The Phelps Hotel

Cincinnati, OH View map Visit website

The Phelps Hotel is a wedding venue located in Cincinnati, Ohio. Situated in the heart of the city's downtown district, the venue offers a contemporary, bustling setting for milestone occasions. The hotel's friendly staff delights in sharing their event experience with to-be-weds to bring their visions to life on their big days.

Facilities and Capacity

When celebrating at The Phelps Hotel, couples and their guests will be met with a warm, refined ambience. The hotel offers three distinctive interiors where ceremonies, cocktail hours, and receptions can be held. Featuring earth-toned color palettes and rich mahagony accents, the event spaces can be adjusted to fit each couple's unique vision. For those wishing to make the most of the hotel's dazzling city views, the Rooftop Terrace can be used for exchanging vows, dining, and dancing. Complete with lounge furniture, warm lighting, and modern fire pits, the outdoor space provides a romantic, comfortable setting overlooking the skyline. On the terrace's upper interior level, couples are welcome to share their day with 75 people, while on the lower 90 guests can celebrate.

The detail-oriented staff at The Phelps Hotel is dedicated to creating seamless wedding experiences for couples and their loved ones. From selecting table arrangements to curating an overall theme, the staff has got you covered with details big and small. To top it all off, the hotel's talented catering team can provide you and your guests with a delicious reception dining experience. Buffets, hors d'oeuvres, and stations are a few of the serving styles available to satisfy your palate and event needs.

Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?

What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season?

$500.00

What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season?

$500.00

Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?

What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season?

$500.00

What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season?

$500.00

Which of the following are included in starting site fee?

Chairs
Glassware
Linens
Set Up
Tables

Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering?

Server(s)

What is the starting price per person for bar service?

$15.00

Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service?

Bartender(s)
House Liquor
House Wine

What is the maximum capacity of your venue?

How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?

Describe your venue:

Historic Building
Hotel
Rooftop

What kind of settings are available?

Uncovered Outdoor
Scenic Views

Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?

Ceremony
Reception
Bridal Shower
Engagement Party
Rehearsal Dinner

What event services do you offer?

Accommodations
Bar Services
Catering Services
Clean Up
Event Planner
Set Up
Wifi

What catering services do you offer?

Buffet
Cocktail Reception
Dessert
Hors d'oeuvres
Server(s)
Stations
Tastings

What bar services do you provide?

Bartender(s)
Premium Liquor
Signature Drink
Specialty Beer
Specialty Wine

What food and beverage items are available?

Barware
China
Flatware
Glassware
Linens

What transportation and access is available?

Valet
Wheelchair Access

What months are included in your peak season?

May
June
July
August
September

What months are included in your off-peak season?

January
3.3
  • Meghan
    Meghan Married on 09/19/2020

Great Experience!

We were not comfortable with the setup at the hotel where we had originally reserved our wedding room block, and had to make a change at the last minute. We were so lucky that The Phelps was available - our guests felt safe and comfortable, and the rooms were perfect. Everyone at The Phelps was so nice and helpful, and we would highly recommend setting up a room block at The Phelps for your wedding.
  • Se Coll
    Se Coll Getting married on 01/04/2022

Think Twice About Having Your Wedding Here

I Highly Caution Against Having a Wedding Here! The Service we received was terrible; from catering to guest services, to upper management.
    My wedding coordinator changed 3 times over a 2 year time period. The coordinator we ended up working with was rude prior to the wedding, and especially the day of my wedding. She waited until the late morning- the day of my ceremony to send my bill. I paid at around 12 pm. She later showed her face at 5:15pm- 15 minutes to the start of my ceremony to say my payment declined- which was not the case- more so to do with my daily limit- Nevertheless it was paid in a matter of minutes and while sorting through that she had threatened to stop our wedding- Rude in halls and in common places. We paid 25% service fee to have hosts and help. We did not. I along with my bridesmaids moved chairs around in the court yard. The guy Mike, who handled food was drenching in sweat the entire event- was told he has a health condition but no excuse when handling food. Our platters were found empty when we had food to be brought out, they were not on top of anything. We paid a cake cutting fee of $75 and only 12 pieces of cake were cut. We were sent home with 2 and 1/2 left of our 3 tier cake- mind you they neglected to bring out cupcakes we paid for and had delivered with the cake so it was all wasted. After speaking with corporate they reimbursed us a very small portion of what we spent to had ruined my day. Hardly anyone ate, most of my family left because no-one escorted them or told them where to go so they sat in the heat for hours. The instruction I had been told was that they would have signage displayed to say reception on the roof top but that was not there nor were the hosts we promised so may of my family left before the party could start. I paid for drink tickets for them to had been given to a one of my vendors-someone whom I just met for safe keeping; never to see them again. I was told by Marriott corporate - Phelps are a franchise and they typically do not overturn the district manager's decision. The district manager is a piece of work. I asked for a full refund because I paid for services not received, had wasted food, and did not enjoy the one day of my life that was suppose to be good memories. They compensated me for a very small portion of what I paid to have ruined my day. They were wrong and they took accountability but did they make it right- ABSOLUTELY NOT!

Think twice about planning a wedding here- ask for more reviews. I'm sure we are not the only ones who have had terrible wedding experiences. They have a new event coordinator every 6-8 months.

Team

Shareena Rucker
Shareena Rucker
Sales & Catering Manager

Shareena is a seasoned Sales & Catering Manager, ready to assist you with you wedding venue needs!

With almost 10 years in the hospitality industry, she began her catering career in Twentynine Palms, California for Marine Corps Community Services 2013. She then spent four years in Atlanta, GA as a Conference Services Manager and Sales Manager for the Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, as well as the Whitley, A Luxury Collection Hotel. Shareena has also worked Boston, Massachusets at the Envoy Hotel.

Now in Cincinnati, Ohio, she is the Sales & Catering Manager at The Phelps- Residence Inn Hotel. Whether you prefer the beautiful Courtyard, of the Rooftop, Shareena looks forward to hosting you, your family and friends!

506 East 4th Street Cincinnati, OH, 45202
513-613-2266
Location of (The Phelps Hotel)

Other vendors in Cincinnati for your wedding

Wedding Venues