P.O.Box 127 7913 Glen Echo Road, Glenville, PA 17329 Map · Phone number
  • Photos

About The Elegant Touch

I am a 4th generation harper - and have been performing in the Northern Maryland/Southern Pennsylvania area for over 25 years. I use the more traditional/ancient harp - the lever harp. I have two recordings: "Innisfree-Celtic Dreams" and "Innisfree-Full Circle" - both available at Amazon.com and CDbaby.com. I am the Music Director for "The Muses" - York County's Premier Harp Ensemble, and I have over 23 students. I am a Certified Music Practitioner (prescriptive music at the bedside of the ill and dying) and am the Vice President on the Board of Directors for The Music for Healing and Transition Program. Music is my passion! My repertoire reflects this passion in the diversity- I have something for everyone: Celtic, Classical, Broadway, New Age, Pop, Religious, Renaissance. If you have a piece of music 'near and dear to your heart' that isn't on my expansive repertoire list - get me a copy of it - and I can usually re-write it to fit the lever harp. I have multiple sound systems and multiple costumes (for themed events).

3 Reviews for The Elegant Touch

• Tiffany

Tiffany · Married on 06/02/2012

Kris made our ceremony such a beautiful experience. The music she played on the harp touched us. It truely made our wedding extra special. She is incredibly talented.

Sent on 07/02/2012
  • Annie.Shapiro1025

Annie · Married on 05/04/2008

We used Mrs. Kris Snyder as our harper for our ceremony. She was VERY professional and accommodating. We met with her in her home and she demonstrated her abilities for us in person. She even took requests! :) She sat with us for a good amount of time picking out every last song for our ceremony and gave us a sample so we would know exactly what it would sound like! She also played for our cocktail hour, but unfortunately we were otherwise occupied so unable to experience it first hand. Our guests had nothing but compliments for her though. There was a song that was special to us that she didn't have in her portfolio, so when we could find it, we sent it to her and she modified it for her style of harp, the pedal harp, and preformed it for our special day! She was wonderful! I would definitely recommend her to anyone! She did our ceremony outside and was very happy to do so with the proper weather and shade from the sun.

Sent on 05/21/2008

Lindsey · Married on 05/16/2009

4.2

Kris Snyder was exceptionally easy to work with and get in touch with. She met with my husband and I a few months before our wedding at her home in PA to walk us through our ceremony and demonstrate music. She was patient and had excellent suggestions to help personalize the ceremony. She played during the ceremony and the cocktail hour. Highly recommended.

Sent on 08/03/2009

• Liberty Mountain Resort
    Liberty Mountain Resort Hotel Weddings

The Elegant Touch, Kris is exceptional! We have been working with her for many years and always does a fantastic job! She is professional and very easy to work with.

• P.O.Box 127, 7913 Glen Echo Road Glenville, 17329 See on map