45 Reviews for Asal Studios - Professional Makeup & Hair Artistry

Wedding Party Makeup (3)
On-Site Makeup (3)
Licensed (2)
Natural Makeup (2)

Asal did such a great job with both my hair and makeup for my recent wedding! She did it exactly as we had planned during the trial and was able to complete the makeup for all of my bridesmaids and my mom and mother-in-law. Although I started to get a little worried when it seemed like we may run out of time before the limo was arriving to pick us up, she remained calm and reassuring and was able to finish in enough time. I would definitely recommend her!

Profile Picture Sharon, 8/11/18, 6 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

If you are looking for a fairy to turn your bride into a princess on your wedding day, Asal is the one!
She is very professional and passionate to help her brides with everything she could.
Received a lot of compliments from our guests.
Highly recommended!

Profile Picture Matt, 7/8/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Hair, Makeup, Updos/Styling, Airbrush Makeup, Contour Makeup, Eye Makeup, Makeup Trial

Having Asal as my makeup artist for my wedding was the best decision ever. It was a heat wave in DC when we got married and we took pictures outside, I was melting from the heat but my make up was untouched and on point! She came early to set up, was very responsive and flexible throughout the months leading to my wedding especially with the number of people I had in my party. She was definitely a reason for my calmness on the day of while everything else was going on. I would highly recommend her to anyone.

Profile Picture Elnaz, 7/1/18, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Asal was wonderful! She and her fellow stylist quickly and beautifully did the makeup for 10 people (including myself) in one morning! She truly captured what we each wanted, including up-dos, braids, and beautiful waves that lasted all day! I could not have been a happier bride, I felt beautiful all day and not a smudge was to be found! I don't believe I had to retouch anything all day. She was so kind and considerate to each one of my bridesmaids, the MOTB, the MOTG, and my grandmother too! Every person complimented us and the photos looked amazing. Ten out of ten, would love to work with her again.

Profile Picture Nicole, 5/20/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Asal did my hair and makeup for my wedding, along with my 5 bridesmaids' hair. She was wonderful! My bridesmaids were all very happy with their hair, and I was thrilled with my hair and makeup. I received so many compliments on both. Asal is great handling anything thrown her way too. We did a trial run and I thought I was happy with the way the makeup was, but I decided a couple days before the wedding that I wanted to go with a different look. The morning of the wedding I described what I was thinking, and Asal absolutely nailed it! She was great going with the flow and made me feel very relaxed, and is really nice. Definitely recommend her!!

Profile Picture Jessica, 5/12/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Asal is an amazing makeup artist & hair stylist as well an amazing person. First of all, she made sure she understood how I wanted my look for the wedding. I had trial makeup with others too but Asal’s was different, she took at more care to make me look the best just for the trial makeup also. Very professional and friendly, I felt so relaxed with her being around during the stressful events. I made the best choice for myself for the wedding. Thank you so much Asal for being super awesome.

Profile Picture Likitha, 5/10/18, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I could not say enough great things about Asal! We planned a wedding in under a month and I contacted Asal the week of my wedding and luckily she was available! She did my hair, my daughters hair, and my moms make-up! Let me just say, my hair NEVER holds a curl. I have gotten it done many times before and never have I ended the night with my hair staying. Asal worked magic! My hair stayed perfectly all night even after hours of dancing and jumping around. She was such a pleasure to work with and I look forward to hiring her again for all my hair and makeup needs!

Profile Picture Parisa, 3/24/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Asal was great! She worked around our time frame, very sweet, attentive and easy to work with. My family and I loved working with her and wouldn't trust anyone else with our hair/makeup.

Profile Picture Sahar, 3/17/18, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Eye Makeup, Makeup Trial, Hair, Makeup, Updos/Styling

I had the pleasure of having Asal prep me for my wedding. Everything was very easy from the begining. She always returned any of phoncalls and texts promptly. She is amazing, very talented, friendly, caring, and patient. She made sure I feel comfortable and listened to what I wanted and requested. I highly recommend her for any event.

Profile Picture Kathy, 3/3/18, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

I had Asal for my bridal makeup and hair, and I could not have been happier. She is a very talented artist, yet so humble. I first had a trial session with her, and I was very impressed with her work that day. I asked her for some last minute changes on the day of, and she easily accommodated my requests. After seeing the photos of my trial makeup, my mother decided to have Asal for her makeup and hair on my wedding day as well. She was very much satisfied too. I should note that Asal is very professional and personally very patient. My apartment was a bit hectic on my wedding day while she was working, yet she easily managed to keep herself and us focused so that we could be ready on time. She also has a calming attitude which is much appreciated on the wedding day. During the wedding, I received a lot of compliments about both my makeup and hair. Overall, I think Asal is a 5 star artist.

Profile Picture Papatya, 1/14/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Asal was truly amazing. She listened to exactly what I was looking for and paid close attention to the details. She did all the necessary steps to ensure my look was long-lasting, not too overdone, and still fresh-looking regardless of all the dancing and photos taken. My bridal party was hard to work with too but she managed to deal with all the challenges and varying personalities without a sweat! Very professional. I highly recommend Asal and her team!

Profile Picture Y, 10/22/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Updos/Styling, Airbrush Makeup, Eye Makeup, Makeup Trial, Natural Makeup, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup, Consultations, Group Discounts, Hair, Licensed, Makeup

Asal is AMAZING, she is a true artist! Her attention to detail with both my hair and makeup, along with the makeup for my bridesmaids, was nothing short of perfection! We were receiving compliments the entire evening which is exactly how long everything lasted. Asal is very patient, sweet-natured and her prices are extremely reasonable. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND Asal, she will have you looking and feeling like a queen!!

Photo for Asal Studios - Professional Makeup & Hair Artistry Review - My hair and makeup came out the exact same as the trial.
Photo for Asal Studios - Professional Makeup & Hair Artistry Review - Hair and makeup lasted all evening.
Photo for Asal Studios - Professional Makeup & Hair Artistry Review - I received compliments on my hair and makeup all night.
Photo for Asal Studios - Professional Makeup & Hair Artistry Review
Photo for Asal Studios - Professional Makeup & Hair Artistry Review - Makeup Trial
Photos
Photo for Asal Studios - Professional Makeup & Hair Artistry Review - Hair Trial
Profile Picture Wendy, 9/1/17, 10 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Asal is such a talented makeup artist and she will make you look flawless! She's so sweet and knows what she's doing! I highly recommend going with Asal Studios.

Profile Picture Dana, 8/19/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Asal is an amazing makeup artist. Her work is a masterpiece. My wedding makeup was beautiful and I received so many compliments :)

Profile Picture Ishraq, 8/12/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Asal's work is unbelievably flawless! She did a great job with my makeup and hair in addition to her great personality, flexibility and she is really considerate. She was able to understand what I wanted for my makeup and hair and translate into a beautiful art. I contacted her a week before my wedding (that happened on a Monday) and she accepted to work with me. If you are looking for an amazing makeup artist you may consider Asal and you'll be as amazed as I was!

Profile Picture Mariana, 8/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Hair, Makeup, Updos/Styling, Airbrush Makeup, Contour Makeup, Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup

To put it simply Asal is wonderful! Not only is she immensly talented and skillful at what she does, she is one of the more caring, customer service focused individuals that I have ever encountered. I recieved numerous compliments for my hair and make-up the day of my wedding and my experience with Asal filled my day with confidence knowing that I looked my very best. I will trust and recommend Asal for future events with confidence. It is always reassuring to know that you have great talent available when needed. Not only is Asal a great talent, her personal touch is unmatched.

Profile Picture Yalda, 6/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I had the pleasure of working with Asal and her team for 4 wedding related events and I couldn't be happier with her and her services. Asal is a skilled makeup artist and hair stylist and she made us all (including myself, the bride) looks our best. I will continue to go to her for any furniture events as I'm so satisfied with her wonderful work.

Profile Picture Jasmine, 6/10/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Asal did a beautiful job on my hair and makeup, as well as my mom and my two sisters, for my wedding day. She listened to exactly what I wanted and her work came out even better than I had ever imagined. I received so many compliments and felt like a princess. Asal is an absolute pleasure to work with - she is funny, upbeat, and kind and she helped keep my stress levels down on my special day. I'd recommend her to any and all brides in the DC area!

Profile Picture Elham, 5/20/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Contour Makeup, Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, Natural Makeup, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup, Hair, Makeup, Updos/Styling

Asal is like the meaning behind her her name. She is as close to perfection you can get and will not be disappointed which is transparent in her work! Imagine, it was just one week away from my wedding and my mother and I didn’t have our hair and makeup booked, any other bride would have freaked out.

Asal was highly recommended by where I do facials (Nilou Spa), the combination of prepping my skin and Asal's art made me feel like a bride, I am extremely grateful that we all crossed paths!

I went to Asal for my hair and makeup trial one week before my wedding; she worked with my mom and I to create the look we envisioned and was very accommodating making minor changes after for our wedding. I had her do both airbrush (trial) and foundation (wedding), both lasted all night. I highly recommend future brides to do their first and hopefully only trial with Asal for both bridal hair and makeup.

Further, bridal hair and makeup trials are very important and a must, as they set the tone, and is a chance for brides and their artist to be acquainted and comfortable with one another. I really appreciate her passion and dedication following up after both the my trial and our wedding, that meant a lot.

On the day of our wedding, she arrived at our hotel on time and waited patiently despite a no show from our rental company which pushed back things. She was an extremely calming presence and took time perfecting every detail. Everyone complimented me on how beautiful I looked and l was the happiest bride ever smiling all night. Also, I will never forget the look of my husband when he saw me walk down the isle, he could not stop smiling and take his eyes off me!

Our hair and makeup lasted all night through the tears, rain, multiple ceremonies, and nonstop dancing without any touch ups. Not to mention beautiful photos! She exceeded our expectations and a genuinely wonderful person. We will book all future events with Asal, and she is just AMAZING!

Profile Picture Sanaz, 5/12/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I would recommend Asal to everyone! She is extremely talented, friendly, and flexible. Also, her prices are very reasonable for this area. I received so many compliments on my bridal shower and wedding hair. My mom did too. Our hair lasted all night! We are Middle-Eastern and our hair is not easy to do, but she is an expert. Look no further!

Profile Picture Leila, 12/29/16, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Asal did an amazing job! She was flexible, understanding, punctual, so nice, personable, responsive and a joy to be with. I appreciated that she checked in a few times before the wedding to be sure of details. She offered a free trial which I really enjoyed. I highly recommend going with a trial so you can get to know one another and figure out what exactly you want. If you book with her she credits the trial cost against the total cost. I learned wedding make-up is much different than the every-day look. She has a way of bringing out peoples' best features and accenting them. I wanted a natural look but wanted coverage for photos. She showed me that adding lashes and a little color to my lips didn't have to be loud but could be complementary to my style. I was so pleased with how my whole bridal party looked (they were too!). I wish I could post pics! Don't wait until the last minute to book your make-up and hair, it's important too. I think her services are a great value.

Profile Picture Lisa, 11/11/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes, Updos/Styling, Consultations, Group Discounts, Hair, Licensed, Makeup

Our kind friend Sherry ,our weeding planer( fresh bouquet by Sherry ) introduce me a best professional markup Artist & Hairstylist in Virginia "Asal". I was absolutely lucky to met her ,, she made real my dream for weeding .
Asal is amazing , friendly ,flexible , lovely sweetheart ,caring, dedicated, talented and patient....
I received so many compliments about my hair & mackup . I will definitely recommend her to all of my friends!
Thanks Asal Jon ????

Profile Picture User7418666, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Asal Studios was amazing. My bridesmaids looked beautiful and I looked perfect! I would recommend Asal to all the brides out there. She makes sure you love it!

Profile Picture Marisol, 10/9/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Updos/Styling, Consultations, Hair, Makeup, Airbrush Makeup, Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes

Asal is a perfectionist when it comes to hair and makeup and the end result truly shows! She not only nailed my vision, she exceeded expectations. Her attention to detail is incredible. I had the pleasure of meeting Asal through a mutual friend. Right away I could tell why our friend spoke so highly of Asal. The way she carries herself through friendships is the same way she carries herself professionally.

The same week I met Asal, my bridal shower was a few days later. The morning of my shower, Asal invited me over for a hair and makeup trial. I was absolutely blown away! My hair and makeup was flawless!! I received endless compliments that day!

Unfortunately I had already booked my makeup artist and told a childhood friend that she could do my hair for the wedding. The hair trial with my friend ended up being a complete disaster. That day, I made an emergency call to Asal. Thankfully she was still available on my wedding date and I booked her immediately!

On the day of the wedding, my makeup artist was good but didn’t understand my vision like Asal did. As I walked into the bathroom where Asal was styling my bridesmaids hair, she could see the look on my face (as much as I tried to hide it). Without missing a beat, she shut the door behind me and took action immediately. Asal, corrected my makeup and it looked stunning!

I honestly don’t know what I would have done without her! She went above and beyond on things that I didn't even ask her to do. I am truly blessed that our paths crossed. Asal and her team will forever be my go to whenever I need my hair and makeup done professionally.

Your biggest fan,