Arts Ballroom Reviews

Arts Ballroom 3
Arts Ballroom 4
Arts Ballroom 5

Raina · Married on 10/11/2019

beautiful vendor, outstanding service and food

This venue is so unique and beautiful. My guests were wowed. The location is central and perfect, the food was amazing and the coordinator Kayleigh was so quick to respond and customize everything to our tastes. Our guests could not stop raving about our wedding afterwards! So glad I picked this venue

Arts Ballroom 6
    Arts Ballroom 7
    Sent on 11/07/2019
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 10/05/2019

Wow. Just, WOW.

Arts Ballroom absolutely blew my expectations out of the water. This venue was the only one I visited by myself. From the second I walked in over a year and a half ago, I instantly knew it would be the one. I worked with Alaina since last July and I can't put into words how incredible shes been. Her response time is impeccable. She's so consultative and remains calm at all times. She made me feel so comfortable with my decisions but also wasn't afraid to give advice about what may be best or what may need to be altered. I sent her pages of questions and when I went to meet her, she already had them printed out with all of the answers ready to go.

Onto the guest reviews and food. Absolutely incredible. My guests were BLOWN away. I heard them shouting about the cotton candy and milkshakes from across the room. It was like kids in a candy store. On top of that, cocktail hour was absurd. People were raving about the stations, ranging from fondue to steak and the raw bar. I had about 100/160 of my guests actually walk up during the wedding and say it was the best wedding they've been to, including half of their OWN CHILDREN.

Arts Ballroom gave us so much love on the night of our wedding and our attendant was also such a pleasure to work with. She made sure I was taken care of, had water to drink and that I had time to sit down and eat my dinner. They completely calmed me down and gave me quite frankly, the best experience and wedding night ever. Thank you to Alaina and the entire staff (even management on-site) for giving my husband and I an evening that we'll never forget.

If you want a top venue that screams class and elegance, this is your spot. Highly, highly recommended.

Sent on 10/08/2019
  • Talauren

Talauren · Married on 07/26/2019

Consultation

The initial visit was very professional. I couldn’t even think of any questions at the time because they were all answered during the presentation. The space is beautiful and our planner, Alaina has been a delight. She has welcomed as many visits before our wedding as necessary and has been very responsive to my questions via email. I can’t wait for our wedding day!

Sent on 12/14/2018

Steven Johnson · Married on 07/05/2019

Absolutely Amazing

Alaina and her team were the best. For a person that never wanted to get married...I would ABSOLUTELY have my wedding here again. It was the greatest nigh of my life and the venue was perfect. To sum it up:
    - Alaina was extraordinary when it came to pre-planning, answering all of our questions, day of set and making sure all the attention to detail was taken care of.
    - The menu was limitless and we didnt even get the highest package. The feedback from all my guest is that they were full of the cocktail hour appetizers. They said it was the best cocktail hour they have ever been too. The sea bass was great; I highly recommend it. Everything was so good that even forgot about the dessert hour until we saw guest coming out with cotton candy...like who really has cotton candy. They personally set aside for me the root beer float I asked for 6 months in advance.
    The venue options for lighting was great. All of our pictures looked great on the steps. We had plenty of room for a DJ and a salsa band with 12 tables.
    We are very happy that we were able to have an affordable wedding downtown and get more food than we asked for. We honestly had no clue that the package included all the food and drinks that was served. You will be very happy with this venue.

Arts Ballroom 8
    Sent on 09/24/2019
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth Zuckerman · Married on 06/29/2019

In a word: Perfect!

We fell in love with the Arts Ballroom based solely on their WeddingWire profile. When we met with Kayleigh (the next day), we both immediately felt so completely at ease. Every single step of the way, the whole team had our backs, had the answers we needed, and made the process of planning a wedding almost impossibly easy. The day itself was an absolute joy. Our guests were as wowed as we'd been by the beauty of the ballroom, the truly astonishing spreads of food, and the thoughtfulness and care of the staff. (Extra thanks to Linda, who kept a steady stream of tea coming up to the bridal suite when I lost my voice!) Everyone here is amazing, but Kayleigh is amazing even for the Arts Ballroom; her hard work, friendliness, and attention to detail are unrivaled. She's a rock star. Thank you so, so much to everyone for making our wedding even more wonderful than we'd hoped it would be!

Sent on 07/01/2019

Devan · Married on 11/18/2018

My Fairytale Wedding

We want to give the Arts Ballroom a huge thank you and shout for making our day truly magical! The Arts Ballroom allowed for us to bring our wedding vision to life. Everything was absolutely perfect. The servers were excellent. Each server was helpful and willing to go the extra mile. They also were bilingual, which was a huge bonus! Also, Alaina was extremely helpful! She made sure that everything ran smoothly and was great at communicating. We would definitely recommend the Arts Ballroom to anyone that wants their special event to be a true fairytale that will be remembered for a lifetime!

Sent on 11/22/2018
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 11/10/2018

Outstanding venue

I had my wedding at The Arts Ballroom, under the new ownership of John and his brother. From the very beginning, John was very accommodating with the packaging and pricing. After we booked the date, our event specialist Alaina Pacella was ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC! She was what every bride wants. Quick with responses, resourceful, and devoted. I could tell Alaina treated this wedding like it was her own. She found a way to make all of my 'extra' requests happen without any hassle. (free soft pretzels delivered to guests as they left, sparklers, extra food requests..ect.) During the reception, Alaina and John both worked tirelessly to make the event fabulous for everyone! They communicated with my other vendors before and during the event to make sure I didn't worry about a thing!
    It is very rare to have a venue owner work during a Saturday night wedding. That proves how devoted he is to his clients. Our reception ended with a HUGE dessert room which was one of the highlights. All of our guests continue to rave about the food at our wedding.

I would highly recommend this venue to anyone wanting to get married in the city. I chose this venue because it was the best package I saw. The venue itself is very clean and fresh looking; as many others look dirty and worn down.

Sent on 11/17/2018

Marci Fornari · Married on 10/07/2018

a hidden gem in the heart of center city!

The Arts Ballroom is a magnificent hidden gem in the heart of Center City! If you have every dreamed of getting your City Hall wedding shot, look no further this is the venue for you. The ballroom is absolutely stunning, modern but traditional, with high ceilings and amazing lighting. The venue space flows perfectly, and the set up is amazing. The venue has tons of detail that makes it a unique and gorgeous ballroom that your guests will not forget. Beyond the space, the staff are the nicest people I have ever work with. From day one, they made it clear that their purpose was to make our dreams come true. They never said no anything and worked with us to build and menu/contract that fit our dreams. The food was delcious and there certainly was no shortage. I rarely hear people rave about food at weddings, but my guests could not stop talking about how blown away they were. From the cocktail hour filled with lamb chops, sushi, paella and more, to the dessert room with every sweat you could ever dream of including a smores station and donut wall, no one left hungry. Even better was the beautiful bar and amazing top shelf alcohol. The best part of the venue is the amazing event staff. Our coordinator, Alaina, was the nicest most professional person and made wedding planning the least stressful thing ever. She was always so calm and reassuring, and made sure that we had nothing to worry about. She was fabulous at being in contact with all our vendors, and made sure that I never had anything to stress about. She is extremely responsive on email/phone, and always followed up on all our questions. On wedding day she was somehow always everywhere she needed to be, and made sure that we had the best time ever. She checked in with our parents frequently, and really made everyone at the wedding feel cared for. The servers and bartenders were extremely professional and great at their jobs, and had fun the entire night. The owners are great and are very visible, they make sure to attend your prep meetings and they are present for the event to make sure everything runs smoothly. The Arts Ballroom far exceeded any expectations I had for our wedding, and I cannot rave about it enough. It is truly a special place, and any couple would be beyond lucky to get married here! I cannot wait to have a reason to throw another party so that I can have it there!

Sent on 11/05/2018

Kelli K · Married on 10/06/2018

The Arts Ballroom far exceeded our expectations for our special day on Oct 6, 2018.

We cannot say enough about the venue and specifically, John and Alaina! They were absolutely WONDERFUL to work with; answering all of our questions quickly and thoroughly, accommodating all of our requests and simply going above and beyond to make sure our wedding was perfect. Our guests were so impressed with the beautiful venue, outstanding staff and delicious food- we received nothing but rave reviews. Thanks to the Arts Ballroom, John and Alaina for making it such an incredible experience!

Sent on 11/25/2018

Peter · Married on 09/03/2017

We had our ceremony and reception at Arts Ballroom and used Feastivities for the Catering. I was extremely impressed from start to finish with the Ballroom staff in terms of their knowledge and responsiveness. They addressed any major concerns I had with ease and without asking gave me just the right amount of updates on our wedding day. Their security alone stands out to me as just another reason why this is a top venue.

Sent on 09/21/2017

Arts Ballroom's reply:

Thank you for your kind review, we appreciate you and thank you for choosing Arts Ballroom!

Nina · Married on 03/25/2017

I'm so happy that we selected Arts Ballroom for our wedding reception venue. We had a wonderful time and guests also were so happy with the beautiful ballroom! I loved walking down the grand staircase with my husband as we were announced into the reception. The ballroom is beautiful and it had everything we were looking for in a venue! The rooms are decorated so great that not a lot of extra decor is needed. It has a different room for cocktail hour, space to relax with the bridal party (suites upstairs) and a beautifully decorated ballrooms.
    The Center City location is great for guests traveling because there are hotels nearby. There is also a parking lot across the street.

Sent on 04/26/2017

Kathleen · Married on 02/13/2017

Arts Ballroom is gorgeous and very accommodating! I would highly recommend to any couple deciding on a venue!

Sent on 02/13/2017

Arts Ballroom's reply:

Jormas, the manager of Arts Ballroom, went above and beyond to make sure our wedding was perfect. He communicated excellently and helped bridge the gap between us and our often unresponsive caterer (we used Vesper). We bought the Arts Ballroom bar package which we were very pleased with.

Sent on 04/17/2016

Kristen · Married on 04/11/2015

This is a stunning venue and I'm a little surprised it's not harder to book. I think it's one of Philadelphia's better kept wedding secrets. We looked at lots of places for our wedding and picked this because it was just beautiful. Definitely some wow factor when you walk in. When we booked, the Ballroom was exclusive to Stephen STARR catering but now I believe there are other caterers allowed, so I am limiting my review to the physical space itself, which is really lovely. It's in a condo building which is the only unusual thing, but they place someone at the front doors all night to show your guests in and out. I highly recommend this venue. It is great especially for a smaller wedding (we had 90 guests), and the reception pictures are so nice! Also good acoustics, nice bathrooms, nice bridal ready suites as well.

Sent on 05/01/2015

Rachel · Married on 09/15/2018

As soon as I stepped into this magical venue I knew this was the place I wanted to get married. You can't beat the elegance in the room and requires very little extra effort to make it look spectacular. The Arts Ballroom was purchased months after I signed the contract for my wedding. Having a new wedding coordinator/staff and catering company half way through the process can certainly make one nervous however this staff knocked it out of the park. Several aesthetic change and the big undertaking of redoing the kitchen was accomplished on time. All changes that occurred only made our night more fantastic. Our wedding coordinator Alaina was a delight and was there for any and every little question I had every step of the way. The night of our wedding the staff could not have been more accommodating, professional or helpful. Our guests raved about the cocktail hour food (we highly recommend the bacon bar.. people went nuts for it!) If you're looking for an elegant venue in a bustling location with great food and drinks served by a fabulous staff this the place to check out!

Arts Ballroom 9
    Arts Ballroom 10
    Sent on 10/12/2018

Daquan & Jamar · Married on 11/06/2016

Don't second guess yourself! This venue is fantastic and requires very little to make it a beautiful ceremony and/or reception!

Sent on 02/02/2017

Arts Ballroom's reply:

This venue is absolutely stunning! The decor and lighting inside is so classy, and it really requires so little outside decorating, because it is so beautiful on its own. The coordinator, Dan, was very responsive to emails and would even respond to my questions late in the night. On our wedding day, he made sure that every little detail was correct and that the event ran smoothly. Stephen Starr Catering is the exclusive catering for this venue, and the food was fantastic and plentiful. Highly recommend!

Sent on 06/14/2014

Liza · Married on 11/10/2013

Used my own kosher caterer but everyone at the venue was super great to us. The kosher caterer needed to get to the ballroom super early and everyone at the ballroom was on point with what needed to be done to have w Glatt kosher wedding. Dan Dutch is amazing, he runs the ballroom. Place is beautiful one look and you will be I love. The only issue I had was guest complained of the bathrooms not being attended.

Sent on 11/26/2013

Jessica · Married on 11/17/2012

My husband and I chose this venue for our wedding because of the STUNNING ballroom. The venue is absolutely gorgeous, clean and modern. The great location in the city, the fact that it is a relatively new venue, and having a well known caterer made the choice relatively easy. The parking lot across the street from the venue (LAZ) is very convenient for guests as well.
    Communication with the event coordinator wasn't always the easiest (she is SUPER busy at all times). There were also a few communication issues the day of our wedding, which I addressed with her after the wedding and she acknowledged. I'm not going to bash the venue over the communication breakdown that I experienced with the coordinator, but I would certainly do a disservice to future brides if I did not warn you to double check all event details with the event coordinator prior to the event (i.e. table seating arrangement given to venue compared to the actual table setup on day of wedding, what time the coordinator will be leaving during the reception, etc).

Sent on 01/15/2013