Abe & Jake's Landing Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner
WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Ellen M. Sent on 12/16/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Wonderful Place to host a reception

Abe and jakes is a great place to host a wedding or event. The staff and owner went above and beyond to make sure our daughters wedding went perfectly. They are friendly and experienced and made sure every detail was taken care of.
    Jenny Sent on 05/05/2022

Excellent!

Abe and Jake’s was a beautiful venue for my son and daughter-in-law’s wedding. Kiley was incredibly knowledgeable, kind, and professional; she is excellent at her work. She has such a positive energy that makes everything feel less stressful, and I could tell that she really loves helping people plan their perfect wedding day. Her team was very professional, too, and they all worked so hard to make the wedding a special event!
    Tori H. Sent on 07/31/2020

The most PERFECT venue!

Amazingly beautiful location! Was so perfect for our wedding reception. Kiley, the venue coordinator, is the most kind and accommodating person! We could not have chosen a more perfect place to celebrate our wedding day. Even with the challenges that 2020 has given all couples getting married, Abe & Jake's continued to make our day the best day ever! The feelings and memories we will always have from Abe & Jake's can not be put into words. When I look back on our wedding day I literally get goose bumps and want to re-live every moment. We highly highly recommend using Abe & Jake's, and would re-choose them every time.
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
  • Blair
    Blair J. Sent on 05/26/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Sunning Venue- Staff is even better!

We knew Abe & Jakes would probably be the venue for us because it's the largest in Lawrence, but it's also very unique eclectic style venue that was so fun to see decorated with our vision. The huge ceilings, brick floor, the GORGEOUS bar, and twinkle lights are all so stunning - BUT, what really sealed the deal is how amazing Kiley and her team are to work with. Kiley went above and beyond with anything we asked for and things we didn't even ask for! She made sure my wedding cake was stowed away in the venue fridge so I could pick it up after the weekend, she collected all (and there were lots) of our left behind items from the night and had them all packed and ready for us to go. I got red wine spilled on me during the reception and Kiley was there immediately with club soda and a blotting cloth. She was incredible with helping us set up our bar and we had signature cocktails that were a hit with our guests! Even if you aren't having a large reception I would still check out Abe & Jakes for their staff, service, and the unique style!
    Lindsey Sent on 04/19/2021

Impressively Memorable Venue Space

If you are looking for a wedding venue space that is an ultimate show stopper, Abe and Jake's Landing is it. My husband and I were married back in October 2020 and to this day our guests talk about our wedding venue. To top it off, it's affordable AND has the space to fit a guest count of any size comfortably. The staff is professional, accommodating, and knowledgable. If you're looking for both an indoor and outdoor experience, Abe and Jake's provides that as well with an outdoor sitting area that looks out onto the river. Our guests were able to spend time inside rockin' it on the dance floor, and then step outside to not only cool off, but also socialize in a quieter environment. It was a win-win! Honestly, I would recommend this venue to any of my family members or friends getting married. The atmosphere is laid back enough to where all guests feel comfortable and welcome, but impactful enough that everyone will talk about it for years to come. The word "impressive" will not doubt be used A LOT in reference to your wedding.
    Megan J. Sent on 12/06/2020

October wedding

Kiley was so amazing and helpful though this stressful year of having a wedding durning a pandemic. She went above and beyond to help make sure wedding so special and safe for everyone.
  • Heather
    Heather Sent on 10/07/2020

9.26.2020 wedding

Our wedding day at Abe and Jakes was nothing but beautiful and amazing! It was everything we imagined and hope for our wedding day! Kiley the manager was a pleasure to work with, especially during these times with COVID and she helped make our day happen! Abe and Jakes was the first venue we toured, and we knew immediately this was the venue we would get married at. This venue is absolutely beautiful with lots of character. We would 10/10 recommend this venue!
    Myranda R. Sent on 10/05/2020

We love Abe and Jake's!! :D

We fell in love with this venue the first time we visited and we were definitely not disappointed! Especially in these COVID times with so many restrictions, Abe and Jake's made sure our wedding was fantastic, fun and full of laughter and love. A HUGE shout out to Kiley the manager!! She was the best at communicating and working with us making sure we had everything we wanted for wedding day!! You don't even need to leave the venue for pictures and pre-wedding gitters, Abe and Jake's has awesome bridal and groom suites, bars and balconies and an amazing riverfront view out back, they truly have it all! We did a sparkler send off at the end of the night on the entrance bridge with our guests and it was the perfect ending to the best day ever. Thank you Abe and Jake's family for making our big day the absolute best!!
    Sean C. Sent on 06/16/2020

Beautiful, Relaxed, and Easy

My wife and I just hosted our wedding reception at Abe & Jakes and we’re so happy with how it turned out! The space is beautiful, and Kiley (venue coordinator) took excellent care of us from the moment I reached out about the venue a year ago all the way through our reception. She was very responsive to our questions and accommodated all of our requests with joy! I’m so happy we chose Abe & Jakes for our big day!
  • O
    Olivia S. Sent on 06/06/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Look no further! You found it :)

My husband and I had our wedding reception at Abe & Jake's and we could not have picked a better venue or staff! The venue is STUNNING (we recieved countless compliments) and Kiley, if you don't already know, will soon become your best friend! She was so beyond helpful along every step of the wedding process, patient and quick to respond to emails and phone calls. The whole thing was so effortless and enjoyable, as your wedding/event should be! The venue is so spacious and gorgeous, if you're on the fence about booking or contacting Kiley, DO IT! We also used the bride and groom rooms and they made for amazing pictures and precious moments that we'll remember forever. I am the type of person that has a very specific vision in mind and Kiley and Abe & Jake's BEYOND exceeded my wildest expectations. I dare you to try and take a bad picture in the place or not spend your evening constantly thanking people for complimenting your venue choice :) I cannot say enough amazing things about Abe & Jake's and Kiley, and I promise you you will feel the same way!
  • Kaylie
    Kaylie R. Sent on 08/19/2020

Best Venue Ever!!

Abe and Jake's is the ultimate venue!! I had my wedding there and it was absolutely perfect! Not only is it such a gorgeous and unique space, but the staff there is AMAZING! The event manager Kiley did everything she could to make sure that my wedding day was perfect and even went above and beyond during this crazy COVID world. She made the planning process as smooth as it could be. The event staff was fantastic as well and was always on top of their role.

The space itself is so amazing. It can accommodate a large number of people, has great views, perfect location, and is such a unique atmosphere inside. I would recommend Abe and Jakes to anyone!! I can't thank them enough for giving me the wedding of my dreams!
    Susan C. Sent on 07/15/2019

The perfect venue!

Abe and Jake’s was the perfect place for us to have our ceremony. It was large enough to accommodate our 200 guests, had great photo ops (the stairs, from the balcony, stage, etc), and had enough space for our live band. Kiley was great to work with and made the process super smooth and easy. I am so grateful we got married here!
  • Sarah
    Sarah M. Sent on 08/12/2019

Excellent Wedding Reception Venue

Abe & Jake's went above and beyond to make our wedding reception outstanding. The bar staff went out and got us barbecue sauce when it was discovered that our caterer had forgotten it. Kiley, their wedding planner, was a delight to work with. They made sure to have our favorite beer on tap and even had orange slices to accompany it!
    Lindsay D. Sent on 08/12/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Everything We'd Hoped For!

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at Abe & Jakes on July 6, 2019, and it did not disappoint! I was familiar with the venue and had my heart set on having the wedding there, and I am SO glad we did. Kiley was super helpful during the months leading up to the day of - I had plenty of questions and she was quick to answer them all! She kept my mind at easy through the process and was so nice. I thought the price of everything was really reasonable compared to KC for the amount of space. Everyone was talking about the venue and it had just the effect I was was hoping for! A&Js made everything easy the day of too to accommodate our needs. It was truly a fantastic experience
  • Lindsey
    Lindsey Sent on 11/12/2018

Venue Review

Abe & Jake’s is the perfect place for a wedding ceremony and reception! We had both at the venue and our guests raved about how it was unique and absolutely gorgeous! On top of that you work with the best coordinator, Kiley, and she makes sure your day is absolutely perfect. I cannot say thank you to her and the staff enough for everything they did! I would absolutely recommend Abe & Jake’s to any bride and groom out there planning! It was by far one of the best and easiest decisions we made for our big day!!
    Becca Sent on 11/08/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating

AMAZING Experience! Would recommend to anyone!

I had my ceremony and reception here and everything was amazing! The space is so beautiful that you don’t need to bring in many decorations. Above all, the hospitality is what made Abe and Jake’s the best. Kiley was amazing to work with! She is so kind and so invested in every one of her brides. By the end of the process, I thought of her more as a friend than a coordinator. She has even checked up on me after the wedding to make sure everything went well and to see how I was doing with married life. It was more than just a “congratulations,” she is truly invested in her brides (and grooms). I looked at a few other venues in Lawrence, but the customer service here solidified my decision. I would recommend Abe and Jake’s to anyone who is getting married in Lawrence!
    Alexa Sent on 06/11/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I cannot say enough positive things about our experience with Abe & Jakes! The venue is breathtaking, the price was affordable, the staff were amazing, and the whole process was effortless and easy. Would definitely recommend this venue to all!
    Katie Sent on 02/11/2019

The Most Amazing Experiences

Abe & Jake’s Lansing was amazing. They were very helpful from the beginning! The day of our forever it went as smooth as possible! Thank you to everyone that helped the staff were flawless and really helpful!
    Jennifer Sent on 06/14/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    This building has always interested me since it was a night club. Nothing beats walking in and looking down over that huge room. I couldn’t have picked a more beautiful location. Thank you for everything!
    Lisa Sent on 11/20/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    The staff at Abe & Jake's were wonderful to work with! Kiley responded very quickly to any questions we had and was very accommodating. The space was just perfect for my daughter's wedding reception/dance - had to do very little decorating as the atmosphere was perfect! We received many compliments on the venue! Great place - great staff!
    Sarah Sent on 10/15/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Abe and Jake's was the ABSOLUTE BEST place to have our wedding reception! There were few places in Lawrence that could hold over 300 people with plenty of space to eat, mingle, and dance! Kiley was absolutely incredible-- she was always quick to respond and willing to help out when we needed it! All of our guests were raving about the beauty of the space, and the quality of the staff. We cannot recommend this place enough! Such a wonderful place to celebrate one of our best days ever :)
    Aimee Sent on 09/05/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We had our ceremony and reception at Abe & Jake's Landing and holy cow, it was amazing! The entire process, from first meeting to wedding day was seamless. The venue is spacious and gorgeous enough that you don't have to over do it with decorations. Our favorite part was the large dance floor (of course) and the tall windows overlooking the river (gasp, so pretty!). We took 100% of our photos within the parameters of the venue and they were all Pinterest worthy shots- That was so helpful and timesaving! The staff was outstanding- day-of and during the planning process. We worked with Kiley and God bless her for putting up with us. We asked her so many questions, and she bent over backwards to make sure everything was answered promptly, our parents were happy and the day ran as smoothly as possible! She coordinates with all of the vendors so they know exactly what to do on the wedding day (believe me, you don't want to do be in charge of this). And the price we paid for the quality of service we got was a steal! Bonus, our photographers and videographer LOVED the venue! They said it was an ideal set-up with the natural lighting and tall ceilings. To anyone reading this review, I HIGHLY recommend Abe & Jake's Landing with full confidence that it will not disappoint! Seriously, you can't go wrong with them!
    Jennifer Sent on 07/24/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Abe & Jake's went above and beyond all expectations I had for a wedding venue. We had our short ceremony and reception at Abe & Jake's, and it was a phenomenal, seamless experience. We got constant compliments on the venue from guests throughout the night. Staff at Abe & Jake's is second to none. Kiley, the event coordinator, is extremely responsive and flexible in order to meet all your needs. Amanda, the day-of event manager, worked very well with caterers, DJ, and other staff at the venue to create a wonderful experience for our special day. They also had the best setup for ordering alcohol at the bar: It was so easy to go from open bar to cash bar depending on how much you wanted to spend for your guests, and they have all types of drinks already in-house (well liquor to premium liquor, many different beers on tap) so there wasn't a guessing game on how much alcohol you needed to purchase before the event. One of the best things about this venue is that it's beautiful without spending too much effort or cost on extra decorations. Exposed brick, charming and unique architectural features, and tasteful string lighting throughout make this an amazing space for a wedding. I will forever be raving about our amazing wedding experience with Abe & Jake's, and I'm so happy we chose to host our wedding here!
    Makayla Sent on 07/02/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    LOVE LOVE LOVE this venue! Kiley was very helpful with all the meetings and emails leading up to the event and helping with all things needed. The bar staff the evening of was amazing! It was just an amazing evening and I am so glad I chose to have my wedding at Abe & Jakes! ❤️
    Anna Sent on 06/28/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I literally cannot say enough good things about working with Abe and Jakes! I sent them countless emails, asked so many questions and they completely bend over backward to make sure I had the best day possible. We had tons of set-up time the day of, the staff helped us plan and asked all the right questions to help us think things through properly. There were no hidden fees. Because of their great service, my big day ran like clockwork! They were kind, transparent, genuinely caring, extremely professional and responsive, and extremely competent. I couldn't be happier! By the end of the planning I felt like we were friends! I'm so grateful for their help. I worked with Kiley and I wish I could hire her at my own company, she was absolutely incredible. Don't hesitate to book with Abe and Jakes! Bonus my photographers, videographer, and caterer all LOVED this venue. They said it was an ideal set-up. And it was so great to have gorgeous natural lighting and not have to worry about the elements. There's also a ton of hotels near which was great for all of our out of towners.
illustration stars