Asal Studios Reviews

71 | Washington, DC

71 Reviews for Asal Studios

Prithika Stern · Married on 06/08/2020

10/10 Would Recommend!

Asal is incredible! I live in Colorado but had my wedding in Virginia. Asal and I were not able to line up our schedules before my wedding so we weren't able to book a trial. Despite going into it blind, Asal did a phenomenal job. She listened to what I wanted and checked in with me along the way to make sure I was happy with each step. The makeup she used lasted all day and didn't look or feel caked on/heavy. Asal was a dream to work with-- I would highly recommend her services (in fact, I did! My best friend is also having her makeup/hair done by Asal for her big day.)

Sent on 11/13/2019
  • Kelsey

Kelsey Ritchie · Married on 05/30/2020

Incredible Experience!

Asal was amazing- we had to cancel our original wedding due to COVID and had a small, family-only ceremony in DC. Asal did my hair and makeup and my mom's hair and makeup and we both were so impressed! She was SO easy to work with and so so sweet. I had so many compliments on my hair and makeup from friends and family on the live stream! She was the best!!

Sent on 06/19/2020
  • Daniela

Daniela Kostyaneva · Married on 05/30/2020

Gorgeous, flawless makeup!

Asal did an outstanding job with my wedding hair and makeup. I had to make some changes to the arrangements due to COVID and reschedule the reception to December, but still went forward with the wedding ceremony in May as originally planned. Asal was very flexible with all the changes. She is easy to work with, and was very patient with all my requests. The airbrush makeup turned out absolutely flawless and lasted all day. I received many compliments on it! I'm looking forward to working with Asal again in December for my reception. I highly recommend Asal - you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 06/20/2020
  • Jessica

David M Fouts · Married on 11/23/2019

Amazing Hair and Makeup

Asal and her team were absolutely amazing! I did a hair and makeup trial before my wedding and it looked awesome, closer to the wedding I decided I wanted to tweak my hair and Asal was very willing and able to do/change whatever I want on the day of. My makeup was flawless, I had never done airbrushed makeup before, but was so glad I did, and I loved my hair. I would highly recommend Asal to anyone, she is very sweet, professional, she traveled to my location, and my bridesmaids were raving about loving their looks!

Sent on 12/06/2019
  • Yasmeen

Yasmeen · Married on 10/05/2019

Absolutely loved Asal and her team

I looked through a lot of makeup artists for my wedding and loved Asal's style so much more than anyone else I saw. My bridal party all wanted pretty different looks, and Asal and her team gave everyone exactly what they wanted, whether it was a more natural look or something more dramatic. I absolutely loved my wedding makeup and hair, and all of our hair and makeup stayed perfectly intact for 15 hours or more. Asal also has a really good eye and instinct for what would look good with your dress and the general look you're going for, even if you're unsure of exactly what you want, which was enormously helpful to all of us. I'll definitely be recommending her to all my friends and relatives who get married or have big events.

Sent on 01/01/2020
  • Oana

Oana tibu · Married on 09/01/2019

Outstanding experience

Asal was absolutely amazing to work with. She is professional, reliable and very skilled. She made me feel very relaxed throughout the entire process and I trusted her completely. She was able to accommodate my trial on a late afternoon, listened to what I wanted and after the trial I booked her on the spot. I will say that I was very picky with my hair and makeup and prior to finding her I went to a few trials and none of them turned out the way I was envisioning. Finding the makeup/hair artist was the most difficult thing for me in the wedding planning process and I was so thankful when I met Asal. Everyone in my wedding party loved their hair and makeup. I couldn’t have made a better choice by selecting her.

Sent on 11/18/2019

Maggie Comstock · Married on 08/30/2019

The perfect hair and makeup

Asal was wonderful to work with. She listened to everything that I wanted for my hair and makeup and delivered the perfect "amped up" but natural look for my bridesmaids and me that lasted all night. I'd definitely recommend Asal's services!!

Sent on 10/26/2019
  • Chloe

Chloe Wang · Married on 08/03/2019

Great makeup artist and hair stylist

Asal is really a professional makeup artist and hair stylist. I had her as my wedding makeup artist and hair stylist for my mom, mother in law and myself. She was able to do my makeup and hair style very close to what I asked for. Great work!!!

Sent on 08/06/2019
  • Ishmael

Ishmael Alkazzaz · Married on 07/27/2019

Royal makeup

I highly recommend Asal for bridal hair and makeup. If you are looking for an elegant, classy, royal and clean look. I guarantee you Asal will be s your to go to person for hair and makeup . I love her attitude and her flexibility.

Sent on 08/03/2019

Caroline A Moreland · Married on 06/22/2019

Highly recommended

I loved my hair and makeup! I highly recommended Asal. Her and her team did an amazing job.

Sent on 07/25/2019
  • Smeera & Matthew

Smeera & Matthew · Married on 06/16/2019

Great Experience!

When I was looking for a makeup artist for my Pakistani American fusion wedding, I wanted to find someone who had experience working with Pakistani brides but could do more natural looking makeup (I am not a fan of the heavy, cakey-looking makeup that typical Pakistani brides have). After reading reviews and looking at pictures on wedding wire, I came across Asal, who seemed to be exactly what I was looking for. During the trial, Asal listened to my concerns and vision and translated it into the look I was going for. She offered recommendations but was not pushy. On the wedding date, she and her assistants were on time and pleasant and helped relax me. She was able to give me and all my bridesmaids looks that we were happy with (even the pickiest of bridesmaids were happy with their look). Would definitely recommend Asal. You will be in good hands!

Sent on 06/20/2019

Bahareh · Married on 05/26/2019

Asal is a wonderful artist and fabulous to work with!!!

Couldn't have picked a better makeup artist for my wedding. She is amazing! So sweet & very responsive - I knew immediately after my trial that I wanted her for my big day. I told Asal I wanted nude lips, smokey eyes and lots of lashes- she nailed it! I still looked like myself and the makeup lasted from noon until after mid night. She did makeup & hair exactly as I asked her! I can’t recommend her enough! Definitely book her for your wedding! :)

Sent on 06/19/2019
  • Julie

Julie · Married on 05/18/2019

Gorgeous hair and makeup!

I was so glad I hired Asal and her team of beauticians for my wedding day. She personally did my hair and makeup, and all the makeup of my bridal party while her assistant did the hair of all of the bridal party members. During my hair and makeup trial, Asal worked with me/my complexion/my style to find a look that worked for me and made me look natural. We tried out several different eye makeup styles and Asal was very patient with me through the entire process (even though I changed my mind about both my hair and makeup several times!!). A few days before the wedding, we had one additional person who decided to get their hair and makeup done Asal was easily able to accommodate for that extra person. She was not only a pleasure to work with, but she was so kind and so wonderful to be around. She is clearly a very skilled hair and makeup artist - the pictures speak for themselves. But what they don't show is how pleasant and easy she is to work with. I highly recommend hiring Asal for your wedding day - it was one of the best decisions I made!

Sent on 07/09/2019
  • Anjelika

Anjelika · Married on 05/11/2019

An amazing person and artist!

Asal was truly a pleasure to work with. This past weekend she did wedding hair and makeup for me, five bridesmaids, my mom, my MIL, and my aunt. What really impressed me, and is a huge reason why I chose to work with her, is that she knew how to compliment everyone's different features and skin tones. She made every single one of us feel like queens and we all got so many compliments! I appreciate her so much for making me feel special and beautiful on such an important day, highly recommend!

Sent on 05/17/2019

Andrea · Married on 05/04/2019

Accommodating, friendly and talented

Asal did an amazing job with both the hair and makeup for me and my bridal party. She gave everyone what they wanted and we were all happy with the results. Asal is also very accommodating and friendly. I would definitely recommend to any future brides.

Sent on 05/14/2019

Elizabeth · Married on 04/13/2019

Best Hair and Make Up!

Asal was perfect! First and foremost, she is so sweet and kind. We had a blast getting ready in the morning and she fit right in! She is so incredibly talented in hair and make up. She listened to exactly what each bridesmaid wanted and delivered. My mom rarely wears make up and only wanted a very natural look. Asal was so sweet and gave her a little mascara and blush and foundation and my mom was so happy! Our hair and make up lasted all night and we got so many compliments on our eye lashes. She is the best and I feel so lucky that she was a part of our big day!

Sent on 04/15/2019

Maya · Married on 04/06/2019

Gorgeous makeup by Asal

I reached out to Asal a few weeks before my Indian-American wedding due to an original makeup artist cancelling last-minute, and it was one of the best decisions! Asal was extremely responsive from the very beginning - discussing the wedding needs for my family and me, then scheduling a trial to fit our needs and style. The day of, she was timely, professional, and such a pleasure to work with. Everyone was raving about their gorgeous makeup and hair. She has a great eye for style and takes direction well. I would recommend Asal to anyone looking for a fabulous artist!

Sent on 05/02/2019
  • Katey

Katey · Married on 03/09/2019

Best Hair and Makeup in DC area!

Asal did my hair & makeup as well as the makeup of my 5 bridesmaids, my mom, and mother in law and she did an incredible job! She was so helpful during this process as she could sense my hesitation with getting so done up. She brought an associate with her who helped do everyone's hair, and she was amazing! My makeup looked flawless and my hair stayed curled all night. She's one of the most reasonably priced in the area but definitely incredibly talented. I am so glad that I chose Asal for my wedding.

Sent on 04/01/2019

Christina N. · Married on 10/27/2018

Bridal Hair & Makeup

Asal did an amazing job with the hair and makeup for both myself and for my bridemaids...her work was flawless and I received so many compliments! We were all thrilled to look our best because of Asal and I couldn't have been happier...she made me feel like the most beautiful bride on my wedding day!

Sent on 11/28/2018

Esther · Married on 10/26/2018

My wedding day

Asal did my hair and make up for my wedding and my mother's as well. She was absolutely amazing. She did my make up exactly how I wanted it.She listened to everything I said and she was a true professional. She made me feel comfortable with her great attitude and her friendly personality.I got so many compliments from my family and friends.I would 100% recommend her to anyone I know. Your wedding is the most important day and if you want to look your best,you should go with Asal❤️

Sent on 11/15/2018

NalRao · Married on 10/24/2018

Flawless makeup for my wedding

Asal was absolutely fantastic. Asal did my hair and makeup for my wedding this past weekend. She also did makeup for 8 other women in our party and they looked absolutely gorgeous. I did a trial hair and makeup with Asal and was extremely pleased with her work. Asal is a true professional and willing to work with you...she was able to accommodate some changes from the trial. She listened to what I wanted and made it happen not only with me but all the women in our party. Our makeup stayed on flawlessly through the end of the night. There's no doubt that I would absolutely recommend her and use her services again! Thank you Asal.

Sent on 10/24/2018

Azita Harris · Married on 09/21/2018

Very professional, friendly and super awesome.

Asal is an amazing makeup artist and hair stylist as well an amazing person. I am a very difficult client to work with and I know that but she made sure she understood how I wanted my look for the wedding and she was very patient. Can't thank you enough Asal, you are super awesome!

Sent on 10/28/2018

Kim O · Married on 09/01/2018

Fantastic!

Such a wonderful woman and so great at what she does! She will make you feel so special on your special day, I highly recommend!

Sent on 11/15/2018

Aramesh · Married on 08/18/2018

My bridal look

I had Asal do my hair and makeup for my wedding and she was beyond professional yet extremely personable. I ended up looking flawless and she listened to what I wanted exactly!

I showed her a picture of the look I wanted and she replicated the look so easily. My groom/husband could not stop giving me compliments on how amazing my makeup looked without being too over the top.

I felt stunning and relaxed the day of my wedding and it was all thanks to her!

Sent on 08/06/2019

Sharon · Married on 08/11/2018

Asal did such a great job with both my hair and makeup for my recent wedding! She did it exactly as we had planned during the trial and was able to complete the makeup for all of my bridesmaids and my mom and mother-in-law. Although I started to get a little worried when it seemed like we may run out of time before the limo was arriving to pick us up, she remained calm and reassuring and was able to finish in enough time. I would definitely recommend her!

Sent on 09/04/2018