Amore Events Co. Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner

• Karen
    Karen M. Married on 11/27/2021

My second review for Amore after our second daughter's wedding!

I wrote a recommendation for Bri and Kara a month ago for my daughter's wedding that took place in Annapolis MD on 10/23/21. Fast forward one month to 11/27/21 when my second daughter got married at Pippin Hill in Charlottesville, VA! Trying to plan two weddings (which were also destination weddings since we are from the Philadelphia area) was extremely challenging and stressful. Well, thanks to the girls from Amore we pulled both off and were thrilled with the results of each one. This is a letter my husband wrote to Bri and Kara the day after this weekend's wedding.

Bri & Kara,

"You guys are the best! Thank you both so much for making another great weekend for us. Tara & Mike’s wedding was perfect in every way. We cannot imagine changing one thing. You orchestrated a script that was amazing and exceeded all of our expectation. We are forever grateful.

And, you gave Karen peace of mind. Without you two, my wife would have lost her mind. You took all the pressure off of her and enabled her to have a wonderful time. For that, I am very appreciative.

Girls, thank you for all of your advice, direction and coordination. Without you, last night would not have been so great.

Although I have no more daughters, I hope to engage you for a party in the future. Thank you!!

Our best,

Karen & Mike "

I think this says it all. We are very happy parents. (and tired!) Haha.
  • Chelsea
    Chelsea Married on 11/12/2021

Highly recommend!

We had a wonderful experience planning our wedding with Amore Events. From the very beginning, Kara and Bri felt like instant friends! We quickly hit it off on our first call, and they made a very large undertaking (planning a Virginia wedding from Texas) feel doable and fun. We ended up with an amazing welcome party at Montalto to kick off the weekend, and our dream wedding at Pippin Hill on a gorgeous November day, thanks to their hard work.

Kara and Bri really took the time to listen and understand our priorities and vision for our wedding. We told them that we wanted to give our guests a beautiful, fun weekend and make them feel welcomed, celebrated, and loved. Kara and Bri translated that feedback into a design plan that made our reception feel like a "warm, elegant hug" - and they totally delivered! On top of that, they gave us great advice on vendors and assembled an excellent vendor team. Every person that worked on our welcome party and wedding was incredibly talented AND very personable/kind, and we could tell they all knew Kara and Bri well and enjoyed working with them, which made our events go even more smoothly.

I highly recommend Amore Events. You get not just one, but TWO excellent planners. Kara and Bri are such wonderful people, and we are so happy with how everything turned out!
  • Alyssa
    Alyssa D. Married on 11/05/2021

Amazing Experience with Amore Events!

Bri and Kara are beyond wonderful. They helped guide me through every step of the wedding planning process and they were extremely professional, kind and supportive. They made our wedding day extra special and filled it with extra love. Their organization and knowledge is something you want to have in your corner during this time!
  • Alison
    Alison L. Married on 10/29/2021

Perfection

Kara and Bri with Amore Events were calm, cool and collected at all times. They made planning a destination wedding easy and constantly had helpful insights to perfect the day. They spent quite a bit of time understanding us as a couple to make sure that the day matched our vision. Amazing people inside and out that resulted in an amazing day - One our friends and family consistently state is the best wedding they ever attended.
  • Renata
    Renata B. Married on 09/18/2021

Amazing experience with Bri and Kara from Amore Events

My wedding was a dream, and I owe so much of that to Bri and Kara from Amore Events. My husband and I hired them for our wedding on 9/18/21, and from the very moment we did we felt their support. They are both such wonderful people, and so easy to get along with. We immediately felt comfortable with them able to tell them exactly what we were feeling. Our wedding was at Mount Ida Farm and Vineyard in Charlottesville, but we live in northern Virginia, so it was crucial to have people we could rely on since it was not so easy for us to go back and forth to Charlottesville. My husband and I were also both the first in our families to get married, so everything was new for all of us, and we felt so lucky that we had Bri and Kara there to help and guide us throughout the whole process. On top of all of that, I am a teacher who had to work long hours through COVID times, so wedding planning was often put on the back-burner. Thanks to Bri and Kara, we were still able to stay on task through it all. We felt secure throughout the entire planning process knowing that they had our backs; even when we were having a few concerns with another vendor, they stepped in to make sure things worked out how we had wanted.
    The wedding day itself was more than I could've ever hoped for, and my husband and I have both said it was the best day of our lives. We both were able to be at ease on the day and really enjoy the moment, knowing that Bri and Kara had everything handled and knew exactly how we wanted the day to go and look like. I can't say enough wonderful things about this company and these two, and would 100% recommend them to anyone who is considering hiring them!
  • Kaitlyn
    Kaitlyn T. Married on 07/24/2021

I cannot recommend Bri and Kara enough

These two really make planning your wedding so much less stressful. They are both very calm and a nice presence to be around which is exactly what you need when you're feeling nervous and not quite yourself. They were relaxed yet tenacious and completely in control. I really can't explain it! They are magical and know exactly what they're doing. When the day came we did not once have to think about anything. We were able to completely turn off our minds so we could be present. The day would not have been so special without them. Like I said, I cannot recommend them enough.
  • Kyra
    Kyra H. Married on 07/18/2021

The best day.

Kara and Bri from Amore Events made our day the most impeccable. Our Pippin Hill wedding was one of dreams and I cannot be more pleased with their services. They helped us navigate through things we needed for our big day, and did not pressure us into extra things we weren’t sold on. I loved that they offered so many ideas and provided expert tips from things I wouldn’t have thought of. They also helped us secure specific vendors we had in mind. Their kind smiles and personalities are exactly what you’re looking for in a wedding/event planner. They were calm, kind, and supportive. They put me at ease when worries came up, and made me laugh and encouraged me on my big day. On our wedding day, they were able to navigate family, friends, our vendors with professionalism. Their relationships with vendors and our venue made me the most confident when booking them. They work extremely close with everyone and they will forever be my go to planners. I will forever sing their praises!
  • Reid
    Reid F. Married on 06/04/2021

Bri and Kara were amazing!

They were down to earth, professional, and easy to be real with. They were a huge help guiding us through the many decisions to be made...and when all was said and done we had the best part of our lives with all the people we loved. We are so grateful for their hard work!!
  • Lillie
    Lillie A. Married on 04/11/2021

Best day and best planners!

My fiancé and I had the best experience working with Kara and Bri! From day one they were so helpful, organized, and easy to work with. They helped us through the emotional roller coaster of rescheduling and we ended up having a better experience than we could ever have imagined in August. Thanks to their thoroughness everything flowed seamlessly. If you hire them to be your planners they will exceed your expectations and keep everything fun along the way!
  • Samantha
    Samantha W. Married on 08/30/2020

One of the top wedding planners worldwide

The duo team of Bri & Kara, owners of Amore Events Co. Is outstanding and exceptional.
    We wanted 100% luxury and they above and beyond delivered. The professionalism, style, organization, attendance to the client is absolute top 5 star service. Our wedding day consisted of extensive detail for which Amore Events fully planned and executed, seamlessly.
    This is the best high touch event company not only in the Charlottesville/Richmond area, but worldwide. Their experience and expertise to deliver for their clients is beyond impressive. In addition, the Amore team are extremely well respected widespread within the event industry , so much that every additional vendor needed for your wedding day hope they have the opportunity to work with them.
    If you aspire to 5 star service, attention to detail, personalized client service, and high touch events, this company is for you.
    Lily G. Married on 05/09/2020

The best team!

After completely pivoting from my previous wedding plans due to Covid, I hired Bri & Kara to plan an entirely new wedding for 50 people in
    Christa Married on 11/23/2019

Stop reading these reviews and hire Cody now!!

After researching planners for our wedding at Pippin Hill, I immediately knew Cody from Amore Events was 'the one' during our initial call. Not only was she incredibly detailed in her planning (which I loved!), she took an individualized approach to our wedding and made sure we (and our guests) always came first.

Cody knows everyone you need to know when it comes to weddings and was essential to recommending additional vendors for us. She provided great guidance and was never pushy, always leaving the final decision up to me. Cody helped take my piecemeal vision and turn it into the wedding of our dreams – it was seriously PERFECT!!!

The day of the wedding, Cody and her team executed flawlessly. I was able to relax and enjoy the day with my bridesmaids knowing Cody would handle anything that popped up. Cody is an incredible wedding planner and even better person – I feel lucky to be one of her brides!
  • Courtney
    Courtney F. Married on 11/16/2019

I was able to relax on my wedding day!

We hired Karen McGrath as our month-of coordinator and she was such a huge stress-reliever. I'm a naturally anxious person but felt SO much better after every call with Karen. She was able to help with so many last minute details, like providing table numbers, printing/framing our seating chart sign, and providing pens for our Jenga game "guestbook" when we realized we forgot to bring them. She was able to efficiently and effectively manage our timeline so we remained on schedule and handled the small hiccups that came with our wedding in a way so that I wasn't bothered.

The day of the wedding, I felt so calm and was just able to enjoy the day without stress and that is directly because Karen did such a good job handling everything so I didn't have to worry.
  • Janelle
    Janelle M. Married on 10/25/2019

Amore Events Made The Wedding Of Our Dreams Come True!

It’s hard to even put into words how amazing Cody is but here it goes...

From the first time we spoke I knew she understood exactly the vision that we had for our wedding, and let me say that she figured it out without the most detailed information from me! I was pretty much the bride with photos of things that I liked and no idea how to bring them all together. Cody designed, planned and executed every last detail more perfectly than I could have ever imagined and I’m not just saying that! Every last detail was stunning and more perfect than I ever dreamed. Seriously, mic drop, PERFECT!

Not only did she hit the design out of the park but she was always in communication with me. There was never a time that I had to follow up with her on anything. She made the process of planning the most smooth and stress free experience of my life.

My husband and I don’t have enough words to express our gratitude for all that she did to make our wedding one that dreams are made of! Our day was perfect because of all of Cody and the Amore team’s hard work and we will forever be grateful for everything that she has done for us!
    Sara Married on 10/12/2019

Cody is an incredible talent - HIGHLY recommend!!

Words cannot express how incredibly grateful I am to Cody and her team at Amore Events!! If you are looking for a wedding planner - she is IT! From day 1 of working with her I felt like she understood exactly what I was envisioning for our wedding and that she always had my best interest in mind. Cody went above and beyond to stay in constant communication with me, to work seamlessly with my other vendors, and to plan the most incredible and beautiful wedding I could ever ask for. I seriously could not imagine going through this planning process without her and HIGHLY recommend Cody and Amore Events - she is the best!!! Thank you Cody!!!
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer K. Married on 09/22/2019

Highly recommend!

We worked with Karen from Amore Events by Cody and she was incredible. She was so patient throughout the planning process and put up with all of our calls, emails, texts, etc. Her attention to detail and excellent taste ensured we had a BEAUTIFUL wedding and that everything went smoothly. Guests are still raving about how incredibly gorgeous our wedding was and telling us how blown away they were. We are so grateful to Karen for giving us the wedding of our dreams.
    Tara Married on 06/07/2019

You need Cody, even if you think you don't.

Cody was, hands down, the absolutely best decision we made when planning our wedding. From the first moment we spoke, I knew she was the woman for us. From day one and through the big day, she was there for me & us every step of the way– attentive, honest, insightful, sensitive to my budget, patient, responsive, and basically my best friend when it came to all things wedding. To be honest, when we first got engaged we didn't think we needed a planner– I'm good at planning things, how hard could it be? I definitely made the BEST call by going with Cody.

She is an absolute PRO, and knows how to to make everything you want happen. She knows all the vendors, what's feasible, and what works well. She knows everything there is to know about weddings, and there is no way we could have had the absolutely beautiful and seamless wedding we did without her direction through the year long process, and on the weekend of.

On the day of, it unexpectedly started raining (in June!), and before I could get upset and stress, Cody jumped into action and told me not to worry about a thing. Our ceremony turned out even more beautiful than I could have imagined.

Despite leading the planning, my fiancé also really appreciated how she rolled with the punches, and would find a way to make all of his crazy ideas fit into the big day.

Cody was worth every penny and more, and I could not recommend a single vendor more. She was not only incredible at her job (and a total boss) but really was there for us emotionally and as a friend as well. I can't even put into words how amazing she was to work with. This is the BEST advice I can give to any bride in the area: go with Cody.
  • Jessica
    Jessica Married on 05/25/2019

Absolute best wedding planner there is!

Hiring Cody was hands down one of the best decisions we could have made when planning our wedding. My mom and I talked with her early on when we were picking a wedding planner, and after our first conversation, we knew our search had ended. Cody is just incredible. She is so kind, so down-to-earth, so thoughtful, and absolutely phenomenal at what she does. She truly went above and beyond for us. She gave us the absolute best recommendations for vendors, she put together a detailed timeline and list of tasks that we accomplished together one by one, making what is usually a daunting process seem completely manageable and super fun. She gave incredible advice, and when it came down to making sure that our wedding felt personal and unique to us as a couple, she offered creative ideas that just spoke to how well she knew us - it seemed like we knew her a lot longer than just the year and a half leading up to our wedding! Some of my favorite details that were her idea included personalized cornhole boards, linen napkins at our head table with our initials on them that we got to take home and will treasure forever, and koozies with our venue and date illustrated. Our wedding was absolutely gorgeous, and so much of that was because of Cody's experience and suggestions. My mom and I miss her so much already - we had the most fun with her, and we cannot speak highly enough of her. She was the one who made our wedding day perfect. What's more, she made it so perfect that I actually was able to soak in every second and be completely in the moment the entire day. I don't know if I will ever stop smiling when I think about our wedding day - it felt like a fairy tale, thanks to Cody. She is a truly special and talented person, and if you are still searching for a planner, she is absolutely the right choice. Thank you Cody, for our magical day and for your friendship. We love you so much!!
  • Anne
    Anne M. Married on 05/25/2019

Cody helped us plan a perfect wedding

My daughter's wedding was last weekend, and I am still lingering over how wonderful it was, all because of Cody. We enjoyed about 18 months of planning the event, with Cody's help, and I knew from the first call I placed to her, when looking for a wedding planner, that she was "the one." My daughter chided me a bit, saying we needed to talk to several, so I just asked her to call Cody too. After she talked with Cody she called me back, saying those words every Mom loves to hear, "Mom you're right." Cody was totally on top of everything...she knew which vendors would work best....she loved working with the venue we chose.....Cody was just so easy to work with. If either of us had a question, we'd email Cody and usually get a very prompt response. She was so fun at our design meeting, and the food tasting, we just very quickly became very good friends with her and I think the world of her. I knew Jessica's wedding was in the best hands. The day of the wedding Cody was there with us through all the preparation time, the photographs, the weather checks, the table setting, the flower arrangements.... she oversaw everything, and had terrific support staff too. I could go on and on. Cody truly cares about her brides and their families, and her only wish is to help give the bridal couple the most special day they can imagine. I cannot say enough wonderful things about this woman I came to depend on for so many months. I never once felt overwhelmed by the wedding planning because of her. She truly cares, and is the kindest, most talented planner out there. And - she's funny too! I miss her already, and wish we could do it all over again. Cody is the best. Trust me.
  • Morgan and Tommy
    Morgan Married on 03/30/2019

Outside of marrying each other, cody is the best wedding decision we made!

Cody is the best of the best. Her professionalism is unparalleled. Every thing in our wedding was so meticulously laid out from day one. She kept us up to date on all of our vendors, everything she was doing, what we needed to do and the time frame it needed to be done in, and laid out a design plan with updated visuals so we never questioned how everything was looking.
    Because of her tenure, connections, and tireless work ethic she was able to give us our dream wedding while staying in budget. She saved us so much money while still giving us everything we wanted. Even up until the day of the wedding she was negotiating to make sure everything was above and beyond our expectations.
    She even has her own inventory of items that added unique details to our wedding without having to find and purchase them ourselves.
    Cody made the entire process enjoyable and stress free (well as much as possible, lets face it, you’re still dealing with family). I am naturally a very stressed out neurotic person and I was terrified how I was going to handle planning wedding. Cody stayed calm no matter what the situation and always reassured me that everything was going to be perfect, she even talked me through situations that were outside of planning (she should have billable hours as a wedding therapist). She makes you feel like you are her only client and top priority. My husband and I both felt like we were planning our wedding with a life long friend who cared about us like family. During our weekly calls she got to know us as individuals and as a couple and used that to design everything to our taste. She even surprised us with some of her own inventory items for our sweetheart table to make it extra special. It was so thoughtful and heartwarming and just shows you how much she cares.
    It has been a month since our wedding and we still have relatives and friends calling ad telling us it was the best wedding they have been to. They noticed every detail and all the hard work and it is all thanks to Cody and her amazing vision. She is so detail oriented, but her whole heart goes behind each of those details.
    I can go on and on but its better if you just see for yourself, so do the best thing for your wedding and CALL HER!!
    Emily Married on 01/26/2019

Best In The Business: Exquisite Taste, Artistic, Incredibly Organized, & Thoughtful

Our wedding was gorgeous, and it's because Cody is a creative leader with the patience of a saint and the professional tact of a Fortune 500 executive. If her 500+ perfect reviews haven't convinced you of her skill, then you should know that I had to change my original venue 60 days out and Cody magically took my heaping mess and transformed it into the best day of my and my husband's lives. We held our ceremony at the UVA Chapel and then hosted our reception at Common House on the mall. Cody planned the first-ever wedding at Common House, leading not only her own staff, but also working seamlessly with the venue's entire staff + my external vendors to ensure everything from music to flowers to food to drink to toasts and so much more were amazing.

I can't put into words how incredibly amazing and hardworking Cody is. She went above and beyond thinking of details I couldn't even begin to forecast, making our wedding absolutely beautiful, personal, and unique. This woman recreated Kate Middleton's bouquet for me, which required flying flowers in from freaking Europe. She even coordinated our sword arch the day-of as a last minute request. Her timelines are a detailed work of art, and she handles coordinating with staff and vendors, ensuring everyone is exactly where they need to be at the perfect moment.

Of all the expenses involved in a wedding, I would say Cody's services are the most imperative. I promise it will be the best decision you make. And just as a side note–she and her family are good people, and I feel honored to have gotten to know and work with her. Ooorah.
  • Caroline
    Caroline Married on 11/17/2018

Karen at Amore is my FAVORITE!

Karen McGrath at Amore Events served as our day-of coordinator. She was positively flawless and we couldn't have done it without her! She really took the reins about a month before the wedding. We had weekly calls, and it felt weird at first to surrender control over some of the vendor relationships and things, but it was a real joy to not have to worry about the small details. She also helped us in a pinch when we couldn't find bus vendors because so many were booked up. She was great at getting us through rehearsal with as little stress as possible, and helped us think about all the details we might have missed. On the day of our wedding, she seemed to be both everywhere and nowhere - she and her team of assistants were taking care of everything seamlessly without feeling like they were underfoot. There was a minor medical emergency with one of our guests - and Karen made sure there wasn't a big production stopping the whole reception. At the end of the night, everything that needed to be packed up and returned with us was neatly prepared and put into my mom's car. She even worked with our friends who were serving as our "vendors" for things like flowers, decorations and our Master of Ceremonies. We absolutely couldn't have done it without her.
  • Amanda
    Amanda E. Married on 11/04/2018

The wedding planner of your dreams

If you are looking for an impeccable wedding planner, look no further. Cody was absolutely fantastic in every way possible. I remember the day we hired her, my mom called me and said, "I found your planner - there's no need to speak to anyone else, we must go with Cody." Right off the bat, my mom and I could tell that Cody knew what she was doing. Over the next 10 months leading up to the wedding, Cody made me feel as if I were her only bride. She is extremely attentive, organized, and detail oriented. She answered calls, texts, and emails immediately no matter the time of day. Cody was reassuring but honest throughout the whole process. She has amazing relationships with vendors in the area and connected us with the most amazing team. Cody gets the job done - she is 100% on your team throughout it all. With any hiccup or potentially difficult decision that came my way, Cody guided me through it with grace. As an added bonus, Cody has unbelievable taste and she helped me design every last detail of my dream wedding. I trusted her completely to guide me through every big and little decision when it came to design.

Then, there was the wedding day itself! Just when I thought Cody couldn't get any better, she blew me away on our wedding day. She was unbelievably calm which made me feel so calm. While I was hanging with my girls and enjoying the morning of our wedding day, Cody flawlessly handled everything behind the scenes. Everything ran like a dream. Like all weddings, we had a few moments where problem-solving was necessary. I had no idea when any of these moments occurred because Cody handled them so beautifully.

I'm sad my wedding day is over because I won't be able to talk to Cody all the time! I can honestly say she is now a dear friend. She made the whole planning process extremely memorable, and I will always be grateful to her for that.
    Jillian D. Married on 11/03/2018

Incredible!

I was BLOWN away by Cody! She was recommended to me by the event planner at Pippin Hill and I could not be MORE satisfied with her services. I plan corporate events at a hedge fund in NYC and have very high standards/can be a bit particular. Cody knew exactly what I wanted and gave me EXACTLY what I envisioned. All my friends who got married told me to prepare for something to go wrong on my wedding day and honestly, it was absolutely flawless. All of my guests told me it was the best/most beautiful wedding they have ever been to - and I wish I could do it all over again with Cody as my planner!
    Caroline C. Married on 10/13/2018

Cody is my hero

Cody is seriously THE BEST! After seeing my sister plan her own wedding I knew I was going to hire a planner for my big day. Cody was so much more than just a wedding planner. She became a friend, a cheerleader, even a therapist haha. She helped me every step of the way - choosing the perfect vendors, keeping me on schedule, always addressing any concerns, and helped plan every single detail. She made our wedding day absolutely perfect! Cody was always super responsive and assessable. On the day of, her staff was very professional and attentive and made sure the entire wedding party was well taken care of. She and her team allowed us to be able to actually relax and made our wedding day as stress free as possible. I would honestly not have changed a thing and have Cody to thank for that. I HIGHLY recommend her and can not thank her and the whole Amore staff enough. It was an absolute pleasure working with her.