Austin Catering Reviews

Austin Catering 4
Austin Catering 5

Lindsey · Getting married on 10/19/2019

Happy Hearts + Happy Stomachs

Thank you so much Austin Catering Company! We had an amazing experience working with Austin Catering! From the first taste testing all the way through till the end, Kristin and her team was supportive, receptive and a fast responder to all communications. As a long distance planning bride, I appreciated their professionalism and attention to detail. Once we teamed up with Austin Catering I never had a moment of anxiety about the food! During the wedding they took care of all the guests and paid particular attention to make sure my husband and I were happy. Now weeks later I am still dreaming about how delicious the food was! Everyone was happy and had full stomachs!

Sent on 01/23/2019
  • Carisa

Carisa Hong · Married on 07/06/2019

Above and Beyond Expectations!

Austin Catering exceeded our expectations. Not only was the service amazing, but our guests raved about the food selections. They accommodated our needs and made last minute changes up to the day before our wedding. KD was our point of contact and she went above and beyond with helping us plan out our big day and fit our budget, even when she wasn't in the office. Since we didn't have a wedding planner, she helped us with even the small details that one would usually cover. The staff that worked our wedding were on point - they truly catered to our guests' needs and made sure that we were well fed and well served. They even packed us up to-go boxes because they knew we wouldn't have to eat much. I honestly couldn't have picked a better choice for our wedding.

Sent on 07/19/2019
  • Meghan Leigh

Meghan Leigh · Married on 06/15/2019

Best Catered Meal We Have Ever Had

I cannot say enough good things about Austin Catering. K.D. was so wonderful to work with and even went so far as to recreate one of my favorite sides to cook to serve at our wedding for all of our guests. People came up to us all throughout the night and the next day to tell us it was by far the best food they have ever had at a catered event. The chicken was moist & the breading didn't fall off when you were eating it, the tenderloin was perfect, the macaroni and cheese, appetizers, summer salad, every single thing we ate was delicious! Their staff was wonderful & so attentive! Highly highly recommend Austin Catering!

Sent on 06/21/2019

Robby · Married on 05/31/2019

amazing catering service!

awesome food and amazing staff! very tentative to all details!!

Sent on 06/13/2019

Kate Storm · Married on 05/31/2019

Absolutely delicious!

Could not have asked for better food or a more beautiful buffet set up!! It's hard to pick a favorite dish, but the Caesar salad and the beef both stood out. Lisa Thompson did an amazing job coordinating.

Sent on 06/14/2019
  • Cole

Cole Crum · Married on 05/31/2019

Top to Bottom Flawless

Lisa and the Austin Catering team are absolutely amazing. I am a chef, and it is quite difficult to impress me. These guys blew me away with their menu, freshness, flavor profiles, and attention to detail. Stellar menu aside, let me tell you, true success is in the details. I had been working with another caterer up until about 3 months before my wedding date, and simply could not continue with the horrible service. I contacted Lisa at Austin Catering, and instantly all of my frustration and stress were wiped clean. Not only was Lisa able to accommodate our date on pretty much zero notice, but she worked with my schedule to get a tasting set up, made sure each and every detail was covered, and turned a daunting task into one I thoroughly enjoyed. And, as if all of that wasn't enough, my wedding vendor MVP award goes to Lisa for this one - 1.5 hours before my ceremony was set to begin, Lisa approached me and informed me that my rental company had not brought any plates!!! Of course, I immediately started panicking. But, before I could even start thinking of what to do, Lisa gave me three options for solutions and simply asked, "Are any of these options unacceptable?". At the end of the day, somehow, she managed to get her warehouse to supply our plates and get them to the venue and set up, all in time, without one more word or concern from there. Austin Catering is now my one and only go-to catering company. I've never been so impressed, top to bottom, with a catering company. If you're still in the market for a catering company for your special day, look no further.

Sent on 06/14/2019
  • Alexsa

Alexsa · Married on 05/19/2019

Absolutely Amazing!!!

Austin Catering was always responsive even if we were a little crazy and not on a schedule. They made time for us to come in and taste everything and really worked with my in-laws budget. We met with them on multiple occasions to make sure everything would go smoothly and Lisa even helped us rewrite our timeline. On the day of the wedding, the caterers did things that they didn't even have to do. They completely organized the tables and linen for our reception and even cleaned up all the tables and chairs at the end of the night. Their food is absolutely to die for and they even made our cheesecake wedding cake. The food was all anyone could talk about and we will enjoy eating it for days. You really can't go wrong with booking them!

Sent on 05/22/2019
  • Inez

Inez · Married on 12/31/2018

Austin Catering was our second tasting. We were thinking of going with the first until we tried them. The food is simply fabulous. They were able to take the idea of a "food experience" for my wedding guest with a theme of southern elegance and bring the vision to life!

Sent on 07/10/2018

Shannon · Married on 02/03/2018

We thought that we had found the caterer that we were going to use, but then we had our tasting at Austin Catering. Not only is the food incredible (the avocado tacos and braised beef short ribs were game changers), but KD and the catering staff are wonderful to work with. We must have changed our mind at least 20 times on the food combinations that we wanted and KD was flexible and understanding each time. The set up on the day of was beautiful and we could not be happier with how everything turned out!

Sent on 04/21/2018

Debbie · Married on 12/01/2017

We chose Austin Catering for our daughters wedding. We went to tastings at a couple of other vendors also, and Austin Catering was by far the best! We did a buffet and the food was amazing! Everyone raved about how delicious the food was. We chose beef medallions with a horseradish cream sauce, pecan crusted chicken, roasted winter vegetables, smoked gouda mashed potatoes- it was all cooked perfectly! Susan was very easy to work with and we were beyond pleased with the staff and overall experience with Austin Catering Co

Sent on 12/06/2017

Esprit · Married on 11/05/2017

So highly recommend this catering company!! We received so many complements on how good the food was (and you know that's usually not the strong suit of a wedding). We picked Austin Catering because they have DELICIOUS food as well as aesthetically pleasing setups! They actually care about presentation and that is hard to find in a wedding caterer. The presentation and the taste both get 5 stars from us. Kristin was AMAZING to work with throughout the process- she helped with everything from picking linens and helping coordinate rental needs to taste testing and frequent emails and phone calls. So so happy with the service on the day-of and every second leading up to that!

Sent on 11/28/2017

Austin Catering's reply:

Thank you Esprit! It was a joy working with you and I was honored to be a part of you and Emanuel's wedding day!

Kate · Married on 10/28/2017

Austin Catering was the first caterer we tried and we were immediately impressed. We tasted with other caterers as well. Austin Catering quoted the lowest of four caterers we got estimates from, and they had the best tasting food of the three caterers we tasted. They were generous enough to give a free second tasting to help finalize our menu choices. Susan was easy to work with, responded quickly, and made great recommendations. At our wedding, the food tasted just as good as it did at our tasting, which is impressive when cooking for 85 people and not just two. They handled several special requests our venue had for their dishes without any problems. We considered good food to be a very important part of our day, and Austin Catering exceeded expectations. We had several guests telling us it was the best food they had ever had at a wedding - not just good for wedding food, actually very good food! This was our menu (family style dinner):
    stationary hors d'oeuvres:
    trio of dips
    ~traditional hummus~
    ~warm spinach & artichoke dip~
    ~savory wild mushroom & gorgonzola cheesecake, topped with fig-port reduction~ served with crostinis, pita points & focaccia toasts
    passed hors d'oeuvres:
    two-bite “hot & crunchy avocado” tacos: almond, cornflake, & sesame crusted & fried avocado in tiny flour tortillas with honey-habanero aioli & mango-jalapeno slaw
    grilled green chile polenta rounds topped with prickly pear shrimp
    family style salad: spinach & field green salad with pears, gorgonzola, pancetta & cider vinaigrette
    family style dinner:
    herb-crusted beef medallions with bourbon demi-glace & horseradish
    maple glazed house smoked salmon with fig & fennel mostarda
    rustic "1015" onion tart: a savory pastry filled with caramelized sweet onions, gruyere cheese & cream sprinkled with nutmeg & baked to a golden brown
    sweets buffet: brownie bites, chocolate chip cookies, lemon meringue tartlets & sweets buffet: brownie bites, chocolate chip cookie

Sent on 12/29/2017
    Austin Catering 6
    Austin Catering 7
    Austin Catering 8
    Austin Catering 9

Cori · Married on 09/29/2017

Austin Catering Company did an outstanding job with the food for our wedding! We have received such positive feedback on the food and service! They were so easy to work with and had excellent follow through. K.D. was particularly wonderful to work with! We would highly recommend Austin Catering to anyone! :)

Sent on 10/12/2017

Overall great experience! We only did one food tasting and immediately went with Austin Catering. For the price, we didn't need to try any other caterers. We went with a simple beef and chicken buffet and got lots of compliments on the food. Also had tray-passed appetizers and a bartender, no complaints there. Our contact was very responsive and we didn't have any issues. I would definitely recommend.

The only bad thing was that they forgot the silver cake knife and server. I ended up having to use a really ugly knife from the kitchen. I would recommend bringing your own just in case.

Sent on 06/01/2017
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 03/25/2017

We hired Austin Catering for our recent wedding and were absolutely thrilled. Susan was extremely professional, helpful, and patient, and the food was outstanding! We received compliments from so many guests on how incredible the food and service were. If you're considering Austin Catering do not hesitate - book them now and get the shrimp & grit cake appetizers!!!

Sent on 06/01/2017

Jamie · Married on 02/25/2017

Austin Catering truly knocked it out of the park! They were absolutely fantastic. They were extremely easy to communicate with and plan with and all on the day of went off perfectly. The food was delicious - all of the guests were complimenting what they ate. Susan listened to all of wants and concerns and made sure all were addressed. I would very highly recommend Austin Catering to anyone looking for a wedding or event caterer.

Sent on 05/19/2017

Jill · Married on 12/03/2016

I cannot say enough good things about Austin Catering! They made everything flawless! I received so many compliments on our food, and the service. Susan was such a pleasure to work with. She made everything so easy and stress-free. We were beyond happy with our service from Austin Catering!

Sent on 01/19/2017

Jennifer · Married on 11/05/2016

Austin Catering was wonderful to work with from the beginning and the end result was superb! Louise was our main contact, and she was just amazing - knowledgeable, responsive, collaborative, accommodating, and very kind. We really enjoyed our tasting - the excellent food, vast amount of options and competitive price point sealed the deal for us. I read so many great reviews about the food - and having memorable, just really tasty food was important to us - that I was confident, but wondered if it could really be as good as people were raving about....and, it was! Our guests loved the food - one of my dad's friends who uses caterers all around the state was saying he had never had a meal this fabulous! I highly recommend Austin Catering. They will take care of you, be a pleasure to work with and deliver excellent food and service on your important day!!

Sent on 12/04/2016

Becky · Married on 11/04/2016

Austin Catering was amazing! First, they squeezed us in last minute for a tasting when my mom was in town. Second, we worked with Susan and she was amazing. I emailed her often asking questions and she was always patient with me and always responded quickly. Lastly, they did an amazing job. We had several people compliment us on the food!! They did everything as we requested and we did not have to worry about one thing the day of our wedding. I would hire them again without hesitation! Thank you for making our day the best!

Sent on 12/03/2016

Lauren · Married on 10/22/2016

I was given a recommendation to use Austin Catering for my wedding, and I can see why! They were very accommodating to my budget needs, and helped me cut costs where I could. They were also very professional, and worked well with my venue so there was nothing I had to worry about the day of the wedding. The food was fantastic. We had a southwest style menu (that they helped me come up with), and even though I couldn't afford more than one meat option - I think everyone was very happy with their meal! They are the best in the biz at what they do.

Sent on 11/16/2016

Lois · Married on 10/16/2016

We can tell you that the working relationship and planning leading up to our wedding was a true pleasure. Louise was amazing. She had us completely at ease. The day of our wedding our family and guests said it all and are stilling saying it. Delicious! Amazing! Staff was exceptional! and on and on. It was a blur for us and went by too quickly but what a blessing to know all was wonderful. We have talked about having another affair of some kind just to use their services and eat the amazing, delicious food. Thank you Thank you!

Sent on 10/22/2016

Terrance · Married on 06/18/2016

From the minute that my husband and I booked Austin Catering, we received nothing less than exceptional service. Louise was extremely helpful from the planning process up to our wedding day. Everything went smoothly and the food was amazing -- the "Hot & Crunchy" avocado taco appetizers and the green chile & goat cheese stuffed chicken are must-haves. Thanks a bunch!!

Terrance & Cid

Sent on 06/22/2016

Courtney · Married on 06/04/2016

We loved working with Louise at Austin Catering for our wedding. She was flexible, knowledgable and helped us create a perfect menu. She was patient with all of my questions and very accommodating. It felt like just about all the things I asked for were possible which was really nice. She helped us feel good about our menu choices even when we wanted to make a few tweaks at our final tastings. The servers were attentive and helpful at our reception. We had a buffet that was very beautiful and all of our guests raved about how good our food was. Louise was also very helpful in getting us Whataburger as our late night snack at the end of the wedding. Our guests loved it! I would definitely recommend Louise and Austin Catering to anyone looking for a caterer.

Sent on 07/10/2016

Emma · Married on 06/04/2016

Austin Catering was excellent for our wedding! We chose to go with a non-traditional, appetizer buffet for dinner, and people are still raving about the food! Not only was it delicious, but the presentation was beautiful!! Austin catering really does an A+ professional job! Susan and her team were very accommodating and easy to work with. We changed our minds about menu choices multiple times, and she was so helpful in our decision making process and gave us great advice. Thanks for everything!!

Sent on 08/28/2016