Amorology Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner

• Amanda
    Katie Married on 02/21/2021

Best wedding decision

When we initially started wedding planning, we contacted Heather's team and decided their services were out of our price range. We started working with another planner, and then... COVID hit. We have a medically fragile daughter so we cancelled our fall 2020 wedding in May 2020 and put planning on pause. By October we realized there was not an end in sight and we still really just wanted to celebrate each other. We decided to move forward with a small, intimate ceremony with our kids and a few family members.

Having worked with another planner, and having gone through the wedding planning process previously, I knew what I wanted to avoid this time around. And I knew I needed Heather.

Without a doubt [besides marrying the love of my life :)] finding the room in our budget for Amorology was the best wedding decision we made. From the very beginning, Heather's team was responsive and attentive. Despite the fact that our wedding was tiny and had a much smaller budget than most weddings, they attended to every single detail-- even the ones I didn't know existed.

I truly wish I had words to accurately represent how phenomenal working with Amorology was, and how perfect the wedding they designed turned out to be. I am not the girl who spend her life dreaming about what her wedding would look like, and Amorology turned me into the woman crying over how well our wedding invitations reflected our love. Amorology's team embraced everything about us and found a way to turn "us" into a wedding theme. They managed to design a wedding that was detailed, without being over done. I do not regret a single moment.

It has been three weeks since our wedding and while I cannot say I miss wedding planning-- I do miss working with Amorology and the team of vendors they helped build for our day.

While we didn't have many wedding guests, looking out and seeing Amorology's team, I felt surrounded by friends on our wedding day.
  • Cavin
    Cavin U. Married on 07/04/2019

The best wedding designer!

As a wedding photographer (Cavin Elizabeth), I've known Heather for several years. Before I even got engaged, I knew she was the only person I would want to hire to design our wedding. She was one of the first vendors we booked and although she was over our budget, we had to make it work.

Since we booked partial planning and design, her team started working 2 months out from the wedding to help with designs and logistics. They did help with our save the date and invites a little earlier to make sure they would be cohesive with our wedding day elements.

Heather and her team are exceptionally skilled at creating incredibly unique designs that show the couple's story and personalities. We weren't sure what she would come up with for us and she surprised up by choosing a theme of smoothie making which harkened back to part of our story when we first met. Heather suggested hiring Jamba Juice to go along with our cocktails at the Fairmont Grand Del Mar and it was such a huge hit!

Guests were in awe of the designs and how fun and colorful the tables were. We couldn't be more thrilled with how the look of the day turned out. If you want a truly original and authentic wedding that's Martha Stewart-worthy, look no further than Amorology!
    Tawnae Married on 04/20/2019

Easter wedding

It has always been my dream to get married on Easter but I could have never imagined in my wildest dreams something as perfect as Heather and the Amorology team put together! Every detail was perfect. So much thought and creativity went in to every inch of our venue! My guests are still talking about the “most beautiful wedding they’ve ever seen.” We’re so glad we had the opportunity to work with Amorology
    Liz Married on 06/09/2018
    What an amazing party! It was the party of my DREAMS because of Amorology. The bride (my daughter) was completely thrilled with absolutely everything. She noticed and she expressed appreciation over and over.
    Seeing Troy's arch go up in the back yard was my first clue that this was going to be a great event. Can't believe how gorgeous it was with Tint and Timber flowers. WOWOWOW. It took my breath away!
    Then approaching the cocktail space - I have no idea how Heather made that bare-bones set up REALLY sing. It was lovely.
    And the reception space! The fabric-covered poles! The clean white stage! The escort table! The backdrop! The delight of the guests as they approached the escort table! I know I loved it! And I did see pictures being taken in front of it. The head table was just exquisite. My daughter was soooo happy with the natural, enchanted vibe of that reception centerpiece. The linen, the gold candles. mmHm. Heather knew just the right understated details to make it special. Those details totally brought it together in a subconscious way. (Not matchy, just organic).
    I love everything Heather talked me into. She was very respectful of our budgetary desires, but showed us things that could really polish up the edges.
    People commented on the seamless flow of everything. And I now know that is no accident. The bride and groom were so impressed with assistant Maggie. I was impressed with assistant Margo and the whole Amorology team in the weeks leading up to the event. Their experience, talent, and gracious way with us and with the guests was lovely.
    One friend paid me the ultimate compliment; she described the over-arching feeling of love that permeated the whole affair. Amorology let that all happen by not letting any of the mechanics of the evening stick out. Just perfection.
    I am as frugal as they come; it was a BIG decision to even consider a wedding planner. But believe it or not, with Amorology you will feel that you got a GREAT VALUE, as I did.
    Chelsea Married on 04/29/2017
    There are a sea of wedding planners who will arrange for beautiful bouquets, cute invitations, charming escort displays, and picturesque tablescapes… These planners are undoubtedly talented, but they do not hold a candle to Heather Balliet and the gals at Amorology. Amorology is truly in a league of their own. They don’t just create a pretty picture, they take the lives, personalities, and visions of the bride and groom and transform them into a fairytale personal to the couple. Thanks to Amorology, our wedding was not only hundred times more beautiful than we could have imagined, but also felt true to who we are and like it could have only belonged to us. The single best decision I made during the wedding process (after saying yes!) was enlisting the help of Amorology.

When I finally sat down with Amorology to go over the design concept for my wedding (after planning the wedding from hundreds of miles away), I was left speechless by what they had designed. Heather had 3 or 4 ideas for each aspect of the wedding, any one of which would have surpassed anything I could imagine. It was at the point that I realized I was in the presence of a wedding master, and that however beautiful or interesting I had pictured my wedding, Amorology would eclipse that in ways I did not know were possible. Heather’s supreme imagination, keen eye for design, love of detail, and utmost competence are a rare combination.

Amorology’s fees are extremely reasonable considering the amount of work they put into each wedding. In fact, I am confident that I was able to save more money than I spent on Amorology as a result of their ability obtain preferential pricing with from vendors or on housewares they keep in stock. I am so thankful that Heather and her team exist, and that I was fortunate enough to work with them. If you want a wedding that is the most beautiful, unique, and deeply personal wedding that you or your guests will ever witness, book Amorology.
    Hayley Married on 08/27/2016
    When I first got engaged, I was definitely one of those people who was convinced I did not need a wedding planner. My career is in scheduling (heavy organization/detail) and I share a pretty good eye for design with my mother who agreed to help me. But thank goodness I realized pretty quickly that organizing a wedding is a full time job I didn't have enough time for and I didn't know nearly as much about weddings as I thought.

Once I decided to start looking for a wedding planner, I immediately put Amorology and Heather Balliet at the top of my wish list! I had been following them on Instagram for awhile and always thought their work was incredibly gorgeous and dreamy. To get a full scope, I also took appointments with two other highly recommended planning groups and immediately knew I had to go with Heather after we met. It was one of those meetings where both my Mom and I left saying "We have to have her do the wedding!" Not even a discussion. From the first moment I met with them to even now after the wedding, they have been so thorough. I can't come up with enough amazing thing to say about them. From being completely organized and responsive to every whim, request and question to making my every wildest dream come true as far as design. Heather and the Amorology team truly are the best of the best. If you are looking for a planning partner your endless searching stops here!
    Sonya Married on 09/12/2015
    Heather and her team did an amazing job arranging the decor, keeping our wedding on-time, running smoothly, and even putting out some small "fires" that we had unexpectedly that day. She also is very creative and made some displays much better than I had envisioned!
    We had some vendors that unfortunately dropped the ball on our wedding day, but Heather was there picking up pieces the best she could. I really felt like we were in good hands. You can absolutely trust her dedication and passion for her work!
  • Richelle
    Richelle Married on 05/23/2015
    Let's get this straight: Heather is not your average coordinator. She takes the time to get to know you and your partner. She asks all the important questions, she learns about your family, your style. She labors over every decision that you have to make like it's her own and I cannot even begin to stress how important that is. She welcomes you into her home and her family like she's a long lost sister you never knew you had. And in the end all this hard work and love that she pours into your wedding day shows with the results she produces. It doesn't look like some typical wedding, it looks like one that was put on by an extremely talented and brilliant friend who's known you your whole life - because honestly that's what ends up happening, Heather becomes more than your coordinator, she becomes a really great friend who you can trust and rely on. I told her she's been added to our Christmas Card List for life now. For how controlling I can be when it comes to decorating, etc. I was amazed by how many times I would tell her "just do your thing, I trust you!" and boy am I so glad that I did. Our wedding was beautiful; beyond anything I could have ever imagined.

One month later and our friends and family can't stop talking about our wedding. They go on and on about how amazing it was, how everything was so detailed and personal. That you could tell it was our wedding and just "so us". People who we work with who didn't attend have the same reaction just from the pictures. That, in my opinion, is the best compliment you could have given us. I wanted our guests to feel us and love on our day and Heather hit it out of the park - like if we were AT&T stadium the ball is in the water and someone just won some tacos.

Hire her, trust her, let her do her thing and you won't be sorry. Believe me.
    Paige Married on 05/24/2014
    Heather and her team and truly the best wedding planning service out there. From helping us find venues, to staying in budget, to staying extremely organized and keeping us sane, to executing the wedding day, they are flawless! While my fiancé and i were engaged, we were both working full time and in school. The amorology team made us feel not stressed or worried about our big day. They took care of all the messy stuff and left us to do the fun stuff! Like cake testing ?? They emailed us promptly and diligently during planning to make sure our day would be exactly as we imagined it. And it was even better than I imagined!! We love amorology and you will not regret working with them.
    Tory Married on 05/17/2014
    Heather and her team at Amorology planned our wedding in May. I seriously don't even know where to begin... I could write a novel on how amazing my experience was.

Heather is one of the kindest, most thoughtful and creative human beings I've ever encountered. My husband and I were blown away by her every step of the way.

She listened to what we wanted, bent over backwards to make our event specific and special to us in every detail.... and the woman LOVES details. She has such an incredible eye for design and her ideas and creativity are endless.

Not only is Heather obviously a creative and design genius, but more than that, Heather is a friend. Sometimes with the stress of a wedding, things seem overwhelming. I think I wrote an email every week of my engagement telling the Amorology girls that I would be a complete mess without them and thanking them. It was the truth! I was told by so many people what a "mellow" bride I was... even the week of my wedding when San Diego was on fire and our homes (both mine and Heather's) were evacuated!!!

My response to everyone pointing out my lack of stress was "well that's because I have the best wedding planner in the world." It was an easy process. Everything was so organized for me and every single one of the girls working for Heather was an absolute joy to work with.

I seriously MISS THESE PEOPLE because I used to have a reason to bug them all the time! Ha ha.

If you hire Heather, not only will your wedding be flawless, but it will be the most beautiful event you've ever been to.... and your guests will be floored.

Thank you Heather, and ALL THE GIRLS and Troy! We love you guys and are so lucky to get to keep you as friends. It's such a bummer we're only planning on throwing a wedding once :)
    Alyssa Married on 01/03/2014
    Heather and the Amorology team are absolutely incredible at what they do! Heather is extremely creative and talented, and she makes the planning process so fun and easy. She made it a point to make the wedding very personal and incorporated sweet details about our relationship. The result was an absolutely gorgeous and unique wedding! We would highly recommend Amorology to anyone who wants a beautiful, stress-free, detail-oriented wedding. Particularly, we recommend their full wedding services!
    Brandi Married on 10/05/2013
    Heather and the Amorology team are the absolute best at creating a one of a kind wedding experience. We were so impressed with their ability to take into account our interests, likes and dislikes, and create a personalized and stylish event. The team always asked for our input and feedback and kept us updated regarding our budget; so we never worried that we would have any unpleasant surprises. Heather puts her whole heart into everything she does, and it shines through in every last detail.
    Rose Married on 08/09/2013
    Amorology is the most amazing wedding planning company!!! They planned my wedding and honestly it was the most beautiful wedding. Heather, Troy, and their whole team were so amazing! They were on the ball and were fast to respond to any questions. Heather really listens to what you want and does everything to make it perfect for you. They helped with things that they didn't even have to help with, but because they love their clients and want the wedding to be amazing just as much as you do they are happy to help with anything that will make the wedding more perfect. After my wedding I felt like I had gained a group of new friends. Heather is such a sweetheart. She really makes you feel like your wedding is the most important thing to her. She has such fabulous ideas and creates wonderful themes.

Everything at the wedding was perfect. There wasn't one thing that I would have changed. The wedding was more beautiful than I ever imagined my wedding being. With the help of the Amorology team the wedding was flawless. She was so organized and helped with everything on the day of the wedding. I was able to enjoy the wedding because I knew that the Amorology team was there and would make sure everything was perfect and on schedule.

Heather and the whole time also did such an amazing job at staying within the budget and really making sure that what you want is included in the wedding, but if the budget doesn't allow something they will find something that is just as perfect but that will fit in the budget.

I truly couldn't say enough amazing things about Amorology. They exceeded every expectation I had for my wedding and they made wedding planning so enjoyable. I was sad when my wedding was over because I couldn't talk to Amorology almost every day!

Connie Married on 06/22/2013
    Heather and the entire Amorology team were amazing during the wedding planning process - from beginning to end. They took what seemed to be an overwhelming process and made it really enjoyable. We really loved that they incorporated our personalities, interests and memories into our wedding and also listened to what we wanted our guests to experience on our wedding day. The result was a personalized, romantic and truly stunning event that we'll never forget. We went with their full scale event planning services, and it was absolutely worth it. We always tell everyone that the best decision we made for the wedding planning process was deciding to work with Amorology!
    Jamie Married on 07/14/2012
    Heather and her team are AMAZING! She has such incredible style, grace, and professionalism! I couldn't have been happier with her work as our planner. She eased the process, connected us with great vendors, stayed in constant contact, and transformed my dream wedding into a reality! Heather truly is the best decision we made for our wedding! Consider yourself a lucky bride to be working with Amorology!
  • User831166 2+ years ago
    I don't have enough wonderful things to say about Heather and Team Amorology. We planned our Indian American fusion wedding long distance so a full coordination team was a must! I researched tons of blogs and magazines and kept seeing Amorology's cute, whimsical and memorable style...so of course I booked them a year in advance! Heather and her team made me feel like I was in good hands since Day 1. I told her what colors I liked and through a super fun personality quiz, she came up with the most personal, personality filled, medical themed (we both are doctors) wedding ever! She managed to please my Indian mom who wanted glamourous, my husband who wanted preppy and simple, and me who wanted whimsical-chic! All the hard work was done for me and I would literally just have to choose between 2-3 fabulous options for everything...flowers, linens, favors, dessert displays, etc. Her and her team were also SO good about answering every single one of my emails super fast...which kept me calm during the entire process :)

We had a large Hindu, Christian, back-to-back double ceremony at the Hilton La Jolla which lasted for 10 hours. This of course lent itself to MANY hotel issues, caterer issues, timing issues, etc, etc. I literally did not know about a single stressor before or during the wedding. I was told about every problem much after it was solved by Amorology or replaced by something better. I was probably the happiest, most relaxed bride ever because of Team Amorology. Their dedication to making your day perfection is beyond what anyone would expect (Heather was there running the show and was a week away from giving birth!). Looking back, my Mom and I talk about how necessary it is to have a wedding coordinator. There are so many issues that a couple doesn't even think about, epsecially when you are having a large wedding. There's a reason why their work is published repeatedly in magazines and wedding websites...they're amazing at what they do!
    Sarah Married on 10/09/2010
    Loved them! Heather and her team at Amorology were amazing! I wrote a full review for them here: http://bit.ly/hp3gLK
    Tesse Married on 07/17/2010
    Heather and her staff created a celestial wonderland for our wedding and I just don't know how to put "wow" into intelligible words! It's indescribable - entering the venue was like walking into a magazine layout. Every detail was perfect and every little part related to US. She took the time to understand us and our families, she was able to think on her feet and adjust accordingly (such as accommodating a disabled guest), she took the stars and sky details down to the smallest detail, and the guests were impressed. Not only did the wedding LOOK good - it ran smoothly, the planning was smooth (Heather presented us with ideas & told us what decisions needed to be made - we made 'em), and well, it was a darn good wedding. I highly recommend Amorology.
    Tesse Married on 07/17/2010
    Heather from Amorology was the most amazing and creative planner ever. More people told us that they felt like they were at a magazine wedding - and that the little touches just made it feel more special. Heather and her staff were easy to work with and had terrific suggestions. They were worth every penny we paid them... making the wedding a fun and easy event for our whole family.

Check out her blog for examples of her work. This is not a case of bait & switch - your wedding WILL look like those pictures.

I want to get married again just so I could have Heather plan another amazing event!!! (Maybe in a few years an anniversary party???)
    Robyn Married on 08/22/2009
    Heather and her amazing team made our dream wedding into a reality! I consider myself to be a pretty creative person who had a specific artistic vision in mind for our wedding. I had met with a few other wedding planners before coming across one of Amorology’s weddings in a San Diego bridal magazine. The other planners were nice people, but did not have the class and creative talent I was looking for. When I saw the originality, inventiveness, attention to detail, and pure beauty of this wedding, I was truly inspired and knew Heather had to be our wedding planner. I called her to set up a meeting and instead of having me meet her at a coffee shop as the other wedding planners I had interviewed did; she kindly invited me over to her beautiful home. I got to see her personal style and experience her warm personality and I knew we were perfect match.

Amorology’s niche in the wedding planning business is their commitment to freshness. If you want to host the same old wedding you have been to over and over again just with a different color scheme- you might want to hire another planner. But, if you want something that people will truly remember and talk about for years as the BEST wedding they have ever been to- Heather is your girl!

Amorology’s commitment to originality and exquisiteness can’t be beat! Heather quickly got to know my personality as a whimsical science teacher/ gardener/ outdoorswoman and personalized our wedding to have an elegant natural history museum feel. Heather works with an amazing group of vendors and is great at negotiating her brides’ good deals. She picked out the most elegant tablecloths, wooden chairs, paper products, and up- lighting for our big day. Her mom designed the stunning floral centerpieces along with the personal flowers, aisle décor, and gorgeous arbor. I love that they worked together as a team so no important information was lost in the shuffle. Most memorable for my guests was the colorful custom candy station she designed. Her whole team has impeccable taste, which made it very easy to trust them with the most important day of your life.

Working with Heather was comfortable and fun. Because if her great taste, I would often bounce ideas for bridesmaids dresses off her and she would promptly search the internet with my style and budget in mind and shoot me back a bunch of links to dresses. She would often find items (décor/ideas) that teamed with the wedding theme and email them over to me. This saved me lots of time searching stores and the Internet. It was always easy to get a hold of her and she was always very efficient and organized.

The biggest and most stressful thing was organizing the details for the actual wedding ceremony and the reception. Heather and her team met me at the location numerous times and walked through each detail with me, putting my mind at ease. She got every one where they needed to be and hooked us up with an awesome photographer, ceremony officiant, and DJ. She coordinated the ceremony and made sure all of the events at the reception happened on time and as planned.

My friends still talk about how they had never been to wedding so stunning!
    If you need help with any event, make sure to check out her website and blog. She will take care of you as a friend! She is a miracle worker and deserves the lots of praise.
    Pernel Married on 05/30/2009
    Amorology made my wedding dreams come true. Heather and her team were an absolute joy to work with.
    Janette Married on 02/12/2009
    Heather helped us plan our daughter's wedding. Heather was creative, fun, organized and so easy to work with. Heather guided us through all the many, many aspects involved in planning a wedding. She helped us stay in our budget, she offered many different choices in catering, flowers, tables/chairs, place settings, linens, etc. the list goes on and on. Heather's expertise and gift of creativity made our daughters wedding the most absolute perfect day of her and our life. It was a pleasure to work with Heather and I highly recommend her to any future bride and her family.
    Jessica Married on 02/12/2009
    I loved working with Amorology to plan my wedding! They were wonderful to work with. Heather was responsive and so easy to work with. She listened to my ideas- and went above and beyond to create my dream wedding!
    Alison Married on 03/22/2008
    I have been married for two years now, and I always look back at my wedding with such fondness and delight! I do not regret a single thing about my whole planning experience and my wedding day, and I know that is due in great part to Amorology. The entire experience, from concept to production was so much fun and SO MUCH easier with the help of such creative and talented professionals! If you want a stress-free, storybook perfect, and totally unique wedding day, then I recommend taking advantage of all the great resources Amorology has to offer. I work creatively as well, but I never felt like my vision was lost. And if you're not creative by nature, well Heather has loads of creativity and ideas to spare!

Thanks Amorology. Love your guts!
  • User1782449 2+ years ago
    Christy and her assistant did a wonderful job at my wedding. Although my wedding party was small, and the guest list less than 80, I didn't realize how much I needed to have someone as organized and seasoned, like Christy, until the big day! We decided to go with Amorology because we instantly felt at ease with the whole team; they were professional, understood the vibe we were looking for, and were approachable and accommodating.

I originally interviewed another planner before choosing Christy. The first planner I interviewed was sweet, but on some level, I felt like I hadn't really connected with her. I mentioned this to my girlfriend who works in the wedding industry, and she told me to go with my gut and not "settle" for a wedding planner. I'm so glad we went with Christy because there were so many important pieces that needed to be accomplished the day of, and we completely trusted Christy to get it done.

The wedding was wonderful and went on without a hitch. At the end of the night after my husband and I were exhausted from all the emotional highs from the day, Christy and her assistant did a great job of collecting my things and making sure everything was squared away. I would definitely recommend Amorology’s services to anyone!