A Touch of You Reviews

A Touch of You 5
  • Erica

Erica 路 Married on 06/29/2019

Happy Bride 馃懓

I met Taryn years ago because she was actually planning one of my good friend's wedding that I was a part of. From that first experience years ago getting to know her, I thought she was such a down to earth and easy going person to talk to. So many years later, I find myself engaged and planning to get married in a year. My fiance (now hubby 馃槈) and I were going back and forth on whether or not we needed a wedding planner. We finally decided after several months that we would for sure need someone for the day of coordination and the several months prior to our actual wedding date. And boy were we thankful that we did get one! I remembered Taryn and her team at A Touch of You from years ago, and inquired with her and scheduled a consultation. Taryn again was so easy to talk story with, and she asked us many questions about what we wanted for our wedding that we weren't even aware we should be thinking about! Her assistant Stephanie also was so amazing! She helped Taryn and I stay connected when I had questions about all the many different things along this whole planning a wedding journey, and helped reassure me that things were moving along and in place. Taryn also led us to many wonderful vendors that we were blessed with for our wedding day which included my bridal party ladies and my hair/makeup, photography, videography, floral, and linens. Then, the big wedding day finally approached! Words cannot express how thankful we were to have had the A Touch of You team especially on the day of our wedding! They worked so hard from early in the morning keeping everything moving and in place at the venue and at the hotel we were getting ready at, so that my husband and I could have a relaxing time enjoying our special day with our family and friends. As a bride, I can honestly say I was super relaxed and truly enjoyed every moment on my wedding day because of all the hard work Taryn, Steph, and the rest of the A Touch of You team took care of for us throughout the day. THANK YOU SOOOOO much for helping us have such an AMAZING & truly BLESSED Wedding day that we will always remember for years to come! 馃檹馃グ馃槉馃槃

Sent on 09/09/2019

Keli Umeda Baehr 路 Married on 06/22/2019

A Touch of You - Fantastic

We knew from the very start that wedding coordinator services was something we would definitely need. We were planning a wedding in Hawaii from Nebraska, and it was not going to be a "destination wedding" since most of my family lives in Hawaii (I'm from there). My husband and I also knew we wanted someone we could trust to give an idea or theme and let them run with it.

Taryn and her team did an AMAZING job on the day of the wedding. Everything went smoothly, (or if there were any issues Taryn and her team handled it without me or my husband knowing) and Taryn and her team are super professional while remaining friendly and calming/reassuring. They went above and beyond and even ran to Walgreens to print out photos that were needed for the ceremony. Taryn also brought my husband his favorite Honolulu Cookie Company cookies when we couldn't have it as part of the wedding.

Throughout the planning process, Taryn was supportive, reassuring, and a strong advocate for what we wanted/our vision when it came time to work with the venue and vendors. Although there were a few times throughout the year or so where communication wasn't as consistent (understandably, life happens, people can't be on their jobs 24/7 365), everything turned out perfectly in the end.

Taryn also works with absolutely talented vendors, and from the meetings it's obvious there is a sense of respect and partnership between both parties. Taryn's ability to build relationships with people makes her a strong advocate for her clients. We would highly recommend A Touch of You!

A Touch of You 6
    A Touch of You 7
    A Touch of You 8
    Sent on 09/10/2019

Courtni 路 Married on 03/01/2019

Matsuoka Wedding

We had a great experience with A Touch Of you vendor. Our wedding day was a blast and one we can remember for a lifetime!

A Touch of You 9
    A Touch of You 10
    A Touch of You 11
    A Touch of You 12
    Sent on 03/12/2019

Tobi 路 Married on 06/05/2016

Taryn was awesome. From the day my wife and I met her we knew that she was going to be the perfect wedding planner for us! She was so down to earth and easy to work with especially when it came down to the details and day of. She walked us through everything, which put us at ease. Every couple wishes for the perfect wedding day, and with Taryn's help we were able to achieve that. Her personality was the key. Always smiling, always making sure that we were having fun, and always looking to do the best job she could for everyone involved. She even went as far as to surprise my wife with special butterflies during our ceremony, which went way beyond the call. Taryn did an amazing job and I want to recommend her to anyone and everyone that is looking to plan their special day. Thank you Taryn!

Sent on 08/02/2016
  • User6153657 路 2+ years ago

Taryn helped make our wedding better than we imagined. The actual day of was perfect. I was completely unbothered with any problems and had sooo much fun. I really got to enjoy every single moment and really embrace the biggest day of my life. Thanks to Taryn our dream wedding came to life.

Sent on 01/05/2016

Sarah 路 Married on 07/08/2015

Taryn did an amazing job planning my wedding. I think at first I had to get used to the idea that she really had EVERYTHING under control and she took my ideas and ran with them and I ended up with a beautiful, stress free wedding. The company name is A Touch of You, and this is very true, I really didn't have to do much. The only thing I would say is that since she is so busy, she is a little hard to get ahold of, but really I didn't even need to stress at all. On my wedding day, all the decorations, favors, place settings, etc, were like opening a gift for me and was such a suprise and delight to see all come together. Taryn was patient, kind, and professional to work with as well. Thanks again, Taryn!

Sent on 07/21/2015

Jess 路 Married on 06/30/2018

3.5

Taryn is simply amazing, she鈥檚 come to the rescue too many times to count. From dealing with crazy vendors throughout to all the last minute day of craziness. She was there for us through the passing of my father in law and was so awesome with helping us change our wedding date and contracts with all our vendors. She didn鈥檛 mind the hundreds of text messages a day and always reassured me when I started to freak out. My only regret is stressing out so much when this sensational woman already had it all figured out. She worked great with us, our mothers and especially our daughter. Taryn really is a part of our family and will always have a special place in our hearts for making our Happily Ever After a reality for us. We couldn鈥檛 have asked for anyone better and are so glad we made the right choice with Taryn.

A Touch of You 13
    A Touch of You 20
    Sent on 07/22/2018

Elizabeth 路 Married on 10/07/2017

3.5

Taryn and the 'Touch of You' team were what help we needed for having a destination wedding on Oahu, in Waikiki Beach. On our initial call Taryn was really bubbly and I selected her because she said I could text her freely during our planning process and was really sweet. We had the 50/50 package. Needing a planner if doing a destination wedding is just crucial because we weren't able to be in Hawaii to physically check out all the vendors. Also Taryn's team is able to prep all the details so you don't have to worry.
    I did have a patch months prior to the wedding where I texted her and she didn't reply for weeks until I was actually worried but we did end up touching base and getting on track with the wedding planning. Looking back my worries were tied to needing a check in from her and just not familiar with the whole wedding planner / bride relationships prior to the 30 day countdown to the wedding day. The end result was still a nice wedding planned by her.

I suggest hiring A Touch of You for your destination wedding day whether your venue requires a coordinator or not.

Pros:
    -They take care of all the important coordinating efforts of the day, they helped me be the go between in potentially stressful issues on that day so I can focus on the wedding. This was big.
    - They helped find local vendors and help save on some fees.
    - They have existing relationships with my wedding hotel's planner

Cons:
    -It was a little hard to get a hold of Taryn a couple times months prior to the 30 days until the wedding day.

- The rehearsal went okay but they gave us mistyped rehearsal sheets (wrong hotel info, times) which confused my mother in law and mom but we sorted it out amongst the bridal party.

Sent on 03/14/2018

Leimakamae 路 Married on 09/01/2019

Patient, professional, and polite

Although we did not book this vendor, they were one of VERY few to respond!! Not only did they acknowledge our request in a timely manner, but they also went out of their way to follow up a few days later. I felt I had to give a review because we had such a difficult time getting businesses to reply and I REALLY appreciate it! Always patient, professional, and polite.

Sent on 01/26/2019

Ash 路 Married on 01/22/2019

Destination Wedding Coordination

My husband and I are located on the mainland 3 time zones away from Hawaii and were tasked with the undertaking of planning a wedding with multiple planning restraints to time, availability, and resources being so far away from our destination. We chose Taryn with A Touch of You services to help ease the struggles we were facing along the way. Taryn helped us with our final coordination of choosing our florist, officiant, and hair and makeup gurus and setting our timeline/schedule for the day. She also ran our rehearsal in place of our officiant for us so we didn't have to pay anything additional! She also identified ways for us to save money with other vendors! Taryn is VERY knowledgeable of the local venues on Oahu and all of the best vendors to work with. She holds valuable relationships with vendors and local resources that were irreplaceable in our planning process. She and her team created the exact atmosphere we were looking for eased a lot of the frustrations that come with remote planning and vendor communication. Our only regret is that we didn't bring her in sooner! Huge thanks to her and the team for everything they did to make our day so magical!

A Touch of You 21
    A Touch of You 29
    Sent on 05/07/2019
  • User4373495 路 2+ years ago

3.0

She did a great job from beginning to end!!! Was able to coordinate with all the vendors successfully. She made all my dreams come true.

Sent on 09/03/2014

Liz 路 Married on 07/26/2014

Taryn is, like, the best. Having a wedding planner is one of the best investments you can make: her connections in the industry helped us save money with several vendors. Also, it kept me from going completely insane.

When it comes down to it, the details are just really hard to manage when you have so much going on. She's so responsive, supportive and full of ideas. She has tons of great advice, and will help make your vision come through!

Sent on 07/27/2014

Sara 路 Married on 06/09/2018

3.5

The wedding turned out so beautiful. I could have never done that on my own. There were so many cute touches that I didn鈥檛 even know were happening and made the day even better. I had to switch venues last minute and Taryn was super helpful getting us back on track.

A Touch of You 30
    Sent on 07/31/2018

Alohalani 路 Married on 06/08/2019

4.2

Very Thankful!

Planning a wedding is a big deal and A Touch of You proved to be well worth the time and effort necessary to make our special day a success. As I was your regular DIY bride, I was able to plan my own wedding with aid and support from Taryn as she was very helpful in guiding me throughout the process. Whether you are a DIY bride or someone who wants to hire a planner to get the job done for you...A Touch of You wedding planning services can help you achieve the wedding of your dreams. When things got crazy, (and trust me, they will) Taryn was there to help put my worries at ease, assuring me that everything will be okay! She listened to all my crazy, "OCD" antics and special requests, with my very long and very detailed list of "to-dos," and turned my vision into an unforgettable reality. My husband and I, (along with all of my family, my crew, and my friends) were so very happy and pleased with how everything turned out at our wedding, many of them (and us) are still talking about it to this day. Everyone was filled with so much love and happiness on our special day, it made us so very happy because really that was the goal all along. It was definitely a day we will never forget and for that we are so thankful for Taryn and her team for being there every step of the way, for working hard to make sure all my details were carried out! So no matter what kind of wedding you're thinking of having, there is no job too big or small, crazy or simple, easy or hard, that Taryn and A Touch of You Weddings can't handle.

Sent on 09/11/2019

Teresa 路 Married on 12/10/2016

3.8
      2.0

We booked Taryn after some research and a FaceTime interview, almost 1 year prior to our wedding. As we knew that we would be planning most of it from Germany, we knew that we needed some feet on the ground. Taryn has been a great resource of incredible vendors. We really appreciate every vendor she has brought forward and ultimately went with most (if not all) of her No.1 choices. We clearly stated that we were running on a budget and she was able to meet our requirements on most of the vendors. She accompanied us to most vendors, such as flowers, party rentals or food and was a great help there as well. She really has lots of experience and a great relation with her vendors that clearly helps out tremendously in the preparation and the day-of. Taryn also is a great day-of coordinator that makes sure that you are experiencing no stress whatsoever on your wedding day as she is running around, accompanied by her assistant, to make sure everything runs smoothly. She did a great job for us on our wedding day! The only thing that really gave me a headache in the preparation period was her low availability by phone or email. At times we were not able to reach her for days or even weeks, despite multiple phone calls, texts and emails. Being so far away from it all, this created quite some stress for us, especially as we did not know when and if she would reply to us and whether she was still on our case. All in all we really enjoyed having her with us during this experience and all personal interactions with her have been nothing but lovely, but to us the inconsistent level of availability was a source of concern at times.

Sent on 01/08/2017

Gerald 路 Married on 09/30/2017

2.2
      3.0

This review is long overdue as our wedding happened a couple months ago.

It's been great working with Taryn as our wedding Coordinator for partial planning (6 months). She's very knowledgeable of the wedding industry. Mostly everything went smooth on our wedding day. There are few hiccups during our planning stages, but we know that no one is perfect.

There are times where we wanted Taryn to come to our vendor meetings and there were times where our emails were not responded in a timely matter. Those are the times where we needed her most to help on the decisions we made and to help us keep our budget stable.

But, the day of our wedding, Taryn and her team was organized. They made sure we were on time to the hotel, ceremony & to the reception.

The important thing is that we were happy and our guests was well taken care of. We couldn't have done it without Taryn and her teams help.

Sent on 03/10/2018

Emma 路 Married on 07/17/2019

1.0

Avoid - thoroughly disappointing and highly unprofessional

If you are thinking about hiring A Touch of You as a 'day of' coordinator only, please stop reading after this first paragraph. You will have an easy walk through before the wedding, and if my experience is anything to go off you will have a pain free wedding day during which everything will run perfectly.

If you are thinking about hiring A Touch of You as a wedding planner, I strongly recommend you do not. Our July wedding at Dillingham Ranch was a perfect day but dealing with Taryn before the wedding was an absolute nightmare and certainly the single most stressful part of the entire wedding preparation process. We had months of no communication, were given every excuse for deadlines not being met (from spur of the moment holidays, to pregnancy complications of a friend completely unrelated to A Touch of You, to self-induced illness), went back and forth on the same topic numerous times because emails and phone calls were simply forgotten or ignored, and we were prompted to spend more money and buy unnecessary accessories, as consideration for our budget was fairly non-existent.

At one point I had to call a vendor that Taryn was meant to be managing and once they had me on the phone they said, "Oh I am so pleased you called today! We were worried the wedding wasn鈥檛 happening. We have heard nothing from your wedding planner since her first enquiry nearly two months ago." That phone call happened less than 6 weeks before our wedding date. We were also told for months that Taryn was waiting to hear back from the DJ regarding an invoice that needed to be paid in order to confirm the booking. Through fear that nothing was being done, we contacted the DJ ourselves and received the invoice within 30 minutes 鈥 as it turned out, the DJ was in fact very responsive, and it was A Touch of You that was the poor communicator. It was clear that very little care or time was being put into our wedding.

The 鈥榮ervice鈥 we received was the most unprofessional conduct I have ever encountered in any industry and I do not believe A Touch of You should be taking on wedding planning jobs, especially for brides who do not live on Oahu.

We expect this review to receive a volatile reaction from A Touch of You, we expect for these experiences to somehow be our fault, we expect the vendors to unfairly be blamed - as this is the standard response from A Touch of You.

We wanted a simple wedding, no intricate floral requests or live performers needed, but Taryn singlehandedly ensured the six months before the wedding were stressful - full of sleepless nights and, unfortunately, tears. Save yourself the frustration and use another company.

Sent on 10/16/2019

A Touch of You's reply:

Aloha Emma, Thank you for this review, And I would love to clear this up... What this client doesn't have written in this review, is that her contract was strictly for finishing up 6 mo process. And during this process we took the time to meet with all of her vendors with her mother and aunt who flew down in her stead. We took the time to book and cover all cost for MULTIPLE vendor tastings and meetings. And with those, this client used EVERY single on of our recommendations. I won't single out the vendors, but there were some that found this client difficult to work with, and spite the comments, they worked and did this event for us, because we are awesome at what we do and have been doing weddings for over 13 years. It's easy to look at only the bad and not look at all the details. But in the end, they had a Beautiful Event without a hitch and that's what they paid for. We do wish you two the best, Aloha a Hui Hou!
  • Tammi

Tammi Nakamura 路 Married on 09/09/2018

Complete fraud!

This is the letter I sent to Taryn in January after being forced to terminate her service due to lack of response & breach of contract.

"I am shocked & deeply disappointed in the unprofessional way you conduct your business & your lack of consideration for your clients.

I selected your business because of your stellar reviews, & I booked with you because you were quick to reply & your message was personal & enthusiastic. I was excited to meet you & discuss my dreams for this event that I would pour a lot of thought, time, & money into. I was slightly alarmed that our first phone call was delayed by 5 hours due to a personal conflict on your end, but I decided to let that go. We discussed a list of tasks that we would fulfill for one another. I sent you mine within the same evening, & you were to answer within the upcoming week. 8 days went by & I checked in with you, wherein you promised a reply within the next couple of days. 5 more days went by & I reached out to you again for a status update. Again, you promised a reply by the end of that week. That was the last I heard from you - one month ago - despite my reaching out to you numerous times since, to give you the opportunity to come through at the last minute. I knew you were on a family vacation & I respected your time off, but you did not do the same for me. You knew I was flying to Hawaii from across the country to meet with vendors & work with you on my upcoming event. You made commitments to deliver on rental estimates, schedule tastings & visitations/consultations, & attend appointments with me. You did none of these things. You did not even send me your preferred vendor list, which would have only been a simple email. I was very confused by your intentional disregard for a paying client.

Then I have to find out on Instagram that you took the month of December off. While there is no fault in that in itself, the problem is that you didn't tell me! You took my deposit, kept making promises you never intended to see through, & then you disappeared!

I could not believe all of this was happening to me. Then I read Rhea G's review posted on The Knot on 6/15/17... you did the exact same thing to her! This is shameful & unacceptable.

I am kindly asking that you send back my deposit. You have not fulfilled any of the services outlined in your contract. You have caused me huge amounts of stress & anxiety as I waited for your replies that never came, only to send me scrambling the week before and during my trip to Hawaii to contact & book appointments with vendors that you were supposed to have reached out to a month ago, but none of them had heard from you. I truly hope you can understand what you have put me through."

We made multiple attempts to contact her prior to sending this letter, but there was no response. She never acknowledged our calls or emails or this termination.

Sent on 11/19/2018

Alyssa 路 Married on 01/27/2018

0.4
      0.5

My (now) husband & I booked quite a few vendors on our own then hired Taryn for 50/50 coordination meaning that she would take over & do the rest. In our initial meeting & a couple of initial emails she was decently responsive but that changed once we made a deposit. Once we made the deposit we didn鈥檛 even hear from her. I sent her an email but didn鈥檛 get a response till over a month later. Furthermore, we had to keep encouraging her to begin the planning process. Taryn was so difficult to get a hold of. On multiple occasions it took her months to respond (if at all). She took so long to do anything for us that we decided we needed to do things on our own to get the process going. We kept her in the loop about everything we were doing via email but of course she barely responded. For the few meetings we did have with her, she showed up late to EVERY one of them. She had excuses for everything. At one point, Taryn told us she was working on setting up meetings with other vendors and asked us to give her our available dates. We provided her with our dates (which were flexible) but then wouldn鈥檛 hear back from her and those dates would pass! Then she asked us for a new set of dates. Again, we did not hear a response and those dates would pass. This happened three times! Ultimately we had to book all but two of our own venders. We did her job for her. It was so ridiculous that I had to send her an amicable email stating that she never provided the services in her contract. I informed her that we wanted to end her services and asked for our deposit back. I sent this via email but OF COURSE, received no response. I also sent it via mail, text, and privately through social media. Still nothing! Someone who has pride in their work would respond and at least try to defend them self. She just did nothing and kept our deposit. Also, I find it strange that it鈥檚 so hard for her to respond to her clients yet she is very active on social media.

Sent on 02/05/2018