398 Columbus Avenue #108, Boston, MA 02116 Map · Phone number

About The Irish Rabbi - Mark Newton

My moniker says it all. As an Irish passport-carrying ordained rabbi, I specialize not only in interfaith weddings, but intercultural ones as well. Whether your spiritual mix is Jewish, Catholic with a dash of Zen, and your family roots are in Poland, Ireland and China, you can trust me to celebrate your union with the widest possible embrace of who you are.

Ordained by the Reconstructionist Rabbinical College in 1991, I have been celebrating weddings, baby namings and bar/bat mitzvah ceremonies for over twenty years. I’m multilingual and I have cultivated a special outreach to the LGBT community.

I travel all over New England, Eastern Canada, the Mid-Atlantic states and now and again I travel to Europe. I will consider further distances as well. And if you are looking for a rabbi who will co-officiate, I will happily share the honors with your additional choice of clergy.

Although neither born nor raised in the Emerald Isle (my citizenship there is via my great-grandmother!), I am still very much the Irish tenor. My cantorial services are part of my role for you as rabbi.

Weddings are like snowflakes. Yours is one-of-a-kind.

Slán is Beannacht!

Outdoor wedding in Vermont
Outdoor wedding in Vermont
The Halloween Party Wedding
The Halloween Party Wedding
Reading ketubah to groom.
Reading ketubah to groom.
Civil Union in Vermont
Civil Union in Vermont
Reading ketubah to groom and his mother.
Reading ketubah to groom and his mother.
Lakeside Wedding
Earlier in my career!
on the beach

31 Reviews for The Irish Rabbi - Mark Newton

Ben · Married on 11/12/2016

Rabbi Mark Newton was great! He met with us and got to know us on a personal level and we also had a chat with him a few weeks before the wedding for all of the final details. His ceremony was exactly as he described. We received so many compliments on the service, which is truly a reflection of Rabbi Newton's execution. He conducted the Ketubah signing and ceremony portions of our service very well. Thanks!

Sent on 01/03/2012

jennifer · Married on 11/11/2016

We could not have asked for a better officiant for our wedding this past November! My husband is Jewish and I was raised Catholic. It was very important to us to incorporate both of our religious upbringings into our ceremony and Rabbi Mark was the answer to our wedding needs! He was so knowledgeable about both religions and traditions stemming from both of our backgrounds. We received multiple compliments on the beautiful and touching ceremony that he officiated. He was able to make a ceremony that reflected both of us perfectly. We cannot recommend him highly enough,

Sent on 12/13/2016

Nicki · Married on 08/27/2016

I am Jewish and my husband is catholic and Rabbi Mark Newton was incredibly easy to work with and helped us put together a ceremony that incorporated traditions from both religions. Rabbi Mark Newton knows an incredible amount about all different religions and helped to create a personal, warm, and unique ceremony that was perfect for us. I had many guests come up and comment to me after my wedding, how wonderful our ceremony was.

Sent on 09/18/2016