A White Orchid Wedding Reviews

94 A White Orchid Wedding Reviews
  • Hailey

Hailey Mccluskey · Married on 10/09/2018

Amazing! Mahalo, WOW!

We had the absolute best experience with WOW! Everything from start to finish was smooth and enjoyable. We loved planning our wedding! Our wedding day was better than anything we could ever dream of. Nani was incredible to work with. Enthusiastically recommend!

Katia · Married on 09/29/2018

Kendall and the White Orchid Wedding team were absolutely incredible! Everything went amazingly and they even helped pull off last minute things my husband and I had forgotten about (oops on our part, YAY on their part) It was a truly magical evening and I couldn't have imagined it any other way. Highly highly recommend. Thank you so much!!

• Julie

Julie Kinneen · Married on 09/28/2018

Intimate Beach House Ceremony

White Orchid Wedding made it easy for me to plan an intimate and beautiful ceremony. There are no words to accurately describe what an amazing event planner Kendall is. From my initial email inquiry, Kendall has been organized and professional throughout the entire process. She immediately understood my vision and seamlessly coordinated the day with expertise. When I asked for leis for my guests to wear, even on short notice Kendall delivered with gorgeous adornments that made the day even that more special. When the roads flooded the day before my wedding, I was stranded on the other side of the island with no way to get my dress from the cleaners. I called Kendall with my dilemma and without a moment of hesitation she offered to pick up my dress!! She truly goes above and beyond and her customer service far surpasses any other! My family and I are forever thankful to Kendall and White Orchid Wedding.

Megan · Married on 09/21/2018

Kendall had a perfect understanding of what we wanted even through mostly email communication and me not being very descriptive. She was amazing and allowed us and our families to enjoy the day with no worries. We had some odd requests like zip lining between the ceremony and reception and she went above and beyond to make it work. I would absolutely recommend to anyone who wants their wedding to be beautiful and stress free!

Amy · Married on 07/11/2018

Nani was amazing to work with and managed to pull together a dream wedding for us! She had a great understanding of the vibe we wanted even when I struggled to articulate some of my ideas. I wish we could do it all over again tomorrow! Thanks again!!! Amy & Cody

Sent on 08/02/2018

A White Orchid Wedding's reply:

So thrilled your day was all you dreamed it to be! Mahalo for choosing A White Orchid Wedding to orchestrate your day in Paradise! xoxo

Cindy · Married on 06/23/2018

We were blown away by Bernie and Steven’s excellent service. Right from the beginning, they were responsive and helpful, unlike many other wedding vendors I reached out to. We did everything by distance via phone and email, and they made it so easy! Throughout the process they kept us engaged and took care of everything. They were detail-oriented and did not miss anything from our wedding requests/designs. They did all the coordination with the venues and it was super helpful. We would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone who wants a stress-free approach to a Hawaii wedding!

Sent on 06/21/2018

A White Orchid Wedding's reply:

Hooray! We are so happy for the two of you and grateful you selected WOW to facilitate your extra special day! xoxo

Julia · Married on 04/08/2018

Kendall was an amazing planner! She was so easy to work with and very organized! We were on the same page throughout the entire process in terms of negotiating with vendors and creating a beautiful wedding! I really don't know what I would have done without Kendall and her team.

Sent on 05/07/2018

A White Orchid Wedding's reply:

We aim to please! So happy you and Kendall Oreta were a perfect match in planning your celebration here on the island. Hope to see you back again soon! xoxo

Dian · Married on 03/19/2018

My dream came true thanks to my wonderful planners at WOW... My then Fiancee and I didn't think of a wedding until very late, like, less than 3 months before our actual wedding day. But with the help of Bernie and Steven from WOW, things came together so nicely that we sometimes didn't realize we were in the middle of it. We ended up having a small group flying in and some don't even speak English, but my planners and the crew at the White Orchid Beach House did everything they could to accommodate our guests.
    It is an unforgettable moment of our lives--thank you, WOW, for making it happen!
    Dian & Ted

Sent on 03/25/2018

A White Orchid Wedding's reply:

Thank you so much for your lovely words! It is our privilege to have been of assistance on this glorious day! xoxo

Christina · Married on 02/12/2018

My partner and I dreamed of getting married in Maui but, as we live in the UK, we didn't know where to start. We contacted White Orchid and were extremely lucky to be assigned to Nalani. She was WONDERFUL. Right from the start, she listened to everything we wanted, had brilliant suggestions, and always paid attention to detail. It has now been two weeks since our wedding. We are home in England, reflecting on what a perfect day we had. Nani coordinated everything flawlessly. Literally perfect. Thank you so much, Nani and the White Orchid team. :-)

Sent on 02/26/2018

A White Orchid Wedding's reply:

We are so thrilled to see you glowing review! Nani is truly a WOW treasure and we thank you for sharing! xoxo

Nadia · Married on 02/03/2018

Professional, patient, kind, and helpful. My husband and I were extremely pleased with how things came together. In fact, everything form the table-setting to the flowers to the wedding venue and all the vendors involved exceeded our expectations. Planning a wedding from a distance had the potential to be stressful and risky, since it can be impossible to check on things.

Thank you for making the planning process so painless and stress-free. Friends kept asking me if I was overwhelmed with the planning, and I happily would answer, “Not at all.” I had complete confidence in our coordinator taking care of things as we worked through the process. Our coordinator, Nalani, was especially sensitive to my needs as a person with disability and the needs of my family and friends. Extra special thanks to White Orchid Wedding (WOW) for installing new ramps at the beach house (without my asking) to ensure that I could access the house with no problems.

We will definitely contact WOW if we decide to do a vow renewal in the future!:). Thanks so much for a wonderful experience, and kudos to Nani on a job well done!

Sent on 02/22/2018
    A White Orchid Wedding 1
    A White Orchid Wedding 2
    A White Orchid Wedding 3
    A White Orchid Wedding 4

A White Orchid Wedding's reply:

How beautiful are you two! Thank you so much for your kind words, we agree, Nani St. Germain is one in a million and we are so happy to have her as a part of our WOW team. Congratulations to you two! xoxo

Nikki · Married on 01/14/2018

I would highly recommend A White Orchid Wedding to any engaged couple. Kendall was amazing to work with; she was easy to get in contact for any of the questions or concerns I had (and I had a lot!) , she listened well to and respected the ideas/visions/budget I had, and she was laid back and reassuring, which calmed my nerves that everything would run as we had planned. Overall, Kendall is a fantastic coordinator to work with and made the planning and execution of my dream wedding come to life without a hitch. On the day of, everything ran so incredibly smoothly (hair and make up, photography, videography, and transportation all arrived on schedule) and looked better than I had envisioned, that even now, I have a difficult time verbalizing how perfect (and when I say “perfect”, I really do mean it. I honestly believe that there is nothing I would’ve have done differently) of a day our wedding was. And I cannot forget to mention WOW’s staff that helped to make my dream wedding happen. Steven, Jackie, and the rest of the event staff set up/cleaned up, bussed tables and refilled drinks, made sure my husband and I were fed, and did such a wonderful job so that our friends and family could enjoy our day without needing to worry about a thing. I cannot thank Kendall and WOW enough for making our day one we will never forget.

Sent on 05/03/2018

A White Orchid Wedding's reply:

We are blushing!!! Sending our a special 'mahalo nui loa' to you two and our appreciation for posting such a sweet review. Hoping to see you on our island once again very soon! xoxo

Vickie · Married on 01/06/2018

We loved working with Kendall and WOW! Kendall was amazing. My husband and I decided to go with Day-of coordination so I did a lot of the planning and we meet with Kendall every so often to update her on any vendors we had booked, changes we made and to get suggestions. She always made time to meet with us and sometimes with short notice. I felt confident that we could leave our special day and all the little details in her hands and not need to worry about anything. She also met with our DJ to go over details with him to make sure everything ran smoothly, which they did. The day-of Kendall put their best coordinators on it and we were so happy with everything. Kendall and the team at White Orchid Wedding were so genuine, so professional and we could not have gotten through our wedding day without them!

Sent on 07/24/2018

A White Orchid Wedding's reply:

We are so happy for the two of you! Thank you for your kind words and we are also so happy to have Kendall as a part of our WOW team. Cheers to the newlyweds!!! xoxo

C · Married on 11/15/2017

Kendall and WOW were both amazing to work with. Kendall was an absolute pleasure making every step of the way as easy as could be! I had never met Kendall in person and only worked with her through phone calls and emails, but she was more than wonderful and after working with her I wouldn't have had anyone else help plan our dream wedding. Kendall is very kind, helpful, and most of all very patient taking every single little thing, change, and/or detail into consideration. I would highly recommend Kendall and WOW to any bride/groom.

Sent on 05/03/2018

A White Orchid Wedding's reply:

Our sincere appreciation for your post! At WOW we are so grateful for your choice selecting us to facilitate your magical day! xoxo

Ryan · Married on 11/11/2017

Kendall and WOW weddings were a pleasure to work with. They had relationships with top vendors to put together the perfect calibration for our perfect day. Coming from Kansas to get married in Maui, we needed local help to find the perfect vendors, venue and food. We found all that and more with WOW. They were easy to work with and made our process seamless for an out of town event with more than 60 guests. We would highly recommend Kendall and WOW for weddings or any special events in Hawaii. They sure gave us piece of mind in relaxing while they made our day perfect.

Sent on 01/17/2018

A White Orchid Wedding's reply:

WOW what can we say but MAHALO to you for the lovely post! We are so thrilled to make your vision a reality and your day so incredibly special. Come visit us again soon! xoxo

Maurice · Married on 09/03/2017

The wife and I decided to have our destination wedding in Maui because it's where we got engaged! We're so glad we got to work with WOW specifically with Bernie and Steven. As our wedding coordinators, they were able to make our wedding day very special and to what we envisioned. Bernie and Steven were very friendly, knowledgable, and super helpful! We're so glad we made the right decision to partner with WOW. Thank you and we love you guys!

Sent on 10/07/2017
    A White Orchid Wedding 5

A White Orchid Wedding's reply:

Thank you so much for your lovely review! We are thrilled for the two of you and wish you a lifetime of bliss! xoxo

Brenna · Married on 03/21/2017

Mark and I worked with Nalani at WOW and she made the whole process so easy! We are a pretty low-key couple and wanted to do something extremely small (by small I mean just him and I). Nani was awesome at sending me all kinds of options and literally would send me a couple of options after talking with us to figure out what we wanted and she made it all happen. I especially like the detail orientation piece that she did with the cost and schedule. WOW has so many great vendors that they can recommend! The best part is how flexible they are. We were deciding on which island and she could help us on every Island. Nani was also able to get our event put together so quickly as we reached out to them in January and we were getting married in March! I am so glad that we found White Orchid Wedding!!

Sent on 05/17/2017

A White Orchid Wedding's reply:

MAHALO! for the beautiful review! We are so very happy your day was all you dreamed it to be. xoxo

Meghan · Married on 03/15/2017

Kendall at A White Orchid Wedding was so helpful from answering questions to making suggestions! She was polite, prompt and professional!! She did a great job of balancing what we were looking for with our budget. Everything was perfect from the wedding officiant, to the location, the food, the photographer and the cake!!! I can't thank White Orchid Wedding and Kendall enough for making our wedding so special and a day I will never forget!

Sent on 05/30/2018

A White Orchid Wedding's reply:

Mahalo for this sweet review from all of us here at WOW! Wishing you a lifetime of happiness and salty kisses!

Elaine · Married on 02/23/2017

White Orchid Weddings (WOW) arranged for my son’s wedding on the grounds of the Old Lahaina Luau on Maui. They did an outstanding job in every way! The venue was in the lovely garden right on the ocean front. We were a small group of only 12 persons including the bride and groom which meant we contracted for one of their smallest wedding packages, yet, the wedding planner, Nalani, made the arrangements down to every detail as though it were a large wedding. I could not have been more pleased with her attentiveness and eye for detail. The wedding was absolutely PERFECT in every way! The hair stylist and makeup artist did a terrific job and our bride was beautiful. We could not have asked for a better officiant than Reverend Kimo. He came attired in colorful Hawaiian garb and conducted a wonderful authentic Hawaiian ceremony. Rev. Kimo has a terrific sense of humor and made everyone happy and fee at ease throughout the occasion. We were greatly impressed with the on-site WOW personnel, musician, singer, and photographer, as well. They all worked together with precision and made the event flawless. The cake was delicious and gorgeous. We were escorted into the Luau following the ceremony. Our wedding dinner was incorporated into the luau which was a perfect reception, especially for the children who were present. I was completely thrilled with all WOW did to make the wedding full of a lifetime of good memories! I highly recommend WOW for your wedding plans and can assure you that you will get your monies worth!

Sent on 03/07/2017

A White Orchid Wedding's reply:

Thank you so much for this lovely review! We are thrilled you had such a wonderful day here on the island. Mahalo Nui Loa! xoxo the WOW O'hana
  • Tim

Tim · Married on 01/04/2017

Patty Flax and White Orchid Wedding were so Great to work with. Patty took so much of her personal time with me to plan this last minute dream and she pulled it off with such ease. We did it in 10 days of planning and over the Holiday Season and everything was so perfect ...it was like a dream and will always be a special part of our lives...What an exceptional venue White Orchid House is... and the day was Perfect. It was a small wedding With a perfect mix of family and friends.
    The food was exceptional and the bar service was Great along with The staff... Floral was Beautiful and the photographer was exceptional.
    Thank you Patty Flax and the staff Bernie , Manard and Paul were Great to work at the venue from the beginning until the end to make everything perfect.
    What A Dream the entire evening turned out to be and we owe it all to this very professional team of people.
    Thank you so very much.

D.E. · Married on 11/29/2016

Jacqueline was very professional, lots of experience in wedding planning, calm personality, very organized and kept the wedding planning and wedding day on schedule. The White Orchid venue in Makena was a very unique and beautiful place to get married. Jacqueline perfectly captured my daughters vision of her wedding in all the décor. All staff and vendors that Jacqueline recommended were professional, friendly and accommodating. Would definitely recommend Jacqueline as a wedding planner.

Aiza · Married on 11/17/2016

WOW is just WOW!!!! We had our wedding in November 2016 at the Olowalu Plantation House. And the wedding itself took over a year in planning but it was very stressless. Most of the stressless was because we had the BEST wedding planner in the world, Bernie!!! We found out about White Orchid Wedding by our good friend, google. The website was very well designed and the pictures were great so we decided to give them an email. Next thing you know, we had our first phone meeting. When we first spoke to Bernie over the phone in August of 2015, it was like she had us at Aloha and there was no turning back. We put our 100% faith and trust in Bernie and White Orchid and the results were amazing. Bernie and her team were very professional and very very friendly. They treated us like gold. She was very flexible and being that our time difference was 4 hours apart, her responses to our emails were very fast. Also, during our planning for our destination wedding, we were also building a house and we both worked over full time hours, so we were anticipating a lot of stress but there was something about Bernie and her team that help take away that stress. I think it was just meant to be. When the day of our wedding came, it was everything we wanted and more. Everything was perfect. And all of our 84 guests had the time of their lives. It will be a day that we both will cherish forever. Thank you Bernie and White Orchid Wedding, you guys are truly the best, not only in Maui, but in the world. Mahalo from the bottom of our hearts.

Janelle · Married on 11/11/2016

What an amazing experience my now husband and I had. Our wedding planner Steven was amazing! He was knowledgable, experienced, patient and extremely fun to plan with! It was such a nice experience working with him and White Orchid Wedding! I highly recommend using this company for your future wedding planning! We had a destination wedding so we planned from afar and Steven was so helpful and gave us recommendations and made accommodations for us which took so much of the wedding 'craziness' off our plate. Every vendor he recommended turned out to be incredible while also staying in our budget! Our wedding was made very special by their attention to the small details as well as taking our vision and bringing it to life for our family and friends! An unforgettable experience!

Mahalo!!!!!!

Jeff · Married on 11/11/2016

If you are planning a destination wedding and Maui is that destination, you definitely need to talk to WOW and especially to Steven. Don't try and do this yourself. Their fees are well worth it and probably saved us money in the long run, not to mention making it stress-free. Even though my daughter's wedding was probably on the smaller side...41, they, Steven, treated us like it was a large wedding.

Steven always got back to us with any question we had and made the entire event seem seamless. He was there the day before for the rehearsal and then the next evening for the entire wedding event overseeing everything. His attention to detail was worth his weight in gold. Thanks to WOW and Steven, my daughter had her dream wedding and as her dad, I couldn't be more happy. Thank you WOW and Steven so much for making this such a special day.

Christianne · Married on 10/23/2016

You will not regret hiring White Orchid Wedding if you are planning a destination wedding in Maui! It can be overwhelming to plan a destination wedding (big or small), but our planner/coordinator Nalani St. Germain made it seem like a breeze. It was simple and easy to communicate with her both via email and phone. We were thrilled with the vendors that we used for our wedding, and the location (White Orchid Beach House in Makena) was stunning! Kendall was the on-site coordinator during our wedding day and everything went extremely well - I was a very relaxed bride, and our guests enjoyed every moment of our special day. Mahalo for making our wedding day a very special and memorable experience!!!