Art & Soul Events Reviews

Art & Soul Events 5
  • Chelsea

Chelsea Trimble · Getting married on 06/03/2021

The best experience

Hiring Jessica was the best decision I made for our wedding day. From the first time we chatted on the phone for a consultation I knew she would be great. She handled so many details that I had not even thought of. Everything was communicated to our vendors, timelines were followed and the day went so smoothly. I even had vendors telling me at the end of the night that she was the best coordinator they have seen in a long time. She was calm and understanding of all my needs, even if they were silly. I don't know how brides get through this experience without help, and Jessica is the best.

Sent on 04/15/2019

Blake & Morgan · Getting married on 02/10/2021

Best decision we made--cannot recommend enough!

How did we hear about Jessica? We asked our venue to share the name of their favorite wedding planner. Hers was first on their list. Partnering up with Jessica was the single best decision we made in planning for our wedding. After just a few conversations, she understood what we were going for and helped us bring it to life. She was patient with us when we changed our mind about things, and helped keep us on schedule, even when we were (often) distracted at work. Her reputation led us to great vendors (who naturally want to work with a pro), but she never tried to steer us towards anyone who didn't match what we were aiming for at the wedding. Of course you never really quite know what to expect until the big day itself, and you only get one shot. Given what it had been like to work with Jessica in the months leading up to the wedding, we knew it would go swimmingly. But then she managed to exceed even our highest expectations. Everything came together perfectly. Our wedding wasn't huge by any stretch (~120 guests) but the amount of coordination required for an event that size in the California high desert is no joke. Jessica executed without skipping a beat, up before dawn and the last one to leave the party at the end of a long night. She gave us the best thing a wedding planner can offer: a worry-free wedding day. We spent no time at all fretting about the dozens and dozens of things that could go wrong and all of our time with family and friends. And we trusted her completely to make last-minute decisions on our behalf while we were spending those priceless hours with loved ones. Cannot recommend her enough--we owe her a beautiful wedding and the lifelong memory of a very special day indeed.

Sent on 11/18/2019
  • Jorie

Jorie Aldrich · Married on 10/19/2019

Absolutely the BEST!

Hiring Jessica to plan the wedding was one of the best decisions we made. We absolutely cannot recommend her enough! We worked with Jessica over a period of about 9 months to plan our wedding and she made the entire process manageable and stress-free. From our first meeting, we immediately noticed how incredibly organized and detail-oriented she was, and that she leads with both character and heart. From that point on we knew that our wedding would be in great hands.

One of the most difficult things about planning a wedding in Los Angeles is just the sheer amount of vendors that are available, making it extremely difficult to make smart choices in a timely manner. With Jessica, that wasn’t an issue at all. She recommended the BEST vendors, and all of them top-notch - a testament to the depth and quality of relationships she has built in the wedding services industry. More importantly, Jessica takes it to another level, recommending vendors that fit our style, personality, and aesthetics perfectly, highlighting her amazing interpersonal skills and attention / focus on the client. She took a 1000 different pieces of us as a couple and curated them specifically to our love story by translating them into a perfectly planned, and seamless event!

Our friends kept telling us how monstrously stressed we were going to be 1-2 months before the wedding. That never happened, everything was easy going. Jessica had full command of all the vendor correspondence, schedules, venue requirements, payments, gratuities, set-up, load-in, etc etc. And our vendors also love working with her, and we heard repeatedly on how we'd made a great choice in selecting Jessica as our wedding planner.

As for our actual wedding day, it was an absolute dream come true and exceeded ALL our expectations!! We will be forever grateful to Jessica for giving us the wedding of our dreams!

My new advice to couples getting married: (1) If it's within your budget, you should definitely hire a wedding planner. It will make the process of "getting married" much less torturous for you, and it's the highest "value-to-dollars-spent", and (2) If you're getting married in the greater Los Angeles area you should hire Jessica!

Sent on 11/24/2019
  • Julia H

Ju Hellm · Married on 08/10/2019

An Organized, professional wedding planner created an amazingly Fun, Whimsical, and Stress free Wedding Day!

Jessica did an amazing job planning and coordinating our 2019 wedding at the Ahwahnee Hotel in Yosemite National Park. Even though it was her first wedding at this venue and we couldn’t manage a site visit with her, she knocked it out of the park. She helped us find some key vendors, including the DJ and florist, planned the design and did all the vendor communication, and coordinated the day of. The wedding was beautiful and magical, and everything worked wonderfully, thanks to the hard work she put in. Our only regret is that we didn’t start working with her sooner!

We found Jessica through chance, when we saw her mentioned in a New York Times article on what to do when a natural disaster destroys your wedding venue. She’d helped a number of fellow wedding planners during the Woolsey Fire in 2018, and we thought that her resourcefulness and calmness under pressure were just what we needed.

It was a pleasure to work with her throughout the process. We did a couple of in person meetings, but mostly chatted over video chat and email. She offers a number of packages, and we used the design package (as opposed to the full planning package that includes a venue search and all major vendors). She was kind enough to include a DJ search for us, as we had already found a venue and photographer.

We were impressed by her professionalism, her ability to get things done, her organization and also by how much fun it was to work with her. She made the process of planning and executing a wedding so much less daunting. I was most impressed, however, with her on the day of the wedding. I was so happy that I could truly enjoy my day, and Jessica did SO MUCH WORK behind the scenes to make that possible. She anticipated my every need (flat shoes, glass of water etc) and handled any and all issues with vendors and guests with boundless energy and grace. I am so thankful to have worked with her and I cannot imagine a wedding without her.

Sent on 09/09/2019
  • Victoria

Victoria and Scott Mullin · Married on 05/10/2019

Absolutely amazing. Jessica is a gem! Art&Soul Events made our dreams come true.

Jessica (owner/ lead designer of Art&Soul Events) is a creative powerhouse. She is incredibly organized, efficient, artistic, genuine, and enthusiastic. She did everything she could to help understand what our vision was and then executed it more flawlessly than we could have imagined. The entire vendor team that she compiled was professional and incredibly talented. Most importantly, however, she made my life as the bride SO EASY. Because of her investment in our vision and track record of unique/soulful/beautiful weddings, I trusted her judgment and appreciated her guidance. We did the complete planning package, and I wouldn't have done it any other way. We felt supported and guided throughout the whole process, which made planning a CA wedding from the east coast manageable. This was especially important in the last 6-8 weeks before the wedding! Jessica went above and beyond. We are so grateful that we had the chance to work with such a wonderful planner (and person!). We wish we could do it again! ;)

Art & Soul Events 6
    Sent on 11/29/2019
  • Kelly

Kelly Straw · Married on 05/04/2019

Creative, detail-oriented super-planner!

My husband and I were fortunate enough to work with Jessica on planning our wedding in spring of 2019 and we could not be happier with our experience!
    Planning a wedding can be a stressful and confusing process but having Jessica guide us through each phase took a huge weight off of our shoulders and we could not have done it without her. We had a particular vision for our wedding and she totally got it.
    From day one she was clear, organized, and educated us along the way so we could make the best decisions possible to make our vision come to life while staying within budget.
    She connected us with amazing vendors and was always open to new ideas along the way.
    Our wedding exceeded our expectations and was truly a stress free day full of laughter and happy tears. Some of our guests even wrote us thank you notes for having the best wedding ever (we are biased, but agree!), and commented on what an amazing team of people we had on site. She was so great with our families and her attention to detail even while juggling a million things is seriously impressive. If you are a couple that wants to get creative and have a personalized, non-cookie cutter wedding, Jessica is the wedding planner for you.

Art & Soul Events 13
    Sent on 05/18/2019
  • Calvin

Calvin Liu · Married on 04/19/2019

The glue that pulled/held together every aspect of our wedding!

Jessica was a dream-come-true planner. She brought a ton of experience, guidance, and connections that helped us create a wonderful wedding, and was on top of *every* *single* *detail*. And when it comes to planning a wedding... there are about 50,000 details to be on top of! Our day came together seamlessly and beautifully, and she was behind the curtain pulling together every piece of the day. We did not worry about a single thing. And she is a wonderful person. We were so grateful to have worked with her, and are confident others would be too!

Sent on 09/26/2019
  • Jaclyn

Jaclyn Del Greco · Married on 04/06/2019

Such a dream to work with!

You gave Andrew and I peace of mind on our wedding day. That is something truly meaningful to a couple, but especially the bride. Jessica is truly a gem. If anyone is looking for a wedding planner in Southern California, she is the absolute best. You won’t regret one second of working with her. She made our day, literally.

Art & Soul Events 14
    Sent on 04/16/2019

Alex Lin · Married on 03/16/2019

Jessica Carrillo is The Best Wedding Planner

Jessica Carrillo has all the qualities of the perfect wedding planner. She's highly organized and very detail oriented. She thinks of and plans for every little detail of the wedding. Her vast experience gives informed advice and guidance. And she keeps you on track with the planning including making decisions and budgets. She's got an airtight timeline that she works specifically into what you need. She works easily with your creative. We had a very specific vision of what the wedding was going to look like and feel like and she helped us realize our dream of the perfect one-of-a-kind wedding from working with the venue to florist to the photo booth . So if you have a special vision, she the person that can help pull it all off. She's a great communicator with you, the vendors and all the family & friends. She's very responsive to everyone's questions and needs and every single person feels heard. We can't recommend her enough. We've already recommended her to two good friends that recently got engaged.

Alex & Jessica

Sent on 06/18/2019

Goldie Luna · Married on 10/20/2018

Amazing on all counts!

Jessica is the absolute best thing that ever happened to event planning. She was my go-to gal for guidance, support, and General well-being. She made everything easy & comforted me when I needed it.

Sent on 12/31/2018
  • Kat

Kat Basolo · Married on 09/29/2018

Jess was our wedding fairy godmother!

Jessica was an absolute life-saver in the planning and execution of our wedding. She was recommended to me by friends and once I saw photos of her past weddings, I was convinced she was the wedding fairy godmother for us! She and I met over mexican food for our first meeting and from the very beginning, she was warm, professional and easy to talk to. Jess had really great recommendations for vendors and was a lifesaver in helping me find a florist when my original vendor wasn't available anymore. My now-husband had an idea to surprise me with a special musical performance on the day of our wedding and Jess was able to help him navigate and execute the singing surprise without me finding out anything. When our wedding weekend arrived, I was blissfully unaware of any hiccups or issues because Jess and her team handled them without a hitch. I didn't realize that leading up to the wedding ceremony, we had a crazy wind storm that was blowing everything over because Jess was cool as a cucumber. She made the stressful parts of wedding planning more enjoyable and always made us feel supported in our decisions. Our families and bridal party agreed that Jess was a wonderful addition to our wedding and we will continue to recommend Art & Soul Events to all our friends and family in the future.

Sent on 10/15/2018

Talia · Married on 06/30/2018

Finding Jessica was the key to creating our perfect wedding, especially because we didn’t know what our perfect wedding would look like when we first started planning! Jessica helped us nail down our particular aesthetic, and then expertly executed it. Her recommendations for vendors were spot-on and she assembled a team of true creative experts.
    She made sure that every detail was taken care of, and she was so responsive when we came to her with questions and concerns.

We also quickly discovered that weddings are filled with complicated family dynamics and Jessica provided lots of support with neutral, unbiased advice. With her support, our wedding flowed smoothly and beautifully!
    From day one she was there to guide us, and trusting her professional experience was the best decision we made. I wholeheartedly recommend Jessica, she will make all your wedding dreams come true!

Sent on 07/11/2018

Katie · Married on 03/31/2018

My approach to wedding planning is extremely lax so finding a high caliber professional to conduct the overall vision and design was crucial. My family and I spoke to a couple wedding planners before Jessica, but each seemed a bit cookie cutter which left us unsatisfied. I was getting married in the greater Palm Springs area and wanted to bring in a professional from a more creative and larger metro city such as Los Angeles or New York City.

I was referred to Art and Soul Events by a friend who is a photographer in the wedding industry and I immediately felt a much more bespoke and tailored connection with Jessica in our introductory phone call. In our first conversation, Jessica was extremely candid, forward, but very kind when saying that a tropical vibe was hot and trendy two years ago but was now played out and she instantly won my heart and trust.

It took 6 months to plan the wedding and I felt 100% confident to hand the reigns over to her for full creative direction and vendor recommendation. Jessica also had quite a bit of patience in the very beginning to really sit me down to nail my personal style before moving forward at full speed. She had an excellent process of showing me different options via photos and narrowing into my style and aesthetic by process of elimination.

By the end of this entire process, I felt like I was texting a close friend when it came to high priority communication items that we needed to touch base on. For the actual day of my wedding, myself, my family, and wedding party could enjoy every moment absolutely stress free. Jessica not only excelled in creative direction, putting together the most beautiful aesthetic that truly reflected my personality as well as my fiance's, but was also a grand master at logistics.

I've never been one to dream of my wedding day, nor scan the Pinterets boards for ideas, but after having the wedding that Jessica created - it truly became a magical dream of mine that I never knew I had.

Sent on 04/13/2018

Nadia · Married on 12/17/2017

We found Jessica after seeing her work at our friends wedding. After witnessing her amazing work and extreme care firsthand, we knew that we would be lucky to have her as part of our wedding team. From our first phone chat, Jessica was helpful and graciously agreed to act as our coordinator, even though our wedding was only about 4 months away. We quickly learned that hiring Art & Soul was one of the best investments we could have made. Her work the month of was invaluable as she helped us tie up loose ends and kept on top of details that we had not even thought of during the madness of planning, which helped relieve so much stress and anxiety. On the day of she was everything we expected, wished for, and so much more! Jessica made sure our vision was executed properly and kept our team and day running smoothly, allowing us and our families to soak in the day. Hiring vendors can be scary because a lot of trust is in involved. Jessica made handing off all of my plans and wedding day dreams so easy because she truly supported our vision and her passion for what she does shines through in every aspect of her work. She is a kind, creative, and passionate professional who we recommend wholeheartedly! Thank you, Art & Soul, for being the captain of our wedding dream team!!

Art & Soul Events 15
    Art & Soul Events 16
    Sent on 12/30/2017

Jonathan · Married on 12/09/2017

Jessica was a rockstar wedding planner. We looked at several planners and knew right after talking with her that Jessica understands how to plan a wedding that matches the couple. Planning a wedding has so many nuanced details and decisions to make that it quickly gets overwhelming---and Jessica did ours on a tight timeline (5 months to pull off a destination wedding). Jessica's experience and attitude helped us get through it all. We were impressed with how she was able to guide us in decision-making and help offer her expertise when we had multiple things that needed to be figured out quickly. We appreciated when Jessica respectfully brought up something we were planning that she didn't think would work well --that's what we wanted from a planner. Someone who would listen to us and help our vision come to life but also be honest with us so we didn't shoot ourselves in the foot. Jessica was always accessible from day one and then kicked it into overdrive as the event approached. We will forever be grateful for the extra time and effort she put into our event and all the crazy she dealt with in aligning all of our vendors. There was an insane amount of logistics and everything went off without a hitch the day off...BRAVO! She made us feel like the most special couple on earth, but getting know know her a bit, we are sure this is how she makes every one of her couples feel. We have no reservations recommending Jessica for your most special day.

Sent on 12/30/2017

Amy · Married on 10/21/2017

Jessica is everything you could want and more in a wedding planner. Her sense of style, the way she handles vendors, her incredible rolodex of vendors, and her attention to detail are some of the many amazing qualities that makes Jessica the ultimate wedding planner. She is thoughtful, creative and fun to be around. She made planning easy and took us step by step through the process. And all of the planning paid off because Jessica helped us create our dream wedding within our real life budget. We can’t think of one thing that would have made our wedding more perfect and we have Jessica to thank for that.

Sent on 12/15/2017

Heather · Married on 10/14/2017

Jessica was amazing to work with, both leading up to, and on the day. She is completely professional while remaining personal throughout the entire experience with both my husband and me, as well as with our families. Jessica is a total pro with amazing vendor relationships. Aside from being organized, collected, and on top of her game, Jessica also has creative vision and can help bring your wedding dreams to life, no matter how much or little you choose to involve her. She was flexible in services and budget-friendly recommendations, really proving that she had our best interest in mind. She's the best!

Art & Soul Events 17
    Art & Soul Events 18
    Art & Soul Events 19
    Art & Soul Events 20
    Sent on 10/25/2017

Julie · Married on 09/16/2017

Jessica is the most amazing human being you could ever imagine to be your wedding planner. I worried about nothing on the day of my wedding and everything was pure perfection. She was amazing throughout the planning process and became such a support in that busy time. I have nothing but amazing things to say about Jessica!

Sent on 10/23/2017

Alexia · Married on 08/20/2017

We stumbled upon Art & Soul Events from a blog entry Jessica posted about how much she would love to work on a wedding at our venue, the Paramour Estate in Silverlake, and my mom and I instantly felt comfortable when we hopped on the phone for an interview. We could tell that Jessica was someone who would take care of business and get the job done, and though it was a risk to bring in someone inexperienced with this complicated venue, we felt that she was up to the task.

Although we didn't engage Jessica for design services, her portfolio of work proved that our aesthetics would align and that we could trust her vendor suggestions--all of which were spot on (personalities and service offerings were top notch!). As architects and designers, my (now) husband and I had a very specific vision for our day, and Jessica and her team did not disappoint in executing everything day-of!

Jessica was a BEAST at responding quickly to any and all questions we had throughout the planning process, and her planning tools and checklists (though daunting at times) were extremely thorough and ensured we would not forget a single detail. As our day rapidly approached and our stress levels reached new heights, Jessica was there to walk us through every step of the wedding day logistics and made it a point to check in about what our biggest stress of the moment was, so she could help alleviate and resolve any issues.

Needless to say, our wedding day felt absolutely flawless, and our friends and family had an incredible time. I cannot thank Jessica enough for organizing all the moving parts to ensure our day ran smoothly, and I'm actually a little bummed I live on the East Coast, because I owe her a cocktail or two for doing such a wonderful job behind the scenes!

Art & Soul Events 21
    Art & Soul Events 22
    Sent on 09/28/2017

Rachael · Married on 08/06/2017

When we began our wedding planning process we were sure we could do it ourselves. We are really organized people that work in entertainment and have administrative backgrounds and stage management backgrounds. While all of that helped us throughout the process, having a wedding planner proved to be just as essential as having the food at our wedding!

Working with Jessica was an absolute dream! Her vision, organization, connections to the most high quality and unique vendors made our wedding planning process feel like it was really about us as a couple. We were tired of scrolling through Pinterest. We wanted a wedding that really felt like us. Jessica made that possible by providing great ideas for design, details and ways to get creative while staying on budget. We had a lot of specific ideas and wants: traditional Jewish pre-ceremony and Ceremony, Spanish style food, including my Mexican heritage, and generally making sure this grand event felt comfortable and intimate even if we were planning on 200 guests.

Our venue came with an on site coordinator, but Jessica made sure that they were executing everything the way that we wanted. Having Jessica by your side the day of our wedding will make it so you can be so present for all of the little moments that make the day so special. That feeling is something you can't pay for. We are so grateful to Jessica for that gift.

Sent on 08/19/2017
  • W

Whitney · Married on 05/05/2017

I wholeheartedly and without reservation recommend Jessica to any bride. She was so on top of EVERYTHING (and this is coming from a type A planner of a bride) and I felt completely safe in her hands. I had no worries that she would take care of everything on the day and from the get-go she understood us as a couple and what we were hoping to achieve. So many people have complimented us on throwing such a laid back, easy, grown-up-but-fun wedding. Some even said it was one of the best weddings they had ever gone to! We love Jessica!

Sent on 06/07/2017

Samantha · Married on 04/08/2017

Jessica of Art & Soul Events is seriously a dream come true! We initially found her on Pinterest (crazy I know) when I found photos of a wedding she had done that had previously at our wedding venue near Joshua Tree. We completely fell in love with the look and vibe of that wedding and knew we had to reach out to see if she might be available to help with the design and coordination of ours. From the initial coffee date, we knew that she would be the best investment we would make to pull off the desert wedding of our dreams.
    Throughout our entire wedding planning journey, Jessica consistently kept us on track and on point - whether it was with scheduling our vendors and booking our rentals on time or helping us make sure we stayed true to our vision despite some changes to our overall color palate late in the game.
    Fast forward to the week of our wedding when the weather forecast called for 50 mph winds during the setup of our ceremony and reception. We began to get concerned about what would happen with pieces of our decor such as the place cards and sage wedding favors on the tables and our awesome neon sign but Jessica and her assistant Shane completely handled the situation and pulled off the most beautiful wedding we could ever ask for. Its been 3 weeks since our wedding day and our family and friends are STILL posting photos and talking about how beautiful and perfect the day was and it couldn't have been possible without the guidance and support of Jessica and her team. We can't thank Jessica enough and will definitely recommend her services to all of our wedding planning friends!

Sent on 05/01/2017

Sara · Married on 03/31/2017

Jessica was with us every step of the way as we coordinated our Art Deco dream of a wedding- her experience is invaluable!! Time after time, she would make suggestions and adjustments that had never occurred to us, but made everything flow effortlessly on the day of. We would have been utterly lost without her. It was such a relief knowing that we could get wrapped up in the moment and trust that she would give us a little nudge when it was time to keep things on schedule. The decor was exactly how we had envisioned, and we didn’t have to worry about any setup or teardown. Our wedding was perfect, and we know that we have Jessica to thank for this, working swiftly and tirelessly behind the scenes! We will be insisting that our friends use her for any future weddings.

Sent on 04/29/2017
  • Z

Zak · Married on 03/25/2017

Only hire Jessica if you want someone awesome. If you're thinking to yourself, "I'd like to hire Jessica, but I only kinda want someone awesome", she may not be for you. Make a list of the traits you want out of your wedding planner, Jessica ticks all the boxes.

She's great at understanding and working with family dynamics and strong personalities. She was outstanding at executing our vision and most importantly helped us stand our ground for the things that mattered to us when parents didn't necessarily want or understand.

Its also worth mentioning our wedding was 175 people and was pulled off in 8 weeks...at a venue without running water, no kitchen, and had never had a wedding. From the beginning, we put our trust in Jessica and we were rewarded by doing so with the best day of our lives.

Sent on 05/04/2017

Sheri · Married on 03/25/2017

Planning a wedding is hard...so why do it alone? There are so many details that go into the big day, unless you're on your 3rd or 4th marriage, there's no way to know them all and you don't want to find out the hard way. Jessica, the owner of Art and Soul, knows everything you want your wedding planner to know and more importantly knows everything you don't.

She's organized and focused and kept us on track from start to finish. Most importantly, she helped calm my nerves and kept spirits high when I got overwhelmed along the way. When it feels daunting and scary you want to have an expert on your side to make you feel better, that's Jessica. The best advice I could give to anyone planning a wedding is, don't, make your life as easy as possible, hire the best, hire Jessica, hire Art and Soul.

Sent on 10/02/2017