Andrew Roby Events Reviews

34 Reviews for Andrew Roby Events

• Ellen

Ellen B. · Getting married on 03/09/2022

Andrews is the BEST!

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Andrew! I called Andrew with a 7 day notice that we decided to have a microwedding and asked if he could help us out. Not only did he find our officiant, videographer, florist in less than 24 hours... he also took care of all of the logistics the day of the wedding. From the music, to holding my flowers & dress, to organizing the group photos - he was a lifesaver. The day was perfect and Andrew was a BIG part in making it that way!

Sent on 12/29/2020

Andrew Roby Events's reply:

Ellen thank you so much. It was a pleasure allowing our team to be of service to you and Reese. Seeing your family and close friends on this occasion filled our hearts and we thank you for allowing us to be a part of it. Wishing you and your family an incredible new year. Thank you.
  • Cristin

Cristin · Married on 06/05/2021

Small ceremony of my dreams

In June I did a microwedding with Andrew Roby events at Tudor Place Gardens. It was a magical place and Andrew's crew of vendors made the day so easy and gorgeous. I will forever dream about my wedding flowers (thanks @VioletGardens) and have the most gorgeous photos to prove it! I was astounded about how on top of the planning Andrew and his team are. My husband and I basically just had to show up and enjoy!

Sent on 07/28/2021

Andrew Roby Events's reply:

We want to thank you both for being you. For trusting us to do this micro wedding when the entire world shut down. Your patience, spirit, and excitement really made working with you all so much fun. Wishing you all a lifetime of the same joy you brought to us. Thank you.
  • KEITA

Keita E. · Married on 04/01/2021

I Choose Andrew Roby Events!!!

I am so grateful to have had the honor of Andrew Roby Events to host my wedding at our new home. Andrew and his team were consistent from the beginning of our planning process. They were very punctual, professional and immediately took charge. There was no hesitation in my mind that they could not do the job. Andrew and his team were amazing and made my family and I feel so very comfortable. This experience felt as if I had know him for years, and that 1 hour of production felt like a lifetime of greatness and joy. I had always envisioned Andrew Roby Events hosting my wedding day, and my dream finally came true!!!

Thank you!
    Harold & Keita Nichols (9/26/2020)

Sent on 10/02/2020

Andrew Roby Events's reply:

Keita thank you so much so such a beautiful and humbling review. Glad we were able to be with you and your family during such an important day of your life with your husband and your family. Wishing you all decades of love.

Regina F. · Married on 12/03/2020

Perfect Intimate Wedding

Hi Andrew!

I am still on a high from Sunday but didn’t want too much time to pass without reaching out to tell you THANK YOU! We had an amazing day Sunday-our intimate ceremony was perfect! Everything was beautiful, the venue, decor, the vibe-simply beautiful. We had so much fun within that hour it felt as if we had a larger wedding- it didn’t feel like a micro wedding. Our virtual and in-person guest are still complementing how everything was beautiful, classy, and very well put together for our ceremony. Thank you for creating an amazing vendor team and for a wonderful job and experience Sunday. All of your vendors provided excellent service and were very responsive and knowledgeable to any questions I had. They were professional, kind, and patient with us throughout the entire process. On the day of our ceremony it was a great joy working with Trene’ and her creative photography skills to capture our special moments including Chip’s exceptional videography services that allowed us to stream our ceremony. KUDOS to you and your amazing team with Andrew Roby Events for providing great service on our special day. I will personally thank each vendor for an amazing job and experience.

Have a wonderful holiday and please continue to
    stay safe and be blessed.

Sent on 12/10/2020

Andrew Roby Events's reply:

We thank you so much for such kind words and allowing us the chance to plan your micro wedding in DC. This was a wonderful experience and we are so glad to have been trusted to make this happen for you and your family. Be blessed Regina.
  • Jamie

Jamie W. · Married on 11/07/2020

DC Microwedding

I can’t say enough great things about Andrew Roby. He truly made the micro wedding experience a phenomenal one for me, my husband, and our family. He was attentive, kind, and didn’t leave any details unturned and he couldn’t have chosen better vendors to work with. It was perfect. We had all the feels of a large wedding in a more intimate setting and I wish I would have thought of it sooner. If you want an event done right big or small Andrew is the man.

Sent on 11/08/2020

Andrew Roby Events's reply:

We thank you so much Jamie for allowing us to be of service. This was a special day for you, your husband, and your guests. We are honored to be of service to you all. Thank you for allowing us into such a special occasion.
  • Lydia

Lydia N. · Married on 11/06/2020

Wedding Coordination Win!

Finding Andrew Roby Events was a wedding saver for my husband and I. In just over a month, Andrew took us from having literally nothing planned to having a beautiful, intimate wedding. Andrew was prompt and professional - he helped us select and connect to talented vendors that swiftly and tastefully brought a previously non-existent vision to life. From invitations to reception, everything was taken care of! Wedding planning is notoriously stressful, but Andrew's expertise kept the process moving smoothly. Our day was genuinely relaxed and joyful! Andrew was hands on the day of the wedding, coordinating vendors, decor details and event timing with patience and skill - even helping me manage my bouquet and train of my dress. We loved our wedding - we've already re-watched our wedding video and shared it with friends and family in over a dozen countries. We are so grateful to Andrew Roby Events for everything he did to help us have such a wonderful day!

Sent on 01/10/2021

Andrew Roby Events's reply:

Hello Lydia. It was a true pleasure being able to support you and Lesly on your special day. By far one of our top 5 wedding experiences in 2020. We were honored to be a part of your love and witness just how much you both love one another. Thank you for allowing us to do what we love so much.
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 09/26/2020

Fantastic Microwedding Experience

Andrew is truly wonderful to work with! We had already planned a large wedding that needed to be postponed to 2021 due to the pandemic, so we decided to work with Andrew for a microwedding so that we could still get married in 2020. Andrew is so easy to work with- very responsive, creative, organized, and well connected in the area. I was so impressed by the vendors that he referred through his microwedding package. The day itself went amazingly well- I had full confidence knowing that Andrew would take care of anything that came up. Our guests commented how great he and his staff were to keep things running smoothly. Highly recommend!

Sent on 10/09/2020

Andrew Roby Events's reply:

Hello Christina and thank you so much for the kind words. Truly an honor to allow us to work with you and your family during such a crazy time as COVID-19. Truly glad we were able to make this happen for you and cheers to a beautiful future with Tim.
  • Amanda

Amanda Z. · Married on 01/12/2020

Andrew is an absolute pro!

Andrew is an absolute pro! His Micro Wedding package saved our wedding and my sanity. After spending a year planning a destination wedding, postponing twice, then cancelling, I was emotionally exhausted. A Google search for “elopement in DC” brought me to his Micro Wedding page. He thought of everything! All I had to do was make a few basic choices and he took care of the rest. Andrew and his team of vendors are amazing: professional, responsive, compassionate, and so, so patient.

Sent on 01/04/2021

Andrew Roby Events's reply:

Amanda and Don thank you both so much for the kind words. Truly appreciate being able to work with you both on your special day and glad we were honored to be a part of this. Happy New Year!!!
  • Morgan

Morgan Q. · Married on 09/21/2019

Morgan & Quacey 9.21.19

So where to begin?! We had the pleasure of working directly with Andrew from the beginning to the end. We initially started interviewing wedding planners about two weeks after our engagement period. While interviewing, we noticed that most of the companies were offering the same packages, so we decided to ask, "What makes your company stand out than the rest?". Most companies were unable to answer this question, but, Andrew was able to respond. While we are unable to state his answer verbatim, he did state he was fun and interested in building meaningful relationships with his clients. That he sure did!

We have grown to appreciate Andrew, the business of event planning, and has labeled him as our family event and decor planner for all of our needs. The planning process for the wedding was a breeze because we were able to trust Andrew fully and was able to build a relationship with him.

The day of the wedding, Andrew was always near or had someone near us while he put out other fires. Andrew assisted us from the wedding planning, day-of coordination, decor, and so much more. We were blown away and left with a sense of knowing each and every penny spent was well worth it. The reception decor was so glamorous and exceeded all of our expectations.

We appreciate Andrew and the team and wish nothing more but, for God to continue to bless him and his team with an abundance of favor, divine creativity, and prosperity over every area of his life and the business.

Morgan and Quacey

Sent on 09/28/2019

Andrew Roby Events's reply:

I truly am lost for words. This means more than you all could ever imagine. Thank you for giving us the chance to cater to your every need. We are so grateful. Thank you.
  • Shante

Shante T. · Married on 08/30/2019

Amazing Experience!

Wow, where do we begin?!! Andrew took our breath away with his incredible eye for design and planning! He works tirelessly but makes it effortless. We hired Andrew Roby Events for our August 2019 wedding and we are over the moon with the experience. He gave reverence to both our cultures, my husband is Ethiopian. He was timely with his plans and insisted on coming extra early to ensure a seamless setup process. Everything about our wedding was absolutely perfect. My husband and I could not relive a more blissful day. We were completely relaxed and Andrew made it so we did not have to worry about one mishap, there were none.

We appreciate all the time he spent coordinating with our vendors as there are so many moving parts to a wedding. If you’re reading this review you’re considering hiring Andrew. He’s the real deal and you will be left with the feeling of euphoria. Thank you so very much Andrew!!

Sent on 10/01/2019

Andrew Roby Events's reply:

Shante and Asteway thank you so much for allowing us to be a part of such a beautiful wedding. Shante your love for Asteway is something we should all live up to. Making sure his Ethiopian heritage was felt during the wedding was moving. Thank you both.

Stephanie W. · Married on 12/19/2018

Our team recently worked with Andrew Roby Events on a photo shoot of our event space in the new International Spy Museum and we couldn’t have been more pleased! From start to finish, Andrew was organized, flexible and truly easy to work with. He helped us bring our space to life and we’re so very grateful for his partnership.

Sent on 12/27/2018

Andrew Roby Events's reply:

We thank you tremendously for the opportunity to work with you all on this project. Very glad to hear that you are pleased with our work and we look forward to being of service to you in the future.

Rashaun · Married on 12/01/2018

Andrew and his team were amazing! Everyone was very friendly and over accommodating! One thing I was really pleased with was how attentive Andrew was to time and ensuring that everything went smoothly! Highly recommended.

Sent on 02/15/2018

Andrew Roby Events's reply:

Thank you so much Rashaun. We truly appreciate having the opportunity to cater to you both. It was a wonderful experience for us and we look forward to seeing your love unfold.

Janell · Married on 08/04/2018

Andrew and Munaluchi Bride did such awesome Job,
    The venue was beautiful, the team was very attentive.
    My fiancé and I are forever gracious for the experience.

Sent on 02/14/2018

Andrew Roby Events's reply:

Amazing. We are so glad that we had the chance to provide this experience for you both.

Rassi · Married on 07/28/2018

I have never hired and event planner for previous parties. With this being a milestone birthday for my mother, I wanted to make it extra special. Andrew made the entire process so easy! He has the connections in the DC area to recommend the best caterers, entertainers, and bakeries to make sure that your guests will have a great time. He uses technology to make communication, contracts, payment, and planning very easy. On the day of the party, he did not interrupt our visiting with guests with any issues. He only checked in to make sure we were having a good time! We will definitely be asking him to help us with any future events, and we have been recommending his services to anyone that asks. Thank you, Andrew for all of your work and for making a memorable evening for our family and friends!

Sent on 08/17/2018

Andrew Roby Events's reply:

Oh wow thank you so much. I am loving the images of the event. We truly appreciate you allowing us to plan such a monumental moment for your mother and we look forward to the future.
  • Teddi

Teddi · Married on 04/15/2018

THIS is who you want spearheading your wedding plans. He's connected with the BEST of the BEST in the area, all of whom are just as professional and attentive. This is the type of one stop shop that a bride should desire, because you end up with the flawless results you've dreamed of (and deserved) all without the stress that you hear other brides complain about...don't be one of them. This will be your best investment.

Sent on 02/15/2018

Andrew Roby Events's reply:

Teddi wow thank you so much for the opportunity and kind words. We had a blast with you and your fiance. Best part that we walk away with is the game segment. My that was awesome LOL. Cheers to continued years of love.

Monica · Married on 08/25/2017

Dear Andrew & team!

I can't thank you enough for all your hard work in planning my big 40th birthday bash! From start to finish, you provided excellent service and the utmost professionalism. The venue you recommended was so perfect and your guidance helped me tremendously in staying on budget. Thank you also for bringing such fresh ideas to make my party one to remember. It was one EPIC 80s/90s themed party!
    God bless you and your flourishing business. You are amazing at what you do!
    You'll be hearing from me again for my next big event! XOXO

Sincerely,
    Monica H.

Sent on 09/19/2017

Andrew Roby Events's reply:

Monica we appreciate you allowing us to help support your birthday. It was our pleasure to be of service to you and your guests and we look forward to many more birthdays to come.

Kathleen · Married on 07/07/2017

Once again Andrew knocked it out of the park. For someone like me who is a bit of a control freak to turn such an important premier event over to someone else is saying something. This is the third event we have done with Andrew and his team and it will not be the last. Quality, attention to detail, sense of humor and dedication are just a few ways to describe Andrew Roby Events. THANK YOU Andrew - you made a it wonderful again and I am grateful to you and your team for removing the stress and making it all beautiful!

Kathleen Smith

Sent on 07/12/2017

Andrew Roby Events's reply:

Just wow. We are forever blown away by your trust in us to do the job right. We thank you for allowing us into such an amazing community where events like these mean the most. Cheers to a continued relationship.

Lynda · Married on 01/13/2017

Andrew is one of the best Event Planners I've worked with. He is responsive, creative and professional. Anyone would be thrilled to work with him on their next event!

Karen · Married on 01/13/2017

My organization worked with Andrew for a large corporate event that runs exactly like a wedding (cocktails, dinner, dancing, late-night snack and brunch the next day). Specifically we needed help with creating a look and vision for the event that fit within our small budget. Andrew worked with us and found creative ways to create a beautiful event within our budget. He also took care of all day-of setup which provided a big stress relief leading up to the event. I'd recommend Andrew for any type of event and budget.

Dotun · Married on 01/06/2017

Andrew is an excellent event designer and planner with attention to details. If you're looking for a vendor who consistently delivers, look no further! Andrew Roby Events will take care of it from conception to completion!

Sent on 01/21/2017

Andrew Roby Events's reply:

Thank you tremendously for your review. We do appreciate working with you and the superior professionalism that you have shown. Look forward to the future.

Renee · Married on 11/05/2016

If you are looking for a wedding planner who will not only listen to your requests but take them above and beyond this is the person for you! Andrew and his team will work with you and any obstacles that arise. He takes your ideas and will give you exactly what you want. If there is something you aren't fond of, it will be changed. I can express the gratitude I had for Andrew and all his dedication he gave to my husband and I for our 10 year anniversary!!! I highly, highly recommend Andrew and Andrew Roby Events for any needs you may have. If you want everyone talking about your event afterwards there is no better company!!!

Sent on 11/08/2016

Andrew Roby Events's reply:

Renee you and Craig have been a ton of fun to work with. We are so happy that we have the chance to make this reality for you both. We wish you many years of happiness and laughter in your marriage.

Elyse · Married on 07/23/2016

Andrew is such a breath of fresh air. Working with him has been such a great experience. Working with Andrew and his clients you can tell he is passionate about his work - a quality I believe everyone should look for in their planner. He makes planning a wedding a fun experience and alleviates the stressful aspects with his services. Who doesn't want a STRESS FREE experience? He makes your vision come alive and works within your budget. You can't lose with Andrew by your side. Make your wedding an AndrewRoby Event - You wont be disappointed!

Melissa · Married on 06/25/2016

Andrew and his staff helped us plan a wedding while my husband was stationed overseas. I've never been the kind of girl who "dreamed about her wedding," and working a high-stress job didn't leave me a ton of time to sweat the details. Andrew helped us pick a venue, negotiate with vendors, and stage decor, amongst other tasks, and we ended up with an event that looked like it was ripped from the pages of a bridal magazine. Couldn't have asked for a better result. Extremely reasonable prices to boot!

Sent on 08/16/2016

Delores · Married on 06/25/2016

Prepare to be amazed when choosing Andrew Roby Events for your wedding or corporate event. Their attention to detail lends itself to an event that will be breathtakingly beautiful with your taste, wish-list and needs always in mind. Thinking outside of the box is what will allow your event to be uniquely yours with a seemingly effortless precision that is second to none. Give them a call... You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 01/28/2017

Andrew Roby Events's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words. We are truly happy that we have been able to provide great service. We continue to work hard to excel and provide great service.

Shernita · Married on 06/25/2016

Take advantage of consultation and book as soon as you can. Andrew Roby and the Andrew Roby Events team are phenomenal. Very professional, organized, and polished. I thoroughly enjoyed working with him as a paper flower backdrop vendor and looking forward to working with him again in the future hopefully.

Sent on 05/23/2017

Andrew Roby Events's reply:

This is wonderful. THANK YOU for the kind words. So glad we were able to work together and cannot wait for us to work together really soon.