8 Reviews for 48 Fields Farm

Parking (3)
Indoor (2)
Uncovered Outdoor (2)
8 48 Fields Farm Reviews

My husband and I recently got married at 48 Fields and it was absolute perfection. This is actually the only venue that we toured and we instantly knew that this was the right place. We wanted a rustic vibe and the ability to accommodate a small amount of guests. Kelly and Steve are amazing to work with, and were so nice about accommodating our small wedding, which technically fell under the "elopement" category. We had our ceremony at the top of the barn, which is absolutely breathtaking, and our small cocktail hour on the deck. The venue also has so many great photo locations, we have seen a preview of our photos and the scenery is just unbelievable. It was all perfect. I cannot recommend this venue enough, go take a look and you'll see why!!

Profile Picture Bree, 10/20/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

48 Fields Farm is a beautiful and scenic location to celebrate a special occassion in Virginia's wine country. There are different options for you to choose from in how you'd like to have your wedding at the site from ways to orient your outdoor ceremony to how you'd like to set up an indoor version if the weather doesn't cooperate. There is space in the downstairs area of the barn for the indoor ceremony option as well as cocktail hour for your guests. In the upstairs reception area, there is a ton of space for dinner and dancing and the decor is lovely. An outdoor deck attached to the upstairs allows guests to congregate outside. Reception tables and chairs are provided along with setup. There is plenty of parking on site though we would recommend securing shuttle options for your guests, especially if alcohol is being consumed. Now, holding a wedding in rural wine country does have some drawbacks. As mentioned, the venue is out in the bush, on rural, dirt roads and a long way from any hotel options. There are no restroom facilities on site but don't panic. Part of the venue cost includes the use of restroom trailer options. These are a lot nicer than you may think and include climate control. But speaking of climate control, there is no heat or air conditioning in the venue. Our wedding was held on an unseasonably hot and humid October day. We and our guests were melting and there were limited fans on site. It turns out, they have some auxiliary air conditioning options to choose from but we weren’t made aware of this beforehand. We would definitely recommend checking into these options no matter when you’re planning to get married. But all in all, we had a nearly perfect wedding day at a nearly perfect wedding venue and are very happy with our choice of getting married at 48 Fields.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Caitlin, 10/8/17, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Parking

When my husband and I decided we wanted to have a private, intimate elopement ceremony instead of a big wedding, I went on the hunt for the perfect venue that met my needs and the vision I had set for my intimate ceremony. After some searching on Google, I was ever so lucky to stumble upon 48 Fields. As soon as I glanced through the pictures of the venue on their site, I was in love! Going to see the venue in person was even more amazing. Kelly and her husband were extremely kind and informative. They showed us the venue, top to bottom, and answered any questions we had. Even after booking, I proceeded to email Kelly and ask her about a thousand more [sometimes mundane] questions, yet she was always responsive and kind.

The ceremony day: The day of the event was perfection! Setting up was a breeze, as Kelly and her husband were very helpful in coordinating and making sure the 9 family members we had knew where to go and what to do. The venue itself was BEAUTIFUL, so photographing was so easy... we literally ran out of film! There are so many spots to take breathtaking photos. I am still gushing over my photos!

Overall, this venue is VERY reasonably priced, compared to other venues in the DMV area, yet it's gorgeous from end to end, the location is perfect, and the owners are amazing to work with. No complaints other than I wish I could relive the day again :).

Profile Picture venus, 8/12/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We eloped at 48 Fields in August, and everything was great! Such a nice site to hold anything from a small elopement like ours to a larger event. The owners were extremely responsive, and would recommend them to another couple looking to do the same thing.

Profile Picture Zach, 8/5/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I were so pleased when our wedding planner recommended 48 Fields and we visited. It is such a beautiful place, nestled in beautiful Virginia farm land, its so relaxing, rustic, and peaceful out there. There renovated old dairy barn is breathtaking, exactly what we wanted. It was so perfect for the ceremony downstairs and a reception upstairs. they had just finished building a beautiful deck too that branched off from the upper reception area, it was so perfect! I highly recommend this venue! It was perfect for our dream wedding!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Kelly, 5/6/17, 9 Reviews
Services Used: Parking, Indoor

Kelly & Steve were super nice and incredibly helpful. Considering ours was an end of or even off season wedding, they went above and beyond to make sure everything was to our liking. The space is beautiful and anyone looking for an old world, rustic ( but lovingly renovated ), venue, would do well to give them a call!

Profile Picture Jim & Keila, 1/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

As soon as my husband and I walked into 48 Fields, we were in love. The barn is absolutely beautiful, and it we were able to use the entire venue for the wedding. We had our ceremony outside in a stunning field, our cocktail hour was in the amazing white washed first floor, and our reception was upstairs in an are with amazing vaulted bar ceilings. We wanted a rustic, but not country, wedding, and 48 Fields matched that vibe perfectly. Kelly and Steve (the owners) were AMAZING to work with, and were always available to answer any questions we had throughout the process. We couldn't have had a better wedding, and we are so happy that we were one of the first couples to get married at this amazing venue.

Profile Picture Ami, 11/5/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Parking, Uncovered Outdoor
4.7

This site is gorgeous and one of the reasons my husband and I picked it was because it felt very unique. The barn is beautifully refurbished where it feels fancy enough for a wedding but not stuffy. We loved the rustic vibe of the top floor, but the bottom floor has a much more finished look. We wanted a more casual and rustic wedding (but not country) and it came off perfectly in this setting. Kelly was great to work with and really responsive to the million questions we asked. We were one of the first couples to host a big wedding here and Kelly made us feel so confident it would go off without a hitch, and it did! I would recommend this for a bride who likes to be more hands on only because you have to bring in almost everything but that leaves a lot of room to make it your own. If you have good weather there is so much great outdoor space to utilize too. We couldn't have picked a better place to get married. I highly recommend it!

Profile Picture Jessica, 9/17/16, 1 Review