The Uncommon Officiant

7351 Olentangy River Road, Columbus, OH 43235 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Pricing
  • Meet the Team

About The Uncommon Officiant

I am a licensed wedding officiant from Worthington, Ohio and I have been performing weddings in Columbus and the central Ohio region since 2011. I love what I do and in the past 10 years I have presided over more than 350 ceremonies. I call myself The “Uncommon” Officiant simply because I do things a little differently. Rather than simply insert your names into an existing ceremony template, I specialize in making sure your ceremony is personal and enjoyable. I take the time to walk you through the process prior to your wedding, get to know the both of you, and write custom ceremony that is only about you and your relationship; all while adding a little personality into things to ensure everyone has a good time.

Your ceremony is the first interaction your guests have with your wedding. So I set the right tone and generate the right atmosphere for everyone to relax, celebrate, and be present for the entire experience. My reviews will certainly attest to that.

Whether it’s a traditionally formatted wedding, non-religious ceremony, or an earth-based civil union, I am here to make sure your wedding is both exactly what you want it to be and an affair for everyone to remember. I am happy to perform all of the following:

• Elopements

vanatter2 51 642513

60 Reviews for The Uncommon Officiant

Diane Stone · Married on 10/16/2020

Perfect ceremony

My husband and I were so excited to find Robert for our wedding. We wanted something unique and he was able to provide that. He was able to relay our story with the perfect amount of humor and seriousness, we could not have asked for anything better. Our guests could not stop talking about how wonderful he was! Thank you Robert for being flexible with us and sharing your start telling talent with all of our guests. You made our wedding day perfect and I can't thank you enough!!

Sent on 11/13/2020

Kate · Married on 10/02/2020

Uncommon should be the norm!

We found Robert at a friend's wedding and absolutely adored him from the start! Robert took ample time to get to know us and make sure our ceremony was tailored to our needs and wants. Robert is kind, organized and fun to work with. His sence of humor and professionalism set him at the top of my list for any recommendation! So many of our guests asked if he was a friend, and after our time with him it really feels like he is! !

Sent on 11/18/2020

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

The Uncommon Officiant Pricing

The Uncommon Officiant Price Rates

The Uncommon Officiant FAQ

• What is the typical price for your wedding services?
    $ 400
  • What is the starting price for your wedding services?
    $ 250
  • Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal?
  • What is the starting price for ceremony rehearsals?
    $ 100
  • What types of weddings and events do you provide services for?
    Non-religious
    Interfaith
    Ceremony Rehearsal
    Vow Renewal
    Civil Union
  • What services do you provide?
    Allow Couples' Own Vows
    Licensed
  • What religious affiliations do you serve?
    Agnostic
    Earth-Based
    No Denomination
    Pagan
    Unitarian
  • On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate?
    Less than 30 mins.
  • In which states are you licensed?
    KY
    MI
    OH
    PA
  • What languages do you speak?
    English
    Spanish

Team of The Uncommon Officiant

Robert Kannal Jr

Robert Kannal Jr

A Passionate and Beyond Average Officiant

I am 36 years old, a father of 4, married for 13 years, and I have been officiating now for a solid decade. It started as kind of a hobby, but I went full time in 2016 and have never looked back. Sine then I have performed and presided over 350 weddings and continue to be the premiere source for fun and engaging weddings for couples in Columbus and afar. I LOVE what I do and I do my best ot let that shine in every ceremony I write and perform - be it 3 people to 300 people.

+ More Details
- Less Details

• Avant-Garde Impressions Wedding Invitations

If you are looking for an officiant that is easy to work with, flexible and able to be professional - and fun - you have found him. Robert is a chameleon in the trade, and whether it be a formal and more serious wedding, or a fun themed wedding with someone not easily embarrassed to don a costumed look, he can fit the bill either way. And being open to many diverse cultures and religious beliefs you won't run into any issues that can often come up with this particular field. Many of our clients have used him, and each one of them has said that he was amazing to work with. We feel comfortable recommending him to anyone, no matter what type of wedding they are having.

• Wedded Perfection Wedding Planners

As a wedding planner, I work with a lot of officiants, but never one like Robert. Every wedding we work together I hear wedding guests go up to him and tell him how amazing his ceremonies are. He is funny, and it really gets the crowd engaged. He can tailor his work so that the couple shines, and by the time the big day arrives, they are comfortable with him, and even more ready to say their vows. He is the only officiant I know of that caters to all cultures and walks of life, and has even been known to dress up for the couple in a kilt or with a sword just to make the couples day! (and because it's really fun, and so is he).

• 7351 Olentangy River Road Columbus, Ohio, 43235 See on map
    614-524-5826 (Phone number)
    Location of (The Uncommon Officiant)