Tumbleweed Sanctuary, Garden and Labyrinth

Guest capacity 1 to 125
Availability Check your date
  • Photos & Videos 26

About Tumbleweed Sanctuary, Garden and Labyrinth

Tumbleweed Sanctuary, Garden and Labyrinth is a Life-Cycle Center dedicated to Ceremony and Celebration. We are located in the Mojave Desert between Joshua Tree and Pioneertown, California. We offer a space and a place for gathering and experiencing the simplicity and untamed beauty of the desert.

We believe in the charm and tranquility of the desert. We believe less is more. We believe Mother Nature is the best designer.

We believe in the importance of honoring life's special moments with celebration and ceremony.

Our purpose is to provide the opportunity to disconnect and discover the raw and pure qualities of the desert, and have a meaningful and memorable experience.

Sanctuary

The Sanctuary offers indoor comfort and convenience in a thoughfully designed modern, warm and calm space, with a mix of clean lines, and ample natural material and texture.

All furnishings are included in the site fee.

Garden

The grounds around the sanctuary will connect you to the deserts landscape. The garden has plenty of seating throughout that can be used in multiple ways intentionally designed to bring people together. Our winding meditation path leads through indegenous desert plants including a plethora of joshua trees.

Labyrinth

Our Labyrinth is an ancient symbol that relates to wholeness. It combines the imagery of the circle and the spiral into a meandering but purposeful path. It represents a journey to our own center and back out again. Labyrinths have long been used as a ceremonial and meditation tool.

Our signature Labyrinth also symbolizes meeting in the circle of community, ceremony, and celebration.

The Labyrinth is the heart of our Retreat Center and we are proud to offer custom ceremonies for your wedding and other celebrations.

Services offered

Use of the exterior property and all exterior furnishings.

Use of the interior space and all furnishing.

Ceremony seating

Tables and seating for dinner/reception

Staffing

1 Reviews for Tumbleweed Sanctuary, Garden and Labyrinth

Mad. Black · Getting married on 08/10/2019

Terrible terrible experience

CAUTION!
    Do not use this venue!! Extremely unprofessional owner (Vicki)! I will say that the venue is beautiful and well priced, but my praise ends there. I visited Tumbleweed, confirmed the date/details over numerous conversations, had a contract in hand, and was in the process of deciding 8 vs. 9 hour rental when all of a sudden Vicki dropped off the face of the earth. (I should have been concerned when I called/emailed/texted several times before I received the contract, over the course of several days, to no response whatsoever. I had to call her out before she contacted me.)
    Anyways, Vicki disappears. My wedding date is 6 months away, and she refuses to respond to any of my (very gentle) requests for her to get back to me. I did some combination of calling, emailing, texting, leaving voicemails, every day for over a week. Nothing. I was actually concerned about her until I noticed her very active Instagram. I had to post a comment on her Instagram to get her to contact me (which-surprise surprise-she deleted). She TEXTED (are you kidding me??) to tell me that she won't be going through with my contract since she decided not to have events in August (my wedding month). Gee thanks for having the decency to let me know that this was a consideration. Beyond furious with this whole experience, and I worry for her new business if this is how she deals with future brides.

Sent on 02/27/2019

Tumbleweed Sanctuary, Garden and Labyrinth FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season? $ 7,500.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season? $ 7,500.00
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season? $ 7,500.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season? $ 7,500.00
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee? Bridal Suite, Chairs, Clean Up, Event Planning, Parking, Set Up, Tables
  • What is the maximum capacity of your venue? 125
  • What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue? 1
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer? 2
  • Describe your venue: Art Gallery, Garden, Loft, Park
  • Which of the following wedding events does your venue service? Ceremony, Reception, Engagement Party, Elopements, Rehearsal Dinner
  • What event services do you offer? All Inclusive Packages, Clean Up, Event Planner, Event Rentals, Get Ready Rooms, Outside Vendors, Pet Friendly, Set Up, Wifi
  • What event items are available? Altar/Arch, Centerpieces, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Furniture, Tables
  • What months are included in your peak season? March, April, May, September, October, November
  • What months are included in your off-peak season? January, February, June, July, August, December

• 57889 Pueblo Trail Yucca Valley, CA, 92284 See on map