Amelia Soper Photography Reviews

Amelia Soper Photography 6
Amelia Soper Photography 7
  • Lindsey

Lindsey Halverson · Married on 09/15/2018

Her photos transport me back to relive the best day of my life

I had the pleasure of working alongside Amy for many years when I was in the industry. When it came to my own wedding day, choosing Amy was a no-brainer! It's such an important decision and I'm so glad we booked her.

Our engagement shoot with her was great practice for us. As I'm sure is the case with most couples, we'd never had experience posing for a professional photographer with each other before. It's surprisingly difficult to look natural, not feel uncomfortable while kissing and to actually look cute while attempting to capture the love you share with another human. Amy gave us great direction and made us feel very comfortable (almost an impossible feat for my husband!). She's laid-back, fun, carefree, and fully open to any suggestions we had. I have to also mention that it was absolutely POURING down rain that day, which obviously makes a photo shoot extremely difficult. Amy rolled with the punches, juggled her gear and umbrellas with ease, and the photos still turned out beautifully.

Working with her and her awesome assistant (Bronwen) on our wedding day was a breeze. She provided a shot list for us to fill out prior, so she just went to town as soon as she got there without needing any direction. We had a lot of shots to get through on another rainy day with a lot of different people involved, but Amy kept us wrangled and on schedule. Bronwen was amazing with engaging the kids (and a lot of the adults too)! I just loved when their time was up at the end of the night and they joined us on the dance floor. They were breaking it down better than the guests! What a fun pair.

The wedding day went by in a flash of course - we were on a high all weekend. Once it was over, the thing we looked forward to the most was getting our photos back. Sadly, we were a bit disappointed with how our wedding video turned out, so I was a little nervous to see the photos. I needn't have been worried - they were absolutely stunning! She captured every detail perfectly. I have looked through them from start to finish at least 50 times now and each time I relive my wedding day all over again. The memories come flooding back and the feelings of love and support just fill my heart and soul.

Please don't take the decision of choosing your wedding photographer lightly. It is a very personal choice. Choose someone you jive with and whose photos speak to you. Try to picture yourself in place of that couple and see if that is the style you're looking for. You will be showing these photos off a thousand times and will look back on them yourself even more.

I could not be more grateful to Amy (and Bronwen) and the gift she has given me for a lifetime.

Sent on 02/07/2019

Kristen · Married on 08/10/2018

We picked Amy to be our wedding photographer for our ceremony in Woodinville on August 10th. Amy is such a blast to work with! We did our engagement photos at Discovery park and Amy lugged her big bag of cameras on the mile hike out to our destination. Our pictures came out beautifully! Also, did I mention she is a pet photographer too? We had our dog apart of our engagement pictures and some of the wedding photos. She managed to get some amazing shots with the three of us (I also now believe my dog is more photogenic that I am!). Her and her assistant were so great on our wedding day! We have some great memories to look back on of that day and that is due to Amy's amazing photography skills.

Sent on 09/20/2018
    Amelia Soper Photography 8
    Amelia Soper Photography 9
    Amelia Soper Photography 10
    Amelia Soper Photography 11
    Amelia Soper Photography 12

Paul · Married on 09/30/2017

There is no better person to capture the moments of our wedding day than Amy. In addition to being incredibly talented, the combination of her wonderful and fun attitude/demeanor and her leadership for getting us through the pre-wedding photos was such a blessing. She perfectly captured the love and joy of our entire wedding and turned it into such a beautiful collection of professional photography. We are so happy to say that we are the fourth couple in our friend group whose wedding Amy has photographed and we highly recommend her to anyone who is reading this!

Sent on 11/01/2017

Leigh · Married on 05/06/2017

WOW! Amy loves what she does. You see this from Day 1 when you meet her and in our case it was on FaceTime. It came through loud and clear she is 200% PLUS committed to making your vision a reality. Her talent for knowing how to get the best shots, keeping you on track to achieve your vision, and skill in working with people and their pets is amazing. She truly goes above and beyond. I would recommend Amy in a heartbeat to future brides!

Sent on 05/11/2017

Rachelle · Married on 09/17/2016

I can't say enough about how positive the experience was working with Amy from start to finish! We had a lovely breakfast to get to know each other and once we realize we shared a love for football and dogs...I knew we had to book her. Amy makes you feel comfortable, is hilarious and of course professional. We can't wait to work with her again!

Sent on 01/18/2017

Alexis · Married on 09/04/2016

Amy Soper is easily the best photographer in the Pac NW. Once you know Amy, you love and cherish her forever. So many of her clients book her for an engagement shoot, and before you know it, she’s photographing their weddings, baby announcements, children, pets, family reunions, and basically any other event they can think of. Now I understand why. Amy has this wonderful ability to make you confident in her skills and make you feel that this moment is uniquely yours. You don’t ever feel like she’s checking off from a list of poses or going through the motions to get through the shoot. She’s funny. She’s engaged. She’s authentic. You want to hang out with her. And then you see her photos! I hate being in photos and was seriously stressed about the idea of being in hundreds of them on my wedding day. But I can honestly say that each and every photo looks like me ... but better! She captured the love we have for each other and for our favorite people in the world. Amy’s photography is a gift and we are so glad we found her for our wedding day.

Sent on 01/27/2017
  • Z

Zoe · Married on 07/23/2016

Amy was wonderful! I highly recommend her. She produced beautiful photos - hooray! We somehow look so glamorous! - and a gorgeous album layout - but what I'd actually like to emphasize is how easy she was to work with and how down-to-earth and regular she was to talk to. She's super-responsive over email and she gets it that you're harried. I gave her our shots list at the very last minute, at something like 3am the night before we got married, and despite that, she was able to scramble that morning and get organized and we got all the photos I wanted. (Thanks Amy... and sorry about that!) She's super willing to make a little adjustment to a photo, e.g. send over a black-and-white version, and promptly! Talk about an easy person to work with.

Sent on 01/30/2017

Candis · Married on 06/10/2016

Amy is hands down one of my favorite wedding vendors we selected for our special day!

When we first met for coffee, I think she said something like, “I want to make sure I get to know you and that you feel comfortable around me because on your wedding day, I’m going to be all up in your personal space with my camera. I want to make sure you’re able to relax and let your true happiness shine through.” I’m paraphrasing, I’m sure she said something way more magical. :)

Leading up to the day, Amy was true to her word. We met a few more times, shared our love of coffee and whiskey, and bounced photo ideas back and forth over email. On the day of, Amy and her second photographer melded right in with our wedding party. She kept us laughing, kept us on schedule, and ultimately captured some of the happiest moments of my life and I couldn’t be more thankful.

When we set out to plan our wedding, it was important to us that we found vendors who wanted to know us and to create our day specifically for us. Amy did exactly that. There is no more accurate word than Friendtographer to describe Amy. Thanks for everything Amy!

Sent on 07/14/2016

Amy has been amazing - she was available on short notice (we first communicated less than a week before our elopement), and was very accommodating and sweet. Transactions were a breeze because I was able to do the contract and payment process all online. We had a lot of fun with Amy the day of our wedding. She scouted the venue and found the perfect spot for outdoor photos. She also had the photos ready right away, and they are beautiful! Our puppy dog Patrone was an important part of our wedding day and she got some amazing shots of him in his tux!

Sent on 01/09/2016

Nolan · Married on 09/12/2015

Amy was amazing. She did our engagement photos, as well as the wedding photos. There are so many good photos that we can't even display them all. We've had roughly a dozen of the engagement photos framed around our house because they are so awesome...but now we have to swap some out for the amazing wedding photos, a hard task when there are so many great ones.

Sent on 09/18/2015
  • W

Whitney · Married on 08/15/2015

True expert and professional!

Hiring Amy was the best decision we could have made. She not only is an amazing photographer, but she is very skilled at making you feel comfortable in front of the camera. We had two engagement shoots with her, where we were either trekking through the woods in the dark or shooting in a freezing waterfall, and she never once complained, heavy gear and all! Her positive attitude is infectious. On our wedding day, she was the one thing I didn’t have to stress about at all! I knew she would be on time, and would jump right in. She did a great job at capturing all the moments, and everything on our shot list. I was blown away with the professionalism from a business perspective. Documentation, contracts, payments etc. were easy to receive, sign, and do online. The speed in which she gets photos back to you is unheard of! She even sent us a cute gift in the mail around the holidays with our engagement photo and made a fun sneak peak slideshow of our wedding day. The cherry on top, she printed a photo from the day of the wedding and put it in a centerpiece frame and gifted it to us at the end of the night! It was so fun to go home with a memento from the day. I highly recommend that you hire Amy, you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 08/15/2019
    Amelia Soper Photography 18
    Amelia Soper Photography 19
    Amelia Soper Photography 20

Michelle · Married on 01/03/2015

Amy is absolutely fabulous! She not only has a wonderful personality, but is incredibly talented. She captured the essence of happiness in every moment during our wedding. We are thrilled with her work and know that anyone who chooses to work with Amy will be just as happy!
    Our photographer by chance, our new friend by choice! ;)

Sent on 02/18/2015

We absolutely adored having Amy as our photographer! If we had the opportunity to do our wedding again I would pick Amy hands down, one hundred times over. She's incredibly talented and offers so much more than just photos- she offers an amazing service! Everything from the engagement photos, to the coffee dates, to her making us feel more comfortable infront of the camera, to her creativity and her ability to gracefully boss my family around to get a group photo. If you're looking for someone fun that you can trust I highly recommend Amelia Soper Photography!

Sent on 12/22/2014

Molly · Married on 08/31/2014

Seriously. What else is there to say? Amy is, hands down, the most talented, happy, energetic, passionate, and friendly photographer on the market. Okay, I haven't met them all, but believe me when I say she is amazing. We were SOOOO incredibly lucky to have met Amy and hired her to do our engagement shots and wedding day photography. Although timing on wedding days tends to be a little scattered, Amy took it with flying colors and got all shots that we could have wanted, and more! We had a blast with Amy on our wedding day - she definitely helped ease the wedding jitters and made both my wife and I a little more calm and ready for the big day ahead of us. After the wedding and the scheduled time we had with her, Amy stayed and partied the night away with us at the bonfire we had at the campground. Seriously - what other photographers would do this? You won't be disappointed by hiring Amy. Do it. And ask about her cats. Thanks Amy!!!! You rock our socks!

Sent on 10/15/2014

Amy is a true delight! She did such an incredible job of capturing our wedding day details and was so sweet throughout the entire planning process. We loved having her be part of our big day and would recommend her to anyone. If there was one word to describe working with Amy it would be perfection!

Sent on 12/07/2014

Christine · Married on 07/05/2014

Amy is great! She is so organized and made our wedding photos run so smoothly! She was super fun to have around and is very punctual. Definitely go with her if you are getting married!!! I told her I wanted a good first kiss picture, and even though those are hard to get, and she made it happen! It's now framed above my fireplace and I love it.

Sent on 12/04/2014

Diana · Married on 05/25/2014

Amy helped to make our wedding more special than we ever could've imagined. She was professional, personable, and an absolute blast to work with. Looking at the photos from our wedding is like reliving the day over and over again. Thank you Amy, we are forever grateful!

Sent on 12/17/2014

Deanna · Married on 08/18/2013

Amy was wonderful! She was so much fun to work with and my husband and I felt totally comfortable around her. I love the pictures! She did our engagement shoot and wedding. She was professional and friendly to all our guests. I will be calling Amy again in the future!

Sent on 08/20/2013
  • W

Whitney · Married on 08/09/2013

We just received our wedding photos back from Amy and I could not be happier with how they turned out!! She is incredibly talented and captured the spirit of the day. During planning Amy was very easy to work with and communicative during the whole process. She provided a shot list prior to the big day which really helped organize the wedding party and our extended families. Amy and her assistant spent 8 1/2 hours with us - and that didn't include coming over to the wedding venue on the ferry! - and she was upbeat and energetic the whole time. Her pricing is extremely reasonable particularly given that she includes an engagement session and has no time restrictions, plus she gave us a pet discount! I would highly recommend Amy!

Sent on 09/04/2013

Evelyn · Married on 08/03/2013

Working with Amy was truly a pleasure. She really seemed to "get" our vision of our wedding and spent a lot of time really getting to know us, which I think made our photos so amazingly personalized. Every time I thought, oh it would be great to get a picture of...she would be there already taking it.

On top of all of the beautiful photos Amy was so much fun! She made me and my husband feel so at ease during our individual session and got right in on the action for some amazing dance photos and action shots. Even though we live in TX and our wedding and Amy were in WA I would definitely look to her for any future photographer needs. She is 100% amazing!

Sent on 01/09/2014

Samantha · Married on 07/13/2013

Amy is great to work with and made our wedding that much more fun. And the pics were amazing!

Sent on 01/06/2014

Payton · Married on 05/16/2013

Amy is the best photographer!! She traveled with us all the way to Maui and we are so happy we made the decision to bring her along! Her work is a beautiful and she is a pleasure to be around as well! We just got done reviewing our pictures and are beyond happy! I would definitely recommend her!

Sent on 06/26/2013

Julie · Married on 07/14/2012

I can't say enough about how incredibly talented Amelia is. I went through around 80 portfolios, and when I came across Amelia's I knew she was the photographer for us. Her personality shows through the pictures-fun, artistic, creative, and just awesome. I cared more about my pictures than my dress, and I couldn't be more pleased. She is super fun to work with, and I felt comfortable with her just a few minutes in to our engagement shoot. Don't miss out on having the pictures of a lifetime!

Sent on 08/02/2012

Amy is amazing, I loved working with her. She made me feel at ease and just did an excellent job!

Sent on 07/21/2012

Jessica · Married on 02/12/2012

Amy was simply amazing! She showed up on time, was very professional and was wonderful to work with. Not only did she capture our day in every way possible she continued to ask if I had any ideas or if there was any other pictures I wanted. I am so happy we got to spend our day with Amy and her assistant, I felt like she was apart of family and enjoyed her company on our day!

Sent on 02/16/2012