Other couples have also viewed:
Recommended by 67% of couples
11 User photos
Robin · Married on 01/23/2016
TRAC was a fantastic place to have the reception!! It is beautiful, large, and unique!! We had a wonderful reception there and would recommend it to Everyone!!Sent on 02/02/2016
User4369442 · 2+ years ago
The Trinity River Audubon Center (TRAC) is a stunning wedding venue. Most likely, none of your guests have heard of it or been there. All our guests were very impressed with how beautiful TRAC is.Sent on 05/11/2015
* DO NOT COUNT ON UBER. The drivers can't find TRAC in the dark (even with the Uber app) because the TRAC sign is set too far back from Loop 12. We had multiple drivers cancel on guests and us. A friend drove us back to the hotel. That ended up being a fun ride but complicated our exit plan and caused stress for our guests.
* We had Bolsa cater a family-style dinner. The food was amazing. I had multiple "best wedding food ever" comments from guests.
* We also did our event set-up and rentals through Bolsa. Everything went off without a hitch and looked great.
* Probably best as an early spring / late fall venue. Late spring / summer would be too hot to take advantage of the best TRAC has to offer - its outdoor features. Also, it was pretty warm *inside* TRAC on a day where temps outside peaked in the low 80s. Winter, all the green stuff outside is going to be gone or brown.
* TRAC charges $300ish to use the Butterfly Garden for ceremonies. You will not get a refund if it rains and your ceremony takes place elsewhere.
* TRAC will suggest that you set up your photobooth inside a small theatre off the main room. Have your photobooth vendor bring a fan or provide one yourself - it gets super sweaty hot in there with all the people and equipment. Make sure your DJ makes an announcement telling your guests where the photobooth is.
Madeilne · Married on 10/14/2017
The Trinity River Audubon Center is an absolutely BEAUTIFUL wedding venue! It's so unique and it gave a very intimate feel while still being roomy enough for our 150 guests. The modern building and wildlife trails gave for a good variety of photo backdrops. We had our ceremony out on the scissor tail deck and it was fantastic. And the sunset coming in through the tall windows in the reception area was so romantic and dreamy!Sent on 11/14/2017
Some things to note:
1. This is not a traditional wedding venue, so while it may seem cheap to rent the space, keep in mind that you have to rent literally everything else as well. The tables, chairs, lighting, plates, utensils, etc. That adds up really quickly.
2. You are required to use Bolsa Mercado as your caterer, and while their food is delicious (we got so many compliments on the food) they are way over priced.
3. While a lot of previous reviews complain about the venue coordinator Shannon, I did not have a problem with her, and she actually resigned right before my wedding. So you won't have to worry about her. The woman who took her place was very professional and responsive.
4. There is not a traditional getting ready location for either the bride or groom. They just provide separate conference rooms to hang out in before the ceremony. Me and my bridesmaids got ready off-site.
5. The arbor in my pictures is not provided by the venue. A family member made it for me and my husband and we took it with us.
Overall, I loved this venue. It was perfect for my intimate, nature-themed wedding.
**Photos are taken by Kayla Smith Photography**