Woods + the Wild

Colorado Springs, CO View map Visit website
2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$425 Typical Price

Woods + the Wild is a wedding officiant service based in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Owner Candace Woods is a passionate champion of love in all its wonderful splendor and variety. She is trained in progressive Christian theology; she also performs interfaith, secular, spiritual services, and weddings and ceremonies for members of the LGBTQ+ community. Candace understands that no two love journeys are the same, and her goal is to help you design a ceremony that reflects your values and celebrates your unique love story.

Woods + the Wild is available for weddings all across Colorado; Candace is also happy to travel further afield. Candace’s personal journey has led her to herbalism and foraging, and she would be happy to make sustainability a component of your celebration if you so desire. Complimentary consultations are available, and Candace would be delighted to discuss how she can help make your wedding day even more meaningful and special. If you are looking for someone to walk with you through pre-marital counseling, Candace is a trained facilitator of the PREPARE/ENRICH program, which is rooted in research and focused on helping couples build skills for healthy relationships.

• LGBTQ+-owned
  • Woman-owned

What is the typical price for your wedding services?

$425

Which of the following are included in the price?

Ceremony Rehearsal

What is the starting price for your wedding services?

$225

Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal?

What is the starting price for ceremony rehearsals?

$50

What is the starting price for pre-marital counseling (per session)?

$90

What types of weddings and events do you provide services for?

Non-religious
Interfaith
Ceremony Rehearsal
Vow Renewal
Civil Union
Single Religion

What services do you provide?

Allow Couples' Own Vows
Licensed
Premarital Counseling

What religious affiliations do you serve?

Agnostic
Pagan
Presbyterian
Quaker
Unitarian

On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate?

Less than 30 mins.

In which states are you licensed?

CO
ID
NM
OR
UT
WA
WY

What languages do you speak?

English
illustration question

Any other questions?

Message vendor

• Annika
    Annika D. Married on 09/24/2022

Absolutely wonderful!

My partner and I eloped, but wanted to have a wedding with a simple ceremony and party so that friends could celebrate with us. I had no idea what the ceremony should be like, given that we were already technically married, but Candace was absolutely amazing and helpful, and found the perfect words for our situation. She is so kind, sweet, accommodating, and so thoughtful about creating a ceremony that is inclusive and with language that is affirming. So many guests came up to me after the ceremony to tell me that it was one of the best they'd ever seen. I recommend her wholeheartedly! She was a big part of how wonderful our wedding day was.

Woods + the Wild's reply:

So honored to be with you two to celebrate with your community! Thank you for your kindness! Be well in Europe!
  • Katelynn
    Katelynn D. Married on 09/24/2022

Incredible Experience

Candace was absolutely amazing to work with from start to finish. She was so thoughtful and personable throughout the entire process and it showed!!!! Our ceremony was perfect and a direct reflection of my now husband! and I’s love for one another. I could not speak more highly of Woods + the Wild!

Woods + the Wild's reply:

Y'all were so great to work with, Katelynn! Big joy to you and Patrick and Darla (especially Darla!) in your newly married life together!
  • illustration stars

Team

Candace Woods
Candace Woods
owner/officiant

Community and equity are the core values I try to bring to all aspects of my work in the world. I'm an experienced facilitator and leader in a variety of contexts - from leading a meaningful worship service or wedding to facilitating conversations around race and gender to guiding young people through a comprehensive sexuality program - I thrive in the wildness of community. I work to build trust and partnership amongst those with whom I'm working, no matter their age or position.

After growing up and spending years in Evangelical ministry settings, I spent a lot of time questioning my faith and how it had me showing up in the world. I went back to college, got a BA in History/Political Science focused on the Middle East, and then I obtained a Master’s in Divinity focused on Social Justice and Ethics. I'm currently a Member in Discernment in the process of ordination in the United Church of Christ (but am ordained through the Universal Life Church while in process in the UCC), while my faith values are rooted in celebrating the wildness of the Divine and its aversion to being put in any particular box. These values have led me to reacquaint myself with the natural world and the ways I want to create kin-ship with the plants and trees and waters. As a part of this, I've begun formal and informal training in foraging, wildcrafting, and herbalism.

Colorado Springs, CO, 80905
7193381254
Location of (Woods + the Wild)

Other vendors in Denver for your wedding