Portland, OR 97210 Map · Phone number · Visit website

About The Wedding Judge

theweddingjudge@gmail.com • (503) 798-0110 • www.facebook.com/theweddingjudge

I'm a former judge, and in the last six years or so, I've had the pleasure of officiating hundreds of weddings throughout Oregon and in Washington. I've officiated at very small and intimate gatherings (5 including me), to very large and formal weddings (500 plus). I've officiated at all types of venues including ballrooms, museums, hotels, vineyards, wineries, bars, formal gardens, farms, churches, beaches, parks, backyards, and living rooms. I've even had the pleasure of officiating in the State Capitol Building and believe I'm only one of two people to have had that honor.

I've also officiated at all different kinds of weddings including bi-lingual, traditional, civil, Steampunk, romantic, modern, Spanish, non-denominational Christian, theme, Seventh Day Adventist, spiritual, and Buddhist.

I have several ceremonies from which you can choose and each one is fully customizeable. I'm not a stuffy old judge-type. Rather, I'm very flexible, and I will help you to create exactly the kind of ceremony you want.

Although many people book me months in advance, I can almost always schedule ceremonies on short notice and last minute (even same day). Regardless of when your scheduling, my prices are the same and are very reasonable (typically less than half what other officiants charge).

People often ask what they should look for in an officiant. Surprisingly, you might be able to find someone that has even more competitive rates than I do and save ten or twenty bucks, but you only get married once. So, you should have it done right. My advice is to choose someone reliable and with whom you feel comfortable. You should find someone flexible that will give you the type of ceremony you want. Experience is also something that's very important. You definitely want someone who feels comfortable in front of people and who knows what he/she is doing. Finally, one thing you might not think of is that your officiant will have access to your very personal information (mothers' maiden names, dates of birth, social security numbers, etc.). This information is all contained in the marriage license. By law, your officiant has the right to keep a copy of your license. With this in mind, you certainly want someone trustworthy. Be careful - especially when shopping for officiants on the internet. I've testified before the Oregon State Legislature about this issue, and as a licensed attorney and former judge, I'm bound by strict ethical requirements. Your information is certainly safe with me.

Let me know how I can help make your special day perfect!!

SE HABLA ESPANOL.

A few of my favorite venues:

Portland Art Museum, Wilson Park, Inn at Spanish Head, Abiqua Estates, Historic Overlook House, McMenamins, Zenith Vineyards, The McLean House, The Crown Ballroom, The Benson, Embassy Suites (Downtown), The Aerie, The Governor, Beckenridge Vineyards, Multnomah Falls, Hoyt Arboretum, Willamette Valley Vineyards, McMenamins Hotel Oregon, The Green Villa Barn, McMenamins Cornelius Pass Roadhouse, Evergreen Aviation Museum, Domaine Margelle Vineyards, The Beach (Cannon Beach, Astoria, Pacific City, Lincoln City, Depoe Bay,Newport, Anywhere at the Beach!!), Council Crest Park, Oregon Golf Club, Portland Zoo, Washington Park, Persimmon Country Club, The Kennedy School, McMenamins Edgefield, Oregon Gardens.

theweddingjudge@gmail.com • (503) 798-0110 • www.facebook.com/theweddingjudge

The Wedding Judge 1
The Wedding Judge 2
The Wedding Judge 3

Karina · Getting married on 08/03/2019

We could not have had a better experience with Anthony. From the very beginning he was very straight forward and answered all the questions we had throughout the entire process from scheduling to what kind of ceremony we were having. He was extremely flexible and his services were just great. He arrived on time and was really nice! He made us feel relaxed and gave the ceremony with an uplifting vibe that set the mood in the entire room. We are extremely happy with his services and I will be recommending him to my friends with up coming weddings. Thank you Anthony!

Ann · Married on 09/13/2018

Anthony was great! He was extremely responsive and communicative. He was easy to get in touch with, and made the entire process very easy. We emailed him about 1 month before our wedding and he responded right away and secured the wedding date with us. He gave us sample ceremonies, and we picked one of his samples. We wanted a simple, easy ceremony and that was exactly what we got! On the day of the wedding, he was early, and texted us to let us know he was at the park(we got married in Peninsula Park). He had most of the ceremony memorized, and was extremely calm. Thanks for making our wedding so calm, simple, and relaxed! We appreciate it!

The Wedding Judge FAQ

• What religious affiliations do you serve? Agnostic, Anglican, Baha'i Faith, Baptist, Buddhist, Catholic, Earth-Based, Episcopalian, Islam, Jewish, Lutheran, No Denomination, Orthodox Christian, Presbyterian, Quaker, Taoist, Unitarian
  • In which states are you licensed? OR, WA
  • What languages do you speak? English, Spanish

• Cello by Triana
    Cello by Triana Wedding Musicians

The Wedding Judge is wonderful! Three cheers for Oregon Weddings.. :)

• K.Lindmeier Photography
    K.Lindmeier Photography Wedding Photographers

Anthony was kind and he seemed like he had a gentle soul. Exactly whom a bride and groom need to perform their wedding.

• Aimee J'Adore & Aimee J'Adore Artists
    Aimee J'Adore & Aimee J'Adore Artists Wedding Hair & Makeup

Anthony was the officiant for our wedding ceremony, and we are both so happy to have had him! He listened carefully to what we wanted and gave us so many beautiful options and ways to design our ceremony. In the end, we decided a short and simple ceremony was "us" and he added enough fluidity to the ceremony to make it perfectly beautiful. I will be highly recommending him to all my brides as the best officiant in Oregon.

• Portland, OR 97210 See on map