A Lively Event Reviews

30 Reviews for A Lively Event

• Chris

Chris Torncello · Getting married on 05/06/2021

Katie was amazing!

Hiring Katie was the smartest decision we made during the wedding planning process. After handling the majority of preplanning, we chose to hire Katie so that we could actually enjoy the day and not be stressed about making sure all the details were done correctly. She more than met our expectations and we had a perfect day! Thank you Katie!!

Sent on 02/18/2020

Stephanie · Married on 10/26/2019

Katie and her team were the absolute best! Katie was there every step of the way. On the day of the wedding, she arrived while hair and makeup was being done and was the very last to leave at the end of the night. There was an issue with the caterer and I was never even aware of it. Katie made sure to take care of it and make sure I didn't know about it until after my day was over. I don't know what we would have done without Katie and the A Lively Event team! I highly recommend you hire them! We had researched many other wedding planners and never for a second, worried about our choice of booking A Lively Event.

Sent on 05/22/2017

Stephanie,
    Thank you so much for allowing myself and my team to be a part of your day. We are glad we could make your day run smooth.

Best wishes for the future,

Virginia Remington · Married on 10/05/2019

The Remington Wedding

What a great experience! Our bride, Julie, was quite anxious about having everything fall into place. That’s where Katie and her staff came in. All emails, texts, and calls were responded to immediately! Katie also mediated between the bride and vendors, ensuring that Julie’s needs were met and, often exceeded. On the day of the wedding, things went so smoothly. Her staff even had a needle and thread on hand, so when the Father of the Groom lost a suit jacket button, it was immediately repaired. It was great to have someone else take care of details, so we could truly enjoy and adsorb the day. Katie and her staff were kind, professional, and thoughtful. They provide an invaluable service and I would recommend them in a heartbeat.

Sent on 10/18/2018

Matt Levins · Married on 09/22/2019

Organized, kind, professional and fun! Look no further for a planner!

We (Beyond Bliss Films) worked with Katie and her team at a wedding back in September of 2018 in Lake George, NY.

We were absolutely blown away with the organization and communication they provided leading up to the wedding (Something we rarely get from any planners out there), as well as their professionalism and overall kindness towards us, fellow vendors, and of course the couple & guests.

If you’re looking for a planner that will not only keep your day stress-free, but also make sure it’s a great time look no further than A Lively Event!!! : )

Sent on 07/02/2019
  • Taylor

Taylor Barnes Lord · Married on 09/14/2019

Weekend Coordinator Hero!

Katie was an incredible weekend coordinator! A couple of traits stood out to me:

1) We wanted a funky, fun, and unstuffy summer camp wedding weekend. I so appreciated the Katie always got this vision and didn’t try to force ideas on us that weren’t aligned.

2) My husband and I both have big, loud, and opinionated families. Katie kept the peace masterfully and shielded us from SO MUCH the whole weekend. I literally didn’t have to deal with any family drama and that is priceless.

3) Even though I’m a fairly detail oriented person, I forgot to do some pretty big things day of (I blame stress and lack of sleep!) Katie and her team stepped in masterfully to do things like finishing the name cards for tables that I had TOTALLY forgotten about and they did it with a smile.

If you feel like you’re organized enough to have a wedding without a coordinator or planner, trust me - you aren’t. Especially if you have a funky wedding that folks aren’t used to! Katie and her team were all smiles all weekend and I highly recommend a Lively Event!

Sent on 11/13/2019
  • Karolina

Karolina · Married on 08/31/2019

Cheerful Lifesaver

Katie and her team were incredible! We started planning our wedding while we were still living abroad, and Katie was extremely organized and helpful the whole way through. On the day, she was fantastic, helped with setup and breakdown, was always available when we needed her, and managed the other vendors very well. She somehow managed to be in a hundred places at once and made sure we were able to enjoy our entire day without having to worry about any of the little details. Katie is a superstar at what she does, and we really can't recommend her enough!

Sent on 11/18/2019
  • Cassandra

Cassandra Izzo · Married on 08/10/2019

Wouldn’t Have Made It Down The Aisle Without Katie

Katie and her team were phenomenal at my Adirondack wedding! I selected the month of package and Katie went above and beyond the whole time. Our venue was moderately challenging and we did not have a traditional caterer/catering team with our food trucks but I still wanted some services. Katie brought the most attentive team with her the day of the wedding, all of whom were super sweet and wonderful with anticipating the needs of our guests and jumped to move our beverage stations when it began to rain, even delivering snacks in the downpour. When we ran low on beer the team jumped into action and went and bought us more. Katie made sure that I was never concerned with any hiccups the entire day and even dealt with a vendor who was less than satisfactory for me so I didn’t need to worry about it. I was able to plan my perfect wedding day and hand it off to Katie to execute so I could live in the moment. Our day was perfect because of her team and I cannot imagine it happening without her!

Sent on 08/30/2019

Jon Valli · Married on 08/03/2019

Pleasant to work with

She hired my business to remove trash from an event because the venue had no receptacle. She was very organized, and easy to work with. We were early so I was able to see the the professional manner in which she interacted with her clients and staff. The couple raved about how great she was. There was a small snag with the task we were hired to do, coupled with a mess from an all day rain but it went smoothly, thanks to her ability to think on her feet and her commitment to ensuring her couples a seamless experience. My crew even stayed to help break down the venue and clean up. From what I saw, I believe she's the best in the business, and an absolute delight to work with, and if you're looking for perfection, even in unforseen adversity, I'd suggest hiring Katie and her team. I hope to work with her again.

Sent on 12/30/2019
  • Nikki

Nikki Lee · Married on 07/27/2019

Katie is an absolute ROCKSTAR

There are not enough incredible words to describe the amazing work she put into our wedding. My husband and I were planning our Vermont wedding while living in Australia, which was not an easy task. We got Katie on board 18 months before the wedding and it was the best decision we ever made. She was so patient in helping us find a venue and ended up finding the perfect spot after months of searching. Having someone so knowledgeable helping me plan was exactly what I needed to help me get through it all. Katie answered endless questions and was always happy to hop on FaceTime at 6am! When it came finally came to the wedding weekend I couldn’t have been more grateful for having Katie and her team there. She was able to organise a bridal party of 16 and keep 30 Australians on time all while making sure our 105 guests made it to our island ceremony. She truly does whatever it takes to make your big day as special as possible. She’s there when all of your table cloths come wrinkled, when you have to get 50 people across a lake by boat for the rehearsal and when you forgets your vows on the other side of the property just before the ceremony. She saved the day so many times and kept her calm every minute of it. I never had to stress about a thing because I knew she was always two steps ahead. Our wedding truly would not have been the same without her. I cannot recommend Katie, of A Lively Event, enough. She will make your wedding planning a breeze and your big day magical!

Sent on 10/27/2019

Morgan · Married on 06/21/2019

I could cry thinking about how perfect Katie and A lively Event made our day!

If you think you don't need a wedding planner (like I originally thought), think again! Every bride NEEDS Katie and her company! She is unbelievably flexible and is so helpful in decision making and guidance. Prior to hiring Katie we had booked our venue and all of our vendors. We planned on doing everything ourselves, but I am so so so glad we had Katie to make our special day an absolute fairy tale! She was there on the other end of the phone for any questions, small or large, to reason with the anxious mind of a bride, came to the final dress fitting to ensure someone knew how to bustle the dress and was there the day of making sure everything went smoothly and even appeared out of nowhere when a safety pin was needed for a guests broken zipper and arranged for an uber ride for a grandparent who was too tired to wait for a shuttle to pick him up. Her assistant Audrey is a saving grace as well, who cleaned up our hotel room where we got ready before the ceremony and directed us step by step on where we needed to be, reminding us to drink water and have fun! Well worth budgeting for this wonderful planner!

Sent on 07/03/2019

Morgan,
    I do not even know how to reply to this! Thank you so much for your amazing review. It is great to know how much our service mean to a couple on their wedding day. We wish you and Michael lots of love, happiness, and laughter!
    XOXO,
    Katie, Audrey, & Katie
  • Brandi

Brandi · Married on 10/20/2018

Katie is the best!

Katie was the best to work with. She was so easy to talk with and always one step ahead. She and her team were very professional, but she also was so committed to our vision and making us happy that she felt more like a friend, even my family and friends loved her! She went above and beyond before, on, and after the day for us. I'm a DIY bride so initially I never thought I needed a planner, but I was so happy I chose to get one, and even more excited that I chose katie. We had to worry about nothing and we truly had the best day ever!! If you are lucky to get katie and her team you will absolutely be happy you did!

Sent on 05/06/2019

Julie Remington · Married on 10/13/2018

My perfect day

Where do I begin with A Lively Events!? I was a very anxious bride and had no idea how everything was going to come together for our wedding on 10/13/18. We Booked Katie a year out for the Month of Package and she went above & beyond for us. She checked in with me throughout the year making sure everything was on track and helped keep me organized. I truly don't know what I would have done without her. Once September rolled around, Katie was available and always responded timely in getting back to my 1000s of texts and emails. She was organized and remembered every last detail I wanted. She was my voice and stood up for me, when I was afraid to speak up for myself about what I truly wanted. I had a vision and all the supplies, but Katie truly went above and beyond in decorating our venue and without her it wouldn't have happened. Because of her and her staff, everything ran smoothly at the rehearsal and on the day of, she made sure everyone was on time and knew exactly what they were doing. At our reception, she was right by my side and made sure I had a great time. She also took care of my parents, and the groom's parents and made sure they had everything they needed. I will never be able to thank her enough and I would recommend to any anxious brides out there to choose A Lively Events, you will not regret it!!!

Sent on 10/18/2018

A Lively Event's reply:

Thank you Julie! We absolutely loved being a part of your day. I am going to miss your thousands of texts and emails! I wish you and Charles nothing but love, laughter, and happiness.

Cassandra · Married on 10/06/2018

Best ever!

Katie and her team went above and beyond every step of the way! From the day we booked A Lively Event, I knew we were in great hands. Katie had a client portal for us with so much information, which really helped to guide us throughout the entire process. We are so thankful we booked with A Lively Event. They were worth every penny and even more. I would have paid much more to have A Lively Event with us on our wedding day!

Sent on 03/28/2019

Erin Mack · Married on 08/11/2018

Awesome Experience!

I am thrilled to write this glowing review for Katie Hamuka and her team at A Lively Event. My daughter recently got married and we were lucky enough to hire Katie about 6 weeks before the wedding date. As the MOB, I spent countless hours, over a year in advance, in planning every detail for my only daughter’s fairy tale wedding. As we got closer to the wedding, I realized that I was unsure how all of the details and moving parts were going to be executed. I quickly became overwhelmed. My daughter, however, became adamant about hiring a day-of wedding planner to help execute those details. I wasn’t fully on board, but I went along with it. As I look back on the success of the wedding day, I am sure that it would have been a very different day if we did not have Katie and her team. The month before my daughter’s wedding, my mantra was, “We will have Katie do that.” Honestly, I don’t know how she did it, but she didn’t miss a beat!!
    Katie and her team covered 4 different locations throughout the day and night that included the details and itinerary for a bridal party of 18 people and a guest list of 200 people, all on a very rainy day. The church and reception venues required a lot of pre set-up, as well as take-down at the end of a very late night- both of which Katie had a big hand in. She is skilled at anticipating the needs of the day and then acting. Katie worked beyond expectation with a top-notch work ethic, lots of smiles and positive thoughts for everyone, in a sweet and extremely likeable, take-charge manner. Katie planned with my daughter and I, as well as the other vendors, in advance to carry out our vision for the day. She is extremely trustworthy and honest, and I always felt that Katie truly cared as much as I did about making my daughter’s wedding a once in a lifetime event.
    Throughout the planning process, everyone kept telling me that I had to enjoy the wedding day, as it would go by very quickly and it would hold precious memories that I didn’t want to miss. Katie was truly the key to my being able to fully take in the day. I didn’t know how much I needed Katie, or how much she would influence the day, until I hired her. She will not disappoint, and you will be so happy if you hire the team at A Lively Event.

Sent on 11/05/2018

Briella · Married on 06/09/2018

Katie went above and beyond, BEYOND to help us with a situation at our wedding that was not her responsibility to deal with while she was there working the event with our caterer. Katie jumped in and kept my new husband and I calm and happy by ensuring everything continued to run smoothly when our hired coordinator left our wedding early. She prompted our DJ when he needed to be prompted, set up our favor table, put us where we needed to be, ran around to ensure both our guests and we were happy and so, SO much more. Katie is definitely in the right field for her career and is the only person you need coordinating your wedding whether you need a little help ahead of time or a whole lot of help. Throughout the planning and putting things together process, Katie was so on top of emailing us through our caterer Rouge Hospitality Group / Wandering Dago and ensuring we were checking all of the boxes that needed to be checked. She worked seamlessly with them and was so on top of everything. She checked in with us multiple times during the wedding and made she we had no idea what hiccups were occurring in the background, they were all handled by her. She is such an awesome and dedicated person that really knows what she is doing and how to do it. If you're planning a wedding and are looking for some help, she will be worth every penny out your wedding budget on your big day. Trust me, don't pass her up.

Briella & Zach Brechtel

Sent on 06/11/2018

A Lively Event's reply:

How did I not respond to this Briella! I am so glad I was able to be there to help you on your wedding day! It was my pleasure to be a part of it and help you through everything! I miss you guys. Hope all is well

XOXOXO
  • Desiree

Desiree · Married on 10/07/2017

Katie was extremely helpful and made the whole wedding process so stress-free and easy. We thought we had everything planned and under control until the month before the wedding. We had last minute DIY projects to complete every night after work and did not have time to worry about confirming with vendors and answering all their questions about details and etc. We were in desperate need of help! I saw an ad for A Lively Event on Facebook and decided to reach out to see if she was available on our wedding date and the cost. We purchased the Day-Of Package and it was the BEST thing we could have ever done (even my hubby agrees and he was totally against the idea of a wedding planner at first)! My husband and I wish we hired Katie from the very beginning. She is an excellent investment. Not only is she a huge help with wedding planning- she also comes with so many connections with other vendors, and ideas for setup. It was so nice to have someone there on the wedding day to deal with all the small details that you don't want to worry about on your big day. She always made sure that I looked good before every photo was taken and she even let me keep my lip gloss in her back pocket for touch ups (which was very helpful)! If we could change anything it would be booking Katie earlier in the wedding planning process. Katie is an excellent person inside and out and my husband and I can not thank her enough for everything!! Do yourself a favor and BOOK with Katie!!!

Sent on 10/22/2017
  • I

Imbi · Married on 08/26/2017

Without A Lively Event, our 200+ person wedding would not have been the perfect day that it was! Katie was easy (and fun) to work with, and had tips/tricks that cannot be found on the big wedding blogs across the internet. I live in MA, so I appreciated that she accepted PayPal as means of payment, and was accommodating to communication mostly via email and phone call.

Quick anecdote: At the beginning of our reception, my husband and I realized that we forgot to bring snacks for our after party, Katie took the lead on ordering pizzas later in the evening and stayed later than she was scheduled to, to make sure everything turned out okay.

We would book Katie again in a heartbeat. Thank you for your enthusiasm, professionalism, and attention to detail!

Sent on 09/09/2017

Kate · Married on 08/12/2017

First I would like to say Thank you to A Lively Event-Wedding for helping all our wedding day dreams come true! Anyone that is looking for a wedding planner for your big day Look No Further! We lived over 3000 miles away from our wedding venue which is never easy and everyone was from out of town. From day one they helped me find the best (DJ, photographer, fireworks, florist, food and the list goes on). Once the weekend started they were on every detail I am not even sure how they got it all done but it was beyond our wildest dreams. They spent so many hours working on every detail I truly can't thank them enough. On the day of the wedding they knew what I need before I did, they kept me calm when I must have looked very stressed it was like having a best friend next to you all day long into the wee hours when you partied to hard. Then the following day they were there to clean up with smiles on! I can't say enough amazing things about A Lively Event they truly are the best!!! Love always Kate and Vinny

Sent on 09/28/2017

Jessica · Married on 10/01/2016

When preparing for my wedding, Katie went above and beyond to be there and assist with every little detail! She dedicated so much time and energy in ensuring my day was personalized to my liking and she had the most creative ideas! If you're looking for someone to plan your event, A Lively Event is the best place to go through. They truly turn their client's dream into a reality and they do so with the utmost service, keeping their client's needs and wants at the top of their list. I would highly recommend A Lively Event to assist you on your next event and every event thereafter! They're an absolute pleasure to work with!

Sent on 05/25/2017

A Lively Event's reply:

Thank you so much Jessica for the review! I was thrilled to be a part of your wedding.
    Best Wishes for the Future and Lots of Love,

Lori · Married on 08/27/2016

Katie and her team were phenominal. We used A Lively Event for my daughter's wedding and I didn't have to worry about a thing the entire day. Being able to hand over the coordination and stress on that day was priceless. Thank you Katie for everything!

Sent on 11/06/2016

A Lively Event's reply:

Thank you Lori! It was a pleasure to be part of your daughter's wedding. It was truly an amazing experience and one I will never forget! ❤️

Lindon · Married on 08/20/2016

Where To Start! First Of, Katie is one of the sweetest, down to earth, reliable and fun person I have ever met. Her and her team are very prompt and professional! Secondly A Lively event will go above and beyond the call of duty; they always find a way to make things done. Lastly, EXPERIENCE matters: the team were able to make excellent recommendations and anticipate any problems. It's inevitable, things happen; we had a couple hiccups (No Fault of A Lively Event), they stepped right up to help out. A++ service. Highly recommend them! Our 2016 Carnival Wedding was a dream come true!

Sent on 01/23/2017

A Lively Event's reply:

Wow Lindon! Thank you so much for this review. We are so happy to hear your thoughts about us and our service.

Best wishes and lots of love!

Mary · Married on 08/20/2016

I looked into a few recommended wedding planners for my wedding this past August..A Lively Event was reccomended to me by multiple people on social media and after contacting Katie she met me right away. She had an answer to every question, prepared with a portfolio for me to take home and review before making any decisions. Although I knew right away that she was the one who I would be choosing and trusting with our wedding I took it home and went over my choices ultimately deciding on her. With the best rates, the outgoing yet not pushy attitude and someone who could take my vision out of my head and turn it to life! That is exactly what she did! My biggest concern was staying on top of everything, knowing I would not have the time to worry about vendors and timelines I knew I needed help! Katie nailed it! She contacted all my vendors for me, printed out time lines, placement charts and made sure that everything went smoothly! I never had to worry about a thing! My car was even loaded for me that night with my cards, gifts and decor! Our day was exactly how we pictured it and we couldn't have done it without her service! The amount of service you get for the price is unbeatable! Highly recommend!

Sent on 05/22/2017

Christina · Married on 10/03/2015

I can't say enough about Katie with A Lively Event. She is simply wonderful. My husband and I planned a lot of our wedding and hired Katie mostly for the day of. She went above and beyond for us and was available to us whenever I had a thought or concern. The stress got to me... I won't lie. Planning a wedding is not easy and shouldn't be stressful but a lot of uncontrollable factors came into play that made things a bit more stressful and I honestly wished I hired her for the whole process. She was always there even lending an ear. The day of our wedding went so smoothly and even though I forgot my husbands cuff links she made it work. We were short a boutonnière and she made that work and you wouldn't have even known. When I couldn't make up my mind she was there, when things were stressing me out she was there. She was not only a wedding coordinator for us but ended up as a good friend. So thank you A Lively Event for making our wedding so memorable and special.

Sent on 10/18/2015

A Lively Event's reply:

Thank you Christina! We truly loved being a part of your day and coming up with creative solutions!

Love you guys!

Courtney · Married on 08/28/2015

I chose A Lively Event to rent some items for my wedding. Each of our interactions were timely and professional. Katie was a great help and wonderful to bounce ideas back and forth with. I definitely recommend A Lively Event.

Sent on 10/13/2015

A Lively Event's reply:

Thank you so much Courtney!

Leigha · Married on 06/27/2015

When my sister told me about Katie I was so excited to first meet with her and see if she could help make our wedding come true. Katie is so friendly warm out going generous and kind I couldn't have found anyone better to be a part of our special day. Katie and I were in contact on almost a daily basis from the time we met until the day I said I do she was there to bounce ideas off of help with planning picking up decorations and made a very special brooch bouquet for me. She reassured me time and time again that everything would work out and everything would fall together beautifully just as it dead we got married at a venue where we had to bring in every thing she was so helpful in making sure that everything was set up beautiful and even broken down and brought back to our home that nightshe worked with all of our vendors and everyone couldn't tell me enough how wonderful she was to work with she made my mind at ease at times where wedding things became stressful and at the end of the day at the end of our wedding everything was perfect and Mike and I truly believe that was all thanks to Katie.

Lots of love ,

Mike and Leigha rosenbeger

Sent on 07/02/2015

Leigha,

Thank you so much for your amazing review! It was an honor to be part of your special day! I wish you and Mike a lifetime of happiness!