The Hamilton

Milwaukee, WI 53295 Map · Phone number
  • Real Weddings 1

Other couples have also viewed

• Red Circle Inn and Bistro
  • The Old Feed Mill
  • Saint Kate
  • Red Lion Pub

4 Reviews for The Hamilton

Sarah · Married on 10/19/2012

We fell in love with The Hamilton the first time we stopped in for a drink. The lounge is equally beautiful and cool, with and the inviting atmosphere just made us want to get married there! I'm in love with the chandeliers throughout the place, but I especially love the one in the event room. It's beautiful! I also love that the event room is grey, cream, and black. It was the perfect neutral backdrop for my black and white wedding! And the Lounge was great for the cocktail hour!

Kimberly was awesome to work with. I had my heart set on a black and white checkered dance floor. She looked, but sadly found that it would be way out of my budget to get a hold of one form Chicago. On the night of my rehearsal dinner, however, she surprised me with one all ready to go!!! She kept looking and found me one because she knew how much it meant to me! I loved my checkered dance floor and Kim for helping me get it!

Stop by The Hamilton for a delicious craft cocktail and see what I mean!

Sent on 07/24/2013

3.6
      3.5
      3.5

The Hamilton served as our wedding reception location. The space is beautiful and conveniently located in a popular Milwaukee neighborhood. These are the main reasons we decided to go with The Hamilton.

In getting contracts signed and finalizing the paperwork to reserve the space, Kim, the owner, was very easy to work with and flexible.

When it came to the wedding weekend there was definitely some miscommunication between us, our vendors and the Hamilton. We were allowed to park cars in the lot during our rehearsal dinner next door which was great. We were also allowed to drop off the decorations the day before but when we got there the staff member didn't know we were coming. On the wedding day when the caterer and our day-of coordinator showed up to set things up they realized that the chairs and tables were not set up...miscommunication between caterer, day-of coordinator and The Hamilton. This made our day-of coordinator late to the wedding ceremony (not good) and prevented the catering staff from doing some important tasks because neither of them budgeted time to do so. Our final invoice included the rental of chairs and tables (which were actually included in the room rental according to our original contract). I didn't mention this to the Hamilton because our invoice was still within our anticipated budget but the language in the contract led us to believe the chairs and tables were included in the rental fees, not extra, so that was slightly confusing. There was a lack of communication of where candles could and could not be on the day-of but Kim, the manager, did allow us to use some of her lights in the bar area to compensate.

Overall, the space is great but the communication and follow through could have been better. Kim was pleasant to work with and the staff was great. If you're set on how the space looks and can deal with some inconsistencies then The Hamilton would be fine. If not, I'd recommend looking somewhere else.

Sent on 06/20/2014

2.8
      1.5
      1.5
      3.0

The Hamilton was a beautiful venue, we receivied so many compliments on it. The cream city brick, sky lights, intimatcy of the room were wonderful. Wine choices and drink choices were good. We booked before pricing went up, so pricing was reasonable. The owner, Kim, was sold us on her flexbility and easy to work with, however we didn't feel that was the case in the end. We felt as if we inconvenienced her more than anything between our rehearsal dinner and actual wedding (we held our rehearsal dinner there). She was not very flexible with being to the venue before 1 pm to allow people in or out. After things were agreed upon, she told our other vendors and guests differently. Some examples of our issues are below: time DJ was allowed to play till we agreed upon midnght she told him 11:30, us having the lounge area privately rented till 7 but random people were in there by 630, refusing to serve the bridal party a drink before the ceremony and their "opening time", a bartender telling a guest there was a limit on the open bar beer, not having the parking lot plowed until after guests started arriving (this was the day after our first snow storm). The parking lot was literally dangerous for people to walk in. We felt this should have been done the very morning after the strom, not as the bridal party and guests were trying to park and walk into the venue. The plowing company wasn't even called until sometime after 1 pm. Also with the storm, the groomsmen wanted to come early on the wedding day to add lighting and some decor instead of during rehearsal dinner, and she said she would not be there before 1 pm because she had to close the bar down that night. I thought that reasoning was ridiculous. Overall, the place was gorgeous, and we immediately loved it. I would have recommended The Hamilton to anyone looking for a small unique venue, but after our rehearsal dinner and the day of experiences, I no longer recommend The Hamilton.

Sent on 03/11/2013

1 Real Wedding

• Milwaukee See on map
    (Phone number)
    Location of (The Hamilton )