Amore Events Reviews

Amore Events 5
Amore Events 6
Amore Events 7

Tara · Married on 06/07/2019

You need Cody, even if you think you don't.

Cody was, hands down, the absolutely best decision we made when planning our wedding. From the first moment we spoke, I knew she was the woman for us. From day one and through the big day, she was there for me & us every step of the way– attentive, honest, insightful, sensitive to my budget, patient, responsive, and basically my best friend when it came to all things wedding. To be honest, when we first got engaged we didn't think we needed a planner– I'm good at planning things, how hard could it be? I definitely made the BEST call by going with Cody.

She is an absolute PRO, and knows how to to make everything you want happen. She knows all the vendors, what's feasible, and what works well. She knows everything there is to know about weddings, and there is no way we could have had the absolutely beautiful and seamless wedding we did without her direction through the year long process, and on the weekend of.

On the day of, it unexpectedly started raining (in June!), and before I could get upset and stress, Cody jumped into action and told me not to worry about a thing. Our ceremony turned out even more beautiful than I could have imagined.

Despite leading the planning, my fiancé also really appreciated how she rolled with the punches, and would find a way to make all of his crazy ideas fit into the big day.

Cody was worth every penny and more, and I could not recommend a single vendor more. She was not only incredible at her job (and a total boss) but really was there for us emotionally and as a friend as well. I can't even put into words how amazing she was to work with. This is the BEST advice I can give to any bride in the area: go with Cody.

Sent on 07/13/2019
    Amore Events 8
    Amore Events 9
    Amore Events 10
    Amore Events 11
    Amore Events 12
  • Anne

Anne Martin · Married on 05/25/2019

Cody helped us plan a perfect wedding

My daughter's wedding was last weekend, and I am still lingering over how wonderful it was, all because of Cody. We enjoyed about 18 months of planning the event, with Cody's help, and I knew from the first call I placed to her, when looking for a wedding planner, that she was "the one." My daughter chided me a bit, saying we needed to talk to several, so I just asked her to call Cody too. After she talked with Cody she called me back, saying those words every Mom loves to hear, "Mom you're right." Cody was totally on top of everything...she knew which vendors would work best....she loved working with the venue we chose.....Cody was just so easy to work with. If either of us had a question, we'd email Cody and usually get a very prompt response. She was so fun at our design meeting, and the food tasting, we just very quickly became very good friends with her and I think the world of her. I knew Jessica's wedding was in the best hands. The day of the wedding Cody was there with us through all the preparation time, the photographs, the weather checks, the table setting, the flower arrangements.... she oversaw everything, and had terrific support staff too. I could go on and on. Cody truly cares about her brides and their families, and her only wish is to help give the bridal couple the most special day they can imagine. I cannot say enough wonderful things about this woman I came to depend on for so many months. I never once felt overwhelmed by the wedding planning because of her. She truly cares, and is the kindest, most talented planner out there. And - she's funny too! I miss her already, and wish we could do it all over again. Cody is the best. Trust me.

Sent on 06/01/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 05/25/2019

Absolute best wedding planner there is!

Hiring Cody was hands down one of the best decisions we could have made when planning our wedding. My mom and I talked with her early on when we were picking a wedding planner, and after our first conversation, we knew our search had ended. Cody is just incredible. She is so kind, so down-to-earth, so thoughtful, and absolutely phenomenal at what she does. She truly went above and beyond for us. She gave us the absolute best recommendations for vendors, she put together a detailed timeline and list of tasks that we accomplished together one by one, making what is usually a daunting process seem completely manageable and super fun. She gave incredible advice, and when it came down to making sure that our wedding felt personal and unique to us as a couple, she offered creative ideas that just spoke to how well she knew us - it seemed like we knew her a lot longer than just the year and a half leading up to our wedding! Some of my favorite details that were her idea included personalized cornhole boards, linen napkins at our head table with our initials on them that we got to take home and will treasure forever, and koozies with our venue and date illustrated. Our wedding was absolutely gorgeous, and so much of that was because of Cody's experience and suggestions. My mom and I miss her so much already - we had the most fun with her, and we cannot speak highly enough of her. She was the one who made our wedding day perfect. What's more, she made it so perfect that I actually was able to soak in every second and be completely in the moment the entire day. I don't know if I will ever stop smiling when I think about our wedding day - it felt like a fairy tale, thanks to Cody. She is a truly special and talented person, and if you are still searching for a planner, she is absolutely the right choice. Thank you Cody, for our magical day and for your friendship. We love you so much!!

Sent on 07/28/2019
  • Morgan and Tommy

Morgan · Married on 03/30/2019

Outside of marrying each other, cody is the best wedding decision we made!

Cody is the best of the best. Her professionalism is unparalleled. Every thing in our wedding was so meticulously laid out from day one. She kept us up to date on all of our vendors, everything she was doing, what we needed to do and the time frame it needed to be done in, and laid out a design plan with updated visuals so we never questioned how everything was looking.
    Because of her tenure, connections, and tireless work ethic she was able to give us our dream wedding while staying in budget. She saved us so much money while still giving us everything we wanted. Even up until the day of the wedding she was negotiating to make sure everything was above and beyond our expectations.
    She even has her own inventory of items that added unique details to our wedding without having to find and purchase them ourselves.
    Cody made the entire process enjoyable and stress free (well as much as possible, lets face it, you’re still dealing with family). I am naturally a very stressed out neurotic person and I was terrified how I was going to handle planning wedding. Cody stayed calm no matter what the situation and always reassured me that everything was going to be perfect, she even talked me through situations that were outside of planning (she should have billable hours as a wedding therapist). She makes you feel like you are her only client and top priority. My husband and I both felt like we were planning our wedding with a life long friend who cared about us like family. During our weekly calls she got to know us as individuals and as a couple and used that to design everything to our taste. She even surprised us with some of her own inventory items for our sweetheart table to make it extra special. It was so thoughtful and heartwarming and just shows you how much she cares.
    It has been a month since our wedding and we still have relatives and friends calling ad telling us it was the best wedding they have been to. They noticed every detail and all the hard work and it is all thanks to Cody and her amazing vision. She is so detail oriented, but her whole heart goes behind each of those details.
    I can go on and on but its better if you just see for yourself, so do the best thing for your wedding and CALL HER!!

Sent on 05/03/2019
    Amore Events 13
    Amore Events 14
    Amore Events 15
    Amore Events 16
    Amore Events 17

Emily · Married on 01/26/2019

Best In The Business: Exquisite Taste, Artistic, Incredibly Organized, & Thoughtful

Our wedding was gorgeous, and it's because Cody is a creative leader with the patience of a saint and the professional tact of a Fortune 500 executive. If her 500+ perfect reviews haven't convinced you of her skill, then you should know that I had to change my original venue 60 days out and Cody magically took my heaping mess and transformed it into the best day of my and my husband's lives. We held our ceremony at the UVA Chapel and then hosted our reception at Common House on the mall. Cody planned the first-ever wedding at Common House, leading not only her own staff, but also working seamlessly with the venue's entire staff + my external vendors to ensure everything from music to flowers to food to drink to toasts and so much more were amazing.

I can't put into words how incredibly amazing and hardworking Cody is. She went above and beyond thinking of details I couldn't even begin to forecast, making our wedding absolutely beautiful, personal, and unique. This woman recreated Kate Middleton's bouquet for me, which required flying flowers in from freaking Europe. She even coordinated our sword arch the day-of as a last minute request. Her timelines are a detailed work of art, and she handles coordinating with staff and vendors, ensuring everyone is exactly where they need to be at the perfect moment.

Of all the expenses involved in a wedding, I would say Cody's services are the most imperative. I promise it will be the best decision you make. And just as a side note–she and her family are good people, and I feel honored to have gotten to know and work with her. Ooorah.

Sent on 02/12/2019
    Amore Events 18
    Amore Events 19
    Amore Events 20
    Amore Events 21
    Amore Events 22
  • Caroline

Caroline · Married on 11/17/2018

Karen at Amore is my FAVORITE!

Karen McGrath at Amore Events served as our day-of coordinator. She was positively flawless and we couldn't have done it without her! She really took the reins about a month before the wedding. We had weekly calls, and it felt weird at first to surrender control over some of the vendor relationships and things, but it was a real joy to not have to worry about the small details. She also helped us in a pinch when we couldn't find bus vendors because so many were booked up. She was great at getting us through rehearsal with as little stress as possible, and helped us think about all the details we might have missed. On the day of our wedding, she seemed to be both everywhere and nowhere - she and her team of assistants were taking care of everything seamlessly without feeling like they were underfoot. There was a minor medical emergency with one of our guests - and Karen made sure there wasn't a big production stopping the whole reception. At the end of the night, everything that needed to be packed up and returned with us was neatly prepared and put into my mom's car. She even worked with our friends who were serving as our "vendors" for things like flowers, decorations and our Master of Ceremonies. We absolutely couldn't have done it without her.

Sent on 11/30/2018
  • Amanda

Amanda Eisner · Married on 11/04/2018

The wedding planner of your dreams

If you are looking for an impeccable wedding planner, look no further. Cody was absolutely fantastic in every way possible. I remember the day we hired her, my mom called me and said, "I found your planner - there's no need to speak to anyone else, we must go with Cody." Right off the bat, my mom and I could tell that Cody knew what she was doing. Over the next 10 months leading up to the wedding, Cody made me feel as if I were her only bride. She is extremely attentive, organized, and detail oriented. She answered calls, texts, and emails immediately no matter the time of day. Cody was reassuring but honest throughout the whole process. She has amazing relationships with vendors in the area and connected us with the most amazing team. Cody gets the job done - she is 100% on your team throughout it all. With any hiccup or potentially difficult decision that came my way, Cody guided me through it with grace. As an added bonus, Cody has unbelievable taste and she helped me design every last detail of my dream wedding. I trusted her completely to guide me through every big and little decision when it came to design.

Then, there was the wedding day itself! Just when I thought Cody couldn't get any better, she blew me away on our wedding day. She was unbelievably calm which made me feel so calm. While I was hanging with my girls and enjoying the morning of our wedding day, Cody flawlessly handled everything behind the scenes. Everything ran like a dream. Like all weddings, we had a few moments where problem-solving was necessary. I had no idea when any of these moments occurred because Cody handled them so beautifully.

I'm sad my wedding day is over because I won't be able to talk to Cody all the time! I can honestly say she is now a dear friend. She made the whole planning process extremely memorable, and I will always be grateful to her for that.

Sent on 11/08/2018

Jillian Devito · Married on 11/03/2018

Incredible!

I was BLOWN away by Cody! She was recommended to me by the event planner at Pippin Hill and I could not be MORE satisfied with her services. I plan corporate events at a hedge fund in NYC and have very high standards/can be a bit particular. Cody knew exactly what I wanted and gave me EXACTLY what I envisioned. All my friends who got married told me to prepare for something to go wrong on my wedding day and honestly, it was absolutely flawless. All of my guests told me it was the best/most beautiful wedding they have ever been to - and I wish I could do it all over again with Cody as my planner!

Sent on 02/12/2019
    Amore Events 23

Caroline Conkwright · Married on 10/13/2018

Cody is my hero

Cody is seriously THE BEST! After seeing my sister plan her own wedding I knew I was going to hire a planner for my big day. Cody was so much more than just a wedding planner. She became a friend, a cheerleader, even a therapist haha. She helped me every step of the way - choosing the perfect vendors, keeping me on schedule, always addressing any concerns, and helped plan every single detail. She made our wedding day absolutely perfect! Cody was always super responsive and assessable. On the day of, her staff was very professional and attentive and made sure the entire wedding party was well taken care of. She and her team allowed us to be able to actually relax and made our wedding day as stress free as possible. I would honestly not have changed a thing and have Cody to thank for that. I HIGHLY recommend her and can not thank her and the whole Amore staff enough. It was an absolute pleasure working with her.

Sent on 11/15/2018

Ashleigh · Married on 09/22/2018

I truly do not know where to start in describing how incredible Cody is. She is the most passionate person about her job and her brides. While knowing all along I was, of course, not Cody’s only bride, she ALWAYS made me feel as though I was. We spoke weekly for 1.5 years leading up to the wedding, and I can honestly say I looked forward to those calls not just because she is a BOSS at getting things done/keeping me on schedule, but she is truly a delight to chat with. She is unbelievably organized and has this wedding planning thing down to a science - from all the incredible spreadsheets and contacts she has, you are set from the get go. My husband and I were very adamant about our budget, and Cody set honest expectations from the beginning and met our goals FLAWLESSLY. I could go on and on about Cody the wedding planner I had and Cody the friend I now have. It was the absolute best wedding planning experience I could’ve ever asked for, especially as an the admittedly anxious former bride I was. I loved her, my parents loved her - she is so special. Work with her and you will not regret it for one second!! :)

Sent on 10/08/2018

Jenny · Married on 09/15/2018

There are too many good things to say about Cody, I don't even know where to start. I found Cody a year ago through her incredible reviews on WeddingWire. Cody was available to chat immediately when I reached out. She took her time to explain her services, answer my questions, and was honest with me about what to expect in the wedding planning process including all expenses to expect for our chosen wedding venue. After that, Cody poured her heart into the year long wedding planning process. She set up conference calls every single week to answer questions, and keep me on track with various tasks. Cody really cares about each of her clients and will do everything in her power to exceed your expectations! Cody is super accessible, and replies to your emails, texts, and calls within minutes. We had our wedding one week ago and it was simply magical. Everything turned out so much better than we ever imagined, thanks to Cody. She kept me calm and reassured me every day during the week of the wedding, despite the stormy weather from Hurricane Florence heading our way. She is extremely organized and had the most detailed timeline to make sure the day goes by seamlessly. She is also very talented with wedding styles, design and decor. She made sure our wedding looked stunning while being mindful of what we envisioned and considering our budget. We will always appreciate Cody for her hard work, dedication to her job, and her friendship along the way. Thank you Cody!!

Jenny · Married on 09/15/2018

Meghan Horning · Married on 09/14/2018

Best Decision Ever (minus my husband!)

Two words of advice: HIRE CODY. This was the best decision my family and I made. I got married the week of Hurricane Florence. What should've been a stressful and hard week for me leading up was the opposite. Cody called/texted me everyday to ensure I was excited and to know everything was fine. Not only did she ease the nerves of myself and my family but she eased the nerves of even the guest. Cody made sure every vendor was aware that the wedding was happening and personally called every vendor to ensure they would be there.

Cody also had WEEKLY calls a year up to the wedding. With a huge family like mine that was amazing - my mom was able to be completely involved and loved being able to ask questions. Many brides think the process is very stressful, i love every part of my process thanks to Cody. If you are a bride that is not sure about the vendors she wants, trust Cody. I used every vendor Cody suggested and they were all amazing to work with.

You will without a doubt be missing out if you do not hire Cody. Cody - thank you for being the best decision we made throughout the wedding process!

Chris and Meg

Sent on 11/27/2018
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 07/21/2018

Hiring Cody and her team was the BEST decision ever!

It's taken way too long to share our experience with Cody and her team...the wedding craziness ended but you know, life! It's nearly impossible to put into words how happy and grateful we are to have worked with Cody and her team for our special day.

Throughout our time planning she made sure our vision and voices were heard, down to every last detail. There's a reason they call her the Pippin guru - she really knows every single inch of that place! She's also such a sweet and caring person, and genuinely wants each of her brides to have the day of her dreams. I know she was swamped at times but she always made a point to answer my questions quickly and reassure any concerns.

All you can hope for on your wedding day is to feel relaxed, happy and enjoy every second, and we could all do so (families and bridal parties included) knowing she had everything covered. I truly had the A-team for vendors, all around! I'm pretty positive the entire day went perfectly, but if anything was off we had no idea. The only problem was it flew by even faster than everyone warned!

A HUGE thank you to her entire team (special shout out to Morgan, my personal bridal attendant) for making it the most perfect day!

Love you all!

Amore Events 28
    Amore Events 29
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 06/30/2018

Cody was fantastic to work with! Even though we only hired her for the day of package she never made us feel like an after thought. As we got close to the wedding date, she had weekly check in meetings to make sure we were on track and make herself available for any questions or concerns we had. She came in clutch for us on several issues we thought were insurmountable and she was able to find solutions and make it seem like a breeze! working with her will definitely keep your stress down and make you feel confident that even if everything doesn't go to plan, Cody will make it seem like it did :)

Sent on 07/23/2018
  • Callie

Callie · Married on 06/16/2018

When I was little, I was (literally), obsessed with that JLo movie: “The Wedding Planner” - needless to say my expectation was that planning my own wedding would be a piece of CAKE - when, in reality, one month into planning - it was quickly becoming a bad remake of the movie: “Bridesmaids”. LOL. Finding Cody was like winning the lottery! She is an absolute dream to work with and will make your day even more perfect than you’ll ever imagine!

Cody, You are seriously a rockstar - Thank you for keeping-it-real when I’d bring those “new” reception-design-ideas to our weekly calls [2-3 weeks before the actual wedding] AND thank you for bringing some of those crazy ideas to life!

Thank you for everything! Miss you!
    xxoo,

Amore Events 34
    Amore Events 35
    Amore Events 36

Amy · Married on 05/27/2018

Cody was a Godsend! She guided us in creating an incredible wedding and brought it to life! We could never have done it ourselves. Cody’s talents are exceptional and she handled everything professionally and with grace. No one should plan a wedding without her—they’d be making a big mistake. ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Sent on 05/31/2018
    Amore Events 37
    Amore Events 38

Janet · Married on 05/26/2018

Cody gave excellent advice, recommended great vendors, and did a fantastic job managing every detail. The day of the wedding she did a phenomenal job, and thanks to her the bride and groom and their extended family had a wonderful time. I recommend her very highly.

Sent on 05/31/2018

Laura · Married on 04/14/2018

Cody and her team were wonderful! Cody was always incredibly responsive and quick to return any calls or questions I had. She took care of so many details I never would have thought of and was proactive with each step of the process. Cody is so sweet and we all really enjoyed working with her! Amore Events' services are worth every penny!

Sent on 05/09/2018

Karen · Married on 03/24/2018

Cody is truly the best. There's simply no other way to put it. She is kind, calming and detail-oriented all things that make for a fabulous partner in planning such an important event! I worked with her over the past year on my March wedding at Pippin Hill and she lived up to her (fabulous) reputation in every way.

I worked with Cody on a "Day Of" package but she went ABOVE AND BEYOND for me and was there for questions and calls throughout the entire process. I was able to gut-check my choices along the way and get some expert insight on ideas for our big day. One of the things I treasured most about Cody is that she was honest and truly made me feel like her feedback and suggestions were coming from a place of wanting the best for my husband-to-be and I, not in any way trying to sell me on things we didn't want or that didn't make sense for us.

The other truly important and wonderful thing about Cody is how she and her team were on top of everything on the day of. Not only did I feel taken care of but my mother, my mother in law also truly felt special, taken care of and had a day without stress.

My husband and I planned our wedding new to the Charlottesville/Richmond area and truly couldn't have had the day of our dreams without Cody and her team.

Sent on 05/02/2018

Mindy · Married on 02/23/2018

Cody of Amore Events was the day-of wedding coordinator for our daughter's wedding at King Family Vineyards in February 2018. We are so VERY grateful for Cody and her team! She was wonderful to work with and was helpful with great suggestions leading up to the wedding. All of the vendors that she recommended were amazing and worked so well with her team. Our daughter had two young ladies assigned to her the moment she arrived at the vineyard and they took great care of ensuring she had everything she needed. Cody also provided a wonderful team to pack everything up at the end of the evening - and we brought a lot with us, including linens from the DC area! Our cars were packed and ready to go which was perfect after such a long, happy day.

Cody has an incredible eye for design and worked so hard to implement all the details of the day perfectly. Her timeline and planning documents were meticulous culminating in a beautifully seamless evening. I had complete confidence knowing that Cody would take care of everything. We were able to relax and enjoy the most amazing day in our daughter's life with our friends and family!!

Sent on 05/19/2018

Rachael · Married on 12/09/2017

Our wedding was magical because of Cody and her team. She really is the total package in a wedding planner. An elegant visionary, I trusted her completely to create the look and feel for our wedding. I had a vague idea of what I wanted, but couldn't articulate specifics beyond "classic" and "wintry." Cody’s design was more beautiful than I ever imagined. It was perfectly tailored to my taste - subtle and classic with a hint of glam. She had original ideas that translated into a cohesive concept suited to the venue. Some of my favorite elements were gold lanterns filled with candles, hemstitch napkins and a stunning family photo board covered in climbing greenery, all her concepts. She designed all of my flowers - bouquets, boutonnieres AND arrangements! They were works of art. A perfect blend of texture and color for an organic shape that highlighted winter. If you're not sure how to articulate your design vision, let Cody guide you. Even if you are sure, let her guide you! She has so much expertise and vision, aesthetically and logistically. Trust her and you will not be disappointed. Cody is intuitive. She knew when I was worried. She is reassuring and solution-oriented. When I saw obstacle, she saw possibility. She is quick to mitigate problems. It snowed on our wedding day, which created bad driving conditions. I was worried vendors wouldn't be able to show, but Cody offered to pick them up in her 4-wheel drive vehicle if needed. I was very impressed with her day-of staff. We had multiple locations, but everything ran smoothly. There were even 2 attendants dedicated to bride and wedding party! This allowed me to enjoy the moment rather than worrying about logistics. They coordinated all of the "people herding," vendor communication and setup. It was so nice! All were professional, sweet and eager to assist. Because of Cody, I will cherish my wedding day as a happy, beautiful, sacred moment free of stress and complication. She made my wedding dreams come true.

Sent on 01/02/2018

Melissa · Married on 12/02/2017

I could not have been more lucky to have Cody as my planner! I was working a job that required me to be on site 12+ hours a day and was planning my wedding from an entirely different state. She kept me on track, made it simple, and put me in touch with the very best vendors in Charlottesville. I didn't have time to waste but also didn't want to sacrifice on quality. Whether your budget is large or small, she can make your dream come true. She was efficient, honest, and incredibly organized. I honestly can't say enough about how much I adore her! I've had countless guests me tell me that my wedding was the best wedding they have ever been to. And on the day of the wedding, both Cody and her staff made me feel so special. All I had to do was show up and enjoy the best day of my life! My advice: Don't consider anyone else...and TRUST her. When it came to the details, I let Cody use her judgement and make some choices for me. You, too, can have a one of a kind wedding that you and your guests will never forget!

Sent on 12/27/2017

Loren · Married on 10/14/2017

Cody and the Amore events team are nothing short of AMAZING. From the first time I spoke with Cody over the phone I knew she was the planner for me. Cody has a way of making you feel at ease when talking to her and I just felt in my gut before I even met her that she could be trusted with every detail.
    Cody was easy to get in touch with and quick to respond, I felt like she was more of a friend than a wedding planner during this process. She is relatable, yet professional, and she knows how to diffuse situations and stick up for the bride while respecting everyone else involved in the planning process.
    Cody has incredible taste in wedding design and planning, but the thing I loved most about her is that she listened to me and got to know what was important to me. Cody really studied what I liked and disliked and ensured every aspect of our wedding was tailored to my husband and I. For example, Cody knew that having a Christ centered wedding was important to us and she recommended using an olive leaf as an accent to our place settings because of its meaning in the Christian faith. This is something I had not even thought of, but Cody took the time to look into small details that would help reflect us as a couple.
    Cody also has tons of connections and recommendations for other vendors, which was incredibly helpful! She helped us find amazing vendors within our budget and worked with them so I didn't have to worry about orchestrating everyone. Planning a wedding is a lot of work and I can't imagine having done it without her. I won't say there was no stress, but I can tell you that Cody made wedding planning a breeze and I was able to fully enjoy and be present on my wedding day knowing that Cody was on my side and that she had everything under control. I 10/10 recommend choosing Cody and the Amore Events Team for your wedding, you won't regret it!

Sent on 12/19/2017