The Villa de Cortez is a Texas registered historic landmark located in Weslaco, Tx. Formerly known as The Cortez Hotel, its doors first opened in 1928 as one of the Valley’s Finest Hotels. An elegant landmark in the 30’s and 40’s, the Cortez offered all the “modern” conveniences of that era; a telegraph office, post office, coffee shop, barber & beauty shops and a beautiful ballroom for entertainment, celebrations and various events. The attractive four-story structure of Spanish design had seventy-five guest rooms encompassing a beautiful South Texas courtyard.
Other couples have also viewed: