A Southern Soiree Reviews

204 | Raleigh, NC

204 Reviews for A Southern Soiree

Robin · Married on 06/24/2017

We got to A Southern Soiree through working with The Umstead Hotel and Spa for our daughter's wedding. A modified package with them came with the hotel package. All I can say is that they were outstanding. Both Megan and Alyssa were organized, answered all of our questions promptly and thoroughly, and made our day go as smoothly as we could have asked for. They attended our important meetings, including the food tasting, the final hotel meeting and the rehearsal, and also attended the night of the wedding. Alyssa handled all of our detailed timelines and interacted with our vendors, saving us untold time and aggravation. Alyssa also stayed at our party until the bitter end to make sure no stone went unturned. I would highly recommend A Southern Soiree.

Sent on 07/02/2017

G · Married on 06/17/2017

Below is an email I sent to my wedding planners (Megan and Gina) that I would like to share:

THANK YOU SO MUCH. Words cannot convey how awed, amazed, and grateful both of us were this past weekend. For everything you guys have done to keep us on track, plan every little detail to help us not only bring the beautiful inspiration to life but also to guide us in thinking about what are little things that guests would appreciate and make them feel special as well. When the wedding day came, we were so mentally ready to do a mental trust fall onto you guys because we absolutely trusted that you had every little step of the way down and if anything were to happen we knew you guys were there. On the wedding day, I was thinking about how easy everything was and all I had to do was manage my own nerves, and then I had a really good mental image of you two wearing amazing superhero capes and flying around from the Wa Duke to the Chapel to the Bay 7 and back around to make sure every little thing was cared for. We cannot thank you enough for you two pouring everything you have onto our wedding, we could definitely feel your enthusiasm, energy, professionalism and love for everything you were doing for us, and we really appreciate that. Even greater than our appreciation for pulling this wedding off is how you guys had my mom’s back. It was a REALLY tough situation with my mom living on the opposite side of the world, me up in North and you guys being in Raleigh to talk through the inspirations with vendors and have me translate and go back and forth with communication, where things were bound to get lost, especially in foreign languages. And you guys did an AMAZING job making sure mom’s inspiration live and breathe that day. Both my mom and I literally gasped for air when we walked into Bay 7. The first thing I said was “this is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS” and then I said “I really hope my mom loves it”.

To be continued to the next review post...

Sent on 07/09/2017

G · Married on 06/17/2017

Continuing on from my previous post that got cut b/c of word limit:

The next thing I know, I see my mom running to come get my attention to say (in tears) that this is perfect and all the flowers were MAGNIFICENT, the lighting was like stars in the sky, and how the plate setting and the goblets and the rows of candles and flowers were EXACTLY as how she had envisioned it and on and on and on. It was an AMAZING sight to see my parents so happy and relaxed and breaking it down on the dance floor, with the happiest of smiles on their faces and just letting loose.
    And all of this, you two made it happen. The vendors were AMAZING, but without you two recommending them, running around to meet Cydney and coordinating with all the vendors to make sure the look gets pulled off, I would have never seen my parents be that happy. You guys gave them the best night so far in their lives. Thank you so much. You two are the superheroes with invisible capes, saving couples’ lives everywhere as they take their first steps towards eternity of love together.
    From the bottom of my heart, thank you for everything you've done for John and I, and thank you for everything you've done for my parents. We appreciate you so much.

ASouthernSoiree wedding planners are amazing at what they do, and if you decide on them, they will go above and beyond!

Sent on 07/09/2017

Stacy · Married on 06/10/2017

Alyssa of A Southern Soiree was so lovely to work with as our day-of coordinator. She was incredibly responsive to my emails leading up to our wedding day, and offered lots of helpful advice for the inevitable questions that arise during the wedding planning process. She helped smooth over some slight tension that arose with our venue in the beginning of the planning process, and she was key in making our big day go wonderfully. She also was great about coming by my room as my bridesmaids and I were getting ready to be sure I was doing alright and assure me that everything was being taken care of. Thank you Alyssa for doing an amazing job and helping our wedding day be all we had hoped for!

Sent on 11/22/2017

Kelly · Married on 06/03/2017

There are no words to express my level of gratitude for having Kelley Ann by my side while planning my wedding. My year would not have been the same without her. I had little to zero stress throughout the planning process. The true measure being that my mom and I got along (for the most part) the entire time!! Every vendor KA recommended I accepted without question and I could not have been more pleased with all of her suggestions. Everyone she surrounded me with the day of could not have been more professional, accommodating, and pleasurable to work with. She was able to take my vague vision of how I wanted to make my day to look and create something truly beautiful. The attention to detail was apparent the day of and many of our guests took notice and complimented. Kelley Ann's personality is incredible and she truly made the planning process enjoyable. Everyone that interacted with KA walked away saying "I am so impressed. She knows her stuff." Every dollar spent on having Kelley Ann as my wedding planner was worth it and I cannot recommend her enough.

Sent on 07/23/2017

Camille · Married on 05/13/2017

We began planning our wedding in Sept 2016. When we finally chose the venue location, The Umstead Hotel provided A Southern Soiree by as a vendor to work with. After a brief intro call, Gina and I began mapping out the details of what my husband and I wanted for our big day. Luckily we had a pretty clear vision, but regardless of vision, being able to pull it all off can be a completely different story. From day one, Gina was on it. She would provide recommendations, give feedback, ask the important questions, and really help us nail down the ins and outs of our wedding. Every experience I had with recommended vendors was a good one. She was responsive to my communications and vendor communications.

All in all, it was truly a pleasure working with Gina. She is a great listener, intuitive, thoughtful, organized, professional, and has a great personality. I found working with her to be enjoyable, fun and seamless. She never once dropped the ball on a single item being thrown her way. On our wedding day, she was on the ball and things went smoother than I could have ever imagined. It felt like we had a lot of moving parts but when the day came, everything fell perfectly into place and went off without a single glitch, not that I expected there to be one.

I highly recommend using A Southern Soiree!

Sent on 05/26/2017

Liz · Married on 04/08/2017

Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine how much work went into planning a wedding, and I can say without a shadow of a doubt, that my daughter's wedding could NEVER have been as exquisite as it was without the professionalism, help and support of Megan and her team at A Southern Soiree. The vendors they suggested were top-notch, the budget we set up was strictly adhered to, no detail was overlooked, and, most important of all, we were able to relax and enjoy this incredibly special day without one ounce of worry. They were, quite simply, perfect!

Sent on 04/18/2017

Kelli · Married on 11/12/2016

Book them now!! Kelley Ann was such a blessing to my wife and I throughout the planning process and especially on our big day. She took every little detail to heart and made every effort she could to help us relax and do nothing but enjoy our wedding. She is an absolutely wonderful person and we could tell from the moment that we met her that she cared just as much as we did about making our wedding unforgettable!

Sent on 01/04/2017

Teresa · Married on 11/05/2016

My advice is to book them! Gina Johnston is an amazing professional who is able to handle all the details, coordination, problems, and concerns with a smile on her face. She really took the pressure off of me and, if anything went wrong, I surely did not notice. I was able to enjoy not only my daughter's wedding but also the entire process because I knew Gina had everything in hand. Gina's ideas have great flair and elegance. She was able to find the right balance between my preferences and my daughter's. Hiring A Southern Soiree, and particularly Gina Johnston, was the best wedding decision that I made. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 11/07/2016

Dennis · Married on 10/22/2016

Thanks so much to Kelley Ann at A Southern Soiree. She was such an amazing wedding planner. She was on top of everything and helped make sure our wedding day went perfectly. She made sure to stay in constant communication with us and was always there to answer questions and provide feedback. We can't recommend her highly enough!

Sent on 12/17/2016

Emily · Married on 10/16/2016

I can not say enough wonderful things about Megan! I felt an immediate connection to her when we met, and knew she would understand what me and my husband wanted for our wedding. Letting go of control is a challenge for me, but I completely trusted Megan and her team. The weeks leading up to the wedding and the day of the wedding were so smooth and everything went off without a hitch! We still have wedding guests raving about how amazing our wedding was and how great our wedding planner was. You hear horror stories about wedding planning or something going terribly wrong the day of the wedding, but I can honestly say the day of our wedding we were able to focus on us, getting married, and enjoying our guests, and that is all thanks to Megan!

Sent on 02/10/2017

Hilary · Married on 10/15/2016

Working with A Southern Soiree was hands-down the best decision I made in the entire wedding-planning process. I had a pretty good handle on how I wanted things to look, but we were planning from out of state and I knew I needed someone local to help guide me through the process. We were matched up with Kelley Ann for month-of coordination, and I cannot believe how lucky we were to have her help! Month-of was much, much more that just your typical day-of coordination, and Kelley Ann is just amazing. She gave me vendor recommendations that were spot-on and within my budget, (gently) guided us through the best way to order events, and navigated some tricky family politics with grace and tact. She explained every step in advance, was very responsive by email (my preferred form of communication since I live three time zones away), and checked in on me throughout the process. Our entire day was absolutely flawless. As Kelly Ann put it, her goal was to make me feel like a guest at my own wedding - and that's exactly what happened. I didn't stress about a thing the day of the wedding, and if anything went wrong I never knew about it. Every time I think back on our wedding day I can't help but beam with happiness. I am so grateful, and really cannot recommend Kelley Ann and A Southern Soiree enough.

Sent on 10/30/2016

Colin · Married on 10/08/2016

Megan and her team at A Southern Soiree are VERY experienced professionals that are constantly FOCUSED on making their clients' dreams come true. They deliver in a SPECTACULAR fashion that also allows for the client to sleep well at night! I had the wonderful opportunity to work with Megan and her team on my daughter's wedding in North Carolina. Although I live in Texas, Megan's outstanding and timely communication process made the geographical distance disappear. When evaluating wedding planners for my daughter's wedding, I was looking for FIVE things. First, I needed to work with someone who was CREATIVE. Megan's ideas were both original and unique while remaining focused on cost-effectiveness. Second, I was looking for EXPERIENCE...serious experience. Besides her extensive time spent in the field of wedding and event planning, one attribute that definitely made Megan stand out among her peers was her past formal training at one of the world's foremost hospitality companies. Third, it was imperative that the EXECUTION of the plan was flawless. She exceeded anything I could have imagined a planner to do on the day of the event. Fourth, I needed to work with someone who is HONEST. Due to her trustworthiness, I felt that an easy forum for collaboration with Megan resulted in a fabulous outcome. Fifth, it was important to work with someone that likes to have FUN. If you focus solely on the stress and anxiety at the expense of not having fun, was it all really worth it? Enjoy the journey and share it with someone who instills confidence that all of your DREAMS will come true.

Sent on 10/16/2016

Julie · Married on 10/01/2016

Probably the best decision we made was to use this company!

Sent on 12/08/2016

Anna · Married on 08/27/2016

Great team! Everyone was accommodating made our wedding day worry free.

Sent on 12/18/2016

Suzanne · Married on 08/13/2016

Kelley Ann is a super hero in the form of a wedding planner! She planned and coordinated the absolute best day of my life!! There is no way I could have done it without her. Weddings can be stressful but with Kelley Ann, you know everything is being taken care of. ...and that is a huge compliment coming from this type-A perfectionist.

She took the time to get to know me and James, and she held my hand through the whole process. She designed our vision board, and she nailed it! I also really appreciate her creativity to ensure that we stayed within our budget. She is extremely professional, flexible, and organized, but above all else, she is a wonderful person and an absolute pleasure to work with. Without an ounce of doubt, I would highly recommend hiring Kelley Ann!! I wish I could re-live my big day over and over. It was just so perfect!

Sent on 10/23/2016

Bethany · Married on 07/23/2016

Words cannot express how thankful I am for A Southern Soiree and all that they did for us in planning our wedding. My husband and I worked directly with Gina Johnson and she was absolutely stellar! We choose the full service option so Gina and I worked closely to plan our wedding for a little over a year, she was beyond detailed oriented and kept planning right on track. The true testament to her amazing work was the wedding day. It was PERFECT. Every single detail was in place and she handled the vendors with ease. I could not imagine planning a wedding without Gina and A Southern Soiree and I wouldn’t want to!

Sent on 10/07/2016

Emma · Married on 07/09/2016

I truly do not know where to begin in writing about how wonderful our experience was with Gina at A Southern Soiree, because I truly feel like the words that I could type won't do my experience justice (but I will try to)! The moment we met Gina we knew she was the right planner for us. She genuinely wanted to get to know Matt and I, who we were as individuals and who we were/are as a couple before digging into the planning. We gave her our ideas of what we envisioned, what we liked and what we didn't and she guided us through every single step of the way with us in mind. She helped us pick vendors that she knew our personalities and visions would work well with, which you learn is so incredibly important, not just the vision but the people with whom you entrust to make your visions come to life. One of the most important things Gina did for us was help us navigate the tenting process in order to secure our wedding date at the Chapel (true LIFESAVER)!! Gina never missed one single appointment that we had with a vendor, and she was always so quick to respond whenever I had a question or just needed to simply vent. When it came time for the wedding day, Gina made me feel so incredibly calm and that everything was taken care of (which it was). There are so many little details that go into a wedding, and Gina had every single one of them covered (down to babysitters for little kids). There was not one hiccup, and if there was I will never know about it. After the wedding was over all of our family and friends, said how this was truly the best wedding they had ever been to, promptly followed up with "We love Gina". It is safe to say that our wedding wouldn't have been what it was without Gina, she made our dreams into a reality. Without her, I don't know if I would have been able to enter the alternate universe that was my most perfect day.

Sent on 07/20/2016

Emily · Married on 06/18/2016

Gina was my wedding planner and was absolutely phenomenal. I HIGHLY recommend her. She was incredibly organized, knowledgeable, communicative, creative, kind, and fun. She made me feel like I had a real partner in the planning process who was as invested in the little details as I was. She understood my vision immediately, which was really important to me, because I wanted an outdoor, natural, low key wedding. She helped me find vendors that would fit with my style and had a great design sense. That helped make the barn where we had our reception look enchanting and magical, just like I had envisioned. She was unendingly patient and on top of all the logistical details, which made everything run smoothly. She's very honest and up front about the pros and cons of various decisions, which is incredibly helpful. Having Gina reduced my stress level enormously and made the entire process so much more relaxing and enjoyable. I strongly recommend her.

Sent on 07/18/2016

Chuck & Andy · Married on 05/28/2016

After meeting Southern Soiree's Megan and Gina, we knew we had made the right decision for our wedding. We had a vision for the wedding we wanted. Megan provided us with advice and options attain our desired look and feel for our wedding. Megan & Gina are both caring, responsive, budget conscious and truly wanted the best for our wedding. I was so impressed with their personalized service. We could not have done this without them. All of our guests have said, this was the ABSOLUTE BEST wedding they have ever attended". Thank you again, Southern Soirée !!

Sent on 06/28/2016

Corrie · Married on 05/14/2016

There aren’t enough words to express how much I loved working with Megan and Gina, and how much I miss them now! I knew upfront that I wanted to work with a planner for the entire planning process, but I’m blown away by everything Megan and Gina did. We all know that wedding planning is stressful, and even more-so for a Type A personality. Megan is a fantastic people-reader and figured me out pretty quickly. She kept me in the loop, reassured me she had everything, and made me feel incredibly comfortable so that I didn’t worry about all the details. From a practical standpoint, Megan and Gina ensured we used some of the best and most reliable vendors, that the budget was held to, I was veered away from making costly decisions (unnecessary chargers), and that alternatives were presented anytime there was a hiccup or potential change. This, for me, meant they were worth their weight in gold. To top it off though, they are sweet, charming, honest, and fun people! I was excited to spend time with them, not only to plan our wedding, but just to interact and there were always laughs. And sometimes tears which they always reassured were normal. They make you want to give them a bridesmaids dress and join your party rather than run it. Megan and Gina helped make Brad and my wedding day an amazing, easy, fluid, and unforgettable day. So, if you’re on the fence, take the leap over to the Southern Soiree side. It’s worth every penny!!

Sent on 06/08/2016

Megan · Married on 05/14/2016

A Southern Soiree made my wedding day so magical. I worked with Kelley Ann and she was so awesome. Once we got down to the month before I had nothing to worry about she set up everything and made my life so easy. I am so happy that I choose A Southern Soiree for my wedding day and it was worth every penny that was spent. You will not regret your decision if you choose them for your big day!

Sent on 10/07/2016

Brittany · Married on 04/30/2016

Megan, Gina, and the Southern Soiree team provided month-of coordination services for my wedding in Pittsboro. From the very beginning, Megan was extremely responsive and present throughout the planning process. She communicated clearly with me and my vendors, and was assertive when necessary without being pushy. I felt very comfortable deferring to her on things I wasn't sure about or didn't have the brain space to decide- timeline, reception layout, etc. She and Gina made me feel like I was their only bride ever, and their top priority. Megan also provided a calm, comforting presence when I needed it- the last few weeks of planning were stressful and she was happy to be a listening ear for me.
    On the day of the wedding, Megan was there on the spot during the moments when I needed her, and managed to create a perfectly smooth wedding day without ever breaking a sweat. If there were obstacles, I didn't know about them, because I was so confident Megan had it under control. And she made sure the leftover cake and pie were packed into our getaway car. I highly recommend Megan and her team for flawless wedding coordination services.

Sent on 05/18/2016

Jessica · Married on 04/16/2016

I can’t say enough good things about Gina and her team from A Southern Soiree!! Gina ensured that everything was flawless and was so kind and professional throughout the entire process. She was so prompt when answering questions and when meeting with vendors she was incredibly helpful. Gina is truly gifted at what she does!! She made it so my family and I could completely relax and truly enjoy the wedding knowing that everything would be handled. She was so patient with us throughout the entire process! Honestly, my wedding came together perfectly and every little detail was so beautiful and came together exactly how I envisioned. Gina was able to keep things moving throughout the reception (which was about 200 guests, at The Bradford in April 2016) and even some of my guests commented that they had never seen a wedding planner who was so calm and kind. :)
    Thank you Gina for working so tirelessly on our behalf! Please know how truly grateful we are for all that you did! I would strongly encourage any bride to work with Gina and A Southern Soiree!!

Sent on 06/08/2016

Kate · Married on 12/31/2015

Trusting Megan and Gina with A Southern Soiree with our wedding could not have been a more rewarding decision.

The entire day would have been a completely different experience without Megan & Gina there. In general, if there is not someone in charge who I sincerely trust and is talented, I naturally jump to be a leader and fill the void. I take things in to my own hands, do thorough research, and become a mini-expert in whatever the subject area may be. I make my own check list so I can be sure the person in charge has thought of everything down to the little details, because I usually have (I'm a fundraiser for a living!).

After a few emails and meetings, it became clear that I was in good hands and that I could turn any decision over to Megan. That she would think of everything--and what's more, that she would do all of it much, much better than I could ever do myself. That I didn't need to run through each step to pinpoint details that may have been forgotten, I didn't even need to know what the details were!

Going in to the wedding weekend, I knew I did not have to be a leader--I could just experience it all. And honestly, there is no greater gift that anyone could have given me. Every bride talks about how their wedding day flies by. I already am the type of person that hates when good things come to an end. So I knew I was susceptible to "how is it already over?!" wedding depression.

But much to my surprise, the day didn't fly by. I remember every single moment, and I was able to experience each one in an incredibly present way. And all thanks to Megan and Gina.

I could not have possibly planned my wedding without Megan and Gina. They nailed every detail. But the end result was truly spectacular, and a day I will never forget. They are talented, professional and were a treat to work with. You really cannot go wrong, and will not be disappointed.

Sent on 02/28/2016