The Uncommon Officiant

7351 Olentangy River Road, Columbus, OH 43235 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Pricing

About The Uncommon Officiant

I am a licensed wedding officiant from Worthington, Ohio and I have been performing weddings in Columbus and the central Ohio region since 2011. I love what I do and in the past 8 years I have presided over more than 300 ceremonies. I call myself The “Uncommon” Officiant simply because I do things a little differently. Rather than simply insert your names into an existing ceremony template, I specialize in making sure your ceremony is personal and enjoyable. I take the time to walk you through the process prior to your wedding, get to know the both of you, and write custom ceremony that is only about you and your relationship; all while adding a little personality into things to ensure everyone has a good time.

Your ceremony is the first interaction your guests have with your wedding. So I set the right tone and generate the right atmosphere for everyone to relax, celebrate, and be present for the entire experience. My reviews will certainly attest to that.

Whether it’s a traditionally formatted wedding, non-religious ceremony, or an earth-based civil union, I am here to make sure your wedding is both exactly what you want it to be and an affair for everyone to remember. I am happy to perform all of the following:

• Elopements

The Uncommon Officiant 5
The Uncommon Officiant 6
  • Amy

Amy · Married on 01/01/2019

Robert made our day extra special!

From the moment we met Robert, we knew we had made the right choice. His attention to detail was amazing! He told a story about us that was touching, funny, and unique. Many of our guests assumed he had known us for years!! He really captured the commitment and love we have for each other!

The Uncommon Officiant 7
  • Kaylea

Kaylea · Married on 11/11/2018

Exactly who we needed

We started out our wedding planning journey struggling a bit because no one talks about who marries you if you're not religious, and you don't "just want to go down to the courthouse"...enter Robert. From the first messages we exchanged, he was very patient and professional with us, and immediately after we met up for the first time, he put us at ease - it was like we had known him forever He is definitely "our kind of people". The ceremony he drafted had me crying and laughing all at the same time; it was exactly what we wanted. He shared most of our geeky tendencies, and was absolutely tickled when we asked him to come dressed as his favorite Doctor Who regeneration! (happened to be the same as me; 10....!!!)

Every single person who I talked to said it was the perfect representation of us, and we couldn't agree more! We were laughing the entire day, and the photos are the proof - it was perfect. I sincerely appreciate all of the work that he put in for us, for not laughing at us during our Shotski ceremony (LOL), and for making our big day one of the most memorable experiences of our lives

The Uncommon Officiant 8

The Uncommon Officiant Pricing

The Uncommon Officiant Price Rates

The Uncommon Officiant FAQ

• What is the typical price for your wedding services? $ 400.00
  • What is the starting price for your wedding services? $ 250.00
  • Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal? No
  • What is the starting price for ceremony rehearsals? $ 100.00
  • What types of weddings and events do you provide services for? Non-religious, Interfaith, Ceremony Rehearsal, Vow Renewal, Civil Union
  • What services do you provide? Allow Couples' Own Vows, Licensed
  • What religious affiliations do you serve? Agnostic, Earth-Based, No Denomination, Pagan, Unitarian
  • On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate? Less than 30 mins.
  • In which states are you licensed? KY, MI, OH, PA
  • What languages do you speak? English, Spanish

• Avant-Garde Impressions
    Avant-Garde Impressions Wedding Invitations

If you are looking for an officiant that is easy to work with, flexible and able to be professional - and fun - you have found him. Robert is a chameleon in the trade, and whether it be a formal and more serious wedding, or a fun themed wedding with someone not easily embarrassed to don a costumed look, he can fit the bill either way. And being open to many diverse cultures and religious beliefs you won't run into any issues that can often come up with this particular field. Many of our clients have used him, and each one of them has said that he was amazing to work with. We feel comfortable recommending him to anyone, no matter what type of wedding they are having.

• Wedded Perfection
    Wedded Perfection Wedding Planners

As a wedding planner, I work with a lot of officiants, but never one like Robert. Every wedding we work together I hear wedding guests go up to him and tell him how amazing his ceremonies are. He is funny, and it really gets the crowd engaged. He can tailor his work so that the couple shines, and by the time the big day arrives, they are comfortable with him, and even more ready to say their vows. He is the only officiant I know of that caters to all cultures and walks of life, and has even been known to dress up for the couple in a kilt or with a sword just to make the couples day! (and because it's really fun, and so is he).

• 7351 Olentangy River Road Columbus, Ohio, 43235 See on map