The Uncommon Officiant

Columbus, OH View map Visit website
2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$400 Typical Price

I am a licensed, professional, full time wedding officiant from Worthington, Ohio and I have been performing weddings in Columbus and the central Ohio region since 2011. I love what I do and in the past 10 years I have presided over more than 350 ceremonies. I call myself The “Uncommon” Officiant simply because I do things a little differently. Rather than simply insert your names into an existing ceremony template, I specialize in making sure your ceremony is personal and enjoyable. I take the time to walk you through the process prior to your wedding, get to know the both of you, and write custom ceremony that is only about you and your relationship; all while adding a little personality into things to ensure everyone has a good time.

Your ceremony is the first interaction your guests have with your wedding. So I set the right tone and generate the right atmosphere for everyone to relax, celebrate, and be present for the entire experience. My reviews will certainly attest to that.

Whether it’s a traditionally formatted wedding, non-religious ceremony, or an earth-based civil union, I am here to make sure your wedding is both exactly what you want it to be and an affair for everyone to remember. I am happy to perform all of the following:

• Elopements
  • License filling
  • Civil unions
  • Interfaith and non-religious ceremonies
  • Rehearsals
  • Vow renewals
  • Script Writing

• LGBTQ+-owned

What is the typical price for your wedding services?

$400

What is the starting price for your wedding services?

$250

Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal?

What is the starting price for ceremony rehearsals?

$100

What types of weddings and events do you provide services for?

Non-religious
Interfaith
Ceremony Rehearsal
Vow Renewal
Civil Union

What services do you provide?

Allow Couples' Own Vows
Licensed

What religious affiliations do you serve?

Agnostic
Earth-Based
No Denomination
Pagan
Unitarian

On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate?

Less than 30 mins.

In which states are you licensed?

KY
MI
OH
PA

What languages do you speak?

English
Spanish

• Christopher
    Christopher F. Married on 10/04/2021

Kind, Warm, Knowledgeable, Officiant Guided Us Through The Ropes

We didn't have the foggiest idea of how to go about getting married, so I reached out to Robert, the Uncommon Officiant. Robert explained the process to me, and we agreed on a date and time. Robert was willing to go along with our wacky desire to get to an overgrown gazebo, hacking our way through jungle-like vegetation to reach our destination, leaving us all covered in pollen! Nonetheless, Robert created a comfortable and non-judgmental environment for us using kind words and humor.

The Uncommon Officiant's reply:

Sometimes you must brave the wilds in order to get a ceremony done. Good luck in your new life together!
    Ashley C. Married on 07/04/2021

Flexible and Wonderful

We were so happy with Robert and how he made our day that much more special and fun. He was incredibly open to making your special day exactly how you wanted and specific to each of your personalities. Before the wedding, we have a few chats with him, which were always fun and he made you very excited about your big day. I would recommend Robert 10 out of 10!

The Uncommon Officiant's reply:

Thanks Ashley - for both the kind words and for choosing me to officiate for you. It was a lovely event and I am glad I could be a part of it.
    Mackenzie B. Married on 06/05/2021

Love and Laughter

Robert made our rehearsal run flawlessly and was there for support every step of the way. Our ceremony was filled with tears and laughter that was enjoyed by everyone. He did not just read a premade ceremony, he told our story and made the ceremony exactly how we wanted it.

The Uncommon Officiant's reply:

Thanks Kenzie! I had a wonderful time performing for your family and your bridal party made the rehearsal easy to run. Good crew all around. I appreciate you choosing me to officiate for you!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner

Team

Robert Kannal Jr
Robert Kannal Jr
A Passionate and Beyond Average Officiant

I am 37 years old, a father of 4, married for 13 years, and I have been officiating now for a solid decade. It started as a wedding present to friends, but I went full time in 2016 and have never looked back. Since then I have presided over and performed more than 350 weddings and continue to be the premiere source for fun and engaging weddings for couples in Columbus and afar. I LOVE what I do and I do my best to let that shine through in every ceremony that I write and perform - be it 3 people to 300 people.

Avant-Garde Impressions Avant-Garde Impressions Wedding Invitations

If you are looking for an officiant that is easy to work with, flexible and able to be professional - and fun - you have found him. Robert is a chameleon in the trade, and whether it be a formal and more serious wedding, or a fun themed wedding with someone not easily embarrassed to don a costumed look, he can fit the bill either way. And being open to many diverse cultures and religious beliefs you won't run into any issues that can often come up with this particular field. Many of our clients have used him, and each one of them has said that he was amazing to work with. We feel comfortable recommending him to anyone, no matter what type of wedding they are having.

Wedded Perfection Wedded Perfection Wedding Planners

As a wedding planner, I work with a lot of officiants, but never one like Robert. Every wedding we work together I hear wedding guests go up to him and tell him how amazing his ceremonies are. He is funny, and it really gets the crowd engaged. He can tailor his work so that the couple shines, and by the time the big day arrives, they are comfortable with him, and even more ready to say their vows. He is the only officiant I know of that caters to all cultures and walks of life, and has even been known to dress up for the couple in a kilt or with a sword just to make the couples day! (and because it's really fun, and so is he).

7351 Olentangy River Road Columbus, OH, 43235
Location of (The Uncommon Officiant)

Other vendors in Columbus for your wedding