Colorado Springs, CO 80905 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Pricing
  • Meet the Team

About Woods + the Wild

Woods + the Wild is a wedding officiant service based in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Owner Candace Woods is a passionate champion of love in all its wonderful splendor and variety. She is trained in progressive Christian theology; she also performs interfaith, secular, spiritual services, and weddings and ceremonies for members of the LGBTQ+ community. Candace understands that no two love journeys are the same, and her goal is to help you design a ceremony that reflects your values and celebrates your unique love story.

Woods + the Wild is available for weddings all across Colorado; Candace is also happy to travel further afield. Candace’s personal journey has led her to herbalism and foraging, and she would be happy to make sustainability a component of your celebration if you so desire. Complimentary consultations are available, and Candace would be delighted to discuss how she can help make your wedding day even more meaningful and special. If you are looking for someone to walk with you through pre-marital counseling, Candace is a trained facilitator of the PREPARE/ENRICH program, which is rooted in research and focused on helping couples build skills for healthy relationships.

• LGBTQ+-owned
randy kathy 2 51 2026873 161910524892684

6 Reviews for Woods + the Wild

1 User photo

Leslee F. · Married on 07/11/2021

When we first had planned on having an intimate wedding, my best friend was going to officiate. Unfortunately, she wasn’t able to because of work, but we got so lucky when we found Candace! I seriously wouldn’t have had anyone else officiate. She’s a huge part of what made our day so special. She has such a carefree sunny disposition, a real blessing to have for our wedding! I felt like she got a good sense of who me and my husband are, and created a ceremony that reflected that! She will always hold a special place in our hearts. She’s professional, kind, and just an all around amazing person! You cannot go wrong with having her officiate your wedding!

Sent on 07/15/2021
  • Andrea

Andrea D. · Married on 07/09/2021

Amazing job!

Candace did a awesome job at our wedding. She was very professional, had great communication, and was fun to have at our wedding. Would definitely recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 07/11/2021

Woods + the Wild Pricing

Woods + the Wild Price Rates

Woods + the Wild FAQ

• What is the typical price for your wedding services?
    $ 350
  • Which of the following are included in the price?
    Ceremony Rehearsal
  • What is the starting price for your wedding services?
    $ 175
  • Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal?
  • What is the starting price for ceremony rehearsals?
    $ 50
  • What is the starting price for pre-marital counseling (per session)?
    $ 75
  • What types of weddings and events do you provide services for?
    Non-religious
    Interfaith
    Ceremony Rehearsal
    Vow Renewal
    Civil Union
    Single Religion
  • What services do you provide?
    Allow Couples' Own Vows
    Licensed
    Premarital Counseling
  • What religious affiliations do you serve?
    Agnostic
    Pagan
    Presbyterian
    Quaker
    Unitarian
  • On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate?
    Less than 30 mins.
  • What languages do you speak?
    English

Team of Woods + the Wild

Candace Woods

Candace Woods

owner/officiant

Community and equity are the core values I try to bring to all aspects of my work in the world. I'm an experienced facilitator and leader in a variety of contexts - from leading a meaningful worship service or wedding to facilitating conversations around race and gender to guiding young people through a comprehensive sexuality program - I thrive in the wildness of community. I work to build trust and partnership amongst those with whom I'm working, no matter their age or position.

After growing up and spending years in Evangelical ministry settings, I spent a lot of time questioning my faith and how it had me showing up in the world. I went back to college, got a BA in History/Political Science focused on the Middle East, and then I obtained a Master’s in Divinity focused on Social Justice and Ethics. My full-time work currently is with 13-24-year-olds at a local LGBTQ+ youth community center. I co-founded the Colorado Springs Sanctuary Coalition and have an eye for the ways in which policy and language (good and not so good) impact human lives. I'm currently a Member in Discernment in the process of ordination in the United Church of Christ, while my faith values are rooted in celebrating the wildness of the Divine and its aversion to being put in any particular box. These values have led me to reacquaint myself with the natural world and the ways I want to create kin-ship with the plants and trees and waters. As a part of this, I've begun formal and informal training in foraging, wildcrafting, and herbalism.

+ More Details
- Less Details

• Colorado Springs, CO, 80905 See on map
    719-224-9476 (Phone number)
    Location of (Woods + the Wild)