An Event to Remember Reviews

11 | Durham, NC

11 Reviews for An Event to Remember

Prince Y. · Getting married on 01/02/2022

It was an event to remember :)

Hayley and Hannah are a master team. We had a small COVID Wedding but these two made the experience more special that we could imagine. Pre-wedding, they were very instrumental in building the experience. We had a big picture in mind, Hayley and Hannah filled in all the extra details - from seating arrangements, the decorations and flowers for the ceremony, booking a photographer, Food for the mini-reception, ideas for send off, to the ceremony timeline. On wedding day, They handled all the logistics. They did not look stressed at all - like they were right there enjoying it all with you. I was most stressed about clean up and putting things back in place. They did a very good job to removing my focus from that, and I fully enjoyed being wed to my beautiful bride. If you are looking for a stress-free, enjoyable, fun, efficient and professional wedding planning and wedding experience, An Event to Remember is completely worth every value. Thank you so much!!

Sent on 04/07/2021
  • Karen

Karen S. · Married on 11/10/2020

Creative, resourceful planner with "mini COVID wedding". Excited to work with Haley again next year for a 2021 Wedding Celebration!

Like so many families have faced in 2020, wedding plans amidst the global COVID pandemic were not possible. Haley was focused on the "possible" and helped us to plan and coordinate a beautiful mini-wedding at The Cookery in Durham, NC.

Sent on 10/16/2020

Emily S. · Married on 11/10/2020

Highly helpful a la carte wedding services

The best decision we made in our wedding planning process was hiring Hayley, who went above and beyond our expectations. She was referred to us by someone we know and we originally hired her to be our day of coordinator for our wedding of 100ish guests. We ended up downscaling our fall ceremony to 25 guests and rescheduling our reception to next year. She generously agreed to help us with both and was on hand to help us adjust our plans. I was continuously impressed with out organized and flexible she is, and it is clear that she loves what she does.

She is great to work with if there are specific things you need help with, but maybe not everything. She was very willing to customize her services and contracts to meet our specific needs, and agreed to add on other things if we realized we needed additional help later, which was very comforting. She offered to help us with pretty much anything, and we used her help with decor, logistics, securing a DJ for our original event, finding a food vendor that met our COVID-19 needs (individual packaged hors d'oeuvres), and logistics. She was extremely generous with her time and answering all questions we had. When helping us with vendors and services, she never made us feel self-conscious about tailoring things to fit our budget. From working in catering, she is highly knowledgeable about event planning and working with vendors. We loved that she naturally sources from local businesses and is part of the green wedding guild.

If you use her, I highly recommend using her sister Hannah as your flower vendor. She sources in-season flowers from local farms and the arrangements were gorgeous. They were a great team!

Sent on 10/27/2020
  • Laralee

Laralee L. · Married on 10/24/2020

Fantastic and Personable

We initially met Hayley because we were interested in hiring her catering company Sage & Swift. She was very personable and excited about our wedding. She told us about her wedding planning business at our catering consult. Unfortunately, the catering did not work out, but we liked her so much that we hired her as our planner. She was amazing! COVID threw a wrench in our original wedding plans. We had originally planned a ~100 person outdoor wedding but had to change to ~25 guests. Hayley helped us adjust our wedding to meet our new needs and keep our guests safe. She helped communicate changes to vendors and the venue. She kept safety in mind during our walkthrough and made adjustments to the floor plan and seating chart. Hayley and her sister, Hannah, were both present on the day of the wedding. They worked quickly and efficiently to set up decor. They also helped us figure out how to get the wrinkles out of our stubborn table cloths last minute. We had problems with the caterers we hired, and Hayley made sure they were resolved and that I didn't know about them day of. My one regret about our wedding is that I didn't hire Hayley's company to do our catering. If I ever need to plan another large event I will be reaching out to An Event to Remember.

Sent on 12/28/2020

Jeff D. · Married on 08/28/2020

Coordinated a wedding catered.

She was very professional in all my dealing with her.

• Corelyn

Corelyn C. · Married on 06/09/2020

Lovely to work with!

Hayley at An Event to Remember was so lovely to work with! I wanted to create a celebratory Wedding Night Meal for my best friend who had a virtual wedding in their backyard during COVID social distancing. Hayley helped me come up with an idea, plan a menu, and add special touches like a centerpiece bouquet and romantic sweet treats and snacks for the bride & groom. She even made it easy for me when we had to change the delivery day, and she seemed to genuinely care about making everything special for the couple. I would absolutely recommend working with her.

Sent on 09/14/2020
  • Grayden

Grayden K. · Married on 07/02/2019

Everything fell into place perfectly

This vendor assisted me as a photographer for a BEAUTIFUL backyard wedding. Everything flowed perfectly, table settings were gorgeous, no complaints!

Sent on 09/05/2020
  • Lauren

Lauren S. · Married on 05/08/2018

Friendly, Organized, and On Top of It

An incredible experience to work with them. They made everything SO easy. You won't go wrong going with this team

• Caitlin

Caitlin · Married on 04/28/2018

Professional, organized and patient!

Hayley was so amazing and helpful, especially during the wedding ceremony and rehearsals. Rehearsals were very stressful for us unfortunately, due to family matters. However, Hayley stepped in and calmed everyone's nerves and made us feel confident that she would take care of things and that everything would run smoothly (which it did the next day). She was also very helpful and creative during the morning of the wedding to help us create many memories that we treasure still today.

Sent on 10/31/2019
  • Theresa

Theresa N. · Married on 06/02/2019

Dream backyard wedding

They really took our vision and ran with it. The guest had a great time. They really thought about every detailed. I even had a nightmare experience bc my hairdresser overslept and I thought I wouldn't get my hair done, they got ahold of him and he showed up 10 mins later.