ART Catering & Events Reviews

85 | Shallotte, NC

85 Reviews for ART Catering & Events

Jess Oxendine · Married on 03/23/2019

Amazing from start to finish

Everyone on the team at ART Catering was amazing to deal with; from our tasting, all emailed questions, to the wedding day. They provided all of the food for our vegan cocktail hour and reception as well as all rental items including tables, linens, plates, etc. Every question I asked was answered promptly and professionally and Rachel always put me at ease. Every guest commented on how great the food was and how polite and kind everyone working the event was. I will absolutely use ART Catering again.

Sent on 03/27/2019
  • Katrina

Katrina · Married on 03/09/2019

Beyond amazing!

Amazing! They did everything we asked and the girls working the event were amazing! We had a plate of apps set aside for the wedding party and at the sweetheart table for when we were taking pictures and they had them ready and went with the flow!

Sent on 03/13/2019

Sarah · Married on 02/16/2019

Amazing food and service

We're so glad we booked with ART. They were so flexible; initially able to meet with us on a Saturday which was a rarity when talking to other caterers! They have an amazing and delicious menu- we had tons of compliments from our guests about how awesome the food was- that it wasn't like other "wedding food" they had had before!

Sent on 03/03/2019

Thank you Sarah!
    It has been such a pleasure working with you and Jacob.
    We wish you a lifetime of marriage with happiness and love!
  • Bernadette

Bernadette Santarelli · Married on 12/15/2018

our wedding was perfect

I can NOT say enough wonderful things about Rachel and Art Catering!! We live in CT and our wedding was held in Ocean Isle Beach, NC. The months leading up to it Rachel was ALWAYS willing to answer any & all questions we had. She was willing to go over every detail and made changes where we saw fit.
    My husband and I went down in October for a taste test and we were just blown away! From the presentation to the food itself! Rachel could not be more friendly and attentive in person. We just love her to pieces!!
    The day of our wedding went off without a hitch. They were early & efficient and had everything set up in a blink of an eye.
    We decided on a cocktail hour then a heavy hors d'oeuvres menu for dinner. Again, the presentation of the food was perfect (everything was labeled so a girl like me with OCD it made me very happy)
    Did I mention how DELICIOUS the food was? The chicken & waffles were EPIC!! The entire staff that day was professional, courteous and just amazing!
    We are already planning our next event to have them caterer for us!!

Sent on 01/02/2019

Elizabeth Fegert · Married on 11/03/2018

Amazing food and service

Terry and her team are the best!!

Sent on 11/10/2018
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 10/13/2018

Amazing all-around service

ART was our caterer, provided the rentals (linens, chairs, etc.), and provided our wedding cake. The convenience of getting all of these services from one place with one contact was awesome. The food was tasty (not extremely memorable, but solidly good), they worked with our day-of coordinator to do the cake cutting and champagne toast on-time, and were always pleasant to speak with on the phone or over email. The servers they sent were very professional and nice (the bartender was so fun - dancing all night behind the bar!). They were a great company to work with.

Sent on 11/28/2018

Laura · Married on 08/18/2018

ART Catering was absolutely wonderful and easy to work with! Although we previously lived near this area, we were planning our wedding long distance from the west coast. I worked with Rachel the whole time and she answered all of my questions, concerns and worked with me to develop a menu with a little bit of everything we were looking for! We absolutely love food and wanted to make sure we had enough for our guests. Everything for the reception was seamless, our guests LOVED the food and there was so much leftover that everyone was able to take to-go boxes that were pre-packaged by the staff! We love ART Catering & Events and thank them for making this piece of our wedding planning a breeze!

Sent on 08/30/2018

Courtney · Married on 08/05/2018

ART Catering and Events was amazing! Terry and her whole team does an excellent job. They were always available when I had questions, wanted to added items to the menu( even some last minute changes). The whole ART Catering team was extremely professional. I had multiple wait staff come up to me during the night to make sure I had ate. They all offered to make me a plate. It was also great because they also provided the linens, in my color choice and helped flipped the ceremony area over to the reception area. We had the taco bar!! The food was incredible. I have had so many of our guest reach out to me about how good they taco bar was. They boxed up all the leftovers for my husband and I to take home!! The food was still great even as leftovers!! I would highly recommend!!!

Sent on 08/20/2018

Carol · Married on 07/19/2018

Amazing food and service!

ART Catering and Events provided amazing food and service for our daughter’s Sunset Beach, NC wedding. Chef Andrew was fun to work with creating the perfect menu. The low-country boil that ART Catering prepared on-site was delicious. Our guests raved about the crab cakes, fig and brie tarts and grilled vegetables. Complimenting the excellent food, were the friendly and efficient staff and servers. Thank you Terry and Andrew for helping to make our daughter’s wedding perfect.

Sent on 01/22/2019
  • Whitney

Whitney · Married on 05/27/2018

We had such a wonderful experience with Terri and her team at ART! From my first phone call through the wedding day, they were a breeze to work with and very accommodating with our families' food choices. You could not ask for better tasting food and an unbeatable value. Thank you for being an essential part of our wedding and answering all of our questions along the way, our guests can't stop talking about the food and cupcakes!

Sent on 06/30/2018

Kelly · Married on 04/28/2018

ART catered my daughter's wedding this past weekend. The food, service and attention to detail went above my expectations. My daugher stated this wedding was perfect and I have to agree. I would defintely recommend their services for any event. Thank you, you're the best!

Sent on 05/01/2018

Victoria · Married on 04/14/2018

Finding Art Catering was such a blessing! Being from out of town, my husband and I were a little nervous in picking a vendor, but after talking to Terri and the team (especially Rachel), we knew this was going to be the perfect caterer for our wedding - and it was! From beginning to end, they were a pleasure to work with and made planning everything such a breeze. We used Art for everything from food and drinks to tables, benches and linens. Terri and Rachel stayed in constant contact leading up to our wedding day, and it was so nice knowing we could 100% trust and count on them to make our wedding reception just what we wanted it to be. The food was delicious, and the staff was professional and friendly. We can't say enough good things!

Sent on 07/09/2018

Lakota · Married on 11/18/2017

Awesome team that helped us put together a great meal for a "pre-weedding" party for our out of town guests. Affordable and delicious! Highly recommend this team.

Sent on 09/29/2018

Kaydee · Married on 10/07/2017

I have to say that the ladies at ART catering were amazing! I had an outside wedding that unfortunately got rained out but they had no problem moving everything inside last minute! They did such a good job and I really enjoyed working with this group!

Sent on 11/17/2017

HEATHER · Married on 06/11/2017

Art was our first tasting as an engaged couple. We tasted several others and none even come close. Terry, Andrew and Dawn are all amazing to work with. They Best part was the amazing food. We had a Ahi Tuna carving station and it was fantastic and our guest talked about it all night!

Sent on 06/14/2017

Heather,
    Thank you so much for your kind review! We are happy that you enjoyed the Ahi Tuna - we love it too! :) Feel free to send us a link of photos and we will feature you all on our sites. We just love sharing our client photos when we can. Take Care and let us know if you need anything in the future!

Jordan · Married on 05/20/2017

The food was great, and so was the service. All our questions were answered in a timely manner.

Sent on 07/05/2017

Kate · Married on 05/13/2017

Art Catering was a dream come true for our dessert bar at our beach wedding at Ocean Isle Beach. We decided on having a pie bar instead for our wedding dessert, and it turned out beautifully! From the ordering process with Dawn Cote, to the tasting, Art Catering went above and beyond to make sure our vision was carried out. Our guests raved about each of the different pie flavors, especially the Cherry pie and the Sweet Potato pie. With so many choices, Art Catering was the perfect fit for us!

Sent on 07/25/2017

Cassidy · Married on 05/12/2017

From the beginning of our wedding planning process to our wedding day, Art Catering was absolutely perfect! They were always super responsive when I had concerns and were always willing to give advise if I was struggling with decisions. I didn't have to worry about a thing from setup to clean up, and our guests raved about how good our food was! We couldn't be any happier with our decision to use Art Catering, highly recommended!

Sent on 05/10/2017

ART Catering & Events's reply:

It was a pleasure working with you all as well! We would love to feature photos from your event on our sites. Feel free to email us a link :) Congrats again!

Sarah · Married on 09/25/2015

Everyone at ART catering is professional and knowledgable on what you need to make your wedding exactly what you want. They can do pretty much anything you're looking for. You speak directly with the owner for your final run through before your event to make sure everything is perfect. They have any item, both food and equipment that you may need. This was my first time ever dealing with a caterer and ART made everything so easy.

Sent on 10/10/2015

Sarah,
    Thank you so much for taking time to review our services on WeddingWire! It was a pleasure working with you for your beautiful wedding day! Feel free to email us any photos from your wedding and we will be happy to showcase them on our blog and/or social media sites. Let us know if there is anything else we can do for you in the future.
    All the Best,
    Terry Bland & ART Catering Staff

Heather · Married on 08/20/2015

Oh my, ART Catering made everything so simple. They were flexible until a week before the wedding in regards to what type of cupcakes we wanted, to the number of people attending. They covered our meal, desserts, and bar for the wedding for such a great price. We had a beach wedding and had a shrimp boil for dinner. For those not familiar, the shrimp is boiled with sausage, potatoes, and corn. They accommodated our vegetarian guests by boiling a separate selection for them omitting the sausage. We also had chicken for our picky eaters. It came with salad and two delicious dressings (not a huge fan of ranch, but theirs was so tasty,) a green bean side, and corn bread. I think I'm going into such detail about the food because it was SO SO delicious. I'm so glad there were leftovers. The desserts were so wonderful. I don't know where they all went! Everyone enjoyed them so much. The employees serving, clearing and making drinks were professional, approachable, and all had smiling faces.
    I would recommend them to anyone and I would also suggest stopping by their restaurant The Purple Onion Cafe in Shallotte. I'll definitely be back there!

Sent on 08/25/2015

ART Catering & Events's reply:

Heather, Thank you so much for taking time to review our services on WeddingWire! We truly appreciate it. Feel free to email us any photos from your beautiful wedding day and we will be happy to showcase them on our blog and/or social media sites. Let us know if there is anything else we can do for you in the future.
    All the Best,
    Terry Bland & ART Catering Staff
  • Y

Yvonne · Married on 04/25/2015

ART provided food for the rehearsal dinner, reception and brunch the morning after. Everyone commented on how good everything was! But let's go back to the beginning of our search. We met with Terry the owner. She guided us in our food selections and also went the extra mile in helping us with additional vendors. Since this was a destination wedding, we were not familiar with the reputation of other companies in the area. All of her recommendations were spot on. We had the perfect wedding! And did I mention how good the food was?!?

Sent on 05/01/2015

Courtney · Married on 04/18/2015

I used Art Catering for my destination wedding from New York to Sunset Beach & Ocean Isle Beach, NC. We were referred to Art from Silver Coast Winery (venue we booked) while I was still in NY and my mom and sister were on vacation last April. They were able to meet with them the same day that they booked the venue and gave us tons of tips and information. Then we went to the tasting this past October and it was the first time that I met Terry and she treated us great! She again provided us with tons of information and guided us just like a wedding planner might. If I had any questions I would direct them toward Dawn and she always got back to me within a few hours. We used Art for a rehearsal dinner at my parent's rental on Sunset Beach, for the reception at Silver Coast Winery and then again for a morning after brunch again at Sunset Beach. They also provided information on who/where to rent tables and chairs from for the rehearsal. We had no worries those three days as the Art Catering staff (including Ryan, Terry's son) were awesome. We dropped off the center pieces and flowers the morning of the wedding and they set everything up and even made slight adjustments to the plans as they saw fit due to space, etc. The whole weekend went without a hitch due to this awesome staff. We will never forget how fortunate we were to find such an awesome team of people, not to mention the food was great!

Sent on 04/30/2015

Jeff · Married on 04/11/2015

From our first phone call, until the truck carrying the table and chair rentals pulled away, ART Catering was a dream vendor. They were always available and easily handled any changes we made. Adding certain desserts and foods, taking away others or making sure they knew about and accommodated some of our guests' allergies, they never gave us a single problem. Getting both our food and rentals, (Tables, chairs, china, tablecloths, etc.) from them made everything that much easier. Unlike some other vendors we used, they explained everything, were on time, courteous and made our day easier. Then there was the food. Simply delicious. From the appetizers, to the main course, and to the desserts, everyone raved about how great it was. Even picky eaters were able to find enough options to fill their plates and ask for more. There were also enough leftovers to provide us with several tasty meals the week after our wedding. If we ever plan another event near Ocean Isle Beach, ART Catering will be our first call.

Sent on 04/28/2015

Delicious food - everything you can ask for in a catering service!!!!

Sent on 10/17/2014