An Event To Remember Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner

• Toan
    Toan N. Married on 01/01/2022

Professionalism and well organized

Shamika is a great planner to work with. She's very well organized and have great communication with everyone throughout the day. She will goes above and beyond so you can have the best experience on your wedding day.
  • Y
    Yvanna N. Married on 09/17/2021

The Best Decision EVER!

At first I was only interested in pricing for day of coordination but once I met Shamika over FaceTime, I knew she was our girl and that the partial planning package was exactly what I needed. She gained my trust immediately and honestly, I do not know what we would have done without Shamika in our corner. Her skills, candor, hustle, creativity, resources, connections and professionalism are unmatched. All of our wedding party and family were so impressed by her and her team (we hired bartending services through her as well). Planning a wedding is already stressful, and add ever changing pandemic conditions to that?! LORD....too much. Shamika was there every step of the way with us, communication was on point from start to finish. Although, I saw her and her teams hustle and grind the day of the wedding, I was relaxed in knowing that she had complete control over it all. Our wedding day was seamless; we cannot recommend Shamika and An Event To Remember ENOUGH!
  • Elyse
    Elyse C. Married on 07/09/2021

Bartender service

I used Event to Remember for my bartenders at my wedding this past September. Given COVID and the constant changes, Shamika and her team did a wonderful job at communicating with me and being flexible with all my requests. Highly recommend!
    Alfonzo P. Married on 07/03/2021

Best Wedding Planner Around!

When we first met with Shamika from An Event To Remember, we knew we were in great hands! She completely understood our wedding vision, and there was this instant connection. The more we spoke about our dream wedding, we would get more and more excited because we knew Shamika would be able to pull it all together! She knew exactly what vendors we should work with, and she made the entire wedding planning process fun and seamless. We had the perfect wedding, and we know this wouldn’t have been possible without An Event To Remember! Look no further because this is the event planner you need in your life! Thank you for everything! - Alfonzo & Johnny
  • Ashley
    Ashley H. Married on 06/04/2021

Would recommend a thousand times over and over again!!!

Cannot say enough good things about An Event to Remember! Our wedding day was by the far the most special day of our lives. Shamika and her team literally made our dreams come true. From start to finish, I could not have asked for a more dedicated visionary working to make everything happen. You would never know all the hoops Shamika had to jump through working with our complicated venue because of how truly magical and easy she made our day/weekend. The details to the design and the execution of how everything turned out was beyond expectations. Not to mention gaining a friend through it all to make it even more special! Shamika has a gift and those who experience her become richer because of it. Would recommend a thousand times over and over again!
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie C. Married on 04/18/2021

The best coordinator!

We paid for the day of coordinator package, and Shamika was SO helpful with all things wedding planning and then ensuring our day ran smoothly. She was very accommodating when our wedding was postponed due to COVID. She went above and beyond her duties and we appreciated her so much. We are so glad we hired An Event to Remember!!
  • Mel
    Mel M. Married on 04/10/2021

Amazing Service!

We used An Event To Remember for bartending services and I would give them 10 stars if I could! We worked with Shamika to plan our bar menu, which included beer, wine, cocktails and two amazing specialty drinks: the Lavender Moscow Mule and the Rosemary Bourbon Sour. The specialty drinks were a hit, and Shamika was able to garnish our drinks with lavender sprigs, provided by us, and rosemary sprigs, provided by her team. We had almost 200 guests at our wedding and they provided excellent service. We also had a whiskey & cigar bar at our wedding and they were able to use one of the bartenders for that specialty bar - it was amazing! The planning process throughout our engagement was so easy and we always felt like we were in great hands. We had a Zoom meeting to make sure we got exactly what we wanted, and Shamika also met us at our venue and helped us determine the best spots to put the bars. She also ordered all of our alcohol through Specs and made sure it was delivered for us, so we didn't have to worry about it. Hire Shamika - you will not regret it!
    Michael W. Married on 02/01/2021

Excellent friendly service

Shamika and her team were a joy to work with for our wedding. They were very professional and also very friendly to us and our guests. I would highly recommend to anyone, and they were able to fill all our staffing needs (waiting tables, filling waters, clean up, etc)
    Sarah L. Married on 01/10/2021

Top-Notch Coordinator!

As an event planner myself, I think I was most nervous about finding a wedding coordinator who was highly organized in a laid-back manner. Bring in the business, I know this is a very delicate balance and not something that is easily learned. I needed someone who could take my vision and make it a reality, all while not making it more cumbersome for myself and my husband. Shamika and her team were this and more, and I truly can't recommend them enough. Their calm and collected demeanor, both before and during the big day, put me at ease and allowed me to enjoy what was truly a perfect day that would not have happened without them! They ran with every idea I had and made every vision come true and I can't thank them enough. I would HIGHLY recommend using them for your special event!
    Lindsay B. Married on 10/17/2020

Love Shamika!!

Shamika was wonderful to work with from the moment I first talked to her on the phone til the very end!! She went above and beyond and was so personable, helpful, and just a joy to work with!! You will not be sorry hiring An Event To Remember!! She brings a great presence of being in charge and kept the rehearsal, ceremony, and reception all running smoothly! I did not have to worry about a thing because I knew she would take care of everything!!
    Lisa R. Married on 08/08/2020

Hero Planner!!

So I hired Shamika when we postponed our wedding during the spring. I was completely devastated!! But Shamika and her team helped us re-gain focus and assisted with planning a smaller wedding. She truly made our day magical! Shamika and her team are the best!
  • Alina
    Alina R. Married on 03/06/2020

Wonderful Planner and Bartender Package.

We used Shamika as our day-of planner/organizer and we also used her bar package and staff. We were very happy with her services. She was so wonderful to work with, cheerful and chill even in the midst of stress. She kept everything running smoothly and on time and I would def recommend working with her. I wish we could have hired her to do the whole wedding planning.
    Taylor I. Married on 12/21/2019

Amazing coordinator!

Shamika and her assistant went above and beyond expectation! We booked her through our venue as a day-of coordinator but she assisted us all the way through our planning journey. She was organized, proactive, and professional all the way through. On the day of the wedding, she ensured everything ran on schedule and was helping however needed. Our wedding was running behind, but Shamika was easily able to adjust and get us back on track. Our day would not have been the same without her! Both my husband’s family and mine loved her!
    Lareigh Married on 09/11/2019

Couldn't have done it without them!

Shamika and her team are truly one of a kind! She helped me to think and plan for things that I never even thought of. And the day of, her team felt more like family! There were some hiccups throughout the day (mostly due to my scattered brain) and Shamika (#2 haha) was right there to take care of it all and I never even had to worry. Aside from that, she joined me on the dance floor and sealed it even more for me..the best wedding team out there!!! Thank you all so much for helping pull off the best day of our lives!
  • Sarah
    Sarah P. Married on 06/15/2019

Went above and beyond consistently!

We found Shamika / An Event To Remember by way of purchasing a package from Brushy Creek Events. A day-of coordinator and coordinator of vendors was part of that package, and so shortly after signing on with Brushy Creek we were put in contact with Shamika for our day-of-coordination. From the start (maybe 7 or 8 mos before the wedding) Shamika worked with us to determine what rental needs we had and since she had experience working with BCE she provided a lot of insight into what upgrades we may need to consider and what additional things we may need to rent/buy that were not part of the package. She knew what most vendors would be bringing (and what they would not) and whatever she didn’t know, she went and found out. She went WAY above and beyond for us during the planning phases and then knocked it out of the park the day of. Everything went according to plan. Her staff took care of everything and made sure everything went on schedule and that people who needed to know where to be and when. And she did it all with a smile and a friendly attitude. She was invaluable to us and our wedding would not have been the success it was without her. She has many years experience in the biz and it shows. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend her and her team!!
    Hailey Married on 05/04/2019

Fun to work with

Shamika and event to remember are great to work and very flexible. I'll be the first to admit I'm high maintenance and hate giving control to anyone for fear that things won't end up the way I want but she is super understanding and does her best to give you your perfect vision. My parents were definitely thrilled to be able to relax and enjoy the night without having to worry about making sure everything went smoothly because she was on top of it!

She is also very responsive to email.
    Meredith Married on 04/06/2019

Highly recommend

Shamika is magical and she deserves every good thing that comes to her in life. She was our day-of coordinator booked through Brushy Creek Events, and I feel she consistently went above and beyond what I would have expected from her. When BCE confusion and vendor issues stressed me out, she calmed me down and helped me figure it out. When the wedding day became a shitshow (and oh did it become a shitshow - torrential downpour, last second vendor cancellations... you name the bad thing, it happened on our wedding day), Shamika took the reins, called in backup, and miraculously pulled it off. We had a beautiful ceremony and a wonderful time, and I cannot believe she managed to make it happen! We're legitimately considering naming our first born after her haha. Basically, words cannot describe how highly I recommend her. Thank you Shamika - you have no idea how much your efforts mean to us.
    Lauren Married on 10/27/2018
    Our outdoor brunch wedding was a huge success thanks to An Event To Remember. The temps in early April dropped quickly into the 40s and threatened to drive the guests away... so with NO notice, after the outdoor ceremony, Shamika and her team helped to flip the whole reception indoors. She didn't bat an eye or act flustered at all! By the time we finished photos- we had moved from a garden party, to an indoor toasty reception. Incredible. If you are on the fence about needing a coordinator- don't hesitate!!! Book An Event To Remember now!
    Christine Married on 05/05/2018
    Shamika and her team did a wonderful job! Shamika is super organized and was quick to answer my questions throughout the whole process. She is a lot of fun and I really enjoyed working with her.
    D Married on 04/15/2018
    We met Shamika at a venue open house. Right off the bat we knew we wanted to hire her for her services. We chose the 'Simply Details' package which includes day-of coordination as well as communicating with and visiting vendors and providing input. Shamika was our ROCK when unexpected changes occurred (oohh there were many..). Her professionalism is top-notch and the women who help her on the day-of were great. My husband says they were worth every penny and more!! Hire An Event to Remember to make your day go smoooooooth! Shamika, you're the best!! <3
    Melissa Married on 02/17/2018
    We had so much dun with shamika !! Thank you so much
    Hanna Married on 02/10/2018
    An Event to Remeber is who you are looking for! Shamika was always available leading up to my wedding to get quotes and/or send me recommendations to check out myself. All the fun stories you read on all the wedding websites always seem to be the “ideal” situations, well it rained on our wedding day...her team was AWESOME they moved everything around like it was nothing, and it was even MORE beautiful than I hadn’t planned. She was as involved as I asked her to be with planning and so accommodating. Look no further for your coordination team! LOVED An Event to Remember
    Kiera Event on: 09/16/2017
    I booked an Event To Remember for my Baby- Shower and the service was exceptional!
    Mr. M. Married on 09/08/2017
    I can't thank you enough for everything you have done for us both leading up to the wedding and especially that day! It was truly magical and the best day ever! We just wish we were able to give you a hug at the end of the night to show you our appreciation! Everything was just so beautiful and it was everything we imagined and more thanks to you! Thank you for all the amazing vendor recommendations ...they were all the best! And all my family and friends raved about all of them- including you! It was truly the best wedding! :)
    Cheyanne Married on 08/12/2017
    An Event to Remember made sure my day was perfect and absolutely beautiful. I was in contact with Shamika from the very first day I contacted her up until the day of the wedding. She helped me with every detail from cake tastings, floral appointments, linen selection, the whole nine. I was able to text, call, or email Shamika day or night with ideas, questions, or concerns. The morning of the wedding we learned I didn't have enough table runners Shamika and her staff went out of their way the day of to make sure I got my extra runners and even additional vases I didn't know were needed. An Event to Remember does great work, very elegant events. Shamika is very professional and easy to work with. I would recommend her to anyone planning a wedding, party, or any other event. My husband and I are very satisfied with the service we received.