Amore Events by Cody, LLC Reviews

Amore Events by Cody, LLC 5
Amore Events by Cody, LLC 6
Amore Events by Cody, LLC 7

Emily · Married on 01/26/2019

Best In The Business: Exquisite Taste, Artistic, Incredibly Organized, & Thoughtful

Our wedding was gorgeous, and it's because Cody is a creative leader with the patience of a saint and the professional tact of a Fortune 500 executive. If her 500+ perfect reviews haven't convinced you of her skill, then you should know that I had to change my original venue 60 days out and Cody magically took my heaping mess and transformed it into the best day of my and my husband's lives. We held our ceremony at the UVA Chapel and then hosted our reception at Common House on the mall. Cody planned the first-ever wedding at Common House, leading not only her own staff, but also working seamlessly with the venue's entire staff + my external vendors to ensure everything from music to flowers to food to drink to toasts and so much more were amazing.

I can't put into words how incredibly amazing and hardworking Cody is. She went above and beyond thinking of details I couldn't even begin to forecast, making our wedding absolutely beautiful, personal, and unique. This woman recreated Kate Middleton's bouquet for me, which required flying flowers in from freaking Europe. She even coordinated our sword arch the day-of as a last minute request. Her timelines are a detailed work of art, and she handles coordinating with staff and vendors, ensuring everyone is exactly where they need to be at the perfect moment.

Of all the expenses involved in a wedding, I would say Cody's services are the most imperative. I promise it will be the best decision you make. And just as a side note–she and her family are good people, and I feel honored to have gotten to know and work with her. Ooorah.

Amore Events by Cody, LLC 8
    Amore Events by Cody, LLC 9
    Amore Events by Cody, LLC 10
    Amore Events by Cody, LLC 11
    Amore Events by Cody, LLC 12
  • Caroline

Caroline · Married on 11/17/2018

Karen at Amore is my FAVORITE!

Karen McGrath at Amore Events served as our day-of coordinator. She was positively flawless and we couldn't have done it without her! She really took the reins about a month before the wedding. We had weekly calls, and it felt weird at first to surrender control over some of the vendor relationships and things, but it was a real joy to not have to worry about the small details. She also helped us in a pinch when we couldn't find bus vendors because so many were booked up. She was great at getting us through rehearsal with as little stress as possible, and helped us think about all the details we might have missed. On the day of our wedding, she seemed to be both everywhere and nowhere - she and her team of assistants were taking care of everything seamlessly without feeling like they were underfoot. There was a minor medical emergency with one of our guests - and Karen made sure there wasn't a big production stopping the whole reception. At the end of the night, everything that needed to be packed up and returned with us was neatly prepared and put into my mom's car. She even worked with our friends who were serving as our "vendors" for things like flowers, decorations and our Master of Ceremonies. We absolutely couldn't have done it without her.

• Amanda

Amanda Eisner · Married on 11/04/2018

The wedding planner of your dreams

If you are looking for an impeccable wedding planner, look no further. Cody was absolutely fantastic in every way possible. I remember the day we hired her, my mom called me and said, "I found your planner - there's no need to speak to anyone else, we must go with Cody." Right off the bat, my mom and I could tell that Cody knew what she was doing. Over the next 10 months leading up to the wedding, Cody made me feel as if I were her only bride. She is extremely attentive, organized, and detail oriented. She answered calls, texts, and emails immediately no matter the time of day. Cody was reassuring but honest throughout the whole process. She has amazing relationships with vendors in the area and connected us with the most amazing team. Cody gets the job done - she is 100% on your team throughout it all. With any hiccup or potentially difficult decision that came my way, Cody guided me through it with grace. As an added bonus, Cody has unbelievable taste and she helped me design every last detail of my dream wedding. I trusted her completely to guide me through every big and little decision when it came to design.

Then, there was the wedding day itself! Just when I thought Cody couldn't get any better, she blew me away on our wedding day. She was unbelievably calm which made me feel so calm. While I was hanging with my girls and enjoying the morning of our wedding day, Cody flawlessly handled everything behind the scenes. Everything ran like a dream. Like all weddings, we had a few moments where problem-solving was necessary. I had no idea when any of these moments occurred because Cody handled them so beautifully.

I'm sad my wedding day is over because I won't be able to talk to Cody all the time! I can honestly say she is now a dear friend. She made the whole planning process extremely memorable, and I will always be grateful to her for that.

Jillian Devito · Married on 11/03/2018

Incredible!

I was BLOWN away by Cody! She was recommended to me by the event planner at Pippin Hill and I could not be MORE satisfied with her services. I plan corporate events at a hedge fund in NYC and have very high standards/can be a bit particular. Cody knew exactly what I wanted and gave me EXACTLY what I envisioned. All my friends who got married told me to prepare for something to go wrong on my wedding day and honestly, it was absolutely flawless. All of my guests told me it was the best/most beautiful wedding they have ever been to - and I wish I could do it all over again with Cody as my planner!

Amore Events by Cody, LLC 13

Caroline Conkwright · Married on 10/13/2018

Cody is my hero

Cody is seriously THE BEST! After seeing my sister plan her own wedding I knew I was going to hire a planner for my big day. Cody was so much more than just a wedding planner. She became a friend, a cheerleader, even a therapist haha. She helped me every step of the way - choosing the perfect vendors, keeping me on schedule, always addressing any concerns, and helped plan every single detail. She made our wedding day absolutely perfect! Cody was always super responsive and assessable. On the day of, her staff was very professional and attentive and made sure the entire wedding party was well taken care of. She and her team allowed us to be able to actually relax and made our wedding day as stress free as possible. I would honestly not have changed a thing and have Cody to thank for that. I HIGHLY recommend her and can not thank her and the whole Amore staff enough. It was an absolute pleasure working with her.

Ashleigh · Married on 09/22/2018

I truly do not know where to start in describing how incredible Cody is. She is the most passionate person about her job and her brides. While knowing all along I was, of course, not Cody’s only bride, she ALWAYS made me feel as though I was. We spoke weekly for 1.5 years leading up to the wedding, and I can honestly say I looked forward to those calls not just because she is a BOSS at getting things done/keeping me on schedule, but she is truly a delight to chat with. She is unbelievably organized and has this wedding planning thing down to a science - from all the incredible spreadsheets and contacts she has, you are set from the get go. My husband and I were very adamant about our budget, and Cody set honest expectations from the beginning and met our goals FLAWLESSLY. I could go on and on about Cody the wedding planner I had and Cody the friend I now have. It was the absolute best wedding planning experience I could’ve ever asked for, especially as an the admittedly anxious former bride I was. I loved her, my parents loved her - she is so special. Work with her and you will not regret it for one second!! :)

Jenny · Married on 09/15/2018

There are too many good things to say about Cody, I don't even know where to start. I found Cody a year ago through her incredible reviews on WeddingWire. Cody was available to chat immediately when I reached out. She took her time to explain her services, answer my questions, and was honest with me about what to expect in the wedding planning process including all expenses to expect for our chosen wedding venue. After that, Cody poured her heart into the year long wedding planning process. She set up conference calls every single week to answer questions, and keep me on track with various tasks. Cody really cares about each of her clients and will do everything in her power to exceed your expectations! Cody is super accessible, and replies to your emails, texts, and calls within minutes. We had our wedding one week ago and it was simply magical. Everything turned out so much better than we ever imagined, thanks to Cody. She kept me calm and reassured me every day during the week of the wedding, despite the stormy weather from Hurricane Florence heading our way. She is extremely organized and had the most detailed timeline to make sure the day goes by seamlessly. She is also very talented with wedding styles, design and decor. She made sure our wedding looked stunning while being mindful of what we envisioned and considering our budget. We will always appreciate Cody for her hard work, dedication to her job, and her friendship along the way. Thank you Cody!!

Jenny · Married on 09/15/2018

Meghan Horning · Married on 09/14/2018

Best Decision Ever (minus my husband!)

Two words of advice: HIRE CODY. This was the best decision my family and I made. I got married the week of Hurricane Florence. What should've been a stressful and hard week for me leading up was the opposite. Cody called/texted me everyday to ensure I was excited and to know everything was fine. Not only did she ease the nerves of myself and my family but she eased the nerves of even the guest. Cody made sure every vendor was aware that the wedding was happening and personally called every vendor to ensure they would be there.

Cody also had WEEKLY calls a year up to the wedding. With a huge family like mine that was amazing - my mom was able to be completely involved and loved being able to ask questions. Many brides think the process is very stressful, i love every part of my process thanks to Cody. If you are a bride that is not sure about the vendors she wants, trust Cody. I used every vendor Cody suggested and they were all amazing to work with.

You will without a doubt be missing out if you do not hire Cody. Cody - thank you for being the best decision we made throughout the wedding process!

Chris and Meg

• Megan

Megan · Married on 07/21/2018

Hiring Cody and her team was the BEST decision ever!

It's taken way too long to share our experience with Cody and her team...the wedding craziness ended but you know, life! It's nearly impossible to put into words how happy and grateful we are to have worked with Cody and her team for our special day.

Throughout our time planning she made sure our vision and voices were heard, down to every last detail. There's a reason they call her the Pippin guru - she really knows every single inch of that place! She's also such a sweet and caring person, and genuinely wants each of her brides to have the day of her dreams. I know she was swamped at times but she always made a point to answer my questions quickly and reassure any concerns.

All you can hope for on your wedding day is to feel relaxed, happy and enjoy every second, and we could all do so (families and bridal parties included) knowing she had everything covered. I truly had the A-team for vendors, all around! I'm pretty positive the entire day went perfectly, but if anything was off we had no idea. The only problem was it flew by even faster than everyone warned!

A HUGE thank you to her entire team (special shout out to Morgan, my personal bridal attendant) for making it the most perfect day!

Love you all!

Amore Events by Cody, LLC 18
    Amore Events by Cody, LLC 19
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 06/30/2018

Cody was fantastic to work with! Even though we only hired her for the day of package she never made us feel like an after thought. As we got close to the wedding date, she had weekly check in meetings to make sure we were on track and make herself available for any questions or concerns we had. She came in clutch for us on several issues we thought were insurmountable and she was able to find solutions and make it seem like a breeze! working with her will definitely keep your stress down and make you feel confident that even if everything doesn't go to plan, Cody will make it seem like it did :)

• Callie

Callie · Married on 06/16/2018

When I was little, I was (literally), obsessed with that JLo movie: “The Wedding Planner” - needless to say my expectation was that planning my own wedding would be a piece of CAKE - when, in reality, one month into planning - it was quickly becoming a bad remake of the movie: “Bridesmaids”. LOL. Finding Cody was like winning the lottery! She is an absolute dream to work with and will make your day even more perfect than you’ll ever imagine!

Cody, You are seriously a rockstar - Thank you for keeping-it-real when I’d bring those “new” reception-design-ideas to our weekly calls [2-3 weeks before the actual wedding] AND thank you for bringing some of those crazy ideas to life!

Thank you for everything! Miss you!
    xxoo,

Amore Events by Cody, LLC 24
    Amore Events by Cody, LLC 25
    Amore Events by Cody, LLC 26

Amy · Married on 05/27/2018

Cody was a Godsend! She guided us in creating an incredible wedding and brought it to life! We could never have done it ourselves. Cody’s talents are exceptional and she handled everything professionally and with grace. No one should plan a wedding without her—they’d be making a big mistake. ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Amore Events by Cody, LLC 27
    Amore Events by Cody, LLC 28

Janet · Married on 05/26/2018

Cody gave excellent advice, recommended great vendors, and did a fantastic job managing every detail. The day of the wedding she did a phenomenal job, and thanks to her the bride and groom and their extended family had a wonderful time. I recommend her very highly.

Laura · Married on 04/14/2018

Cody and her team were wonderful! Cody was always incredibly responsive and quick to return any calls or questions I had. She took care of so many details I never would have thought of and was proactive with each step of the process. Cody is so sweet and we all really enjoyed working with her! Amore Events' services are worth every penny!

Karen · Married on 03/24/2018

Cody is truly the best. There's simply no other way to put it. She is kind, calming and detail-oriented all things that make for a fabulous partner in planning such an important event! I worked with her over the past year on my March wedding at Pippin Hill and she lived up to her (fabulous) reputation in every way.

I worked with Cody on a "Day Of" package but she went ABOVE AND BEYOND for me and was there for questions and calls throughout the entire process. I was able to gut-check my choices along the way and get some expert insight on ideas for our big day. One of the things I treasured most about Cody is that she was honest and truly made me feel like her feedback and suggestions were coming from a place of wanting the best for my husband-to-be and I, not in any way trying to sell me on things we didn't want or that didn't make sense for us.

The other truly important and wonderful thing about Cody is how she and her team were on top of everything on the day of. Not only did I feel taken care of but my mother, my mother in law also truly felt special, taken care of and had a day without stress.

My husband and I planned our wedding new to the Charlottesville/Richmond area and truly couldn't have had the day of our dreams without Cody and her team.

Mindy · Married on 02/23/2018

Cody of Amore Events was the day-of wedding coordinator for our daughter's wedding at King Family Vineyards in February 2018. We are so VERY grateful for Cody and her team! She was wonderful to work with and was helpful with great suggestions leading up to the wedding. All of the vendors that she recommended were amazing and worked so well with her team. Our daughter had two young ladies assigned to her the moment she arrived at the vineyard and they took great care of ensuring she had everything she needed. Cody also provided a wonderful team to pack everything up at the end of the evening - and we brought a lot with us, including linens from the DC area! Our cars were packed and ready to go which was perfect after such a long, happy day.

Cody has an incredible eye for design and worked so hard to implement all the details of the day perfectly. Her timeline and planning documents were meticulous culminating in a beautifully seamless evening. I had complete confidence knowing that Cody would take care of everything. We were able to relax and enjoy the most amazing day in our daughter's life with our friends and family!!

Rachael · Married on 12/09/2017

Our wedding was magical because of Cody and her team. She really is the total package in a wedding planner. An elegant visionary, I trusted her completely to create the look and feel for our wedding. I had a vague idea of what I wanted, but couldn't articulate specifics beyond "classic" and "wintry." Cody’s design was more beautiful than I ever imagined. It was perfectly tailored to my taste - subtle and classic with a hint of glam. She had original ideas that translated into a cohesive concept suited to the venue. Some of my favorite elements were gold lanterns filled with candles, hemstitch napkins and a stunning family photo board covered in climbing greenery, all her concepts. She designed all of my flowers - bouquets, boutonnieres AND arrangements! They were works of art. A perfect blend of texture and color for an organic shape that highlighted winter. If you're not sure how to articulate your design vision, let Cody guide you. Even if you are sure, let her guide you! She has so much expertise and vision, aesthetically and logistically. Trust her and you will not be disappointed. Cody is intuitive. She knew when I was worried. She is reassuring and solution-oriented. When I saw obstacle, she saw possibility. She is quick to mitigate problems. It snowed on our wedding day, which created bad driving conditions. I was worried vendors wouldn't be able to show, but Cody offered to pick them up in her 4-wheel drive vehicle if needed. I was very impressed with her day-of staff. We had multiple locations, but everything ran smoothly. There were even 2 attendants dedicated to bride and wedding party! This allowed me to enjoy the moment rather than worrying about logistics. They coordinated all of the "people herding," vendor communication and setup. It was so nice! All were professional, sweet and eager to assist. Because of Cody, I will cherish my wedding day as a happy, beautiful, sacred moment free of stress and complication. She made my wedding dreams come true.

Melissa · Married on 12/02/2017

I could not have been more lucky to have Cody as my planner! I was working a job that required me to be on site 12+ hours a day and was planning my wedding from an entirely different state. She kept me on track, made it simple, and put me in touch with the very best vendors in Charlottesville. I didn't have time to waste but also didn't want to sacrifice on quality. Whether your budget is large or small, she can make your dream come true. She was efficient, honest, and incredibly organized. I honestly can't say enough about how much I adore her! I've had countless guests me tell me that my wedding was the best wedding they have ever been to. And on the day of the wedding, both Cody and her staff made me feel so special. All I had to do was show up and enjoy the best day of my life! My advice: Don't consider anyone else...and TRUST her. When it came to the details, I let Cody use her judgement and make some choices for me. You, too, can have a one of a kind wedding that you and your guests will never forget!

Loren · Married on 10/14/2017

Cody and the Amore events team are nothing short of AMAZING. From the first time I spoke with Cody over the phone I knew she was the planner for me. Cody has a way of making you feel at ease when talking to her and I just felt in my gut before I even met her that she could be trusted with every detail.
    Cody was easy to get in touch with and quick to respond, I felt like she was more of a friend than a wedding planner during this process. She is relatable, yet professional, and she knows how to diffuse situations and stick up for the bride while respecting everyone else involved in the planning process.
    Cody has incredible taste in wedding design and planning, but the thing I loved most about her is that she listened to me and got to know what was important to me. Cody really studied what I liked and disliked and ensured every aspect of our wedding was tailored to my husband and I. For example, Cody knew that having a Christ centered wedding was important to us and she recommended using an olive leaf as an accent to our place settings because of its meaning in the Christian faith. This is something I had not even thought of, but Cody took the time to look into small details that would help reflect us as a couple.
    Cody also has tons of connections and recommendations for other vendors, which was incredibly helpful! She helped us find amazing vendors within our budget and worked with them so I didn't have to worry about orchestrating everyone. Planning a wedding is a lot of work and I can't imagine having done it without her. I won't say there was no stress, but I can tell you that Cody made wedding planning a breeze and I was able to fully enjoy and be present on my wedding day knowing that Cody was on my side and that she had everything under control. I 10/10 recommend choosing Cody and the Amore Events Team for your wedding, you won't regret it!

Amore Events by Cody, LLC 29
    Amore Events by Cody, LLC 34
    Amore Events by Cody, LLC 35
    Amore Events by Cody, LLC 36

Courtney · Married on 10/07/2017

Cody at Amore Events was absolutely amazing! Form the moment we met her I knew she would be the perfect fit. She is down to earth, profressional, and passionate for what she does. My wedding day was a fairytale/ dream come true and it was all owed to having the best wedding planner. My husband and I live in FL and got married in VA. The wedding planning process was so smooth throughout the almost two years of planning- the vendors she had recommended for all our wedding day needs were spectacular as well. I cannot thank Cody and her team at Amore Events, enough for putting all my dreams into reality for my wedding day. We just clicked from the moment we met and she became not only a wedding planner but somebody who holds a special place in our hearts! If I could do it all again; I would still choose Amore Events. Thanks for making our wedding day perfect!!

Amore Events by Cody, LLC 37
    Amore Events by Cody, LLC 44
    Amore Events by Cody, LLC 45
    Amore Events by Cody, LLC 46

Alyssa · Married on 09/16/2017

Our wedding would not have been what it was without Cody and Amore. She helped keep us organized, level-headed, and calm during the entire process. It was comforting to know she was always there to help with vendors, parents, ANYTHING. We would recommend Cody to anyone. She is more than a wedding planner/organizer!

Tara · Married on 09/16/2017

This review is way way overdue- a year overdue to be exact! From the moment we hired Karen, she was absolutely amazing. She really went above and beyond throughout the entire process. Our wedding planning process was very stressful, we had to find a new venue 3 months before the wedding due to a family tragedy that happened at the home where we were planning to host our wedding. Karen found us a great venue and was a wonderful sounding board as I was a hot mess. She is a seriously special lady. If you hire her, you won't regret it!

Christine · Married on 09/03/2017

I could not begin to say enough about the positive experience we had in having Cody with Amore Events as our wedding planner. My daughter, the bride, is a busy medical resident who lives in Charlottesville. I live out of town, and although I love to plan parties, I had no idea of any of the vendors in Charlottesville, and was not at all familiar with the city. I was making blind calls to caterers, hotels, etc. when it became clear we needed a wedding planner. Cody was the person I was consistently referred to by various sources. She seemed to be everyone's favorite. After working with her I know why! She's kind, funny, fun, creative, relaxed, intuitive, informative, resourceful, accountable, responsible, respectful,accessible, and caring. She listens to what your dream is, helps you solidify your vision, then works the miracle of putting it together to become a reality beyond your expectations. She does all of this and makes it happen within your budget!!! Wedding planning can get anxiety provoking and she is an expert at calming nerves, knowing how to prioritize, delegate and put things in perspective. She chose the perfect vendors for us, matching not just tastes and styles, but personalities and price points as well. She assembled a team that was a pleasure to work with. The vendors she selected for us clearly love what they do and pridefully demonstrated their investment in making the wedding an amazing experience for all of us. She negotiated with the vendors and communicated our wishes to expedite and simplify things on our end. Cody coordinated everything making sure we booked key people and places early on. She kept a timeline where selections kept building on the plan until the magical wedding day. On the wedding day, she guided us through each step as the orchestrated events unfolding flawlessly. Many people have commented that it was the most beautiful wedding they have ever attended. I agree! I highly recommend Cody and will miss working with her