Amanda Somerville Photography Reviews

Rating 5.0 out of 5, 18 Reviews
View more information

• Kinley
    Kinley F. Getting married on 05/05/2022

Amanda Somerville is the best!!

Amanda is truly phenomenal at what she does! Not only is she an incredible photographer, but she is so kind and made my husband and I feel so at ease! Unfortunately, COVID-19 changed our wedding plans, as it has for so many people, but Amanda was still able to capture our day and captured it so beautifully! My family has been lucky to have Amanda photograph my sister's wedding and my own and we LOVE her work!! Thank you Amanda for capturing our day so beautifully!! You are the best!!
    Reba S. Married on 08/12/2021

Great quality and value!

Amanda is the besttt! She is so good at communicating with you in a reasonable time, organizes all the details you don't want to worry about as a bride, and delivers BEAUTIFUL natural and airy photos! I am so glad I hired Amanda because she has gone above and beyond for us. She has such a quick turn around time on photos and gives you so many sneak peeks! Her price is very reasonable for the quality of her work and service to you as a couple/brand/individual. I'd give her 10 stars if I could!
  • Sydney
    Sydney V. Married on 06/25/2021

Wedding Photographer

Amanda was fantastic. Very professional. Since we were having a destination wedding- we were not able to meet in person beforehand. Her personality is so warm that it made it easy to connect with her the first time we met- at the rehearsal dinner! She also really listened to what was important to us and what wasn't. I recommend Amanda and her team wholeheartedly.
  • Lindsey
    Lindsey A. Married on 06/05/2021

Best investment of the wedding!!

Where to even begin?! Amanda is a real life hype woman who creates the most beautiful images! She did both our engagement photos and wedding photos. We got married on Saturday June 5th, and we were celebrating laaaate that night. I woke up the next morning to an email from Amanda saying "sneak peek and congratulations!" it was about 20 photos from the day that she emailed us at 3 am!!! She is dedicated, hilarious, so passionate, and makes anyone feel comfortable in front of the camera, which is an incredible talent! She has the most whimsical, beautiful, timeless airy style about her photos, capturing light in a way that literally makes your jaw drop!

We are so happy that even after our big day has passed, we will have these images to last our lifetime! We cannot wait to get the full album and are thrilled to have a wonderful person and talented photographer for every stage of our lives moving forward.

We love you Amanda!!
    - Brandon and Lindsey Gage
    Laura S. Married on 11/21/2020

Amazing experience!! Highly recommend!!

My husband and I had such a great experience working with Amanda for our engagement and wedding photos! She was so kind and helpful throughout our planning process especially with the challenges that came with COVID. She’s easy going and a joy to be around making it fun to have our photos taken. She is so creative and it shows through her beautiful work. Our pictures came back promptly and they were amazing. I highly recommend her, she truly goes above and beyond!! Thank you Amanda!!
  • Peyton
    Peyton Married on 11/07/2020

Amazing Wedding Photographer

Having great wedding photos was my biggest priority with wedding planning, and Amanda went over and beyond with making everything so wonderful. She was easy to contact, book, and stay in touch with during the whole wedding planning process, and so flexible and patient with us as we made changes to our wedding due to COVID-19. She truly helped make our day so special and worry free, always made us feel comfortable in front of the camera, kept us laughing with her constant positivity, and made sure our entire day with each little detail was captured for us to always remember! Her photography style is so gorgeous, and all of the many photos are so beautiful! We could not have asked for a better photographer to capture our most special day, and we will always recommend her to anyone needing a wedding photographer! Thank you for everything Amanda!
  • Amber
    Amber D. Married on 06/12/2020

Making the most of our Covid- cancellation

Amanda was such a joy to work with. She was calm, collected, and flexible with us when Covid-19 ruined our plans. Our big, South Carolina wedding was cancelled, and we ended up having a much smaller ceremony at home. After the wedding, we brought our attire down to South Carolina for our honeymoon, and Amanda captured some beautiful photos of us at our original venue. She effortlessly guided us through poses and positioning to make sure we had the best light, and beautiful photos. Not only is she incredibly professional, but she is so much fun to be around! We laughed and talked the entire time, and it felt like we were catching up with an old friend. I am so grateful we took the time to get some photos at our original venue, and that Amanda wouldn't let our deposit go to waste. I couldn't be more thrilled with the stunning shots she got of us in such a beautiful place ❤️
  • Macenzie
    Macenzie F. Married on 11/30/2019

Highly Recommend!!

Amanda is a one of a kind photographer! I could not have asked for a better photographer on our wedding day. I was stunned at how well our wedding photos turned out. She brings the best energy and made my bridal party feel like we were on cloud nine. She makes you feel beautiful and captures it for you to keep forever. Amanda is so talented behind the camera. She edits her pictures beautifully. It rained on our wedding day, but it didn’t even phase her! She ran with it and we got some of the most creative and beautiful pictures! She’s creative and flexible! Amanda is super efficient and quick in editing, while still paying great attention to detail. She had all of our pictures back to us in less than a month. I highly recommend Amanda Somerville Photography for any couples out there looking for a wedding photographer. And if she was not already the sweetest, she sent us a care package a couple months after we were married. Do yourself a favor and book with Amanda Somerville Photography!! We can’t wait to work with her again in the future!
  • Erin
    Erin O. Married on 05/18/2019

Amanda was professional and sweet

Where to begin?! I met Amanda through a friend who did a wedding shoot to model wedding dresses. My friend, even for a faux wedding shoot, loved Amanda so much she recommended her for my wedding. I am so glad she did! Our engagement pictures were headed for complete disaster before Amanda showed up: it was 98 degrees, my dog was throwing a fit about wearing his tux, our venue was locked when we showed up, and there was a thunderstorm headed our way. Amanda was great. She calmly found other places for us to shoot and made me feel like it was going to be okay. She was there to walk us through some of the awkward picture-taking moments, and Bandit loved her so he cooperated for the camera. We were able to get some really great shots!
    Same for the wedding. Amanda was professional and attentive. She was great with my guests and we have some absolutely beautiful moments that are captured and perfectly edited to make them look delicate and lovely. So glad that we were able to book Amanda!!
    Savannah Married on 05/09/2019

So much fun!

I don’t even know where to begin with our experience with Amanda! She was so easy to work with and has such a fun personality which made our experience incredibly enjoyable. It felt like we were taking pictures with someone we already knew! Her communicaton was always prompt and proofesional. Our images were delivered quickly and were presented in a beautiful gallery. She was so much fun to work with and we can’t wait to work with her again in the future!
  • Amanda
    Amanda Married on 05/04/2019

So happy we chose Amanda!

Amanda did such an amazing job as our photographer! As soon as she got to our location she made everyone feel comfortable and it felt like hanging out with an old friend instead of a stranger posing us! I would absolutely recommend her!
    Allie H. Married on 10/19/2018

Engagement/Wedding Photography with Amanda!

Amanda is unreal. I can’t say enough good things. She did our engagement and wedding photos, and after seeing my photos, many of my guests have said they’ve never seen more beautiful photography. I would choose Amanda over and over! Highly recommend!!
    Natalie Married on 06/02/2018

Photography

Amanda is so sweet and talented! She made everything about my wedding day go perfectly! She was so organized and got every picture that I had wanted. She was so fun to work with, and my entire bridal party loved her! She was very easy to communicate with and always responded in a timely manner! Would 100% recommend her for your wedding day!
    Rachel Married on 11/18/2017
    Amanda is perfect! Her style truly captured the romantic feeling of the whole evening. She was also flexible with how we got our photos, we didn't have to get prints through her or decided if we wanted a book. Her latest website gallery upgrade allows us to share pictures easily and download straight from there. Seriously the best!
    Tracy Married on 09/15/2017
    Amanda is super sweet and made the bridal party for relaxed, especially my daughter, the bride. The few pictures I've seen have been beyond words. She even put up with my friends asking to have our pictures taken. Thanks Amanda! Can't wait to see the rest of the pictures!
    Eden Married on 08/12/2017
    Amanda is truly the best. One of the major "stresses" is worrying about getting all the right shots on your special day. If you just trust her, Amanda will capture all the great posed pictures, but more importantly all the little in between moments. She makes the whole day fun, relaxed, and has everyone laughing. Pictures are the one thing that last forever from your wedding day and I'm so glad we asked Amanda to capture those memories for us.
    Nicole Married on 05/27/2017
    Amanda literally made all of my wedding photography dreams come true. She was so amazing to work with and made the whole day so much fun. I could not recommend her enough. I am so happy with my choice to have her that day!
  • Meagan
    Meagan Married on 06/27/2014
    My hubby and I used Amanda for engagement and wedding. Wonderful girl to work with, she got every single photo that we asked for.
    Make a list and she'll do it! She went unnoticed by the "crowd" at the wedding but still got every single important photo we wanted!