About The Oberports

The Oberports (Emily Porter & Bobby Oberlander) are married photographers/business partners based in Charleston, West Virginia.

Emily and Bobby shoot every wedding together and work very collaboratively.

They've shot weddings all over the US  (WV, PA, OH, DC, NYC, etc), and internationally (Mexico and Italy). They love traveling and are available for wedding/portrait commissions worldwide.

They enjoy cooking, drinking beer, going on road trips, and watching old movies. As of the end of 2017, they have shot nearly 400 weddings together over the course of nearly a decade.

Categories: Wedding Photographer

Slideshow (1)
Wedding Portraits (1)
Albums (1)
Flush Mount (1)

Let's see, where do I begin in explaining how wonderful and talented The Oberports are? Our families love affair with The Oberports started back in 2012 when Emily and Bobby documented both of my sisters weddings. From my sisters engagement shoots and wedding days, to numerous family photo sessions, they've become the official Liberatore family photographers. So when I got engaged I called them within days to reserve our dates. They were the only option for our wedding. Emily and Bobby met us in Annapolis for our engagement photos and then back to North Beach, Maryland for our wedding a couple weeks ago. They also introduced me to David with Studio213Films who we booked as our videographer. They are responsive, easy going, detail oriented and capture the most amazing moments. They are talented photographers and but also really cool people so it is fun spending time with them. Which is important since you'll spend so much time together. They also have a sense of calm to them which helps you relax in front of the camera. I would forget they are there at times. In the most artistic and beautiful way, they capture your story and special moments. I really can't recommend them enough. They are an amazing team and you won't be disappointed in booking them for your wedding!

Profile Picture Erin , 5/12/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

WOW! Just WOW! The Oberports are AMAZING. As we were planning a wedding out of state, we live in DC but got married in WV – we had a bit of an unique situation. With our schedules, we were unable to align our engagement shoot with The Oberports. Since we were unable to work with/meet them prior to the wedding date, they were so kind to meet us for drinks over winter break when we were in WV to get to know us, and allow us to feel more comfortable working with them on the actual day. Leading up to the event, they were VERY responsive to all emails and inquiries, and actually hopped on a call to help me finalize the logistical timing for the first look and bridal/family portraits. While were we were getting ready, they both had a calming presence – which is so critical on the morning of an already stressful/exciting day. What I loved the most about them is their ability to see a photo – they can visualize the exact position, the exact lighting, and the final outcome prior to snapping the picture which allows them to get incredible and stunning photos so quickly! We weren’t taking the “same shot” multiple times to get it “just right” because they are so skilled and can get it perfect on the first try. During the actual ceremony and reception, I don’t even remember seeing them on the dance floor or taking any photos – that’s how awesome and skilled they are in capturing shots without being a distraction or intrusive. We had multiple guests comment on how great they were at staying “low key” and how easy to work with they were! When we received our wedding photos, we were speechless. It’s truly magical how they’re able to capture feelings and moments within one still frame. We’ve received so many compliments from friends and family on the photos, and we couldn’t be happier. I would highly recommend The Oberports – choosing them as our photographers was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding!

Photo
Profile Picture Emily, 3/10/18, 8 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, Additional Hours, Destination / Travel, High-Res Images, Second Shooter, Slideshow, Wedding Portraits

Though I'm based in Cleveland, I knew I wanted this Charleston, WV-based duo for our wedding day. I went to college with the wife half of their husband/wife team, & having them as our wedding photographers was the only thing I knew I wanted for my own wedding. They were definitely a splurge for us, but without even seeing our pictures, we knew they were absolutely worth it.

When our photos came in, they were better than we'd ever dreamed, capturing so many of those little details that really made the day the joyful, full-of-love celebration that it was. You won't get, from the Oberports, tons & tons of posed shots, (unless you specifically request them, I assume) - but you WILL get tons & tons of the details & those real-life moments, the expressions & the smiles & the magic of the actual moments as they happened on your wedding day. Our photos are incredible, & we cherish them beyond all else from that day, second only to our memories themselves.

Profile Picture Kate, 11/11/17, 1 Review