Austin Catering Reviews

Austin Catering 4
Austin Catering 5
  • I

Inez · Getting married on 12/31/2018

Austin Catering was our second tasting. We were thinking of going with the first until we tried them. The food is simply fabulous. They were able to take the idea of a "food experience" for my wedding guest with a theme of southern elegance and bring the vision to life!

Shannon · Married on 02/03/2018

We thought that we had found the caterer that we were going to use, but then we had our tasting at Austin Catering. Not only is the food incredible (the avocado tacos and braised beef short ribs were game changers), but KD and the catering staff are wonderful to work with. We must have changed our mind at least 20 times on the food combinations that we wanted and KD was flexible and understanding each time. The set up on the day of was beautiful and we could not be happier with how everything turned out!

Debbie · Married on 12/01/2017

We chose Austin Catering for our daughters wedding. We went to tastings at a couple of other vendors also, and Austin Catering was by far the best! We did a buffet and the food was amazing! Everyone raved about how delicious the food was. We chose beef medallions with a horseradish cream sauce, pecan crusted chicken, roasted winter vegetables, smoked gouda mashed potatoes- it was all cooked perfectly! Susan was very easy to work with and we were beyond pleased with the staff and overall experience with Austin Catering Co

Esprit · Married on 11/05/2017

So highly recommend this catering company!! We received so many complements on how good the food was (and you know that's usually not the strong suit of a wedding). We picked Austin Catering because they have DELICIOUS food as well as aesthetically pleasing setups! They actually care about presentation and that is hard to find in a wedding caterer. The presentation and the taste both get 5 stars from us. Kristin was AMAZING to work with throughout the process- she helped with everything from picking linens and helping coordinate rental needs to taste testing and frequent emails and phone calls. So so happy with the service on the day-of and every second leading up to that!

Sent on 11/28/2017

Austin Catering's reply:

Thank you Esprit! It was a joy working with you and I was honored to be a part of you and Emanuel's wedding day!

Kate · Married on 10/28/2017

Austin Catering was the first caterer we tried and we were immediately impressed. We tasted with other caterers as well. Austin Catering quoted the lowest of four caterers we got estimates from, and they had the best tasting food of the three caterers we tasted. They were generous enough to give a free second tasting to help finalize our menu choices. Susan was easy to work with, responded quickly, and made great recommendations. At our wedding, the food tasted just as good as it did at our tasting, which is impressive when cooking for 85 people and not just two. They handled several special requests our venue had for their dishes without any problems. We considered good food to be a very important part of our day, and Austin Catering exceeded expectations. We had several guests telling us it was the best food they had ever had at a wedding - not just good for wedding food, actually very good food! This was our menu (family style dinner):
    stationary hors d'oeuvres:
    trio of dips
    ~traditional hummus~
    ~warm spinach & artichoke dip~
    ~savory wild mushroom & gorgonzola cheesecake, topped with fig-port reduction~ served with crostinis, pita points & focaccia toasts
    passed hors d'oeuvres:
    two-bite “hot & crunchy avocado” tacos: almond, cornflake, & sesame crusted & fried avocado in tiny flour tortillas with honey-habanero aioli & mango-jalapeno slaw
    grilled green chile polenta rounds topped with prickly pear shrimp
    family style salad: spinach & field green salad with pears, gorgonzola, pancetta & cider vinaigrette
    family style dinner:
    herb-crusted beef medallions with bourbon demi-glace & horseradish
    maple glazed house smoked salmon with fig & fennel mostarda
    rustic "1015" onion tart: a savory pastry filled with caramelized sweet onions, gruyere cheese & cream sprinkled with nutmeg & baked to a golden brown
    sweets buffet: brownie bites, chocolate chip cookies, lemon meringue tartlets & sweets buffet: brownie bites, chocolate chip cookie

Austin Catering 6
    Austin Catering 7
    Austin Catering 8
    Austin Catering 9

Cori · Married on 09/29/2017

Austin Catering Company did an outstanding job with the food for our wedding! We have received such positive feedback on the food and service! They were so easy to work with and had excellent follow through. K.D. was particularly wonderful to work with! We would highly recommend Austin Catering to anyone! :)

• User6303482 · 1+ year ago

Overall great experience! We only did one food tasting and immediately went with Austin Catering. For the price, we didn't need to try any other caterers. We went with a simple beef and chicken buffet and got lots of compliments on the food. Also had tray-passed appetizers and a bartender, no complaints there. Our contact was very responsive and we didn't have any issues. I would definitely recommend.

The only bad thing was that they forgot the silver cake knife and server. I ended up having to use a really ugly knife from the kitchen. I would recommend bringing your own just in case.

• Lauren

Lauren · Married on 03/25/2017

We hired Austin Catering for our recent wedding and were absolutely thrilled. Susan was extremely professional, helpful, and patient, and the food was outstanding! We received compliments from so many guests on how incredible the food and service were. If you're considering Austin Catering do not hesitate - book them now and get the shrimp & grit cake appetizers!!!

Jamie · Married on 02/25/2017

Austin Catering truly knocked it out of the park! They were absolutely fantastic. They were extremely easy to communicate with and plan with and all on the day of went off perfectly. The food was delicious - all of the guests were complimenting what they ate. Susan listened to all of wants and concerns and made sure all were addressed. I would very highly recommend Austin Catering to anyone looking for a wedding or event caterer.

Jill · Married on 12/03/2016

I cannot say enough good things about Austin Catering! They made everything flawless! I received so many compliments on our food, and the service. Susan was such a pleasure to work with. She made everything so easy and stress-free. We were beyond happy with our service from Austin Catering!

Jennifer · Married on 11/05/2016

Austin Catering was wonderful to work with from the beginning and the end result was superb! Louise was our main contact, and she was just amazing - knowledgeable, responsive, collaborative, accommodating, and very kind. We really enjoyed our tasting - the excellent food, vast amount of options and competitive price point sealed the deal for us. I read so many great reviews about the food - and having memorable, just really tasty food was important to us - that I was confident, but wondered if it could really be as good as people were raving about....and, it was! Our guests loved the food - one of my dad's friends who uses caterers all around the state was saying he had never had a meal this fabulous! I highly recommend Austin Catering. They will take care of you, be a pleasure to work with and deliver excellent food and service on your important day!!

Becky · Married on 11/04/2016

Austin Catering was amazing! First, they squeezed us in last minute for a tasting when my mom was in town. Second, we worked with Susan and she was amazing. I emailed her often asking questions and she was always patient with me and always responded quickly. Lastly, they did an amazing job. We had several people compliment us on the food!! They did everything as we requested and we did not have to worry about one thing the day of our wedding. I would hire them again without hesitation! Thank you for making our day the best!

Lauren · Married on 10/22/2016

I was given a recommendation to use Austin Catering for my wedding, and I can see why! They were very accommodating to my budget needs, and helped me cut costs where I could. They were also very professional, and worked well with my venue so there was nothing I had to worry about the day of the wedding. The food was fantastic. We had a southwest style menu (that they helped me come up with), and even though I couldn't afford more than one meat option - I think everyone was very happy with their meal! They are the best in the biz at what they do.

Lois · Married on 10/16/2016

We can tell you that the working relationship and planning leading up to our wedding was a true pleasure. Louise was amazing. She had us completely at ease. The day of our wedding our family and guests said it all and are stilling saying it. Delicious! Amazing! Staff was exceptional! and on and on. It was a blur for us and went by too quickly but what a blessing to know all was wonderful. We have talked about having another affair of some kind just to use their services and eat the amazing, delicious food. Thank you Thank you!

Terrance · Married on 06/18/2016

From the minute that my husband and I booked Austin Catering, we received nothing less than exceptional service. Louise was extremely helpful from the planning process up to our wedding day. Everything went smoothly and the food was amazing -- the "Hot & Crunchy" avocado taco appetizers and the green chile & goat cheese stuffed chicken are must-haves. Thanks a bunch!!

Terrance & Cid

Courtney · Married on 06/04/2016

We loved working with Louise at Austin Catering for our wedding. She was flexible, knowledgable and helped us create a perfect menu. She was patient with all of my questions and very accommodating. It felt like just about all the things I asked for were possible which was really nice. She helped us feel good about our menu choices even when we wanted to make a few tweaks at our final tastings. The servers were attentive and helpful at our reception. We had a buffet that was very beautiful and all of our guests raved about how good our food was. Louise was also very helpful in getting us Whataburger as our late night snack at the end of the wedding. Our guests loved it! I would definitely recommend Louise and Austin Catering to anyone looking for a caterer.

Emma · Married on 06/04/2016

Austin Catering was excellent for our wedding! We chose to go with a non-traditional, appetizer buffet for dinner, and people are still raving about the food! Not only was it delicious, but the presentation was beautiful!! Austin catering really does an A+ professional job! Susan and her team were very accommodating and easy to work with. We changed our minds about menu choices multiple times, and she was so helpful in our decision making process and gave us great advice. Thanks for everything!!

Robin · Married on 05/14/2016

Look for a vendor who has experience and an excellent reputation.

Louise Jewell & Austin Catering were amazing! They were extremely easy to work with & provided great service and amazing food for our wedding. We got numerous compliments on the food and the service. They made wedding planning easy and a lot less stressful! Louise was amazing and always ready to help & easy to communicate with! I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend Austin Catering & their amazing team.

Peter · Married on 05/07/2016

My wife and I used Austin Caterers for our daughter's wedding in early May 2016. We're happy we did. Frankly, it was risky as we were planning the wedding from New York, and had to rely heavily on recommendations. With Austin Caterers, we worried about very little- they are a full service team and did an excellent job. We were picky about the food, and they exceeded our expectations. This is our honest assessment. We have no connection with Austin Caterers outside of having them cater our event and happy to offer our honest assessment to others. Use Austin Caterers as we did. You'll be glad you did. Professional, on time, great customer service and outstanding food!

Michelle · Married on 03/25/2016

We cannot say enough good things about Austin Catering. From the very beginning, Louise made the entire process not only smooth but helped significantly, providing much valued expertise and advice. They provided the food, of course, which was delicious and perfectly tailored to how we had discussed during our tasting (their tasting room is adorable, too!), but they also provided the furniture, linens, etc. Furthermore, Louise came to our house where we had the wedding and advised us on how to lay it out so that the flow would be seemless.

On the day of, they were early, efficient and very nice. The staff was so "invisible" that we almost forgot to tip! Which would have been horrible given how happy we were with everything.

Lastly, they are extremely reasonable with prices. You will get more than what you pay for, and they will work with you to make sure you do not overspend. They are trustworthy, dependable, knowledgeable and generally great!

Daisy · Married on 03/12/2016

I've been working with Christy at Austin Catering, and I absolutely love her. She responds right away, listens to my request and makes me feel like we're in good hands. We went to our tasting a few weeks ago and the food was amazing. I can't wait for our guests to be impressed by our unique menu options.

Holly · Married on 03/11/2016

Booking with Austin Catering was one of the best decisions I made when choosing vendors for our wedding. Our coordinator, Louise Jewell, was helpful and accommodating every step of the way, including meeting me to pick out linens during a special sale time for the rental company. We appreciated her attention to detail, professionalism, listening ear, and flexibility in making our menu choices, and budget, really shine! I would highly recommend Austin Catering to any bride looking for a catering company that is friendly, local, and time-tested. They really take care of everything. We really felt like we got amazing service and very reasonable pricing--well worth the cost. We had several people say that this was the best food that they had ever had a wedding! We were well pleased. Thank you Austin Catering, and Louise Jewell, for helping to make our day so special.

Christy Patton and Austin Catering are AMAZING! Truly spectacular service from the very start - starting with our draft menus and fee proposal and tasting visit - they truly treated us like VIP clients before we even had signed a contract . That level of quality, service and attention to detail combined with SPECTACULAR food was a no-brainer to work with them. Not only was the food, display, timing, details, etc amazing but Christy truly goes above and beyond to organize a wonderful day and honestly helped coordinate my day and details virtually as much as my day-of coordinator. Prices are extremely reasonable and there was an abundance of food! I received rave reviews from guests for weeks after the wedding. I wish I lived in Austin and could use Austin Catering for more events. Amazing!!!