Aldrich House Reviews

1 User photo

• Alan

Alan Freudeman · Getting married on 12/08/2020

What a a great choice!

Simply wonderful. The Aldrich house is beautiful, affordable, and the team there is absolutely wonderful to work with. We had a fairly non-traditional wedding, and they were so flexible and helpful.

Sent on 10/22/2019
  • Nishi

Nishi · Married on 08/17/2019

Beautiful venue space

I'm so glad we chose Aldrich House for our venue. It's a beautiful site with tons of character. The space is flexible, with options for indoor or outdoor...we ended up doing the ceremony outside, but I was glad to have the ballroom in case of rain. Our guests (almost all from our of town) loved exploring the historic house and the grounds. The surrounding neighborhood was beautiful for photos. Only tricky thing is the bathrooms...there's only 2, which was fine for our 75-person event but maybe tough for a larger crowd.

Sent on 11/11/2019

Tessa · Married on 10/13/2018

Amazing wedding venue

By far the best value in Rhode Island. Our wedding was classy and elegant. We had the ceremony outside in the backyard, cocktails in the ballroom, dinner in a tent and dancing back in the ballroom. Renata was so easy to work with and everything was a dream. If we could get married again, we would do it at Aldrich House in a heartbeat.

Sent on 10/20/2018

Leslie · Married on 09/22/2018

The venue speaks for itself- romantic, whimsical, garden-y, elegant but NOT stuffy! I had ceremony in garden, cocktail hour in ballroom and dinner in tent outside. There is also huge wall painting of old historical Providence from early 1900s to give it the historical touch. The place was so beautiful on its own - that i needed minimal decor- just flowers.
    The event coordinator was a great lady. She was very flexible ( I visited the place several times to show to my fiance, photographer, friends etc). She got back to me via email always within 24 hours answering all of my bridal weird/panicky questions that I had and not so weird questions. She steered me towards helpful vendors that they also partnered with so that it made the whole process less daunting. She was reliable, good spirited and made herself very available. Something I did not know I would come to really appreciate, because there are wedding people out there that weren't! I loved this place, was such a gem situated right in surrounding cobble street neighborhood of east side Providence. Thank you Aldrich house, you guys were dope!

Sent on 08/02/2018

Magdalene · Married on 10/08/2017

Our wedding at the Nelson Aldrich house was perfect. We had 80 guests and the room we got married in provided a big yet intimate feel. The grounds are beautiful and allowed us plenty of outdoor photo ops. The staff were accommodating and incredibly helpful and responsive. I am very happy to have gotten married at the Rhode Island Historical Society HQ, it made our day that much more special to us RI natives.

Sent on 12/27/2017

Ann · Married on 08/26/2017

My daughter's wedding was held at Aldrich House on August 26. I would HIGHLY recommend Aldrich House. Renada was extremely helpful in not only booking the property but quickly responded to any questions we had at all about the venue. They had a large room that could be locked for the wedding party's personal items or to change. The ballroom was beautiful with French doors that were open during the cocktail hour and reception to the outdoors with our tent about 10 feet outside of the french doors. The weather was great so most of the cocktail party took place on the outside lawns surrounding the tent although some of the guests were visiting in the ballroom or the small landing steps above the ballroom which was set up for gifts and appetizers. (There were also passed apps). The ballroom fits 80 people so we had two tables of 10 seated outside the french doors about 6 feet from the other guest tables since the French doors were open. (They loved it since they could enjoy the outdoors, the band (which was in the tent near them) and still be steps away from the other guests.) In inclement weather these tables could have been in the area where we had gifts and appetizers. We chose to put the band and dancing in the tent which was a huge success since people danced all evening and the bar was outside near the tent. (One suggestion would be to have water and even flavored seltzers) placed on a hightop for guests to serve themselves so they wouldn't have to go to the bar for it (even though next to the tent) but could quickly help themselves especially since dancing). Many weddings that are larger than ours seat people outdoors in the tent or in the yard outside and have dancing in the ballroom esp if they have a DJ. We put the band outside because it would have limited the area for dancing in the ballroom since it was a fairly large band vs a DJ. I'd definitely give Aldrich House a 5 out of a 5. The wedding was perfect. Music must stop by 10:30pm though.

Sent on 09/07/2017

Caroline · Married on 08/26/2017

Aldrich House was the PERFECT venue for our wedding. People told us the entire event was "magical". Renata (who manages Aldrich House) was extremely helpful with both my mother and I offering suggestions and hints to help make the planning easy. She recommended several caterers who were familiar with Aldrich House, which also made it easy to plan our wedding (since I was in Boston and then DC) until a week before the wedding. We had 87 people at the event and we fit perfectly. We chose to have the band and dancing outside in a tent with a dance floor. For a larger wedding, eating outside could accommodate a much larger number of guests either in a tent or outside under the stars with mini lights overhead (and reserve a tent in case of inclement weather). Dancing could be inside especially if a DJ (uses less space). The ballroom and venue is air conditioned and they leave the large french doors open to the outside the entire time so the music easily flowed into the ballroom (or vice versa). The ballroom itself seats 80 people if you choose to eat inside but we also put some tables steps outside the ballroom towards the tent. (The guests at the two tables outside loved being close to the band and having their own space to be as loud as they wanted during dinner!) Everyone congregated outside around the grounds for the cocktail hour for the most part since the bar was outside and then again after eating was outside where the dancing was for toasts and the cake cutting. Music does have to stop at 10:30pm since in Providence but that was our only restriction. We used Pranzi for the caterer since they do everything (coordination, rentals, tent) and work often (among others) with Aldrich House. Our regular florist, Claudia, at East Side Market was wonderful with the flowers. We had such a wonderful experience and wish to thank Renata and Aldrich House for making the planning and execution of our wedding so easy yet wonderful!

Sent on 09/23/2017

Christie · Married on 08/05/2017

We had our wedding reception at Aldrich House on August 5, 2017 and it was great! Renata was extremely helpful and responsive, and she put us at ease. She is a total pro and recommended vendors who knew the space well. The Aldrich House security staff was professional and helpful. The layout worked very well -- after dinner, the tent on the lawn turned into an all-out dance party, while guests who preferred not to dance were able to go back inside the house (into the beautiful ballroom) for coffee and quiet conversation. We loved that the venue has historic value and many of our guests commented on the unique setting. Would absolutely recommend to anyone looking for a fun and functional venue with a great staff!

Sent on 08/23/2017

Lisa · Married on 06/17/2017

I cannot say enough about the awesome event that we had at the Aldrich House. Because of the beautiful day, we were able to have the reception hour for my daughter's bridal shower outside, and the grounds are just lovely for lingering around over a cocktail and, most especially, for pictures. My guests were very impressed with the beautiful historical oil-on-canvas theatre screen depicting the City of Providence which spans the wall in the ballroom. The floor-to-ceiling French doors were flung open to the sunlight so that everyone could just flow into and out of the ballroom. Renata worked the event that day and could not have been more helpful or accommodating; she just pitched right in to help and made sure that everything went off without a hitch. I would highly recommend The Aldrich House to anyone planning their event!

Sent on 05/24/2017

Ruth · Married on 06/03/2017

The Aldrich house was a beautiful, unique venue for my daughter's wedding reception on June 3. It was the perfect blend of elegance and charm. The gardens were lush and in full bloom. Renata was very accommodating and a pleasure to work with. The staff that was there on the evening of the reception was also wonderful. They were available to us for anything we needed the whole evening and even helped with cleanup at the end of the night.

Sent on 06/14/2017

E · Married on 10/08/2016

We loved this venue for our wedding. We had 80 guests and it was the perfect size. Renata was so easy to work with - very accommodating and quick to reply to inquiries. The night of the wedding there were a few other staff members present on behalf of the Aldrich House and they too were very kind and friendly. It is a beautiful historic space and provided the atmosphere we were looking for - no need for additional "decorations".

Sent on 10/21/2016

Catherine · Married on 09/04/2016

Venue: Beautiful house, both inside and outside. Could not go wrong with either an indoor or outdoor ceremony. Separate bride and groom rooms that are equally beautiful and perfect for getting-ready photos.
    Location: Quiet neighborhood, just east of Brown University, ample street parking for guests
    Details: Renata was fantastic from the very beginning--easily reachable via phone or email. Flexible with any ideas about the ceremony or pictures afterwards. Fantastic in-house staffing was provided on the day of the event, who seamlessly took on the role of a ceremony coordinator based on their experiences with multiple prior weddings!

Sent on 09/07/2016

Michaela · Married on 08/26/2016

This is a true hidden gem on the East Side of Providence that combines vintage, cozy, elegant, and a city/artsy vibe. I feel like you could dress this place up any way you wanted to. I absolutely loved the historical touches all through out the house so I felt like I needed minimal decorations for my wedding to look absolutely stunning. Renata is a dream to work with. She responds so quickly to all my messages and E-mails, made sure everything flowed seamlessly for the rehearsal and the day of the wedding, and exudes so much calm and kindness that I was completely relaxed the day of my wedding knowing everything was good to go. I love the flexibility the venue offers as well. We only needed it for our ceremony and pictures afterward, so we were charged by the hour which is so difficult to find! There are many photo opportunities both inside and outside the house that will give you and your photographer a ton of variety. Please check this place out-you will not regret it!!

Sent on 09/08/2016

E · Married on 06/18/2016

This is the perfect venue for a classy summer wedding! The grounds and house are beautiful, there's so much room for personalization. From the start, everything was perfect! Renata was fantastic to work with, answering all of our questions and meeting with us a few times to make sure that everything was in order. The staff at the house both before and during our wedding could not have been nicer. The porch and staircase make for beautiful photographs and the lawn is great for cocktail hour under a tent. Everything was wonderful!

Sent on 06/24/2016

Lilly · Married on 10/24/2015

The Aldrich House is a wonderful venue! The house and grounds are beautifully maintained and therefore require very little additional decorating. The ballroom boasts a fantastic mural of Providence which provided a stunning backdrop for our reception. Our wedding was in late October and we chose to have the ceremony outside among the brightly colored foliage. The charm of the house and grounds made for wonderful photographs as well.

Working with the staff at Aldrich House was a dream. Renata, the rental manager, was so sweet and collaborative. She let us know right away what kinds of things we couldn't do (such as no open flames or exploring the second floor of the house) and she was very open to the ideas we had. She was very accessible any time I had a question, and made it quite clear she wanted to make sure our wedding was everything we dreamed it would be. On the day of our wedding, they provided security staff (to make sure there was no damage to the historical home) who also worked hard to make sure everything was going well and we had what we needed.

This venue was the perfect location for our small wedding (65-70 guests), but they can accommodate larger weddings (up to 200, I think) by using a tent in the yard. They offer use of their tables/chairs and will set these up for you. As for decorating and event coordination, you will have to look elsewhere. However, I found it especially helpful that I was able to drop off and set up some of the decorations the day before.

I would not change a single thing about our wedding and highly recommend the Aldrich House to others. It is truly a hidden gem!

Sent on 12/31/2015

Rachel · Married on 09/05/2015

The Aldrich House was the perfect place for us! It was historic and beautiful, but the big outdoor space gave us the flexibility to make the sort of wedding we wanted.

Sent on 09/28/2015

Aldrich House was a wonderful venue to work with. Renata was very kind, responded to emails right away, and paid attention to all the details. At every step it was reassuring to have Renata on the other end of the phone line (we planned our wedding from afar). Renata was also great at communicating with our caterer and the folks who showed up to help us set up the day before. We had our ceremony and reception outdoors, with a garden-party feel, but the space would also work very well for a more formal style. I would recommend the Aldrich House in a heartbeat!

Sent on 08/31/2015
  • W

Grace · Married on 04/11/2015

Aldrich House was the perfect venue for our rehearsal dinner. We were planning our rehearsal dinner remotely, and from the beginning the event coordinator Renata Luongo was incredibly responsive and helpful. We found her very easy and pleasant to work with, as did all of our vendors. When we finally saw the venue in person, it far exceeded our expectations in terms of the location, space, and decor. The venue was extremely convenient to get to and had plenty of free street parking. The lovely historical house was the ideal setting for our New England clambake-themed rehearsal dinner, and our guests enjoyed exploring the house and grounds during the cocktail hour. I would recommend Aldrich House without hesitation!

Sent on 04/21/2015

The Aldrich House was just perfect for our wedding of 120 people. We decided to get married in Providence in early March, and found the Aldrich House shortly after that--there really isn't anywhere else with as much East-Side character and beautiful outdoor space. Renata was professional, responsive, and welcomed us back for multiple visits with different family members--she was so accommodating and helpful, a real pleasure to work with. The outdoor ceremony, tented dinner + dancing, and bar in the elegant ballroom all contributed to making exactly the wedding we wanted. We wholeheartedly recommend the Aldrich House!

Sent on 10/15/2014
  • User3920346 · 2+ years ago

Aldrich House was a beautiful experience and wonderful location to take photos/video on our wedding day. We would recommend this location for anyone that is looking to have their wedding photos/video taken indoor and/or outdoor.

Sent on 06/18/2014

Lauren · event on: 05/27/2014

The Aldrich House and Renata Luongo specifically was terrific to work with for our event. We had a very short period of time to plan and they accommodated us without a problem. Renata helped facilitate meetings with the caterer to ensure everyone knew the size of the venue and could plan the layout. On the night of, the comments from our guests were all extremely positive. We would definitely use the Aldrich House again. Thanks, Renata, for helping us plan such a fun, memorable event.

Sent on 06/04/2014

Joanna · Married on 10/12/2013

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at the Aldrich House. The grounds and the interior are both beautiful and were perfect for the simple, elegant, vintage feel we wanted. We had the ceremony outside and did a cocktail style reception, and with 140 guests it was just the right size; any more than that and it would have probably felt crowded. Renata was fantastic, super nice and very easy to work with. She answered every single question we had and responded very promptly to every email and phone call. Highly, highly recommend!

Sent on 10/19/2013

Everything at the Aldrich House was perfect! Renata was fantastic to work with. We would highly recommend this venue to anyone!

Sent on 07/29/2013

Historic and Unique! We used the Aldrich House to take photos; while they offer outdoor and indoor photos, we opted for indoor photos in case of rain. As it turned out, it did not rain, but we were happy to have an indoor venue with AC. Unlike several other venues we looked into, the fee was very affordable. We corresponded with Renata Luongo and met with her. She responded immediately and emailed once our wedding date was approaching. She was sure to have security available to open the doors and stay until we were done. The Aldrich House has character, and the ballroom is beautiful! We have viewed some of our photos, and they look great. We cannot wait to see the rest!

Sent on 07/31/2013

We couldn't have asked for a better venue. The staff was incredibly accommodating and professional. We highly encourage others to consider the Aldrich House for their special day. Fantastic!

Sent on 07/03/2013