Amanda Blair by Design Reviews

Amanda Blair by Design 6
Amanda Blair by Design 7
  • Jackie

Jackie · Married on 05/18/2019

Couldn’t have done this without Amanda!

It’s hard to imagine anyone better than a Amanda. She knows how to take your vision and turn it into something way bigger and more magical than you could even think of. On top of her talent, she is reliable, trustworthy, hard working and just so sweet. I am so grateful for her. She kept me super calm along the way and you just always know you’re in good hands with her. Highly highly recommend!!

Sent on 06/03/2019
  • Kristin

Kristin · Married on 05/10/2019

Best Decision!

Finding Amanda was truly a blessing! Being a teacher, I thought I’d have the planning process in the bag; I was so wrong! I was truly overwhelmed with all of the different aspects of planning once the school year kicked in. Hiring Amanda was the BEST decision we made. Amanda’s creativity, knowledge of design, thoughtfulness, and professionalism led us to have the most beautiful day. Just by looking at my Pinterest board and talking over the phone, she got a sense of my boho/eclectic style and completely elevated the designs for everything from flower arrangements to table linens. She also brought peace and relief to my mom, whose traditional preferences tended to clash with my style. In addition to that, Amanda was extremely helpful in keeping my husband and I organized and calm as we navigated the rest of wedding planning...especially towards the end. On the day of the wedding, she helped ensure that it was perfect. Not only did I see her keeping my wedding present (a puppy) calm on a leash during pictures, but she was a lifesaver for my husband who could not find the bourbon we buried weeks prior to the day. He must have been digging for nearly 10 minutes when Amanda gave him a break and found the bourbon on her first attempt! If you want your wedding to be the best day of your life, do yourself a favor and hire Amanda. Thank you, Amanda. We are so grateful for you!

Sent on 06/14/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah Vargas · Married on 04/13/2019

The BEST day, thanks to Amanda

Amanda made our wedding day go so smoothly! Just like any wedding, the amount of planning and logistics can be overwhelming, but Amanda's organization and responsiveness made it all very manageable. Initially, I was having problems finding vendors that would help me stay within my budget. After we ironed out a budget spreadsheet that we both felt good about, everything seemed to fall into place so nicely. She put me in touch with some really wonderful vendors that I otherwise would not have had the pleasure of working with. She made the effort to reach out to them if we ran into any issues well before the big day. We met several times throughout the whole process and I felt like spending 1 hour planning with her was sometimes more productive than an entire day on my own. On our actual wedding day, she handled everything at the venue for me, which allowed me to just sit back and enjoy the entire day all the way through the last dance of our reception. Whether you decide to hire Amanda as your wedding planner or day-of-coordinator, know that you are in the best hands!

Sent on 05/16/2019

Emily Rankin · Married on 04/07/2019

Every brides need an Amanda!

Her and her team were one of the best wedding decisions I made. Throughout the planning process, she was so attentive to the many questions I had throughout the month and so easy to work with. She created a Google drive for seamless communication, attended our rentals meeting (she helped us find the PERFECT linens), communicated with all the vendors to have everyone on the same page. She takes your wedding vision seriously and has an amazing ability to support and enhance your details to bring everything to life.

On the day, Amanda and her team were professional, efficient, relaxed throughout the whole day. We loved the extra touches they added and the unexpected joy of seeing some items re-purposed. I was able to have my wedding day morning fully relaxed and in-the-moment.

While all weddings have their unexpected surprises and things go wrong. Amanda and her team kept our families insulated from the issues and we were able to fully enjoy the day and immerse ourselves in the things that mattered to us.

Finally, the clean-up was incredible. I wasn't there for this, but my parents didn't have to lift a finger. They were able to pack, organize, and send my parents off under an hour after our send off!

Amanda Blair By Design was our greatest investment and I highly recommend her in all respects. We couldn't have done it without her!

Venue: The Bradford

Amanda Blair by Design 14
    Amanda Blair by Design 15
  • Taylor

Taylor · Married on 04/06/2019

Professional, reliable, and responsive!

Upon booking our wedding venue at The Bradford, we knew we needed to immediately hire a wedding planner. Amanda was an obvious choice for us as she had so much experience with weddings at our venue. Throughout the entire planning process, she was organized, super responsive, and provided vendor recommendations. She goes above and beyond to provide insight based on budget, overall vision, and ensures all vendors execute the day-of. I would absolutely recommend her for your wedding or event!

Sent on 06/04/2019
  • Cassie

Cassie · Married on 11/17/2018

Incredible Experience with Amanda!

Ah, I don’t even know where to begin with Amanda. I came into planning a wedding with no experience or knowledge, and my fiancé and I definitely did not have the time learn. I have a demanding job requiring long hours and weekend work, and he is in the Army and is out-of-pocket often. Not to mention, neither of us are particularly great at design. We had three main goals for our wedding: (1) we wanted it to be laidback and fun, (2) we wanted flowers to be the highlight of our design, and (3) we wanted the planning aspect to be relatively stress-free. Amanda helped us accomplish all of these tasks and so much more!

I retained Amanda based on our initial conversation (I could tell she was organized and friendly from the get-go) and on pictures that she posts on her instagram and website (definitely take a look at her previous work). Amanda is incredibly talented, and I’m confident she can bring to life any dream wedding— I’ve seen her work on more traditional weddings as well as non-traditional. We opted for a less traditional wedding that had a mingly atmosphere and food stations in lieu of a sit down dinner. Amanda executed our (fragmented, ambiguous and I’m sure very confusing!) vision flawlessly, and she brought so much to the table that we never would have thought of. She offered really interesting and fun ideas, such as lounges, a greenery centerpiece that hung from our clear-top tent (with the help of Plume Events, who was also incredible to work with), and other great specialty rentals. During the wedding, she was very friendly and professional to our (pretty wild) guests, and to my knowledge everything went smoothly! Everybody told me that you know you have a good planner when you don’t hear about any hiccups or aren’t asked to handle anything — this was my exact experience!

Beyond her help on design, Amanda was also always incredibly prompt, responsive and professional.. I can’t tell you how huge of a deal that is! It’s really frustrating to not hear back from a vendor when you reach out, and I never had that issue with Amanda. She was a great sounding board for ideas and questions that I had as well as how to deal with personal, wedding-related issues that popped up in the planning process. She also recommended amazing vendors — I loved everyone we had the opportunity to work with! In fact, when my first photographer that I retained (the only person I retained that wasn’t recommended by Amanda) was first unprofessional and second ended up losing all of our engagement pictures, Amanda connected us with a phenomenal photographer ASAP who we LOVED (Jordan Maunder; the pictures attached to this review are from Jordan!).

Very grateful to have had Amanda plan our wedding, and I can’t recommend her enough. She is incredibly talented, professional and sweet — I hope you have the privilege to work with her!

Sent on 12/24/2018
    Amanda Blair by Design 16
    Amanda Blair by Design 17
    Amanda Blair by Design 18
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 11/11/2018

Do yourself a favor, and hire Amanda! She's AMAZING and your wedding will be too!

Amanda was the glue to my entire wedding, and she ensured that everything went smoothly and without a glitch. My mom and I both love her! On my wedding day, my mom and I sat in the bridal suite and hung out with my bridal party while Amanda organized, decorated and waved her magic wand at the venue. We weren't thinking about everything that was being coordinated inside the venue. This is the gift that you get when you hire Amanda as your wedding coordinator. Also, despite being so kind and sweet, Amanda knows how to command the room when things are to be done, from the rehearsal to the actual wedding day. So many guests told me that my wedding was one of the most organized and fun weddings that they had ever attended - including the photographer and pastor, who frequent a lot of weddings. Thank you, Amanda, for giving me my dream wedding! I will forever tell everyone how amazing you are and I'm sad that we don't get to plan another event together. To all the brides out there, if you're in doubt of whether or not you want/need a wedding coordinator, just do yourself a favor and schedule a meeting with Amanda. I promise you won't be disappointed.

Sent on 12/13/2018

Emily · Married on 10/20/2018

Amanda is truly the best

We truly can't put into words just how amazing Amanda is. From the initial phone call to the end of our wedding night, Amanda was calming, responsive, kind, and so supportive.
    Right from start, Amanda was able to turn my words and Pinterest finds into the perfect mood board and inspiration for our entire wedding design. She also referred great vendors and was always quick to answer questions and meet with us whenever needed.
    A few days before our wedding, we came to terms that the rain was going roll in on our wedding day, and Amanda was able to reserve us the perfect tent on incredibly short notice! And on the day of the wedding, we were amazed by her styling abilities and were in love with how she transformed our venue with her impeccable taste. None of guests even knew our ceremony and reception spaces were our "Plan B" because everything looked perfect.
    We can't thank Amanda enough. We are so grateful that she was recommended to us, and we plan to refer her to everyone!

Sent on 10/29/2018

Emily · Married on 06/23/2018

Amanda was amazing! I first met her at an open house at my venue. I could tell upon meeting her not only was she sweet but that she was dedicated to making people’s special day go off without a hitch. I loved that she had different levels of design/coordination that you could choose from. I went with day of coordination and design (partly because I love planning things myself). Not only is she very reasonably priced compared to competitors, but she also had already worked numerous events at my wedding venue and had a good connection with their staff.

Amanda goes over and beyond to make sure that she’s got your back when the big day comes. She went with me to my rental appointment, set up a google drive and documents to store and share all wedding day details as they developed, maintained communication through email, set up a final run through meetings at the venue, contacted all vendors, had a face-to-face week before “do we feel good about everything” meeting, ran the rehearsal, coordinated the guest, bridal party, and staff on the wedding day as well as put up all of the decorations so that I (or anyone in my family) didn’t have to stress about any of it!!! This was amazing. Last but not least, she also helped after the ceremony/reception to make sure everything at the venue was back in order and all of my belongings were in my family’s possession.

Long story short, I highly recommend Amanda to any bride regardless of how much help you think you may or may not need for EVERYTHING involved in the wedding planning process. Believe me, it is worth every penny!!!

Sent on 09/06/2018

Bonnie · Married on 06/02/2018

It was such pleasure working with Amanda! She helped me with day-of wedding coordination and she went above and beyond her call of duty. Amanda is a thoughtful and patient creative who has an amazing eye for design. She was one of the first vendors I booked and immediately offered design advice, professional insight, and recommendations for other vendors. During the design meetings throughout the wedding planning process, she provided wonderful direction. Her organization, communication, and care was evident on my wedding day. Everything was lovely and detail-oriented. She made the big day extra special and I am so happy to have worked with her. Although my wedding is over, I look forward to staying in touch with Amanda and following all of her beautiful work. I highly recommend Amanda Blair by Design for all planning and coordinating needs!

Sent on 08/02/2018

Kara · Married on 06/01/2018

I don’t even know where to start with Amanda. She was born to be a Wedding Planner. The first day I met her, I knew I wanted to plan our wedding with her. She has this calming presence about her that every bride needs around them during the chaos of Wedding Planning. I was not the type of bride that knew exactly what she wanted and had a vision of how she wanted the day to go, so when we started working together and she asked me what look I was going for, I had a hard time articulating it. I have no idea how she did it, but Amanda took the mess of words and pictures I gave her and made my discombobulated vision come to life. Actually, she made it even better than I had envisioned it. Amanda has built a great reputation in the industry and has relationships with vendors that are just as amazing as she is. 90% of the vendors that we selected were recommended by Amanda and I am so thankful for each and every one of them. They were amazing to work with and I knew if she recommended them that they were the best choice. I highly recommend using her for the full package. She is worth every single penny and more. Her attention to detail is impeccable and her knowledge of the wedding industry is extremely valuable. Thank you Amanda for making our wedding a day I will never forget!

Sent on 10/05/2018

Lea · Married on 05/27/2018

Amanda was everything we needed for our wedding day coordination and more. She was recommended to us by a friend in the wedding industry and I am so glad she did. From beginning to end, Amanda was there to answer any question we had and anticipated things we didn’t even think to ask. Example of miracle work: about two hours before our ceremony, it was discovered that our suit company sent the best man the wrong suit. I don’t know how she did it, but since she had all of her ducks in a row at the venue, she was able to drive all over town and return with the right suit for the best man, saving the day. Although we mainly used Amanda Blair by Design for coordination services, she has an amazing eye for design and can meet your wedding planning/design needs as well! Thank you so much, Amanda!!

Sent on 06/11/2018

Natalie · Married on 05/19/2018

Amanda was absolutely wonderful!! We couldn't have asked for a more helpful coordinator. She was great throughout the entire process, from our initial meeting to sending us off at the end of the night. Amanda's simple, elegant style mirrored exactly what we were looking for our big day, and it truly turned out perfectly. We opted for the coordination + styling package, and I'm so glad we did - it was so nice to have her opinion and direction for the overall look for the day. Perhaps her most valuable role in our wedding, though, was how she handled the weather. The week of, the forecast was calling for rain all weekend long, and Amanda made sure we were as prepared as physically possible for it. She gave recommendations but was never too pushy, and though it did ultimately end up raining for basically the entire day, her suggested course of action worked out even better than I could have hoped! What was most helpful is that she was totally realistic and calm, even when both of us were kind of freaking out. We ended up loving our "Plan B" ceremony, especially her suggestion of the florals on the lattice - genius! Amanda and her team are truly just amazing at what they do, and worth absolutely every penny. We could not recommend her more highly!

Sent on 08/17/2018
    Amanda Blair by Design 19
    Amanda Blair by Design 20
    Amanda Blair by Design 21
    Amanda Blair by Design 22
    Amanda Blair by Design 23
    Amanda Blair by Design 24

Lauren · Married on 04/14/2018

Amanda was hands down the best decision we made throughout the planning process! She is worth her weight in gold and more. Originally my mom and I thought that we could do it on our own. After all, how hard can it be to tell people how to walk down an aisle and stick to a schedule?! We picked out our vendors, had design ideas and thought we had it under control. Boy am I glad we had Amanda in the several months leading up to the wedding!

We hired Amanda for day of coordination + design, but she is so much more than that! She is organized, a calm voice in stressful times and has an incredible eye for design. I have the ability to look at something and know if I think it is beautiful or not. However, when it comes to creating and styling it on my own, I am completely grabbing at straws. At our rental meeting, Amanda knew exactly how to put what was in my brain into action. I may be completely biased, but my wedding was the most beautiful that I have ever attended and I have Amanda to thank for that!

Amanda is extremely organized and thorough. She was able to spot problems in our rental/catering order that my mom and I would have completely overlooked. She is also extremely responsive to emails, texts and all of my random questions!

Two days before my wedding, a drunk driver ran into the wall of the room in my venue where cocktail hour would be hosted. With a hole in the wall, bricks & dust all over the floor and tears in my eyes, Amanda assured me that everything was going to work out - that my wedding was still going to be extremely beautiful. And it was! Everything was handled. It is now just a story that we can look back and laugh about.

I can't thank Amanda Blair by Design enough for making my wedding the best day of my life. I would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 04/17/2018

Sarah · Married on 03/30/2018

Amanda really did a great job start to finish. She was quick to respond to all forms of communication. She never dropped the ball and always followed through. She’s the kind of person you want helping you with the details of your wedding. No question went unanswered. I truly can’t imagine not having had her there the day of, taking care of all the tedious details. I fired my first planner due to lack of communication and follow-through; Amanda was everything I expected and wanted from a wedding planner. You can’t go wrong with Amanda Blair by Design.

Sent on 04/28/2018

Virginia · Married on 01/13/2018

Amanda and her team were absolutely wonderful to work with. So helpful, friendly, encouraging, and professional. I would recommend her to anyone! I don't have great attention to detail or strong design opinions- I know what looks good but it's not always obvious to me how to put the pieces together. ABBD took my vague descriptions of what I liked and just rolled with it- and it was truly perfect. I had so much fun at my wedding reception, and ABBD deserves a lot of thanks for that. I didn't have to worry about any of the logistics or behind the scenes details that make an event a success- they had it covered from start to end! ABBD also went above and beyond- picking up some things for my reception that I forgot on the day of and returning some of my decor the day after so I could relax with my family and friends- both were a HUGE help! Thank you thank you, ABBD!

Sent on 01/23/2018
  • Grace

Grace · Married on 01/13/2018

I cannot say more good things about Amanda! My mom and I decided to hire her after she heard good reviews from other vendors and after I coincidentally met one of her former interns/helpers. We used Amanda's partial planning and styling services and day-of coordination, as my mom and I had already hired many of our vendors by that time. We did start with her a little later than I would have liked (August 2017 for a January 2018 wedding), but she made us feel so at ease with the rest of the planning. Amanda made a couple of mood boards after we had discussions on how my husband and I wanted our wedding. She made so many great recommendations without overtaking the planning process. Amanda offered so many ideas that I would never have thought of. She has an impressive amount of knowledge of the wedding industry and local vendors which was one of the best parts of the process. She was connected to all the right people for our big day and made it a breeze.

One of the best parts of our time with Amanda was her understanding of tough family situations. Inevitably, there is always something that goes wrong during the planning process of weddings and I had a pretty big one with a family member and my husband and I were unsure if we even wanted to have a wedding ceremony at the venue due to that. We were thinking of going to the courthouse to get married but Amanda gave us several ideas and made us feel as at ease as possible.

Also, not in her job description but I am so thankful for it, Amanda unzipped me during a break from the reception so that I could breathe for a few! Those few minutes allowed me to enjoy the rest of the evening so much more, seriously! We just sat upstairs in the bridal suite and chatted for a few minutes away from the hubbub.

The whole day was just so perfect, and I owe that almost entirely to Amanda. She is worth her weight in gold!

Sent on 02/26/2018

Elise · Married on 12/22/2017

Absolutely incredible! Amanda is the sweetest and she will make your vision come to life. I planned my wedding in 2 months and I hired her as my wedding coordinating and the day of styling. I met her the week before my wedding but in the 2 months leading up to it, she was there for every question that I had and her vision was completely perfect for what I wanted. She made my wedding beautiful and come together in a way that I would have never been able to do myself.

Sent on 02/22/2018
  • Ana

Ana · Married on 11/18/2017

Amanda was recommend to me by my venue, and boy am I glad they did! My best friend and I personally planned my whole wedding, but I needed someone for day of coordination. Since I've never planned a wedding before I was lost on certain things, but Amanda did such a great job taking all my ideas and helping me put them together. Anytime I had questions or concerns about ANYTHING she was literally a call,text or email away. I loved the fact she replied to me so quickly, when your planning a wedding and have questions a day can seem like weeks, so that fact that I got a response within hours(if not sooner) was amazing. I can't thank her enough for making my wedding day go by so smooth, she literally took care of everything for me. I would definitely recommend to her anyone that's looking for a day of coordinator, heck I would recommend her to someone that's looking for wedding planner for their entire wedding. She was so helpful to me as a day coordinator I can only imagine her planning your whole wedding!
    Being that we went with an outside wedding in November, the weather was stressing me out has the day got closer. But Amanda was always there reassuring me that everything would be ok, her positive texts and vibes the days leading to the wedding were the best! I seriously can't thank her enough for all her work and time, Amanda work ethic is truly the BEST!

Sent on 12/04/2017
    Amanda Blair by Design 25

Amanda Blair by Design's reply:

Ana, thank you so much for your kind words! It was an absolute pleasure to work with you, Jairo, Noielle, and your wonderful vendor team! Stay in touch!

Suzanne · Married on 11/04/2017

Amanda was so incredible to work with! After our wedding was over, I found myself looking for reasons to try work with her again! Amanda has a clear point of view but was able to take exactly what we wanted for our wedding and make it more beautiful and perfect than we could have imagined. She keeps it real, which is something we really appreciated throughout the wedding planning process. She knows where it's worth spending the money and where we could scale back. Every little detail was so intentionally planned, and we could not have been in better hands. On top of all of that, she is a joy to be around. You'll want to schedule meetings with her just to hang out! I highly recommend her full planning services!

Sent on 12/19/2017

Lauren · Married on 10/28/2017

Hiring Amanda to be our day-of wedding coordinator was the absolute best decision I made throughout my wedding planning process. She is incredible! Amanda was so attentive and approachable. In stressful times, all I had to do was reach out to Amanda, who always made me feel so at ease. She is extremely organized, professional, genuine, friendly, and fun. Amanda executed my vision perfectly, and exceeded all expectations. I could go on and on about Amanda, and would definitely recommend her.

Sent on 12/15/2017

Chandler · Married on 09/23/2017

From our very first phone call to the very end of our wedding evening, Amanda and her team went ABOVE and BEYOND! We were so pleased with how organized she was, how quickly she responded to questions and how often and consistently she made herself available to us. I used to work in the business of planning weddings myself and Amanda exceeded all of my expectations! She was so thoughtful, kind, and generous throughout the entire planning process, even on days when my anxiety was a little high from the stresses of wedding planning. On the day of our wedding, she was calm, composed, and got everything done in a way that amazed my husband and I. We had hired her for day of coordinating and creative styling and let me tell you she is worth her weight in gold and more. Our wedding day was the most magical, perfect day of our lives. Throughout the process she was always making wonderful suggestions for me and was always open and honest about telling me what would look best for the look and feel I was going for... everything down to the detail of the floral decor on the front sconces! I can't speak her praises enough! Thank you to Amanda and her team for helping to plan, execute, and assist with one of the most important days of our life! I say this SO genuinely, she is best wedding planner in the Triangle Area, her taste is impeccable and her kind, gentle nature makes for the perfect wedding planner package!

Sent on 10/11/2017
    Amanda Blair by Design 26

Karlie · Married on 06/24/2017

Amanda was everything we could have wished for and more through our wedding planning process! She was so attentive to every detail and helped us make the perfect decisions for our special day. From setting the tables to to running out for last minute Prosecco when we were running low....Amanda took it upon herself to make sure everything was PERFECT! Any bride looking for a wedding companion with an impeccable eye--Amanda is definitely the right choice to make your day exactly how you envision!

Sent on 07/06/2017

Nicole · Married on 06/17/2017

Ditto what Karlie said! Amanda was absolutely amazing to work with, and I can’t thank her enough. She truly went above and beyond to make our wedding vision come to life...from many 2+ hour phone chats or meetings about the small details, to always being there when I had a random silly question, I’m beyond grateful to have met her. Amanda is more than a planner - she felt like a friend throughout the entire process. I turned to Amanda for so much, and she always gave me peace of mind that everything would turn out beautifully! And it did!! :) Any bride would be lucky to work with her!

Sent on 07/10/2017

Lauren · Married on 06/10/2017

Amanda was one of the best decisions that I made throughout the wedding planning process. From the day that we met until everything was packaged leaving the venue she was a true pleasure to work with and SO helpful. She was the calm in the storm and we could not have done it without her!

Sent on 06/21/2017

Amanda Blair by Design's reply:

Thank you so much for your review Lauren!! I enjoyed meeting and working with your family to create a beautiful and stress free day! Congratulations and best wishes!!