New Monopoly is a full-time professional provider of live entertainment specializing in weddings, corporate parties, special events and fundraisers. We offer the most diverse range of music of any performing group in the tri-state while maintaining a classy, but fun, stage presence. We are equal parts current radio (dance) music, swing, 50's vocal doo-wop, 70's disco, Motown, 80's new wave, easy listening, classic rock, as well as ethnic and religious, music. All selections are well-polished and carefully chosen to keep you and your guests upbeat and having fun on the dance floor from the first note to the last. In addition to the main group, we also offer ceremony music for our wedding clients, as well as cocktail music services.
NEW FOR 2016 --
- We have added a top-of-the-line uplighting system that rivals even the best rental systems available today which we are able to offer at an extremely competitive price. We offer up to 26 completely wireless units to enhance the decor of any room.
--We have added additional plasma screens to our stage plot (if desired) so that our wedding clients may display slide shows of important life events or other pictures of interest without needing a separate projector. Corporate clients may also choose to have their logo displayed prominently on the stage for improved branding.
- We now offer two additional sound systems above and beyond our main stage system. One allows us to better accomodate events in small to medium size venues, while the other is designed to allow us to provide proper sound for wedding ceremonies. All systems are nearly 100% wireless and provide the cleanest stage plot in the industry. (all offer a wireless cavalier (clip on) microphone) and your choice of hand held microphones.
We have invested countless years producing a product that provides you with all of the songs you would hope for from a DJ, coupled with the undeniable energy of a live group. If you haven’t been to a wedding with a truly professional live group, such as New Monopoly, you haven’t experienced everything a great event can be. Many people do not believe a band can sound as good as pre-recorded music, and in most cases, that is true. However, if you haven’t heard us yet, please reserve your decision. We collectively have a century and a half worth of experience making exceptional music - and we know how to energize a party in a way that won’t be forgotten. In fact, that is the universal response from our clients: Out of anything they chose to include as part of their special day, whether it be flowers, edibles, take-home gifts, or in this case, entertainment, New Monopoly was by far their most memorable choice and the one they have continued to receive compliments regarding, from family and guests, for years to come. Not surprisingly, a large majority of our engagements are booked thru word-of-mouth and referrals, and it is not uncommon to perform multiple weddings for a single family. We pride ourselves on being easy to work with, giving our clients what they want, and always presenting a professional product.
As a group, we don’t rest on our laurels. We are constantly working to stay up-to-date in all areas of our business, whether it be technology or learning the best of today’s current radio hits to supplement our strong foundation of crowd favorites. We use as our music selection guide multiple sources - Billboard® charts, DJ Top-200 play lists, as well as client submissions and requests. This assures we consistently add great music and satisfy all age groups. Our stage presentation is second to none, energy-wise, while making sure the focus always stays where it should - on YOU. We always provide the appropriate musical style as your timeline progresses, driving your evening from start to finish with music everyone will enjoy. In addition, we also include a DJ with all bookings. He supplements the band’s live choices with additional music and requests, assuring that your event never has a dull moment. Most importantly, though, you are in total control. You can fully customize our Song List as well as the music our DJ plays during break times.
No longer do you have to search the entire east coast to locate the best total package for your event. We are local to Baltimore MD, Washington DC, Northern VA, York/Hanover PA, & Delaware. You don’t have to reach out to New York, Boston or Nashville just to assure a quality presentation of the caliber you undoubtedly want for your special day. New Monopoly is, from all angles of consideration, the best product; technically current, black-tie experienced, and musically comprehensive with no hidden costs. We understand the needs of our clients; the desire for top shelf entertainment without the worry that, unfortunately, can come along with engaging a large group of musicians that you may never have met personally. When present at an event, none of our members consume alcohol or drugs, dress inappropriately, or act in a less-that-professional manner. From the moment you contact us directly, you are speaking with our business manager; a professional who has been in the field for 45 years and has worked with and represented some of the best names in the business. He will be there, in person, from that first moment of contact until the last note to assure that your event is a successful one. Our “package” - the musicians, top quality support, sound system, and lighting are all included with no run-around regarding hidden fees, commissions, or undisclosed “needs.” We work, first and foremost, to satisfy everyone involved in making the decision regarding entertainment choice.
New Monopoly almost exclusively maintains a calendar of private functions. We, therefore, understand the nuances involved in making that special event click. Again, on the day of the event, the person you’ve dealt with since the beginning (if you book directly with us) will be on site, working with your other service providers assuring that everything necessary for success happens as it should without you, the client, needing to even think about details on your special day. The bottom line: “It’s all about you.” We want you to enjoy yourself, unconditionally, and retain the excitement of the evening for years to come. You will never see our name on a club marquee, but we are very well known in our field: black tie events - weddings, corporate events, media functions, and fundraisers. If you have questions and would like to know more, please do not hesitate to contact us. Also, please explore our web presentation to get a sense of the quality and consistency we are proud to provide.
- - We are a group of professionals that work closely with your party planner, as well as other event staff/service providers, for meticulous event execution. We are an easy group to work with and make every effort to make booking a band an easy and stress-free experience
- - We are a premium black tie group that is in business solely to provide superior entertainment for once-in-a-lifetime events.
- - The majority of our business consists of weddings, fund raisers and corporate events; occasions that demand experience and professionalism, while also providing guests with a fun and unparalleled musical experience they never will forget.
- - Our base package includes everything you would ned for a successful event : our full 8 piece group (four horns, seven singers (two female) and full rhythm section (drums, bass guitar, guitar, keyboard); full state-of-the-art sound and lighting system; MC; DJ for breaks (continuous music);access to our unparalleled songlist, from which our clients may choose their favorite material to be played for the evening and well as a direct contact person from your first enquiry all the way to the end of your event. Additionally, we offer cocktail hour solutions, ceremony solutions (when the ceremony is taking place in the same location as the reception) including both music and additional sound system offerings, room / uplighting options, as well as additional musicians, if you would prefer a larger group of musicians/dancers on stage over and above our base 8 pieces.
- - If you are an entertainment buyer who has had the unfortunate experience of hiring a band, yet seeing your guests sit in their seats all night, unresponsive, you didn’t hire New Monopoly. Unlike most bands, we welcome the chance to go head-to-head with a DJ for audience satisfaction, sound quality and proper song choice. The difference in energy between a live group and a disc jockey is indescribable when hiring the right group.
- - We are NOT a “club” or weekend warrior band that simply puts on a tuxedos to perform at an upper class function once every few months. Our demeanor, our presentation, our song list, even our selection of staff is geared to formal weddings and corporate events. We dress in premium tuxedos (by default), our ladies dress in cocktail dresses appropriate to your event. Only by client request do we perform in casual attire. Our group is made up wholly of full-time musicians; responsible individuals chosen not just for musicianship, but for attitude and professionalism. As such, the same standards that apply to any serious business entity apply to us as well - no drugs, no drinking, no inappropriate language, plus the willingness to work hand and hand with all other vendors involved in executing a event to remember.
?While all of the above points are important, if not critical, to choosing the right group to entertain at your event, the number one priority on the day of your event is that everyone has a fun, enjoyable experience from note one until the end. We have an unparalleled song list, the right sound, a strong foundation in the business (2016 is our 17th anniversary as New Monopoly), the consistency, and the know-how to spice in each necessary ingredient for an unforgettable entertainment experience. You can always find a group for less, but even at double our pricing, you won’t find a group offering everything we provide.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the average price for a wedding reception during peak season?
What is the average price for a wedding reception during off-peak season?
Which of the following are included in the price?
Are you an agency or a band?
How many musicians are in your band(s)?
What genres of music does (do) your band(s) play?
What music services do you provide?
What items are available?
21 ReviewsWrite a review