Lansdowne, PA 19050 Map · Phone number

About The Craig Satchell Experience

From the beginning to the end,we will work with you to help create the perfect affair for you & your guests.
We offer a wide array of music; Top 40, R&B, Disco, Motown, Rock & Roll, Oldies, Reggae, Hip Hop, Jazz Standards, Smooth Jazz, Classical, Broadway, Cabaret, Big Band, Dixieland, Swing & more. We offer music for your wedding ceremony, cocktail hour, reception, and for your rehearsal dinner as well.

The Craig Satchell Experience has many years of experience performing at all types of venues in and around the Philadelphia area; New Jersey, New York, Delaware, Baltimore, Washington D.C. & other areas as well.

This is your special day and The Craig Satchell Experience will help make your special occasion spectacular!

JazzBand100
JazzBand101

14 Reviews for The Craig Satchell Experience

Emily · Married on 12/08/2018

Best wedding band ever!

We hired Craig and his band for our cocktail hour and reception and we are SO glad we did! From the start, Craig was super responsive to our questions and answered emails extremely quickly, which was much appreciated. We heard his band play a sample set and they blew us away! As we got closer to the wedding, Craig was great about helping us plan out the sequence of events for the reception. At the reception, Craig took the time to ask us how the sound level was for the music- something I really appreciated as we have been to so many weddings where the music is much too loud for guests who want to sit and chat. When it was time for our first dance, the band played a beautiful rendition of More by Frank Sinatra. When the dance floor opened up, Craig and his band read the crowd perfectly with their song selections and had guests from all generations dancing for hours! I’m the weeks since our wedding, guests have told us that the Craig Satchell Experience was, hands-down, the best wedding band they have ever heard and my husband and I agree! Thank you for such a lovely and memorable performance on the happiest day of our lives!

Sent on 12/28/2018

Katie · Married on 10/07/2017

I found Craig's band through a website called gigmasters. We were struggling last minute to find entertainment for our wedding, as we had issues with our DJ and had to fire him. After losing money on the DJ, we were left with a very limited budget for the music. Craig was able to work with our budget and offered us a few options to see what would work best for us. Because of the last minute booking, I didn't have an opportunity to hear his band play in person, but we were able to watch and listen to some recordings that he had available online. I was nervous about booking a band that I hadn't really seen before, especially after our DJ experience, but after talking with Craig (who was always very quick to respond to emails and phone calls) and seeing the clips, I was reassured that it would be a good decision. I was definitely not disappointed. He couldn't personally be there on our wedding day, but the musicians he sent were top notch. They were not only very talented, but very personable. They were able to accommodate our requests, including having two songs as part of our first dance, and the Hava Nagila. Unfortunately, it was warmer than expected the night of our wedding, and our venue wasn't air conditioned, so not as many people ended up dancing. However, I could tell that our guests really enjoyed the music, and those that were out on the dance floor were having a great time. I am very happy with my experience and if I had to do it all over again, would hire them in a heartbeat.

Sent on 10/17/2017

We used the "Craig Satchell Jazz & Swing Ensemble" (see his website for an explanation of each group). They were superb! Our guests included 25+ professional musicians with university/conservatory music training. Everyone highly praised Craig Satchell’s group. Band members are excellent, enthusiastic and gracious musicians, working well together. The band became a natural extension of our reception, rather than a competing event. Craig was attentive to special requests (including learning new songs, given enough advance notice). As master of ceremonies he was clear and gracious, directing attention where it needed to be without making himself the center of attention. Prior to booking we met with Craig at the venue where he is solo pianist. He carefully discussed our needs. Guests who talked with band members enjoyed the conversations.

Sent on 10/28/2015

Award

The Craig Satchell Experience FAQ

• Which of the following are included in the price? Ceremony Music, Learning New Songs, Lighting, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception Music, Sample Performances, Sound/PA System, Travel Expenses
  • Are you an agency or a band? Band
  • How many musicians are in your band(s)? 4 - 6, 7+
  • What genres of music does (do) your band(s) play? Big Band, Dance, Funk, Hip Hop, Jazz, Motown, Oldies, Pop, R&B / Soul, Rock, Swing, Top 40
  • What music services do you provide? Ceremony Music, Cocktail Hour Music, Learning New Songs, MC, Reception Music, Music During Breaks, Rehearsal Dinner Music, Liability Insurance, Willing to Travel
  • What items are available? Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System