If you’re looking for white sands, a hip restaurant scene, ancient ruins and intimate hotels, choose Tulum for your honeymoon.
Whilst most of the Mayan Riviera is home to large all-inclusive hotels, Tulum favours small, chic, boutique properties with excellent gourmet cuisine. Foodies will love the chance to dine out at rustic tables or on the beach along with the fashionable set that flock to Tulum. Candles, thatched roofs and string lights will all make dining in Tulum a highlight of your honeymoon. Shoppers can take advantage of excellent deals on trinkets at either stores in the town or along the beachfront whilst culture buffs will love the chance to explore truly ancient Mayan ruins either at Tulum or Coba. Adventure seekers will be in paradise with zip-lining, kayaking and floating down underground rivers. But make sure to make time for plenty of doing nothing! Sipping cocktails in the pool, lazing on the white sands and unwinding with your new spouse is Tulum’s expertise!
If a Tulum honeymoon sounds like your idea of paradise, read on to learn more!
When to Go
January to March is the peak season with increased prices, crowds and temperatures. Savings can be had if you travel in November and December when the sea breezes keep the humidity lower. July to October is the hurricane season. If you can tolerate the risk of storms, heavy downpours and high humidity, there are excellent deals to be had at the hotels. April to June is springtime in Tulum with pleasant weather but hotel prices can fluctuate a lot so keep an eye out for a good deal.
Top Sights and Activities
- Visit the Tulum Ruins: Explore the ruins of the Mayan pyramids that teeter on the cliff edge overlooking the sea
- Kayak Sian Ka’an Biosphere: Visit one of Mexico’s largest parks and explore coastal jungle, coral reef and maybe even glimpse wild dolphins
- Scuba dive at Gran Cenote: For a once in a lifetime experience, dive these underground caves and rivers that spread over 300 miles
- Practice Yoga: Head to Maya Tulum for a relaxing yoga lesson with the sounds of the waves and rustle of the palm trees on your honeymoon
- Enjoy Cocktails at Gitano: This beautiful, outdoor, jungle oasis is the perfect romantic spot for pre-dinner cocktails
- Snorkel Yal Ku Lagoon: These shallow protected waters are perfect for snorkelling and exploring the brightly coloured reef
- Float Along the Rio Secreto: Float along this underground river and admire the stunning stalactites and stalagmites along the way
- Have a Couple's Massage: The Yaan Spa offers different couples packages in chic and romantic surroundings
- Snorkel Cenote dos Ojos: Snorkel at this freshwater sinkhole for a picture-perfect honeymoon moment
- Cycle the Coba Archaeological Site: Explore this collection of Mayan pyramids surrounded by two lagoons
- Spend the Day at Xcaret: An eco park with over 50 attractions ranging from underground rivers to dolphin swims, all with a Mayan twist
Get access to travel deals when you book your honeymoon through WeddingWire