with another caterer up until about 3 months before my wedding date, and simply could not continue with the horrible service. I contacted Lisa at Austin Catering, and instantly all of my frustration and stress were wiped clean. Not only was Lisa able to accommodate our date on pretty much zero notice, but she worked with my schedule to get a tasting set up, made sure each and every detail was covered, and turned a daunting task into one I thoroughly enjoyed. And, as if all of that wasn't enough, my wedding vendor MVP award goes to Lisa for this one - 1.5 hours before my ceremony was set to begin, Lisa approached me and informed me that my rental company had not brought any plates!!! Of course, I immediately started panicking. But, before I could even start thinking of what to do, Lisa gave me three options for solutions and simply asked, "Are any of these options unacceptable?". At the end of the day, somehow, she managed to get her warehouse to supply our plates and get them to the venue and set up, all in time, without one more word or concern from there. Austin Catering is now my one and only go-to catering company. I've never been so impressed, top to bottom, with a catering company. If you're still in the market for a catering company for your special day, look no further.

Sent on 06/14/2019
  • Megan

Megan Paterson · Married on 05/25/2019

Best Catering Service Out There!

I hunted for a while for the perfect caterer. Originally, I wanted to go with something on the cheaper side. The two that my venue suggested never got back to me! I then decided to contact Austin Catering. K.D. was very responsive, answering all of my questions from Day 1! She invited us to an event to try a selection of their dishes. We drove 2 hours after work to go, and we were not disappointed! The food was amazing, and talking with K.D. in person gave me all of the confidence I needed to choose them as our caterer. The price I paid for catering ended up being very reasonable compared other options and was well worth the peace of mind that came with it. On the day of the wedding, the entire staff was amazing. The person running point on dining room set-up did everything I asked and was extremely efficient. He advised me to set up the buffet inside so that my guests were not miserable standing over hot food outside, and he could not have been more right! The head of the bartending made sure he understood my vision on which bars I wanted to use during which parts of the night. There was no detail left out. K.D. continued to do an amazing job overseeing everything on the wedding day as well. I'm a perfectionist and can pretty much always find a point for improvement for any service I use, but Austin Catering exceeded my expectations. I would highly recommend hiring them!

Sent on 08/01/2019
  • Alexsa

Alexsa · Married on 05/19/2019

Absolutely Amazing!!!

Austin Catering was always responsive even if we were a little crazy and not on a schedule. They made time for us to come in and taste everything and really worked with my in-laws budget. We met with them on multiple occasions to make sure everything would go smoothly and Lisa even helped us rewrite our timeline. On the day of the wedding, the caterers did things that they didn't even have to do. They completely organized the tables and linen for our reception and even cleaned up all the tables and chairs at the end of the night. Their food is absolutely to die for and they even made our cheesecake wedding cake. The food was all anyone could talk about and we will enjoy eating it for days. You really can't go wrong with booking them!

Sent on 05/22/2019
  • Inez

Inez · Married on 12/31/2018

Austin Catering was our second tasting. We were thinking of going with the first until we tried them. The food is simply fabulous. They were able to take the idea of a "food experience" for my wedding guest with a theme of southern elegance and bring the vision to life!

Sent on 07/10/2018

Myra Bull · Married on 06/02/2018

Outstanding!!!

The food is excellent! My daughter's wedding was a year ago and I still have family and friends telling me that was the best wedding food ever!

Sent on 07/23/2019

Shannon · Married on 02/03/2018

We thought that we had found the caterer that we were going to use, but then we had our tasting at Austin Catering. Not only is the food incredible (the avocado tacos and braised beef short ribs were game changers), but KD and the catering staff are wonderful to work with. We must have changed our mind at least 20 times on the food combinations that we wanted and KD was flexible and understanding each time. The set up on the day of was beautiful and we could not be happier with how everything turned out!

Sent on 04/21/2018

Debbie · Married on 12/01/2017

We chose Austin Catering for our daughters wedding. We went to tastings at a couple of other vendors also, and Austin Catering was by far the best! We did a buffet and the food was amazing! Everyone raved about how delicious the food was. We chose beef medallions with a horseradish cream sauce, pecan crusted chicken, roasted winter vegetables, smoked gouda mashed potatoes- it was all cooked perfectly! Susan was very easy to work with and we were beyond pleased with the staff and overall experience with Austin Catering Co

Sent on 12/06/2017

Esprit · Married on 11/05/2017

So highly recommend this catering company!! We received so many complements on how good the food was (and you know that's usually not the strong suit of a wedding). We picked Austin Catering because they have DELICIOUS food as well as aesthetically pleasing setups! They actually care about presentation and that is hard to find in a wedding caterer. The presentation and the taste both get 5 stars from us. Kristin was AMAZING to work with throughout the process- she helped with everything from picking linens and helping coordinate rental needs to taste testing and frequent emails and phone calls. So so happy with the service on the day-of and every second leading up to that!

Sent on 11/28/2017

Austin Catering's reply:

Thank you Esprit! It was a joy working with you and I was honored to be a part of you and Emanuel's wedding day!

Kate · Married on 10/28/2017

Austin Catering was the first caterer we tried and we were immediately impressed. We tasted with other caterers as well. Austin Catering quoted the lowest of four caterers we got estimates from, and they had the best tasting food of the three caterers we tasted. They were generous enough to give a free second tasting to help finalize our menu choices. Susan was easy to work with, responded quickly, and made great recommendations. At our wedding, the food tasted just as good as it did at our tasting, which is impressive when cooking for 85 people and not just two. They handled several special requests our venue had for their dishes without any problems. We considered good food to be a very important part of our day, and Austin Catering exceeded expectations. We had several guests telling us it was the best food they had ever had at a wedding - not just good for wedding food, actually very good food! This was our menu (family style dinner):
    stationary hors d'oeuvres:
    trio of dips
    ~traditional hummus~
    ~warm spinach & artichoke dip~
    ~savory wild mushroom & gorgonzola cheesecake, topped with fig-port reduction~ served with crostinis, pita points & focaccia toasts
    passed hors d'oeuvres:
    two-bite “hot & crunchy avocado” tacos: almond, cornflake, & sesame crusted & fried avocado in tiny flour tortillas with honey-habanero aioli & mango-jalapeno slaw
    grilled green chile polenta rounds topped with prickly pear shrimp
    family style salad: spinach & field green salad with pears, gorgonzola, pancetta & cider vinaigrette
    family style dinner:
    herb-crusted beef medallions with bourbon demi-glace & horseradish
    maple glazed house smoked salmon with fig & fennel mostarda
    rustic "1015" onion tart: a savory pastry filled with caramelized sweet onions, gruyere cheese & cream sprinkled with nutmeg & baked to a golden brown
    sweets buffet: brownie bites, chocolate chip cookies, lemon meringue tartlets & sweets buffet: brownie bites, chocolate chip cookie

Austin Catering 9
    Austin Catering 10
    Austin Catering 11
    Austin Catering 12
    Sent on 12/29/2017

Cori · Married on 09/29/2017

Austin Catering Company did an outstanding job with the food for our wedding! We have received such positive feedback on the food and service! They were so easy to work with and had excellent follow through. K.D. was particularly wonderful to work with! We would highly recommend Austin Catering to anyone! :)

Sent on 10/12/2017

Overall great experience! We only did one food tasting and immediately went with Austin Catering. For the price, we didn't need to try any other caterers. We went with a simple beef and chicken buffet and got lots of compliments on the food. Also had tray-passed appetizers and a bartender, no complaints there. Our contact was very responsive and we didn't have any issues. I would definitely recommend.

The only bad thing was that they forgot the silver cake knife and server. I ended up having to use a really ugly knife from the kitchen. I would recommend bringing your own just in case.

Sent on 06/01/2017
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 03/25/2017

We hired Austin Catering for our recent wedding and were absolutely thrilled. Susan was extremely professional, helpful, and patient, and the food was outstanding! We received compliments from so many guests on how incredible the food and service were. If you're considering Austin Catering do not hesitate - book them now and get the shrimp & grit cake appetizers!!!

Sent on 06/01/2017

Jamie · Married on 02/25/2017

Austin Catering truly knocked it out of the park! They were absolutely fantastic. They were extremely easy to communicate with and plan with and all on the day of went off perfectly. The food was delicious - all of the guests were complimenting what they ate. Susan listened to all of wants and concerns and made sure all were addressed. I would very highly recommend Austin Catering to anyone looking for a wedding or event caterer.

Sent on 05/19/2017