Tie the Knot Wedding Ceremonies

13467 W Port au Prince lane, Surprise, AZ 85379 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Deals 1

About Tie the Knot Wedding Ceremonies

We are a small team of officiants that specialize in non-denominational and spiritual weddings for all couples, and vow renewal ceremonies primarily throughout the Phoenix, AZ and Twin Cities’ seven-county metro area and destination locations. We work with you to customize a ceremony that reflects your relationship.

Melanie Caron-Vlasak, Licensed Officiant, and Owner (AZ)

I became ordained in 2009 to perform my cousin’s wedding ceremony and instantly fell in love with the process. During the first part of 2010, I launched Tie The Knot Wedding Ceremonies. Little did I know that it would become such a fun and rewarding experience. I am extremely blessed to have a job that I love and grateful for my Tie The Knot Wedding Ceremonies team. The best part is that I get to call each of the team members my friends.

I am passionate about creating and performing ceremonies for my couples that honor their wishes and their relationship. As a mental health professional, in the area of social work, I draw upon my experience to help couples calm their nerves and settle in and enjoy the experience of getting married. Ask me about my famous Sea Turtle calming technique. I welcome the opportunity to meet with you and help you develop the vision you have for your wedding day.

Grant Vlasak, Licensed Officiant, and Owner (AZ)

After helping Melanie create and put finishing touches on ceremonies, I became ordained in 2011 because I saw how much we were both enjoying the process. Getting to know my couples and create a memorable day, one that includes the people they cherish and represents who they are as a couple, gives me incredible joy, each time

Anna Butler, Licensed Officiant (MN)

When my husband and I married in 2008, we decided to create our own wedding ceremony. We filled our ceremony with stories and laughter, readings, music and people who are important in our lives. It made the day feel like a true celebration of who we are as a couple and was the perfect way to begin our marriage. As a wedding officiant, I look forward to helping you create a ceremony that celebrates you and your lives together. I draw on over 10 years of teaching and public speaking experience and enjoy planning, writing and organizing events. I look forward to getting to know you and beginning this process with you. Congratulations on your wedding!

Kevin W. Hohlstein, Licensed Officiant (MN)

As one half of the ‘friends’ that provided the backyard for Melanie and Grant’s wedding, I was honored to be able to be a part of a day that so perfectly reflected the couple committing themselves to each other. I love to be part of creating special, personal events for people. Getting to know what is important to each couple and working with them to plan a service that reflects who they are is one of the best parts of the process. Trained as a musical/theatrical performer and a life coach, I am able to draw on all my experience to help a couple create a wedding experience that reflects their personal values and style that is impactful for everyone involved. Let’s start creating the first day of the rest of your life together.

Biz Kelly, Licensed Officiant (MN)

I have always loved attending weddings. There is something magical about witnessing two people committing themselves to each other. Being asked to officiate a wedding is an incredible honor and not one I take lightly. When I married my husband in 2008, we were married by a long time family friend. I loved having a personal connection with our officiant. I look forward to creating that connection with the couples I work with and helping guide them in creating a personalized ceremony that fits them as a couple.

I enjoy meeting new people and hearing their stories. I am a detail oriented person who loves organizing (yes, you read that correctly). In my past professional life I was a licensed social worker. I am now raising my three young sons, which is the hardest (and most rewarding) job I have ever done!!

I look forward to meeting with you!

• Woman-owned
Follow Tie the Knot Wedding Ceremonies on

Other couples have also viewed

• Get Hitched Kwik

51 Reviews for Tie the Knot Wedding Ceremonies

• S Garrett

S Garrett W. · Married on 04/02/2021

Excellent and Fun Experience

We had a great experience with Mel. She made us feel comfortable and helped ease the tension on our big day. She was flexible and helped us every step of the way. Highly Highly Recommend!

Sent on 06/30/2021

Keri O. · Married on 02/27/2021

The Best Decision We Made!

Mel is, bottom-line, the BEST officiant I have ever seen officiate a wedding before. She spent so much time getting to know us and our love story! She included small, but important details in our ceremony that I would have never thought to include! She worked with us to make sure we had everything we wanted built in to our special day. She had us and our guests laughing, crying and celebrating in such a natural way! Mel jumped right in during our rehearsal to let everyone know how the ceremony was going to unfold. She allowed us to include special people, traditions and vows without a question! Mel worked closely with our vendors to be sure we had a smooth day and took care of everything! She reminded us to breathe, take in the day and to let our family, friends and vendors take care of everything! Her ceremony reminded us, so much, of why were were standing in front of everyone we loved that day! She embodied our love, personalities, interests and jokes into a memorable ceremony that she provided to us as a beautiful keepsake!

Sent on 03/02/2021

Tie the Knot Wedding Ceremonies FAQ

• What is the typical price for your wedding services?
    $ 450.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price?
    Ceremony Rehearsal
  • What is the starting price for your wedding services?
    $ 175.00
  • Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal?
  • What is the starting price for ceremony rehearsals?
    $ 100.00
  • What is the starting price for pre-marital counseling (per session)?
    $ 15.00
  • What types of weddings and events do you provide services for?
    Non-religious
    Interfaith
    Ceremony Rehearsal
    Vow Renewal
    Civil Union
    Single Religion
  • What services do you provide?
    Allow Couples' Own Vows
    Licensed
  • What religious affiliations do you serve?
    No Denomination
  • On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate?
    Less than 30 mins.
  • In which states are you licensed?
    AZ
    IA
    MI
    MN
    WI
  • What languages do you speak?
    English

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• Tie the Knot Wedding Ceremonies 1
    10% discount for active and veteran military members

10% discount for active and veteran military members

• Ispiri Events Wedding Planners

Mel is awesome to work with! She is personable, fun, and creative!

• 13467 W Port au Prince lane Surprise, AZ, 85379 See on map
    612-324-0182 (Phone number)
    Location of (Tie the Knot Wedding Ceremonies)