Amy Ellis Photography Reviews

View more information

• Sarah
    Ethan S. Married on 12/28/2019

Completely blown away

It's really hard for us to sit down and write this review because we honestly don't know where to begin. Amy is just the kindest, most thoughtful, extraordinarily talented and beautiful human. As a wedding photographer myself, it was really paramount that my husband and I have a photographer that we knew we could trust with all our hearts for our wedding, and Amy was undoubtedly that person. I know that our wedding photos are timelessly beautiful, extraordinarily true to us, and just so, so beautiful. I'm eternally amazed at how Amy managed to capture it all, no matter what it was. I heard that she had been described as a ninja, and I sort of chuckled at that until I experienced the way that she works. She. Is. A. Ninja. She captures all of the little quiet moments alongside the loud ones, and it's all crafted absolutely brilliantly. We are forever grateful for Amy. We hold our wedding images and the memories she was with us to create so near and dear to our hearts.
    Katie R. Married on 11/17/2018

perfect photographer for us!

What a treat to work with Amy Ellis! Our first introduction was on Skype and we instantly loved her fun, relaxed personality and her enthusiasm for capturing images from such an important day! Her catalog of work was beautiful but we were even more thrilled when we worked with her for our own engagement photo shoot. Amy listened to ideas we had and offered suggestions for shots and spots about the city, too. These photos were STUNNING and confirmed we made the right choice.

Amy was always available for questions and checked in several times during the planning process. I really appreciated the thorough survey she sent out and reviewed before the wedding to make sure she shot people and events most important to us. She also wanted to be sensitive to any unique/contentious family situations, which was so thoughtful and considerate. Spending hours with Amy during the wedding day was such a treat! Along with being so kind and easy to be around, she was such a professional and kept us on track all day too. I felt like she was my advocate too - especially when a family member basically demanded a photo not on our discussed list, making sure I was okay with any changes. We received amazing preview photos just a few short days after the wedding and are SO excited to see the rest! Amy thoughtfully and beautifully captured such a special day to us and we’re so thankful to have had the chance to work with her.
    Cori Married on 09/22/2018
    Amy was wonderful to work with! She was able to use my engagement photo time and add to our reception! She was super responsive and made my dream (pinterest boards!!) come true! I haven't even received all my photos yet and I just can't stop looking at the previews I received because they are so perfect! I will highly recommend Amy Ellis and if I ever need a photographer again, she will be top on my list!
    Melanie Married on 05/26/2018
    Where should I begin, Amy Ellis is amazing. If you want someone who is fun, easy to work with, organized, and will deliver amazing photos Amy Ellis Photography is for you. I had a nightmare of a wedding planner, but with Amy checking in, reviewing my day of timeline, and making suggestions, I felt very confident things would run smoothly and we would have great photos to remember our day for years to come. (Everything did go perfectly, fortunately I had great vendors that I trusted completely). My husband is that person ducking from the camera, putting his hand in front of his face, or just missing from every picture, but Amy made him feel comfortable and confident in front of the camera. First time he’s never put up a fight about being in a picture! The aspect I love most about working with Amy is that the photos are not stagnant and posed. She captures the life and the real moments. I can’t recommend Amy Ellis Photography enough! You won’t be disappointed.
    Amy Married on 10/21/2017
    Hiring Amy Ellis as our photographer was one of the first and surest wedding decisions we made. We knew this lover of light would capture the tone and intent of our day and, sure enough, she did all that and more. We found her to be an undeniable list of the following: warm, unassuming, informed, thorough, guiding, calming, clear, professional, invested, open, and patient. She remembered our family members' names and relationships without error and seamlessly joined festivities while navigating our important moments. My wife and I were grateful for her (as expected!) enthusiasm for the nontraditional; the resulting photographs under her direction made even the most ordinary moments look extraordinary. Being a queer couple, it was important to us to surround ourselves and nonconforming friends with folks that would be respectful and mindful and Amy was just that. From a business perspective, Amy Ellis conducted all communication with heart and meticulous absorption. (In fact, we welcomed joyous Skype conversations, gifts, pertinent questionnaires, and follow-up's in our Seattle home consistently over the course of two years!) Preview photographs were delectable; turnaround time on final photographs was swift. Her website is easily navigable and all her business styling is done with thoughtful design. What a treasure and what an eye!
    Alicia Married on 04/30/2016
    Amy Ellis Photography was one of the easiest decisions my husband and I made for our wedding. Ryan hates having his photo taken, but after our initial meeting with Amy, he agreed that her fun, quirky personality would mesh with ours and it would feel most natural to work with her. He couldn't have been more right! We had the pleasure of road tripping to Asheville and Craggy Pinnacle with Amy for our engagement shoot in September and had the best time! She made us laugh and captured moments we didn't even know happened...so many of the little things it's easy to miss in busy life were captured so beautifully. She truly encompassed the things we hold dear to our relationship in her photos. Fast forward to our wedding in April and our experience was even better. Amy was flexible (she trekked with us from our garden wedding to coffee to a great spot for skyscraper photos to our Uptown reception without even blinking), she was professional (Ryan and I have never seen our families move so quickly than when she was organizing photos), and she was most of all fun (I don't know many photographers who will break it down with you and grandpa on the dance floor). I received preview photos to share with family and friends shortly after the wedding and the rest in no time. I would give Amy Ellis Photography a 12/10 and recommend Amy to any bride who wants natural, beautiful photos of their wedding day! She we met above and beyond to make everything easy, and we love our photos!