Alegria by Design Reviews

Alegria by Design 2
Alegria by Design 3

Rob Gillon · Married on 10/27/2018

The Incredible Service of Alegria By Design

Armando has a soothing / calming way about him that initially impressed us, especially in the planning for the wedding of our daughter which did have some inevitable tensions as is normal we suspect. Armando managed beautifully any tension for ALL aspects of the wedding. His vendors all performed to the maximum heights of professionalism and the quality of what was provided for us was incomparable. His style of wedding management fit beautifully with the Belmond El Encanto, Santa Barbara and their staff and he accomplished a FLAWLESS wedding for our family. We cannot thank him enough and we highly, highly recommend his wedding services.

CINDY · Married on 08/15/2018

We couldn't be happier with Armando and his vendors. They were all very professional and wonderful to work with! Very personalized service. We are very appreciative!

Mark · Married on 07/15/2018

Hiring Shauna was the best decision that we made in our wedding planning process. She helped us find other excellent vendors (DJ, Photographer, Celebrant, etc.), coordinated our ceremony and reception with a minute by minute timeline, and ensured that the events ran smoothly. She was detail-oriented, organized, efficient, and friendly. We had our wedding at the Riviera Mansion and Shauna was crucial in ensuring that our big day was perfect. Thank you!

Sara S. · Married on 07/14/2018

Armando is Fantastic

I met with the Alegria team at our venue and didn't even want to meet any other coordinators after that. Armando was a pleasure to work with and was fun to interact with, as he has a lot of personality.

We hired Alegria By Design for event design and month of/day of coordination. This was a tremendous help to us since we live in San Francisco. With Armando's experience, eye for design, and solid vendor relationships, we had a wedding that was like a dream. He is very thorough and is also straight forward with you in providing advice. All the details and timeline were communicated prior to the big day. I must admit that I wasn't even nervous on the day-of because I knew we were in good hands. I have had several guests comment saying that the flow of the wedding was seamless, and I completely agree. Armando was very professional and I highly recommend him.

Emily · Married on 06/08/2018

Shauna was an absolute dream to work with! The wedding planning process was a little harder for me than I thought it would be but I had Shauna to save the day. She is has such a calm about her that makes everything easy. The day of our wedding was a breeze because she was on top of everything. I truly believe our wedding would have not been as spectacular as it was without Shauna!!

David · Married on 04/27/2018

Cannot say enough about the service provided by Alegria by Design in Planning and supervising Our Daughters Wedding
    Shauna and her staff were truly professional and were attentive to every detail. Her interaction with the vendors was exceptional and truly made our event magical.

Kelly · Married on 10/21/2017

Armando was amazing to work with. He was very accommodating, professional, and was always able to give us ideas to work around potential issues we had. Our guests raved about how the day went so smoothly and how beautiful everything was. The entire day was so well organized. He put together the wedding of our dreams.

Alegria by Design 4
    Alegria by Design 5
    Alegria by Design 6

Gloria · Married on 10/14/2017

My daughter had a most memorable wedding at the ritz Carlton- Bacara resort. Armando was very instrumental in helping us secure vendors and guide us through the whole wedding process. He made sure we were always on track and on the same page. He guided us from the beginning to the day of the wedding.

Kayla · Married on 10/08/2017

Shauna was a dream come true to work with! All of the details for my wedding really started to come together once I booked her and her team. She referred the BEST wedding vendors for Kyle and I and worked tirelessly to ensure our wedding day was perfect in every way. She was timely, detailed and most importantly, she cared for me and my family during the whole process. I will absolutely recommend Alegria by Design to anyone planning a wedding in Santa Barbara! Thank you, Shauna! I truly love and respect you for your hard work and dedication to us!

Stacey · Married on 09/30/2017

Shauna was our month-of planner for our wedding at Firestone Vineyard a week ago. She was the best money we spent on our wedding -- hands down. Our venue required us to book a planner, and I'm so grateful they did; it made ALL the difference.

Shauna identified little details and gaps that we would never have thought of -- things like who was responsible for getting the ice for white wine and beer, and making sure we had umbrellas ordered for ceremony musicians. She was quick to hop on calls when needed, and incredibly responsive with my millions of questions leading up to the wedding.

She was incredibly helpful in recommending vendors that matched our style and budget in the lead-up to our wedding month, had an extremely detailed day-of timeline to us before our month even kicked off, and was a complete godsend day-of. I didn't have to lift a finger on my wedding day thanks to Shauna and her assistant Giani handling all of the logistics -- from making sure our vendors knew where to be and when, to ensuring setup looked like it should, to keeping our emcee on track and getting our marriage license filled out correctly. She even made time to hop on a call with a vendor after the wedding to discuss some hiccups we had.

I had people coming up to me throughout the wedding saying Shauna was amazing. My biggest piece of wedding planning advice is to get a planner -- and if you're in the SB area, GET SHAUNA!

Christina · Married on 08/26/2017

We found Armando through a preferred vendor list from our venue. He has a few packages to choose from and we ended up choosing the Dream Planning package which included event design, vendor referrals, in person meetings, month of, and day of coordination, etc. Let me preface this by saying that I'm a corporate event planner by trade so I came in with a fairly high bar for hiring a local event planner. From the beginning I knew Armando was our guy - he was quick to understand what our wedding vision was and he gave us a full proposal including ceremony vision, attire for our bridal party, florals, linens, furniture, dance floor, etc! He connected us with local vendors, exchanged countless emails/texts/and phone calls and he made sure every detail and question I had was answered. He also helped us put together a day of agenda and helped us organize our seating assignments. By the time the actual wedding rolled around, I was completely at ease and I completely trusted Armando and his team to execute and make any executive decisions that needed to be made. I was able to enjoy the day with my husband, family, and friends and didn't need to think even once about any of the wedding details. Highly recommended!

Elizabeth · Married on 08/23/2017

We received an outstanding service from Algeria By Design. We opted for the month of package. Shauna's knowledge and know how really allowed us to relax in the final lead up to the wedding. She coordinated with all our vendors and the hotel seamlessly and we were very happy with her attention to detail and hands on help every step of the way. Thanks Shauna - you were fantastic!

Melinda · Married on 06/24/2017

Shauna at Alegria did a phenomenal job with our wedding. I knew after our first phone consultation she was the planner for us! She was professional, relaxed and always thinking one step ahead - she brought details to our attention we never would have thought of (i.e. how to make sure we had speakers at our garden ceremony, etc) - and a lot of things experienced planners know not to overlook. We hired her for month-of planning services with a basic design package, but she was there from the beginning helping us line up all of our vendors and offering design guidance. She is from Santa Barbara and has worked with almost everyone in the area. Having a planner with great relationships with our vendors helped make our planning process and the day flow very smoothly! Everyone loves working with her! She even helped take some of the final little details off my hands the last week when I think she realized I was getting overwhelmed, which I seriously appreciated. On the day-of she was busy ensuring everything was just right behind the scenes. I had so many guests tell me this was one of the best planned, most efficiently run weddings they had been to in a LONG time! It was amazing to see everything come together the day-of - it was perfect!! I would recommend Shauna to any of my friends thinking of planning a wedding in Santa Barbara! She kept us on schedule and as stress free as possible so we could really enjoy every moment!

Morgan · Married on 10/08/2016

I could not recommend Armando of Alegria by Design enough to any bride looking for a wedding planner and or designer. He was truly amazing to work with. I am not the type to write reviews, and in fact never have before for anything or anyone, but felt I must, so that future couples would not miss out on the opportunity to have such a wonderful person on their team and in their corner on the most important day of their lives. He would be an asset to anyone who needs help coordinating their wedding and bringing their vision to life. He helped to find great vendors for everything from invites to florals to rentals to escort cards to lighting and the list goes on. Armando coordinated all of my vendors into a flawless wedding day where nothing went wrong and no detail was missed. Because of him I got to enjoy my day and didn't have to think about a thing! Furthermore, Armando created a breathtaking, magical and beautiful design for the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. Personally, he kept me from meltdowns, was fun, responded to emails within minutes, really listened to me and understood me and who I was and who I was trying to become, all while getting my vision for my wedding just perfect. He took my words and inspiration photos and created the wedding of my dreams all while staying on budget. In him you will find a friend and confidant and someone who can execute your event with precision and perfection. I could not recommend someone more to anyone who wants to have a flawless wedding experience.

Joanne · Married on 08/13/2016

Our family and friends cannot express enough how amazing Shauna was in helping plan our daughters wedding. From the first meeting to the last detail, it was one of the most beautiful and fun nights of our lives. We used all the vendors that were recommended to us by Allegria, and each and every one did their job to perfection. We were able to sit back and enjoy every moment of this extraordinary day.

Kelsey · Married on 08/13/2016

We had a FANTASTIC experience working with Shauna and the Alegria team for our wedding. They ensured that everything before, during, and after the wedding--the food, the layout, the vendors, the details the day of--were to our liking, and we could not be happier with how our wedding turned out! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Celeste · Married on 07/03/2016

Shauna was THE BEST. I’d highly recommend for her for any wedding or special event. She’s easy to work with, incredibly organized, prepared, personable, and went above and beyond to make my day memorable and stress-free. I can’t rave about her enough!

Chelsi · Married on 05/09/2016

I can't even begin to express how grateful we are that we had Armando for our wedding/event planner!
    From the moment I first got into contact with him, he said and did all the right things to put my mind at ease!
    When my husband and I first decided to elope to california we were beyond excited, however the task of planning it all the way from Canada seemed extremely daunting.... Until Armando!
    He went through absolutely every thing with me, we worked out a budget together, that I thought was very reasonable. He also kept me in the loop at all times, whether it was sending me a budget spreadsheet from vision boards and ideas.
    All the vendors he recommended were so talented, easy to work with, and so flexible.
    When the day of our wedding finally arrived i was blown out of the water. Even though I had already seen and gone through all the design plans with Armando seeing it in person was so much more the I could have ever asked for. Armando went above and beyond with everything, the place was picture perfect and there were so many personal touches incorporated. The day ran so smoothly and Armando was there for it all, whether it was fixing my hair for pictures or making my family laugh at dinner.

Our day was Beyond perfect and I wish every bride could be as lucky as me. I felt incredibly lucky to have had such a stress free day and not have to worry about a single thing. It made it so much easier to focus on all the wonderful things and let us create memories we will always cherish.

Sharon and Glen · Married on 10/18/2015

We highly recommend Armando and Alegria By Design to be anyone's wedding planner. Armando was awesome. We had our wedding reception in our backyard, and his ideas totally transformed the space into a gorgeous and magical venue. He took the time to get to know us and what our thoughts and ideas were, and then matched us with the best caterer, photographer, florist, lighting people, rental company and sound company for our needs. We loved everyone and it was an incredible wedding and reception. He was easy to work with and flexible with all of our last minute changes. We couldn't give a better recommendation for anyone!

Brenda · Married on 10/10/2015

I've known Armando for years from living in Santa Barbara and when it came down to planning my wedding he was the only person I could think of hiring to help keep me organized and help my fiance and I plan our special day. Armando's extraordinary attention to detail, knowledge of the wedding industry, flawless design and style expertise and overall professionalism makes him an excellent choice for wedding planning services. We hired Armando mostly of Day of Coordination for our October 10th wedding however he was always available for questions and offered a lot of guidance along the way whenever we needed something. He made time to meet with us on more than one occasion to talk about the wedding, help us come up with ideas and understand what was important to us about the wedding so he could execute our vision. On the wedding day I didn't have to worry about anything! He was there earlier than expected to start setting things up, meet with the venue staff and other vendors to make sure everything was going as planned on running on time. He checked in on me and my wedding party to keep us informed on what was going on as guests started to arrive and to make sure I was ok and to see if I needed anything and be there to calm my nerves. He is very professional and personable and we were very happy with the services we received. We highly recommend Armando from Alegria by Design for your wedding needs!

Blair · Married on 08/01/2015

If you are getting married in Santa Barbara, Armando Martinez and Alegria by Design are the ONLY option for your wedding planner! We live in Texas and were referred to Armando by Bacara (where we got married). He was professional, talented, punctual, fun and overall AWESOME!!! He made the whole process seamless from beginning to end. He went above and beyond to make our wedding the most fun and beautiful weekend of our life!!! He totally got me! He gave guidance in areas I knew nothing about and supported my overall vision. Planning a destination wedding can be very stressful, but I never worried knowing Armando was in my corner. He made me feel like I was the only wedding he was planning over the course of our engagement, while he had other weddings and events almost every weekend. He has mastered the art of wedding planning! We love you Armando and Alegria!!!

Alby · Married on 07/11/2015

Armando was magic! We recently got married 08/29 at Bacara Resort and Armando (along with Shauna) were an integral part of our dream wedding! Armando was a pleasure to work with along the whole process and offered so much advice that was truly KEY in executing our vision. Armando worked well with us and was a true professional. He is very well known in Santa Barbara and it was always reassuring to hear that he was great to work with! His recommendations and sage advice kept us in line and on target with what we wanted. We were very particular about A LOT of aspects of the wedding and he really was amazing at negotiating and compromising with our goals in mind. Shauna and Armando really were very organized and on-point come wedding day! We couldn't have asked for a better experience! Thanks!

Plus, Armando can get down on the dance floor! ;)

Linda · Married on 05/16/2015

Shauna at Alegria By Design was the coordinator for my daughter's wedding and reception at Firestone Vineyard in Los Olivos - her work was incredible! Her professionalism, organizational skills, attention to detail, knowledge of the venue, and timely communication with both the family and the vendors kept everything running smoothly and allowed us to relax and enjoy the celebration with our guests. Shauna's supervision of the set-up for both the ceremony and reception ensured that everything looked spectacular - and she continued working hard throughout the evening to make sure everything was in order at the end, as well! The event was a complete success!

Alexandra · Married on 04/25/2015

Shauna is amazing! From the moment we hired her as our month-of-coordinator, she was fantastic with vendor recommendations and logistical suggestions as we planned our wedding from out-of-town. Then, the month before the wedding, just as we were starting to get really overwhelmed with all the little details, she took over all of the logistics and provided support we didn't even know we needed. It is due to Shauna (and her awesome assistant) that we were so incredibly relaxed at our wedding, and able to completely enjoy every moment of it without worrying about anything at all. I know several little minor crises came up, and I don't even remember what they were because they were handled before I had to think about them! I would (and will) recommend her and Alegria to anyone getting married in the Central Coast area!!!

• O

ofelia · Married on 11/01/2014

Armando was just absolutley amazing. Always easy to contact and quick on responding. He made sure my Weding was just what we dreamed of and more.