Amanda Holder Events Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner

• Mej
    Mej C. Getting married on 03/03/2023

Excellent service, prepared staff, great communication

We are a vendor team who worked with Amanda this past weekend, and our experience with her and her team was excellent. She brought a full team of very prepared staff who knew the details and the timeline of the event very well. The team communicated with us throughout the event to ensure that we were on the same page and was willing to help with anything we needed that would make the day run smoothly.

Amanda Holder Events's reply:

Our entire team had the best time working with y'all! You went above and beyond and we are grateful! Looking forward to working with you many more times this year!
  • Ric
    Ric L. Getting married on 01/10/2022

Olive Tree

As a long term Wedding Officiant I have found that Amanda’s services as a Wedding Coordinator are second to none. Issues were well anticipated resulting in a smooth and harmonized event. Her experience has and will, serve her clients well.

Amanda Holder Events's reply:

Thank you, Ric. We always enjoy working with you. You're a true professional and a real team player!
    Denise B. Getting married on 01/04/2022

Fantastic Team!

Amanda and her team are amazing to work with! They are always "on it" and have multiple team members on site to help the event run smoothly!

Amanda Holder Events's reply:

Thanks, Denise! We love working with you and your entire team, too! You make our job so much easier! Always a pleasure!
  • Autumn
    Autumn C. Married on 09/19/2021

Amazing wedding planner

I had such a great experience working with Amanda Holder Events. They were kind, easy to work with, and professional. They provided anything and everything I needed and were flexible with changes. I highly recommend them!

Amanda Holder Events's reply:

We love working with you, too, Autumn! Your cakes are beautiful and delicious!!! You knock it out of the park every time!
    Terra K. Married on 09/11/2021

Dream come true!

“Amanda and her Dream Team” ( as we have dubbed them) helped make our wedding day more magical then we could have ever imagined! They are truly the BEST! Amanda is absolutely attentive, kind, calm and kept us on track throughout the entire wedding process. On our special day, Amanda led her team with such professionalism that everything ran more smoothly then we could have ever hoped for. Her team and the vendors she recommended went above and beyond to make sure we had everything we needed. From bringing us appetizers while we finished up pictures to helping us change out of our wedding shoes into our dancing shoes and everything in between! Amanda helped organize a few surprises along the way, one being a video message from my son who is in the Navy and was unable to attend our big day, being able to “see” our son on that day meant more to us than I could ever express! Amanda is a dedicated visionary who worked very hard to make our dream day a success!
    -Terra and Jennifer Klaib

Amanda Holder Events's reply:

Not only was your wedding day magical...you two were magical! It was SUCH a pleasure working with you and bringing it all to life. Thank you for the kinds words...they mean so much to me and my entire team. Love you ladies!
    Anna A. Married on 08/15/2021

Professional, Detail Oriented, Responsive

Amanda and her crew are a dream to work with! As a Caterer, I really appreciated the attention to detail as well as the great communication. The entire Amanda Holder Events team are incredibly hard-working, professional, friendly, responsive, and accommodating (not just through the wedding weekend, but throughout the entire planning experience). We look forward to working together again soon.

Amanda Holder Events's reply:

Thanks, Anna! It's been so great working with you and your team this year!!! Consistently knocking it out of the park, week after week! Love y'all!
    Anna A. Married on 08/15/2021

Professional, detail oriented, responsive

Amanda and her crew are a dream to work with! As a Caterer, I really appreciated that the attention to detail as well as the great communication, embark events are incredibly hard-working, professional, friendly, responsive, and accommodating (not just through the wedding weekend, but throughout the entire planning experience). We look forward to working together again soon.
    Joseph W. Married on 08/12/2021

Everything was perfect

Amanda and here team did a wonderful job

Amanda Holder Events's reply:

Thank you so much! It was a pleasure working with you all to bring it to fruition! It was beautiful! Cheers to the happy couple!!!
    April B. Married on 08/07/2021

Amazing Event Partner

True professionalism and grace! Wonderful partner to plan with.

Amanda Holder Events's reply:

Thank you, April! We thoroughly enjoyed working with you and your team, too! Cheers to many more from here on out!
  • Drew
    Drew J. Married on 08/07/2021

Amanda and her team are amazing!

If you are planning a wedding in the San Luis Obispo area, hiring Amanda and her team is a must! The entire team is incredible. We absolutely could not have had the wedding of our dreams without their tireless help during the wedding planning process and throughout the wedding weekend. They made everything so easy, calm, and relaxed -- the took the stress out of all elements of wedding planning and did so in the most fun and friendly way. On the day of the wedding, they made sure everything was taken care of, accounted for, and that we were able to have the time of our lives. And on top of all of that, when we had to postpone our wedding an entire year due to COVID, they made the rescheduling process seamless and went above and beyond in the help they provided us working with all of our vendors to reschedule. Amanda and her whole team were truly amazing to work with, and you will not regret working with them your wedding!

Amanda Holder Events's reply:

Oh, wow! Thank you so much for the kind words, Drew! COVID certainly threw us for a few loops, but we GSD and made it all happen and we're so glad you enjoyed yourselves! Sending love to you both!
    Sharon J. Married on 08/07/2021

Calm, Knowledgeable Expertise and Support

Amanda's superpower is her ability to calmly provide solutions to ANY situation or problem! Her staff is competent, responsible, and always positive. We hired Amanda Holder Events to help us plan and staff the Rehearsal Dinner and Post-wedding Brunch for a very reasonable fee, since she was helping our son and fiancee plan their wedding. We experienced a "mini-crisis" with a Rehearsal Dinner vendor and Amanda jumped into action, providing extra staff to take up the slack and got us a refund from the vendor. We will forever be grateful to Amanda and staff for helping our son and daughter-in-law to create the wedding they waited so long for!

Amanda Holder Events's reply:

Thank you so much, Sharon! That means the world to us! They don't call us Team GSD for nothin'! :) It all worked out in the end and was beautiful from start to finish!
    Mary E. Married on 07/19/2021

Excellent Service and Extremely Helpful.

Amanda from Amanda Holder Events was an absolute dream to work with. I was giving a rehearsal dinner for my nephew and his fiancé, but I lived hundreds of miles away. We worked by phone, email, and aisleplanner and I walked in 10 minutes before the guests arrived to the most amazing event. She is completely on it - every single detail. She was kind and helpful and always had a good suggestion. I wouldn't hesitate to use Amanda and her staff again and I would recommend them to anyone!

Amanda Holder Events's reply:

Thank you so much, Mary Ellen! It was an absolute pleasure working with you; it all turned out so beautiful and the bride and groom seemed so happy, too!
    Erin B. Married on 07/10/2021

Couldn’t of done it without your TEAM

For being a bride who works full time and is a mama made this planning flawless. I didn’t experience once hiccup and I never felt stressed once. Amanda and her team all genuinely care about you and your desire for the big day. All were beyond professional, outgoing, and positive. Not once did I have a freak out moment I knew everything was in the best hands. Amanda I couldn’t of done it without your team. If I could tell every bride to have you on their big day I would!

Amanda Holder Events's reply:

Oh my goodness...thank you so much! We LOVED working with you and, despite the 109 degree weather, it was beautiful and flawless. YOU were beautiful and flawless! Love you two!!!
    Ashley C. Married on 07/03/2021

Absolutely Amazing!

Amanda and her team were absolutely amazing! We did not have to worry about a single item on the day of our wedding and made the day flow flawlessly. They checked on us throughout the day to make sure we were happy at all times. Leading up to our wedding, Amanda was very responsive and always took care of all the tasks she said she would and more. We are so happy that we worked with Amanda and her team.

Amanda Holder Events's reply:

Awww...thank you! We LOVAEd working with you to pull it all together. It was the most perfect day!!!
  • Gage
    Gage A. Married on 06/26/2021

Definitely recommend!

If you want a care free wedding with no hassle or worry, these are your people!

Amanda Holder Events's reply:

Thanks Gage! It was a pleasure working with you! We barely knew you were there! It was so easy! Would love to do it again!
    Marilyn L. Married on 06/23/2021

Amanda created the best wedding we could have imagined

I have been involved in many corporate events for over 30 year. I was the MoB and could not have asked for a better experience. Amanda Holder and her team were incredible and delivered a flawless wedding event!

Amanda Holder Events's reply:

Awww...thank you so much, Marilyn! Appreciate that SO very much! It really was a gorgeous day, all-around!
    Lauren M. Married on 06/19/2021

The Best in Class Wedding Planner

Amanda Holder is hands down the most talented, professional, kind, detailed and the biggest superstar in the wedding game.
    She helped us put together a rockstar team of vendors and gave us much needed guidance every step of the way.
    After having to reschedule our wedding due to COVID, she took away every bit of stress and facilitated a smooth transition to our new date. She ensured we had the best wedding weekend possible. Amanda planned our Rehearsal, Welcome Event and Wedding. Every part of the weekend was beautiful and went as smooth as it gets. Amanda and her team worked tirelessly throughout the weekend and were a breathe of fresh air and a calming presence.
    I would recommend Amanda Holder Events to anyone that is planning an event! We are forever grateful!
    -Lauren and Ryan

Amanda Holder Events's reply:

Oh, wow! Thank you so much! LOVED working with you two to bring all your wedding dreams to fruition! I'm gonna miss you! I hope you'll keep in touch! :)
    Jonathan Married on 06/08/2021

I cannot recommend Amanda Holder Events enough!

I have been photographing weddings on the central coast for the last 16 years. Amanda (and her incredible crew) are always an absolute joy to work with. They are prompt with the information I need prior to a wedding day. On the day, they are in constant motion setting up, problem solving and moving everything along in a fluid, seamless fashion. The best coordinators are the ones you hardly know are there; they are behind the scenes taking care of hundreds of tiny details and unexpected problems that invariably come up at every wedding. The couples that hire Amanda Holder Events are hiring the very best. When I walk into a wedding day and see Amanda, I know my job will be easier to accomplish. I will be able to do my best and not have to worry about timing, the days organization or the success of the celebration. I cannot recommend Amanda Holder Events enough!
    Jonathan
    www.bluephoto.biz

Amanda Holder Events's reply:

Oh, wow! Thanks, Jonathan! You are just too kind! We absolutely LOVE working with you! So easy and fun! And, OMG...the photos!!! Gorgeous every time! We love the way you capture all the special moments of a wedding day!
  • Jenn
    Jenn Married on 06/05/2021

Amanda and her team are THE BEST

I am very organized so I wasn't sure initially if I needed a wedding planner but having Amanda turned out to be the absolute best decision. She helped us all along the way and scheduling + rescheduling vendors due to covid. The day of our wedding was absolutely perfect and she handled everything! I was super nervous before the ceremony and the girls on Amanda's team even helped calm me down. If you want your wedding to be a seamless and perfectly organized event, you have to have Amanda there!

Amanda Holder Events's reply:

Thank you so much, Jenn! Your wedding day was absolutely perfect and we had a blast working with you! SO glad Holly was able to help you calm your nerves, too. :)
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer M. Married on 06/05/2021

Couldn't have happened without them

I just want to start this review off the same way Amanda found out why we wanted to hire a wedding planner. I never wanted to plan a wedding. I was never that little girl dreaming about her wedding. The bachelorette and honeymoon trips is what I was dreaming about as a little girl. We did really well picking out all of our vendors after that wedding planning wasn't fun for me. I convinced my husband (who wanted the wedding celebration and not the courthouse wedding) to let me factor in a wedding planner into our budget because I told him I didn't sign up for this. Amanda and her team took on everything I had no interest in planning and thought of things I would have never thought of. They were great and honestly our wedding wouldn't have been as beautiful, well put together, or flow nicely if it wasn't for Amanda and her team. Thank you for everything and convincing my husband this service was needed! (On to honeymoon planning - this is what I'm excited to plan - yeaaa!)

Amanda Holder Events's reply:

You are too cute! Glad we could help! Thank you so much for the kind words! And thanks for posting honeymoon pics to Insta, so we could live vicariously through you! :) Can't wait to see all those photos!
    Erica N. Married on 06/05/2021

Hands down the best!

Amanda is a dream to work with, we love how organized and professional she is and she makes our job as a caterer go so smoothly! She has a mind for logistics and an eye for detail that can't be matched.

Amanda Holder Events's reply:

Thank you, Erica! We love working with you and your team, too! Always so smooth! We all make a great team! :)
    Chantele L. Married on 05/30/2021

Wedding planner

As a wedding photographer I’ve learned a Wedding Planner can be the key to success when planning an event. Amanda and team helped to create an amazing space for our bride and groom. All T’s crossed and i’s were dotted with patience and beauty. Thank you Amanda, it was a pleasure working with you and your team.
    Cheers,
    Chantele @ Moonstone Images

Amanda Holder Events's reply:

Thank you so much! We really enjoyed working with you! It was so easy! Can't wait to see all those photos! :)
    Brianna C. Married on 05/30/2021

Amanda Holder is wonderful!

Amanda is so professional, kind, and very smoothly coordinated the wedding with a smile and a calm presence the whole time.

Amanda Holder Events's reply:

Thank you so much! We really enjoyed working with you! Can't wait to see the video of such a beautiful day for Jasmine & Zack!
  • Jasmine
    Jasmine Married on 05/30/2021

Kept Me Calm and Got Shit Done

Amanda and her team were very professional and responsive throughout the entire process. They were also so much fun to work and a pure joy to be around on my wedding day, which is a big deal considering your planner is with you through the most intimate moments. Of course, things didn't go as planned due to the usual madness that comes with a wedding - but Amanda was always on it, fixed the problem, and assured it would be taken care of. She really kept me calm and got shit done.

Amanda Holder Events's reply:

Jasmine; It was absolutely our pleasure serving you! You were also a joy to work with! We really enjoyed the whole process with you and your entire family! It was one heck of a party! Sending so much love and big hugs!
    Amy M. Married on 05/30/2021

Calm, cool & collected!

Amanda Holders team is full of ninjas. They are always one step ahead of everyone else. But never obtrusive. They calmly float about checking every last detail is taken care of with out a drop of sweat.

Amanda Holder Events's reply:

Ninjas...we like it! Thank you for the kind words! You knocked it out of the park! Always a pleasure!