Orangeburg, NY 10962 Map · Phone number

About The Makeup Nook

Licensed esthetician & makeup artist who specializes in bridal, beauty & airbrush makeup. Lindsey's focus is to enhance her clients natural beauty through her creativity, attention to detail, down-to-earth personality and her overall passion for makeup. Lindsey's start in the beauty world began ten years ago while working closely & assisting a reputable makeup artist in the Hudson Valley. From there, she attended the esthetics program at the Capri Institute in New York while completing advanced courses in skin care & makeup artistry. Lindsey went on to spread her talent freelancing for many weddings, photo shoots and other special events.

Follow The Makeup Nook on

img663

6 Reviews for The Makeup Nook

• Ann

Ann · Married on 05/31/2014

Lindsey was the second make up artist I tried out for my wedding. As soon as I met her I felt totally at ease and comfortable, and knew I wouldn't have to try out a third. She listened to what I liked and disliked and from that she created the flawless look that I had hoped for, for my wedding.
    On the day, she had no trouble in driving to my hotel, and working with the space we had. She made each of my girls look beautiful, everyone was happy with their look.
    I would highly recommend Lindsey to anyone seeking make up for a special occasion!

Sent on 09/08/2014
  • User3873412 · event on: 08/10/2013

I have had the pleasure of working with the Makeup Nook for many occasions. Lindsey Rey Galligan who runs the Makeup Nook conducts herself with the utmost professionalism while providing a great deal of warmth and trust. Lindsey has this way about her work where she sees a vision and you just trust her. Every time I have had my makeup done by this woman I have come out looking natural and feeling a new found confidence.

The Makeup Nook has way of making you feel at home when you arrive and I have always felt comfortable there. I have recommended the Makeup Nook to one of my best friends who had an event where they needed their makeup done. The response from my friend was feeling ecstatic and wanting to return again.

As I have stated previously, Lindsey has this way of applying makeup where you still are yourself and she doesn't lose you as a person. Lindsey brings out a part of yourself that maybe you did not see before. This is a rare gift and talent that few people possess. I can tell you that I know this young, beautiful, and talented woman is going places. I can also tell you that when the time comes for me to get married there is no one else that I would want to be the one who does my makeup. Lindsey is a beautiful person inside and out, I look forward to working with her and the Makeup Nook in the future.

Sent on 02/02/2014

Kristen · Married on 07/19/2013

Great job! Very natural makeup and lasted all through wedding and reception even on the hottest day of the summer!

Sent on 02/19/2014

The Makeup Nook FAQ

• What beauty services do you offer?
    Consultations
    Makeup

• Jennifer Leigh Beauty
    Jennifer Leigh Beauty Wedding Hair & Makeup

There is only 1 word to describe both Lindsey as a person and Lindsey's work & professionalism - AMAZING! Since I'm super into makeup & beauty products (a fellow makeup artist, in fact!), I was pretty picky about who I scheduled wedding makeup trials with. The moment I walked into The Makeup Nook and met Lindsey, I knew right away that I enjoyed being around her, and she was incredibly easy to work with. She listened closely to my wedding day makeup vision and executed it perfectly. I felt so beautiful and looked exactly as I had always imagined. I confirmed THAT NIGHT that I'd love for her to be my makeup artist for the most important day of my life. I am also a beauty blogger and couldn't help but write a blog post that same evening as well, gushing over how much I loved my makeup application by Lindsey at The Makeup Nook. I got multiple compliments on a job well done! I am so very excited to have Lindsey on my beauty team when my wedding day finally arrives in October 2014. I already know I'm in good hands! I highly recommend Lindsey's work and just know that you will find her friendly smile, genuine disposition, and bubbly personality something that you want around you on your wedding day.

• Orangeburg, 10962 See on map