23Eleven Events Reviews

30 | Royal Oak, MI

30 Reviews for 23Eleven Events

Erica · Married on 07/08/2017

I hired Nicole to be my partial planner and it was the best decision I made. Nicole with the help of Bethany surpassed every expectation I had. Nicole helped me stay on track through my wedding planning process, she helped me find vendors, look through contracts, plan my decor, organize my timeline - etc. Nicole and Bethany set up my ceremony and reception venue and they both took my breath away - I can still here the gasps as people walked into my reception venue. They were on top of everything through the entire night and still had smiles on their faces when they were cleaning up the room at 1AM! They made my husband and I feel at ease and relaxed on our wedding day. Nicole is professional, organized, and kind - I can't recommend 23eleven events enough! Worth every penny!

Sent on 07/10/2017

Kimberly · Married on 09/18/2015

We had Sarah and Nicole as our day-of coordinators and I have no idea what we would have done without them. We met with Amy for the consultation and did most of our communicating with her until about a month before the wedding. Amy was incredibly helpful through the planning process and was always willing to give insight and advice when we had random issues or questions. Sarah and Nicole met with me once in person about a month before, and I opted for a phone meeting for our second the week before. Both Sarah and Nicole were also incredibly helpful and took the information I brought to make the day run smoothly. They both came to the rehearsal and basically ran it. The day of, they showed up to the venue before anyone else and oversaw vendor deliveries and setup. Anything that needed to get done, they did so that my husband, myself, and our VIPs could focus on enjoying ourselves instead of running around. Once the reception started, they even brought me drinks! We definitely would not have been able to enjoy our day nearly as much if not for these ladies!! One thing I would have done differently is adjust my budget to allow for their wedding planning services instead of just day-of coordination. Wedding planning is a lot more stressful than I anticipated and it would have been 100% worth it. I highly recommend 23 Eleven Events!

Sent on 10/28/2015
  • ***

Brynn · Married on 05/30/2015

We were nervous about planning our out-of-state wedding (planning in Chicago, held in Ann Arbor) and decided to reach out to 23Eleven Events. From the very beginning they were great! They handled both our floral arrangements as well as our Day of Coordinating. Amy and Sarah helped to make sure that all of the details on our big day were taken care of - from place cards to fielding vendors - they handled of everything! Our centerpieces were absolutely gorgeous and so many guests remarked on how gorgeous my bouquet was. Overall, we could not have asked for a more wonderful group to work with. I highly recommend 23Eleven Events to anyone looking for planning and/or decoration help.

Sent on 06/02/2015

Betsy · Married on 09/27/2014

Since our youngest daughter has worked in the event planning industry, we originally believed we would be able to handle our oldest daughter’s out of town wedding without additional help. What a mistake that would have been!
    As the wedding approached, we began to get more concerned about our ability to manage the many details of the event, as well as arrange all the décor, and still be able to enjoy our daughter’s special day. The fact that our youngest daughter was also the maid of honor, and would naturally be spending a lot of the day helping her sister, also meant she would not have a lot of time to be our event planner that day.
    Just ten days before the wedding, our youngest daughter contacted Amy to see if 23Eleven Events was available, and would be willing to step in at the last minute to help us out. Fortunately for us, the answer was YES!
    From the moment I met Amy (six days before the wedding), I began to relax. We had a lot of detailed décor, and extensive notes about how we had intended to set up the ceremony site and reception room, thanks to our youngest daughter. Amy went through everything with us, made some excellent suggestions, and said, “OK, leave it to me.”
    Amy and her staff (Sarah and Jeremy) took the ball and ran with it. They were professional, efficient, courteous, and so easy to work with. Truthfully, I do not know how we could have managed without 23Eleven. It really seemed like they were family, rather than a company we had hired.
    Deciding to hire a wedding planner ten days before a wedding – who does this?? Although I would not recommend waiting as long as we did, I definitely recommend choosing Amy and 23Eleven to plan and coordinate a wedding - or any event! They are FANTASTIC!

Sent on 09/30/2014

Alison · Married on 09/27/2014

After my mom decided to hire Amy at the last minute to provide day-of-coordination for my wedding, I cannot imagine the event without her and the rest of the 23eleven team!!! As a bride who does not like to be bombarded with questions and prefers to be told what to do, Amy was able to direct the entire day in a gentle but firm way to ensure everything was just the way I wanted. Also, if I could give the staff a 10 out of 5 for responsiveness I would! Amy was available at any hour, day or night, and the rest of her team was there 110% the day of the event for anything we needed. Overall, I would not hesitate to recommend 23eleven to ANYONE who is looking for a wedding planner or day-of-coordinator for their special day!

Sent on 09/30/2014

Robert · Married on 09/27/2014

So I'll start of by saying that we had decided not to have a wedding planner. With a week left until the wedding, we all realized we were in a little bit over our head with setup and things running smoothly. This is when we found Amy at 23Eleven. As a very hands on and involved groom, I honestly can say that I'm so thankful we did.

Amy and her crew were such a pleasure to work with. She was very personable and immediately got all the wedding information from us and organized it all and contacted all of our vendors to coordinate. She had no problem with us contacting her with questions or complicated problems that we weren't sure how to to solve. The ability for 23Eleven to quickly understand our wedding and start coordinating all the details from no details to fully running was incredible.

When the day of our wedding rolled around, it was so nice to have 23Eleven there to fall back on. I cannot imagine having friends and family doing everything they did. From setup to tear down, bride and groom coordination and helping with even small details such as pinning on boutonnieres it was so stress relieving to know someone was taking care of this.

Being such a last second thing, I didn't expect the greatest coordination or quality out of 23Eleven, and was completely blown away that their ability to hit the ground running and get things done.

Our wedding day went without a hitch and was absolutely perfect. We did a lot of work leading up to this date, but I have no hesitation in saying that it wouldn't have been the same event without 23Eleven there to help. It was such a pleasure to work with them...they truly felt like family by the end of the night and couldnt imagine the wedding without them there.

Sent on 10/01/2014

Amanda · Married on 09/20/2014

When I first got engaged I immediately started researching wedding planners and am so happy that I found Amy, and 23 eleven events!!! Upon meeting Amy I was nervous being a first time bride I wasn't sure what to expect but she was super nice and helpful and generally excited to help plan our wedding! She put me right at ease and as the months went on she was happy to help whenever I would call or text question after question!
    A few weeks before the wedding my husband and I met with Sarah our wedding day coordinator and again I wasn't sure what to expect, considering I had been talking and spending time with Amy, but Sarah was super friendly and also very helpful with all the little things that can pop up last minute! I honestly have nothing but nice things to say about the 23 eleven girls!!
    Our wedding day was perfect, everything that we had spent months and months planning for came together, and it was gorgeous more than I could of ever imagined! The girls took my vision and made it look like something out of a wedding magazine! I would definitely recommend any bride looking for some help planning their wedding to 23 eleven events!!!

Sent on 10/20/2014

Kelsey · Married on 07/18/2014

If you are looking for a wedding planner, look no further than 23Eleven Events! Amy and her team did an AMAZING job with every detail of our wedding. Not only is she very knowledge about everything to do with weddings. She is also super fun and easy to work with. Amy made sure everything went off the day of the wedding without any problem, I didn't have to worry about a thing it was all taken care of for me.

As well as coordination Amy also did all of our decorations. They turned out more beautiful then I could have ever imagined! I gave Amy ideas of things that I liked and she really made my dream come to life. The centerpieces were beautiful and my bouquet was the most gorgeous bouquet I have ever seen! I got a ton of compliments on my bouquet as well as the rest of our decorations and I couldn't have been happier with how everything turned out! It was GORGEOUS thanks to Amy and her team. We could not have pulled off such an awesome wedding without the help of Amy and the rest of the 23Eleven Events team!

Thank you for everything Amy you did such an amazing job!!

Sent on 07/29/2014

Madison · Married on 05/31/2014

23Eleven Events did my wedding on May 31st and Amy made such a pleasurable and easy wedding day experience for me. Not only is she so fun and personable but she really knew her stuff. If i had an issue, she had an answer.

Amy made my bouquet and one of my photographers said it was the prettiest arrangement she had ever seen. someone who has done hundreds of weddings thought Amy's was the best and she was so right! All i did was tell Amy what i liked and sent her some pictures and she was spot on.

during the actual ceremony she was so helpful, doing her best to make sure i didn't have to deal with anything or anyone. she was so knowledgeable when people asked her what to do and where to go. We had no hiccups or delays because the 23Eleven staff was so on top of everything.

The reception was in a new venue (i was only the second bride) and the staff at the barn were very scattered but as soon as Amy got there to the time it was over she handled everything. I didn't know until the next day that Amy had to handle multiple things the barn didn't come threw on. I so appreciate the fact that she MADE SURE i wasn't bothered with anything. Even if i would ask she would just say "I've got it" and she really did!

Walking into the reception was like a fairytale. It was all my thoughts i had communicated to Amy months before. The whole night i was just so in awe. So thank you thank you thank you 23Eleven Events. Truly made my wedding the best day of my life. i can't thank you enough. I would recommend them a thousand times over!

Sent on 06/13/2014

Becky · Married on 01/04/2014

Sarah, from 23Eleven Events was my day- of- coordinator on my wedding day in January 2014. Her services included not only her presence the whole day of our wedding, but a few meetings the month before the wedding as well as organization of our wedding rehearsal. Sarah went above and beyond to get to know me and our wedding vision before the big day.

The day of the wedding, I never felt that I had to worry about where I was supposed to be. Sarah was there to get me and my whole wedding party where we needed to be at the right time. The whole day was perfectly orchestrated, and I know this has everything to do with her hard work throughout the day.

During our reception, it turned out that there was a mistake and there weren't enough seats at our head table. I recall mentioning this quietly, and suddenly, Sarah was there with a number of hotel staff carrying chairs over to the table. My mother also reported to me how helpful and careful Sarah was to gather all of the wedding decorations at the end of the night and help my family get things where they needed to be.

I would imagine that it is a natural part of being a wedding planner that so much of your work goes unnoticed and unsung due to how much has to be done behind the scenes. That being said, I know, undoubtedly, that my wedding would not have run as smoothly without the help of Sarah from 23Eleven events. I am so grateful to have had her as a part of our wedding day!

Sent on 02/01/2014

Amy and Sarah did an amazing job! They both have great personalities and are easy to work with. They were hired to do "day of wedding coordination" and all of our floral arrangements for the tables and the bridal party bouquets. They allowed my family and I to enjoy the wedding without worrying about vendors being on time and making sure the expectations of each vendor was met. As the bride, I forgot to put deodorant on in the morning and I realized this at the reception. How embarrassing! I explained this to Sarah and she quickly found some deodorant for me. Thank you, Sarah haha!!! Amy exceeded my expectations with the floral arrangements. I was very particular how I wanted the flowers to look, we even laughed about how picky I was! I LOVED my bridal bouquet of all white phalaenopsis orchids, it looked like something you would see on Pinterest or in a bridal magazine! Thank you Amy and Sarah for everything! :)

23Eleven events wrote a blog about my floral arrangements and can be viewed at the below link:

Sent on 11/11/2013

Mandy · Married on 09/13/2013

23Eleven Events did an exceptional job with the floral and decor for our wedding. Amy was very helpful and was readily available whenever I needed something or had questions. It was like talking to a friend, she understood everything that I wanted and designed the beautiful, elegant country wedding I had dreamed of. When disaster struck 8 weeks before the wedding, 23Eleven Events was very flexible and accommodating to all the last minute changes and was still able to bring my vision to life and stay within my budget. I remember walking into the room for the first time before the wedding and being totally blown away. Every last detail, outdoors and indoors, from the ceremony grounds, to the dinner reception in the carriage house and out in the dance pavilion was better than I ever could have imagined it myself. They painted a gorgeous background for our photographer to work with. We received so many compliments from our guests and we referred all the newly engaged couples to 23Eleven Events. I would highly recommend them for any event, especially a wedding. Amy is very talented and very capable of creating wedding masterpieces. They took a lot of the stress out of planning and no hassle on the day of. They set everything up and took everything down at the end of the night and we didn't have to worry about a thing! Amy and crew, we can't thank you enough for helping to make our special day absolutely perfect!

Sent on 10/12/2013

Laura · Married on 08/17/2013

Thanks to 23 Eleven Events for making our wedding day hassle free.
    Sarah was amazing, not only did she keep everyone in line and organized but took care of things we never thought of. Sarah always was keeping an eye out for anything that looked out of place. Sarah was calm and understanding in every situation and extremely organized. Without her help, we would have had a lot of little issues throughout the day.

Thanks again!

Sent on 08/23/2013

Charlotte · Married on 05/25/2013

Sending a huge THANK YOU to 23Eleven Events. Sarah was awesome. In the beginning I was a little concerned because I only booked them for day-of planning and I was weary of how everything would pull together without my bridal “guidance”. Nevertheless, in our eyes, the day was undeniably perfect! Not only did Sarah know just how to calm an overly dramatic bride (I lost my rosary and freaked out) just before walking down the aisle, she dealt extremely well with the church coordinator and was right by her side to catch what was missed. Our reception was seriously the best party I have ever attended. After our honeymoon a family member told me something that proved just how great Sarah is at her job; our cake was dropped and replaced before the start of the reception and people even showed up without assigned seating and were accommodated. Thank you Sarah, for making sure our day was Unforgettably Amazing.
    Happily Ever After,
    Mr. & Mrs. Carrillo

Sent on 06/10/2013

I can't say enough good things about Amy J and Jenn, they are simply wonderful. We worked with them as our day of coordinators but the support went way beyond that. They were so helpful and encouraging, making suggestions where needed and checking over all the details. All of our vendors said how courteous they were in their dealings with them too, checking the last minute arrangements and making sure all went as we wanted it. On the day of the wedding absolutely everything went so smoothly it was incredible. We were both able to relax and enjoy our day. Everything was set up exactly as we had envisioned it and looked beautiful thanks to Amy and Jenns hard work. Basically nothing was too much trouble, whether it was re-pinning a stray curl or unblocking the loo (over and above the call of duty for sure!) They are lovely lovely people and made what could be a very stressful time so simple. I instantly warmed to them both and it was like working with friends who just wanted the best for your big day. I would highly highly recommend 23eleven events and would say you should have no hesitation in trusting them to make sure your most special day is a total success.

Sent on 05/15/2013

Jennifer · Married on 03/02/2013

Amazing to work with! Competent creative and organized!

Sent on 03/04/2013

Joanne · Married on 12/08/2012

Amy and her team were absolutely wonderful. I brought them on as my "day of" coordinator for my wedding ceremony and reception. Amy was incredibly organized and very responsive to emails/phone calls. She met with me twice before the wedding to go over my contracted vendors, any questions or issues for clarification, and to walk through the timeline for the day of the wedding. I was planning the wedding from out of state, so her flexibility and responsiveness were extremely helpful in the weeks leading up to the wedding. I was also impressed that she offered to coordinate our rehearsal the night before the wedding at no extra fee for her time. The cost of her service was extremely reasonable compared to other day-of coordinators in the area. My other vendors who had not previously worked with Amy told me that Amy had been really responsive and on top of them with respect to confirming their contracts, their arrival times, etc. I could not have asked for more in terms of a day-of coordinator and would recommend Amy and her team to anyone getting married in the Metro-Detroit area.
    Thanks,
    Joanne A.

Sent on 01/10/2013
  • Cara

Cara · Married on 09/16/2012

As I was planning my wedding, I had this overly ambitious idea that I was going to handle everything on my own. One day I finally wised-up and started looking for a day-of coordinator. What brought me to Amy initially was that she seemed more budget-friendly than the others I'd contacted. What kept me with her was more than that: friendliness, personality, she seemed to immediately connect with my vision, in short I trusted her almost right away. I absolutely could not have done this without her. She was there for me all the way and everything ran smoothly and came together just liked I'd envisioned.

Sent on 09/18/2012

Dawn · Married on 08/25/2012

Amy was fabulous!!! She kept me on track and and ahead of schedule which was no easy task for her!!! Even when I had the deer in the headlights look she kept me organized and motivated.I would highly recommend 23 Eleven Events for your special day!!! I was so calm the day of my wedding because I knew I was in great hands!!! Thanks so much Amy for all your patience and professionalism!!!

Sent on 09/12/2012

Linda · Married on 05/26/2012

23Eleven Events did such a wonderful job of bringing the vision of my wedding to life! Amy J had such a talent in understanding what my husband and I wanted for our wedding. She was really great at focusing on how to make the decor and ambiance of the wedding unique to us. Our wedding decor came out better than what my husband and I could have imagined!
    During the planning stages, Amy was willing to meet with us as many times as it took to get our vision of the wedding just right. She was always open to new ideas and super flexible when I would have a change of heart in what I wanted. She is so up to date with wedding trends and works well with whatever budget you give her. I was amazed at how great the centerpieces were at my reception on a specific budget. She was an absolute joy to work with and my husband and I were so grateful for her planning, hard work, and talent that made the decor of our wedding memorable!!

Sent on 06/12/2012

Jessica · Married on 04/21/2012

One of the best things I decided to do was go with 23eleven events and hire Amy J! She was amazing!! She was always available when I needed her and was very professional throughout the whole process. She made the days leading up to my wedding and the day of 10x less stressful than it would've been without her. I am very pleased with the service I was provided. She also has wonderful decorating skills; my ceremony looked breathtaking! Lastly, she was able to really capture my theme with the wedding programs she created for me. I loved everything. Thanks for helping to make our day so special!! -Jessica & Thelton

Sent on 06/03/2012

Lauren · Married on 03/10/2012

23Eleven Events was amazing in so many ways! So professional and lifted a ton of weights off my shoulder! I would recommend 23Eleven Events to any bride! Amy is the best and she knows what she is doing. I dont know what I would've done without her help she was an angle and a joy to work with! Thank you sooo much!! Donny and I were above and beyond pleased with your work!!

Sent on 03/23/2012

Alison · Married on 03/03/2012

Talk about bang for your buck! Amy J is amazing!! She worked within my budget and put on a wedding I couldn't even of drempt of! She was a very good listener and really took in everything I said to give us exactly what we wanted. She keeped me posted every step of the way in what she was doing and what was going to be spent where which I loved. She was totally on your side working with you!! Amy is really organized as well and was always on time for meetings or very responsive if u call her. I could go on an on about Amy and the services she provided I would refer her again and again and would deffanitly use her in the future for any event I might have! Maybe baby shower!?!

Sent on 03/26/2012
  • User2111427 · event on 11/28/2011

Amy has done multiple events for me. She listens to what I want for the decor and atmoshpere and then creates it even better than I imagined it! I am always getting compliments on the decor she creates - she makes me look good! I highly recommend her services. She is a joy to work with too!

Sent on 12/10/2011

Naomi · Married on 10/15/2011

Amy J is an amazing coordinator! During the wedding someone said to me "wow Amy has really found her nitch" and I whole heartily agree I have recommended Amy J several times never was I disappointed. If an issue came up I would simply call Amy J and go back to enjoying the wedding cause I knew she was handling it in a professional skillful manor!! for instance the Hotel messed up the shuttle to the hotel and 1 call to Amy J and it was handled!!! Thank you Amy J for doing an amazing job and making my brothers day wonderful!!!!

Sent on 10/20/2011