A Lively Event Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner

• Julia
    Julia H. Married on 06/11/2022

Katie is great!

We hired Katie as a month of coordinator for our wedding. Even prior to the month before our wedding we were able to talk to her a few times and start the process early, which was such a huge help! Katie is extremely knowledgeable about all things wedding related and thought of details that we had not even considered. She put so much thought and effort into making our day so special, and even had a several-hours-long zoom chat with us to iron out all of our ceremony and reception details. She was especially helpful the day of our wedding, where she was everywhere at once and took care of every little detail (like handing out our vendor tips so we didn't have to remember at the end of the night, directing our wedding party during the ceremony so we all knew what to do and when to do it, fixing my bouquet when it started to come apart, and being a tide pen wizard by making any stains disappear!) so we didn't have to worry about a thing. We had a lot of vendors the manage at our wedding, and Katie did lots of work behind the scenes to make sure they were all on the same page. If you're on the fence about hiring a wedding coordinator, we'd highly recommend at least having someone there day-of to help you just relax and enjoy your wedding, and Katie is so good at that!

A Lively Event's reply:

Thank you so much Julia! We enjoyed being a part of yours and Eric's wedding day! We wish you lots of love and happiness!

XOXO,
    Katie
  • Camerin
    Camerin B. Married on 06/04/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

A Lively Event Made My Wedding Happen!

My husband Alex and I got married in June of 2022 at Taconic Ridge Farm and we are so THANKFUL to have chosen Katie/A Lively Event for our day-of (but it was realistically MONTHS of help honestly) coordination. Katie was so warm and on top of everything and even reached out to us months in advance when our original venue had a fire to help us find a new one. She truly went above and beyond (she even lit our bonfire for us at the end of the night!) and I swear that if she was not there the entire event would have fallen apart!! Do yourself a MASSIVE favor and book Katie/A Lively Event for your wedding coordination, like, immediately!!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Kait R. Married on 03/06/2022

Made Our Wedding Happen!

Katie was brought in last minute when we had to change our plans due to COVID. The changes happened quickly in order for us to still get married on the date we planned while abiding by NYS regulations. We had to switch venues and had to elopement to keep our original date.

The venue hired Katie to help coordinate all of the logistics to make sure everything went smoothly. Katie listened to everything we were trying to accomplish in a short turnaround. She also made sure that all of the touches we had for our original plans with a large group were implemented so we could still enjoy the personalization we wanted. And of course, it rained, but Katie made sure I didn't have to worry about changing from outside to inside.

I recommend Katie 110%. You will not be disappointed! She is also so kind, fun, and made us feel so special on our big day.
  • Olivia
    Olivia H. Married on 10/02/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Stop what you're doing and hire her

Hiring Katie for our big day was easily one of the best decisions we made. I was one of those brides that didn't think I needed a wedding planner/event coordinator - let me tell you - you NEED Katie. Anytime you are unsure about something, she is right there to hear you out. Need to vent about planning? (trust me you will need to several times) - Katie will listen and make time for you. A Lively Event has several different packages to meet your needs and budgets. The bridesmaids and groomsmen adored Katie, our parents praised her as a godsend; I don't know what we would have done without her. We've never had the pleasure of meeting someone so compassionate about their work and making other peoples dreams come true - on one of the biggest days of their lives.
    Kaitlynn Married on 08/21/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Katie at A Lively Event is the Best!

Katie was the wedding planner for our August ‘21 wedding at 60 State and we couldn’t have been happier with her services. Katie helped plan the timeline for our day and met with us in person before the wedding along with a few phone calls to go over final details. Katie is a true professional - very knowledgeable, experienced and friendly which helped put us at ease as we approached the day of our wedding. Along with her assistant Amanda, Katie worked well with our wedding party and other vendors, who all had a lot of fun working with Katie and Amanda. We highly recommend Katie and can’t thank her enough for all of her help in making our dream wedding come true.
  • Juliet
    Juliet G. Married on 08/07/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Our Wedding Day Dreams Came True - and more!

When we decided to take our special day from a microwedding of 12 to a wedding of 75, we knew we needed help. Katie of A Lively Event is generous with her time, friendly and honest. A Lively Event introduced us to great venue and vendor options, and was familiar with the local vendors we wanted to work with. Katie is always on your side as the couple and her client. Katie went above and beyond to make sure we had everything we needed at a venue that required we bring in every single thing. Our wedding was unique, beautiful, fun and truly special. Thanks to Katie and Amanda, I did not have to worry about a single detail over the wedding weekend - they handled it all! I cannot emphasize enough the importance of having a wedding planner and coordinator. Without hesitation, we recommend A Lively Event and Katie!
    Chris T. Married on 05/06/2021

Katie was amazing!

Hiring Katie was the smartest decision we made during the wedding planning process. After handling the majority of preplanning, we chose to hire Katie so that we could actually enjoy the day and not be stressed about making sure all the details were done correctly. She more than met our expectations and we had a perfect day! Thank you Katie!!
    Patty E. Married on 10/17/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Don’t have your wedding without her!

If you’re planning a wedding or event and haven’t booked Katie/A Lively Event yet, stop what you’re doing and contact her! Our wedding was truly amazing thanks to Katie’s immense knowledge, creativity and hard work. She worked with our complicated venue and our non traditional requests and really made the wedding day the best day ever! She even helped us reschedule our wedding due to the pandemic. With the things she thought of for us, I think she’s just magical. Our only regret is not working with her sooner.
  • Quinn
    Quinn K. Married on 09/26/2020

Feel All the Love and No Stress on Your Wedding Day

You’ll hear it all the time that “your wedding day will fly by in the blink of an eye, so be sure to enjoy it.” Katie and the team at A Lively Event will make sure you do just that! She has a variety of planning packages to choose from, but we went with the month before and day of package. This means I located vendors and planned out details, then she executed the vision. I’m a crazy planner and I have to honestly say the day of was way better than my vision because of her! Katie isn’t afraid to get her hands dirty and will help with literally anything you need at any time of the day. When I had doubts that we’d pull it all together she also played the role of life coach and got me through it 😅 She has an eye for beauty and plans down to the last detail. Our day went off without a hitch and we had zero stress the day of the wedding. We were able to fully enjoy the meaning of the day and feel all the love around us. I would and will highly recommend Katie and A Lively Event to any future bride out there... we all know you do most of the wedding planning. Let Katie support you, you won’t regret it!
    Melissa L. Married on 09/19/2020

Absolutely amazing

I cannot express enough on how amazing Katie, the owner is. To say the least we have been through a lot over the course of 2 years.
    Covid made things extremely difficult, especially when it came time to change my venue & location all together. But Katie was there through it all.
    She made endless phone calls and met with numerous vendors to work things out-and YES in the end everything was PERFECT!!
    She is an expert in her field and goes WAY beyond for her clients.
    I would recommend her over and over and over.......
    Stephanie Married on 10/26/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Katie and her team were the absolute best! Katie was there every step of the way. On the day of the wedding, she arrived while hair and makeup was being done and was the very last to leave at the end of the night. There was an issue with the caterer and I was never even aware of it. Katie made sure to take care of it and make sure I didn't know about it until after my day was over. I don't know what we would have done without Katie and the A Lively Event team! I highly recommend you hire them! We had researched many other wedding planners and never for a second, worried about our choice of booking A Lively Event.

Stephanie,
    Thank you so much for allowing myself and my team to be a part of your day. We are glad we could make your day run smooth.

Best wishes for the future,
    Katie
    Virginia R. Married on 10/05/2019

The Remington Wedding

What a great experience! Our bride, Julie, was quite anxious about having everything fall into place. That’s where Katie and her staff came in. All emails, texts, and calls were responded to immediately! Katie also mediated between the bride and vendors, ensuring that Julie’s needs were met and, often exceeded. On the day of the wedding, things went so smoothly. Her staff even had a needle and thread on hand, so when the Father of the Groom lost a suit jacket button, it was immediately repaired. It was great to have someone else take care of details, so we could truly enjoy and adsorb the day. Katie and her staff were kind, professional, and thoughtful. They provide an invaluable service and I would recommend them in a heartbeat.
    Matt L. Married on 09/22/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Organized, kind, professional and fun! Look no further for a planner!

We (Beyond Bliss Films) worked with Katie and her team at a wedding back in September of 2018 in Lake George, NY.

We were absolutely blown away with the organization and communication they provided leading up to the wedding (Something we rarely get from any planners out there), as well as their professionalism and overall kindness towards us, fellow vendors, and of course the couple & guests.

If you’re looking for a planner that will not only keep your day stress-free, but also make sure it’s a great time look no further than A Lively Event!!! : )
  • Taylor
    Taylor B. Married on 09/14/2019

Weekend Coordinator Hero!

Katie was an incredible weekend coordinator! A couple of traits stood out to me:

1) We wanted a funky, fun, and unstuffy summer camp wedding weekend. I so appreciated the Katie always got this vision and didn’t try to force ideas on us that weren’t aligned.

2) My husband and I both have big, loud, and opinionated families. Katie kept the peace masterfully and shielded us from SO MUCH the whole weekend. I literally didn’t have to deal with any family drama and that is priceless.

3) Even though I’m a fairly detail oriented person, I forgot to do some pretty big things day of (I blame stress and lack of sleep!) Katie and her team stepped in masterfully to do things like finishing the name cards for tables that I had TOTALLY forgotten about and they did it with a smile.

If you feel like you’re organized enough to have a wedding without a coordinator or planner, trust me - you aren’t. Especially if you have a funky wedding that folks aren’t used to! Katie and her team were all smiles all weekend and I highly recommend a Lively Event!
  • Karolina
    Karolina Married on 08/31/2019

Cheerful Lifesaver

Katie and her team were incredible! We started planning our wedding while we were still living abroad, and Katie was extremely organized and helpful the whole way through. On the day, she was fantastic, helped with setup and breakdown, was always available when we needed her, and managed the other vendors very well. She somehow managed to be in a hundred places at once and made sure we were able to enjoy our entire day without having to worry about any of the little details. Katie is a superstar at what she does, and we really can't recommend her enough!
  • Cassandra
    Cassandra I. Married on 08/10/2019

Wouldn’t Have Made It Down The Aisle Without Katie

Katie and her team were phenomenal at my Adirondack wedding! I selected the month of package and Katie went above and beyond the whole time. Our venue was moderately challenging and we did not have a traditional caterer/catering team with our food trucks but I still wanted some services. Katie brought the most attentive team with her the day of the wedding, all of whom were super sweet and wonderful with anticipating the needs of our guests and jumped to move our beverage stations when it began to rain, even delivering snacks in the downpour. When we ran low on beer the team jumped into action and went and bought us more. Katie made sure that I was never concerned with any hiccups the entire day and even dealt with a vendor who was less than satisfactory for me so I didn’t need to worry about it. I was able to plan my perfect wedding day and hand it off to Katie to execute so I could live in the moment. Our day was perfect because of her team and I cannot imagine it happening without her!
    Jon V. Married on 08/03/2019

Pleasant to work with

She hired my business to remove trash from an event because the venue had no receptacle. She was very organized, and easy to work with. We were early so I was able to see the the professional manner in which she interacted with her clients and staff. The couple raved about how great she was. There was a small snag with the task we were hired to do, coupled with a mess from an all day rain but it went smoothly, thanks to her ability to think on her feet and her commitment to ensuring her couples a seamless experience. My crew even stayed to help break down the venue and clean up. From what I saw, I believe she's the best in the business, and an absolute delight to work with, and if you're looking for perfection, even in unforseen adversity, I'd suggest hiring Katie and her team. I hope to work with her again.
  • Nikki
    Nikki L. Married on 07/27/2019

Katie is an absolute ROCKSTAR

There are not enough incredible words to describe the amazing work she put into our wedding. My husband and I were planning our Vermont wedding while living in Australia, which was not an easy task. We got Katie on board 18 months before the wedding and it was the best decision we ever made. She was so patient in helping us find a venue and ended up finding the perfect spot after months of searching. Having someone so knowledgeable helping me plan was exactly what I needed to help me get through it all. Katie answered endless questions and was always happy to hop on FaceTime at 6am! When it came finally came to the wedding weekend I couldn’t have been more grateful for having Katie and her team there. She was able to organise a bridal party of 16 and keep 30 Australians on time all while making sure our 105 guests made it to our island ceremony. She truly does whatever it takes to make your big day as special as possible. She’s there when all of your table cloths come wrinkled, when you have to get 50 people across a lake by boat for the rehearsal and when you forgets your vows on the other side of the property just before the ceremony. She saved the day so many times and kept her calm every minute of it. I never had to stress about a thing because I knew she was always two steps ahead. Our wedding truly would not have been the same without her. I cannot recommend Katie, of A Lively Event, enough. She will make your wedding planning a breeze and your big day magical!
    Morgan Married on 06/21/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

I could cry thinking about how perfect Katie and A lively Event made our day!

If you think you don't need a wedding planner (like I originally thought), think again! Every bride NEEDS Katie and her company! She is unbelievably flexible and is so helpful in decision making and guidance. Prior to hiring Katie we had booked our venue and all of our vendors. We planned on doing everything ourselves, but I am so so so glad we had Katie to make our special day an absolute fairy tale! She was there on the other end of the phone for any questions, small or large, to reason with the anxious mind of a bride, came to the final dress fitting to ensure someone knew how to bustle the dress and was there the day of making sure everything went smoothly and even appeared out of nowhere when a safety pin was needed for a guests broken zipper and arranged for an uber ride for a grandparent who was too tired to wait for a shuttle to pick him up. Her assistant Audrey is a saving grace as well, who cleaned up our hotel room where we got ready before the ceremony and directed us step by step on where we needed to be, reminding us to drink water and have fun! Well worth budgeting for this wonderful planner!

Morgan,
    I do not even know how to reply to this! Thank you so much for your amazing review. It is great to know how much our service mean to a couple on their wedding day. We wish you and Michael lots of love, happiness, and laughter!
    XOXO,
    Katie, Audrey, & Katie
  • Brandi
    Brandi Married on 10/20/2018

Katie is the best!

Katie was the best to work with. She was so easy to talk with and always one step ahead. She and her team were very professional, but she also was so committed to our vision and making us happy that she felt more like a friend, even my family and friends loved her! She went above and beyond before, on, and after the day for us. I'm a DIY bride so initially I never thought I needed a planner, but I was so happy I chose to get one, and even more excited that I chose katie. We had to worry about nothing and we truly had the best day ever!! If you are lucky to get katie and her team you will absolutely be happy you did!
    Julie R. Married on 10/13/2018

My perfect day

Where do I begin with A Lively Events!? I was a very anxious bride and had no idea how everything was going to come together for our wedding on 10/13/18. We Booked Katie a year out for the Month of Package and she went above & beyond for us. She checked in with me throughout the year making sure everything was on track and helped keep me organized. I truly don't know what I would have done without her. Once September rolled around, Katie was available and always responded timely in getting back to my 1000s of texts and emails. She was organized and remembered every last detail I wanted. She was my voice and stood up for me, when I was afraid to speak up for myself about what I truly wanted. I had a vision and all the supplies, but Katie truly went above and beyond in decorating our venue and without her it wouldn't have happened. Because of her and her staff, everything ran smoothly at the rehearsal and on the day of, she made sure everyone was on time and knew exactly what they were doing. At our reception, she was right by my side and made sure I had a great time. She also took care of my parents, and the groom's parents and made sure they had everything they needed. I will never be able to thank her enough and I would recommend to any anxious brides out there to choose A Lively Events, you will not regret it!!!

A Lively Event's reply:

Thank you Julie! We absolutely loved being a part of your day. I am going to miss your thousands of texts and emails! I wish you and Charles nothing but love, laughter, and happiness.
    Cassandra Married on 10/06/2018

Best ever!

Katie and her team went above and beyond every step of the way! From the day we booked A Lively Event, I knew we were in great hands. Katie had a client portal for us with so much information, which really helped to guide us throughout the entire process. We are so thankful we booked with A Lively Event. They were worth every penny and even more. I would have paid much more to have A Lively Event with us on our wedding day!
    Erin M. Married on 08/11/2018

Awesome Experience!

I am thrilled to write this glowing review for Katie Hamuka and her team at A Lively Event. My daughter recently got married and we were lucky enough to hire Katie about 6 weeks before the wedding date. As the MOB, I spent countless hours, over a year in advance, in planning every detail for my only daughter’s fairy tale wedding. As we got closer to the wedding, I realized that I was unsure how all of the details and moving parts were going to be executed. I quickly became overwhelmed. My daughter, however, became adamant about hiring a day-of wedding planner to help execute those details. I wasn’t fully on board, but I went along with it. As I look back on the success of the wedding day, I am sure that it would have been a very different day if we did not have Katie and her team. The month before my daughter’s wedding, my mantra was, “We will have Katie do that.” Honestly, I don’t know how she did it, but she didn’t miss a beat!!
    Katie and her team covered 4 different locations throughout the day and night that included the details and itinerary for a bridal party of 18 people and a guest list of 200 people, all on a very rainy day. The church and reception venues required a lot of pre set-up, as well as take-down at the end of a very late night- both of which Katie had a big hand in. She is skilled at anticipating the needs of the day and then acting. Katie worked beyond expectation with a top-notch work ethic, lots of smiles and positive thoughts for everyone, in a sweet and extremely likeable, take-charge manner. Katie planned with my daughter and I, as well as the other vendors, in advance to carry out our vision for the day. She is extremely trustworthy and honest, and I always felt that Katie truly cared as much as I did about making my daughter’s wedding a once in a lifetime event.
    Throughout the planning process, everyone kept telling me that I had to enjoy the wedding day, as it would go by very quickly and it would hold precious memories that I didn’t want to miss. Katie was truly the key to my being able to fully take in the day. I didn’t know how much I needed Katie, or how much she would influence the day, until I hired her. She will not disappoint, and you will be so happy if you hire the team at A Lively Event.

Briella Married on 06/09/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Katie went above and beyond, BEYOND to help us with a situation at our wedding that was not her responsibility to deal with while she was there working the event with our caterer. Katie jumped in and kept my new husband and I calm and happy by ensuring everything continued to run smoothly when our hired coordinator left our wedding early. She prompted our DJ when he needed to be prompted, set up our favor table, put us where we needed to be, ran around to ensure both our guests and we were happy and so, SO much more. Katie is definitely in the right field for her career and is the only person you need coordinating your wedding whether you need a little help ahead of time or a whole lot of help. Throughout the planning and putting things together process, Katie was so on top of emailing us through our caterer Rouge Hospitality Group / Wandering Dago and ensuring we were checking all of the boxes that needed to be checked. She worked seamlessly with them and was so on top of everything. She checked in with us multiple times during the wedding and made she we had no idea what hiccups were occurring in the background, they were all handled by her. She is such an awesome and dedicated person that really knows what she is doing and how to do it. If you're planning a wedding and are looking for some help, she will be worth every penny out your wedding budget on your big day. Trust me, don't pass her up.

Briella & Zach Brechtel

A Lively Event's reply:

How did I not respond to this Briella! I am so glad I was able to be there to help you on your wedding day! It was my pleasure to be a part of it and help you through everything! I miss you guys. Hope all is well

XOXOXO