Art & Soul Events Reviews

46 Reviews for Art & Soul Events

46 Art & Soul Events Reviews
  • Kat

Kat Basolo · Married on 09/29/2018

Jess was our wedding fairy godmother!

Jessica was an absolute life-saver in the planning and execution of our wedding. She was recommended to me by friends and once I saw photos of her past weddings, I was convinced she was the wedding fairy godmother for us! She and I met over mexican food for our first meeting and from the very beginning, she was warm, professional and easy to talk to. Jess had really great recommendations for vendors and was a lifesaver in helping me find a florist when my original vendor wasn't available anymore. My now-husband had an idea to surprise me with a special musical performance on the day of our wedding and Jess was able to help him navigate and execute the singing surprise without me finding out anything. When our wedding weekend arrived, I was blissfully unaware of any hiccups or issues because Jess and her team handled them without a hitch. I didn't realize that leading up to the wedding ceremony, we had a crazy wind storm that was blowing everything over because Jess was cool as a cucumber. She made the stressful parts of wedding planning more enjoyable and always made us feel supported in our decisions. Our families and bridal party agreed that Jess was a wonderful addition to our wedding and we will continue to recommend Art & Soul Events to all our friends and family in the future.

Talia · Married on 06/30/2018

Finding Jessica was the key to creating our perfect wedding, especially because we didn’t know what our perfect wedding would look like when we first started planning! Jessica helped us nail down our particular aesthetic, and then expertly executed it. Her recommendations for vendors were spot-on and she assembled a team of true creative experts.
    She made sure that every detail was taken care of, and she was so responsive when we came to her with questions and concerns.

We also quickly discovered that weddings are filled with complicated family dynamics and Jessica provided lots of support with neutral, unbiased advice. With her support, our wedding flowed smoothly and beautifully!
    From day one she was there to guide us, and trusting her professional experience was the best decision we made. I wholeheartedly recommend Jessica, she will make all your wedding dreams come true!

Katie · Married on 03/31/2018

My approach to wedding planning is extremely lax so finding a high caliber professional to conduct the overall vision and design was crucial. My family and I spoke to a couple wedding planners before Jessica, but each seemed a bit cookie cutter which left us unsatisfied. I was getting married in the greater Palm Springs area and wanted to bring in a professional from a more creative and larger metro city such as Los Angeles or New York City.

I was referred to Art and Soul Events by a friend who is a photographer in the wedding industry and I immediately felt a much more bespoke and tailored connection with Jessica in our introductory phone call. In our first conversation, Jessica was extremely candid, forward, but very kind when saying that a tropical vibe was hot and trendy two years ago but was now played out and she instantly won my heart and trust.

It took 6 months to plan the wedding and I felt 100% confident to hand the reigns over to her for full creative direction and vendor recommendation. Jessica also had quite a bit of patience in the very beginning to really sit me down to nail my personal style before moving forward at full speed. She had an excellent process of showing me different options via photos and narrowing into my style and aesthetic by process of elimination.

By the end of this entire process, I felt like I was texting a close friend when it came to high priority communication items that we needed to touch base on. For the actual day of my wedding, myself, my family, and wedding party could enjoy every moment absolutely stress free. Jessica not only excelled in creative direction, putting together the most beautiful aesthetic that truly reflected my personality as well as my fiance's, but was also a grand master at logistics.

I've never been one to dream of my wedding day, nor scan the Pinterets boards for ideas, but after having the wedding that Jessica created - it truly became a magical dream of mine that I never knew I had.

Nadia · Married on 12/17/2017

We found Jessica after seeing her work at our friends wedding. After witnessing her amazing work and extreme care firsthand, we knew that we would be lucky to have her as part of our wedding team. From our first phone chat, Jessica was helpful and graciously agreed to act as our coordinator, even though our wedding was only about 4 months away. We quickly learned that hiring Art & Soul was one of the best investments we could have made. Her work the month of was invaluable as she helped us tie up loose ends and kept on top of details that we had not even thought of during the madness of planning, which helped relieve so much stress and anxiety. On the day of she was everything we expected, wished for, and so much more! Jessica made sure our vision was executed properly and kept our team and day running smoothly, allowing us and our families to soak in the day. Hiring vendors can be scary because a lot of trust is in involved. Jessica made handing off all of my plans and wedding day dreams so easy because she truly supported our vision and her passion for what she does shines through in every aspect of her work. She is a kind, creative, and passionate professional who we recommend wholeheartedly! Thank you, Art & Soul, for being the captain of our wedding dream team!!

Art & Soul Events 1
    Art & Soul Events 2

Jonathan · Married on 12/09/2017

Jessica was a rockstar wedding planner. We looked at several planners and knew right after talking with her that Jessica understands how to plan a wedding that matches the couple. Planning a wedding has so many nuanced details and decisions to make that it quickly gets overwhelming---and Jessica did ours on a tight timeline (5 months to pull off a destination wedding). Jessica's experience and attitude helped us get through it all. We were impressed with how she was able to guide us in decision-making and help offer her expertise when we had multiple things that needed to be figured out quickly. We appreciated when Jessica respectfully brought up something we were planning that she didn't think would work well --that's what we wanted from a planner. Someone who would listen to us and help our vision come to life but also be honest with us so we didn't shoot ourselves in the foot. Jessica was always accessible from day one and then kicked it into overdrive as the event approached. We will forever be grateful for the extra time and effort she put into our event and all the crazy she dealt with in aligning all of our vendors. There was an insane amount of logistics and everything went off without a hitch the day off...BRAVO! She made us feel like the most special couple on earth, but getting know know her a bit, we are sure this is how she makes every one of her couples feel. We have no reservations recommending Jessica for your most special day.

Amy · Married on 10/21/2017

Jessica is everything you could want and more in a wedding planner. Her sense of style, the way she handles vendors, her incredible rolodex of vendors, and her attention to detail are some of the many amazing qualities that makes Jessica the ultimate wedding planner. She is thoughtful, creative and fun to be around. She made planning easy and took us step by step through the process. And all of the planning paid off because Jessica helped us create our dream wedding within our real life budget. We can’t think of one thing that would have made our wedding more perfect and we have Jessica to thank for that.

Heather · Married on 10/14/2017

Jessica was amazing to work with, both leading up to, and on the day. She is completely professional while remaining personal throughout the entire experience with both my husband and me, as well as with our families. Jessica is a total pro with amazing vendor relationships. Aside from being organized, collected, and on top of her game, Jessica also has creative vision and can help bring your wedding dreams to life, no matter how much or little you choose to involve her. She was flexible in services and budget-friendly recommendations, really proving that she had our best interest in mind. She's the best!

Art & Soul Events 3
    Art & Soul Events 4
    Art & Soul Events 5
    Art & Soul Events 6

Julie · Married on 09/16/2017

Jessica is the most amazing human being you could ever imagine to be your wedding planner. I worried about nothing on the day of my wedding and everything was pure perfection. She was amazing throughout the planning process and became such a support in that busy time. I have nothing but amazing things to say about Jessica!

Alexia · Married on 08/20/2017

We stumbled upon Art & Soul Events from a blog entry Jessica posted about how much she would love to work on a wedding at our venue, the Paramour Estate in Silverlake, and my mom and I instantly felt comfortable when we hopped on the phone for an interview. We could tell that Jessica was someone who would take care of business and get the job done, and though it was a risk to bring in someone inexperienced with this complicated venue, we felt that she was up to the task.

Although we didn't engage Jessica for design services, her portfolio of work proved that our aesthetics would align and that we could trust her vendor suggestions--all of which were spot on (personalities and service offerings were top notch!). As architects and designers, my (now) husband and I had a very specific vision for our day, and Jessica and her team did not disappoint in executing everything day-of!

Jessica was a BEAST at responding quickly to any and all questions we had throughout the planning process, and her planning tools and checklists (though daunting at times) were extremely thorough and ensured we would not forget a single detail. As our day rapidly approached and our stress levels reached new heights, Jessica was there to walk us through every step of the wedding day logistics and made it a point to check in about what our biggest stress of the moment was, so she could help alleviate and resolve any issues.

Needless to say, our wedding day felt absolutely flawless, and our friends and family had an incredible time. I cannot thank Jessica enough for organizing all the moving parts to ensure our day ran smoothly, and I'm actually a little bummed I live on the East Coast, because I owe her a cocktail or two for doing such a wonderful job behind the scenes!

Art & Soul Events 7
    Art & Soul Events 8

Rachael · Married on 08/06/2017

When we began our wedding planning process we were sure we could do it ourselves. We are really organized people that work in entertainment and have administrative backgrounds and stage management backgrounds. While all of that helped us throughout the process, having a wedding planner proved to be just as essential as having the food at our wedding!

Working with Jessica was an absolute dream! Her vision, organization, connections to the most high quality and unique vendors made our wedding planning process feel like it was really about us as a couple. We were tired of scrolling through Pinterest. We wanted a wedding that really felt like us. Jessica made that possible by providing great ideas for design, details and ways to get creative while staying on budget. We had a lot of specific ideas and wants: traditional Jewish pre-ceremony and Ceremony, Spanish style food, including my Mexican heritage, and generally making sure this grand event felt comfortable and intimate even if we were planning on 200 guests.

Our venue came with an on site coordinator, but Jessica made sure that they were executing everything the way that we wanted. Having Jessica by your side the day of our wedding will make it so you can be so present for all of the little moments that make the day so special. That feeling is something you can't pay for. We are so grateful to Jessica for that gift.

• W

Whitney · Married on 05/05/2017

I wholeheartedly and without reservation recommend Jessica to any bride. She was so on top of EVERYTHING (and this is coming from a type A planner of a bride) and I felt completely safe in her hands. I had no worries that she would take care of everything on the day and from the get-go she understood us as a couple and what we were hoping to achieve. So many people have complimented us on throwing such a laid back, easy, grown-up-but-fun wedding. Some even said it was one of the best weddings they had ever gone to! We love Jessica!

Samantha · Married on 04/08/2017

Jessica of Art & Soul Events is seriously a dream come true! We initially found her on Pinterest (crazy I know) when I found photos of a wedding she had done that had previously at our wedding venue near Joshua Tree. We completely fell in love with the look and vibe of that wedding and knew we had to reach out to see if she might be available to help with the design and coordination of ours. From the initial coffee date, we knew that she would be the best investment we would make to pull off the desert wedding of our dreams.
    Throughout our entire wedding planning journey, Jessica consistently kept us on track and on point - whether it was with scheduling our vendors and booking our rentals on time or helping us make sure we stayed true to our vision despite some changes to our overall color palate late in the game.
    Fast forward to the week of our wedding when the weather forecast called for 50 mph winds during the setup of our ceremony and reception. We began to get concerned about what would happen with pieces of our decor such as the place cards and sage wedding favors on the tables and our awesome neon sign but Jessica and her assistant Shane completely handled the situation and pulled off the most beautiful wedding we could ever ask for. Its been 3 weeks since our wedding day and our family and friends are STILL posting photos and talking about how beautiful and perfect the day was and it couldn't have been possible without the guidance and support of Jessica and her team. We can't thank Jessica enough and will definitely recommend her services to all of our wedding planning friends!

Sara · Married on 03/31/2017

Jessica was with us every step of the way as we coordinated our Art Deco dream of a wedding- her experience is invaluable!! Time after time, she would make suggestions and adjustments that had never occurred to us, but made everything flow effortlessly on the day of. We would have been utterly lost without her. It was such a relief knowing that we could get wrapped up in the moment and trust that she would give us a little nudge when it was time to keep things on schedule. The decor was exactly how we had envisioned, and we didn’t have to worry about any setup or teardown. Our wedding was perfect, and we know that we have Jessica to thank for this, working swiftly and tirelessly behind the scenes! We will be insisting that our friends use her for any future weddings.

• Z

Zak · Married on 03/25/2017

Only hire Jessica if you want someone awesome. If you're thinking to yourself, "I'd like to hire Jessica, but I only kinda want someone awesome", she may not be for you. Make a list of the traits you want out of your wedding planner, Jessica ticks all the boxes.

She's great at understanding and working with family dynamics and strong personalities. She was outstanding at executing our vision and most importantly helped us stand our ground for the things that mattered to us when parents didn't necessarily want or understand.

Its also worth mentioning our wedding was 175 people and was pulled off in 8 weeks...at a venue without running water, no kitchen, and had never had a wedding. From the beginning, we put our trust in Jessica and we were rewarded by doing so with the best day of our lives.

Sheri · Married on 03/25/2017

Planning a wedding is hard...so why do it alone? There are so many details that go into the big day, unless you're on your 3rd or 4th marriage, there's no way to know them all and you don't want to find out the hard way. Jessica, the owner of Art and Soul, knows everything you want your wedding planner to know and more importantly knows everything you don't.

She's organized and focused and kept us on track from start to finish. Most importantly, she helped calm my nerves and kept spirits high when I got overwhelmed along the way. When it feels daunting and scary you want to have an expert on your side to make you feel better, that's Jessica. The best advice I could give to anyone planning a wedding is, don't, make your life as easy as possible, hire the best, hire Jessica, hire Art and Soul.

Sarah · Married on 12/17/2016

So normally when you're asked to do a survey, sometimes you're like, "It was fine. I'll give it FIVE STARS all the way down. Whatever. Done in 10 seconds? Done." But this is one of those rare cases where you pay attention and you give FIVE STARS all the way down because YOU MUST! Jessica and her team were amazing and absolutely integral for my dream wedding to come true! My fiance and I initially tried planning the wedding ourselves, but when both of us have full time jobs (on top of me finishing school) it got overwhelming pretty quickly and that's how we happened upon Art & Soul Events on Offbeat Bride. Let me tell you, I practically reached "pulling my hair out" levels of stressed out, but Jessica was always professional and super kind and had my back. She also has a super stylish and unique vision that inspired us to really go for our dream brunch, tea-time inspired wedding with a Nerf gun fight instead of a first dance and a caricature artist instead of a photobooth. From the moment we spit-balled ideas on the phone, to her making sure my husband and I were fed during the wedding, to the final decoration being packed away at the end of the wedding, Jessica was our guardian angel. No joke.

One CRUCIAL advice I'd offer future brides: REACH OUT TO JESSICA FROM THE BEGINNING! She is very accommodating to whatever help you need (e.g., partial planning vs full planning). I also say start planning with Jessica because her recommended vendors are top notch. I could go on and on about the individual vendors she introduced us to as well.

From the bottom of our hearts, thank you, Jessica!!!

Tobi · Married on 11/19/2016

Oh man, what can you say about a life-saver? Jessica is amazing. We originally found her on Off-Beat Bride, then here on Weddingwire. We set up our meeting and were hooked. She is so open, kind, passionate, knowledgeable, and attentive. She is exceptionally confident in what she does. Our initially meeting was full of laughs, tears, and sharing. She really took the time to learn about us and our story. We hired her for day-of coordinating which included a planning session, unlimited email conversations (so quick to respond!!), a final planning meeting, and day-of services (12 hours). She is extremely organized and uses an online system for payment that made everything so easy!! Jessica is so much more than a "coordinator". She is a listener, friend, counselor, advisor, stylist....I could go on! She helped us solve numerous issues and calmed many a frantic moments. Our friends and family loved her! The day before, we had so many packing issues that we missed our own rehearsal!! No sweat for Jessica...she carried on with our bridal party in the most professional way and kept it moving. The day of, she managed all aspects of setup and even squeezed in a rehearsal for us! She kept the drinks coming for us all night long, made sure we ate, and genuinely cared for us in big ways and in the subtle ways that you don't think about. That's just it....we didn't think about anything. She took care of it all. We were free to love and celebrate! I highly recommend Jessica. She is an absolute gem!! We love her!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gina · Married on 11/19/2016

Where do I begin?! Jessica is absolutely amazing. I don't think I will be able to express here just how truly great she is. We hired Jessica as a month of coordinator, but she was so much more than that. We met Jessica and immediately felt a connection with her; we felt that she really understood us. Over the course of several months we met with her twice to discuss things and she was always very knowledgeable, professional, and had great ideas. It was clear right away that she knows what she is doing, and has a creative, genuine soul.

My wife and I did all of the decorations and flowers ourselves, and used several family members to deliver those things, as well as all of our rentals. It was quite a huge undertaking; coordinating all those people and getting everything to our venue (Smogshoppe) on time and in some kind of order that would make sense for Jessica. The night before the wedding, we were supposed to have a rehearsal at our hotel with the wedding party. Lets just say that all of the family coordinating and DIY arrangements did NOT go according to plan, and we missed the rehearsal. We also had a major freakout and things were seemingly falling apart. We stayed in contact with Jessica the whole time, and she talked us off the ledge. I was literally crying on the phone with her, and she reassured me; gave me some truth and lifted me back up. She handled the rehearsal with a dozen people she had never met, without her brides even being present. Jessica even arranged a last minute addition of another set of hands on the day of, to help out with some things we did not get finished. She pulled it all together, and truly saved the day. When we arrived at Smogshoppe and saw all of our decorations and flowers that we spent so much time making.... when we saw everything put together to perfection... we were brought to tears. Jessica pulled it off, took care of us the whole day, and made everything PERFECT. HIRE HER, she's the BEST!

Deborah · Married on 11/12/2016

Jessica was great getting everything organized, handled and done beautifully on our wedding day. Her services were invaluable and her professionalism was outstanding.

• User7457345 · 1+ year ago

We highly recommend Jessica. We hired her as a day/month of coordinator and then added on design services. When our first wedding venue cancelled on us she calmly assisted us in finding a new location. We ended up picking a raw piece of land that required a complicated transformation - on a budget - but she got totally on board with our vision - getting excited about helping us turn this very unusual space, which had no power or water and was barely even level, into something amazing. I was not sure if I should spend money on a wedding coordinator but it was the best use of money - our wedding simply would not have been possible without Jessica. She created a layout in a very unconventional space, including lounges and a bar tucked between boulders. The result was incredible- many people told is it was the most beautiful wedding they had ever been to. The weekend of the wedding, she worked nonstop to make sure everything came together, problem-solving so many things but staying calm and warm all the while.

Mito · Married on 10/22/2016

Jessica was amazing. She made sure everything went smoothly, and we didn't worry about a thing on the wedding day. She's clearly very experienced, and knew what questions needed to be answered and what needed to be done ahead of time. We also hired her for her design consulting, on top of the wedding coordination, and she took our vision of "desert glam" and made it a beautiful reality. I would absolutely recommend her to anybody planning a wedding.

Sara · Married on 10/15/2016

Jessica from Art and Soul Events is truly amazing at what she does. From my initial conversation with her about her services to the end of our wedding day, she took so much time and effort to share her knowledge and ensure we had everything we needed to make our wedding incredible. She is not afraid to give her input on things that she knows about, given that she is the professional, and for most of us, this is our first time planning a wedding. She felt like much more than a day of coordinator in her involvement with our wedding! She relieved so much stress in the weeks prior to the wedding by taking over communication with our vendors, figuring out logistical problems, coming up with creative solutions, etc. She has a great eye and you can trust her to ensure things look perfect and stylish. We had high aesthetic demands in a dusty desert landscape and she pulled it off in what looked (but i know was not) effortless. She was so effective that even our guests commented on what a great job she was doing! We have said many times that hiring her was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. She is also really cool and down to earth, easy to work with and super accommodating. I cannot recommend her enough!

Betty · Married on 10/01/2016

Jessica from Art & Soul Events was nothing short of amazing! She helped us pull off our dream wedding (a 3-day event in the middle of a northern California redwood forest :) We had some grand visions for our big day…and before hiring Jessica, we didn't even know if half of them were possible. But once we hired Art & Soul Events and met with Jessica for the first time, she immediately put us at ease. She knows what she's doing, and it shows! She's super detail oriented, has a stylish eye for aesthetics, and she's not afraid to tell you whether something will or will not work. Also, she asked us questions like, "What's the thing that's stressing you out the most right now?"…then tried to address it. In the midst of general wedding craziness, it meant the world to us that someone thought to ask us that question :)

Cut to our actual wedding weekend, and Jessica was working all sorts of magic. She was the glorious glue that tied it all together. She collaborated with all our vendors, made sure everything flowed like it should, checked in with us at well-timed moments to see if we needed anything. She even magically appeared with 2 glasses of water when we needed a drink the most, and made sure we got to eat at the reception. Jessica saw to every detail in a way we couldn't have done on our own, and having her there allowed us to focus on enjoying our day. Special side note: I'm not saying Jessica is a mind reader :)…but in all seriousness, on the morning of the wedding, I remember hurriedly / vaguely mentioning to her how I wanted a particular setup to look at the reception...and when I later saw it, it looked EXACTLY how I had envisioned / wanted it. I'm telling you…magic! :)

Hiring Jessica was one of the best decisions we could have made for our wedding. She helped turn our vision into a reality, and what ensued was truly the happiest day of our lives. We'll forever be grateful to her for all her hard work, and fully recommend her to anyone planning a wedding!

Jeaneen · Married on 09/17/2016

Our wedding was a huge success thanks to Art & Soul Events! Jessica tailored her skills to dealing with me, (a DIY Bride) very well. Her presicion & attention to details was nothing short of excellent! My suggestion to any Bride-to-be would be: to get yourself a "friend who has your back for your special day", like Jessica & her team! Thank you for contributing to our magical day Art & Soul Events!

- Jeaneen & Ben

• W

Wesley · Married on 09/10/2016

The only regret I have about working with Jessica is that we didn't hire her sooner. She truly went above and beyond when we were getting down to the wire in planning our wedding. Super-cool and easy to work with. Can't recommend her enough.